Page 1 of 3
LastLast

how about an expansion where we're nobodies again?

wouldn't it be nice?

an expansion where we're not the baddest most awesome champion general leader of armies, leader of the entire class etc.

just again some random adventurer, that has to slowly earn respect.

obviously we'd need some arbitrary plot device to cause this but still.

It might be impossible after 13 years of lore, But I'm kinda bored with how overpowered our characters are.

10+ Year Old Account
    World of Warcraft: Rock Bottom

I like to think it's funny that we can go from our journey to being an actual hero to being a no one again... did we gamble our hero royalties on drugs booze and women (or men)?

First mission of the expansion, cleaning the lavatories. :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

The problem is that's what we were for awhile and slowly gained renown.

Vanilla: Random nobody
    BC: Noticed and asked to do some heroic deeds in pushing back the Legion
    LK: Recognized, basically part of the armies/groups to fight the Lich King
    Cata: Well known, asked by the dragon aspects and multiple other high-ranking characters to save Azeroth from being torn asunder
    MoP: Extremely known as a savior of Azeroth, though we took a more back-seat approach on this expansion
    WoD: Made a garrison and became a commander to stop the AU Iron Horde and Gul'dan
    Legion: Became leader of our classes, uniting both factions of their class, and pushed back the Legion even further

Like, I don't exactly see how you can go from being a/an almost demigod, to just being an unknown lowly adventurer again.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Didn't they announce just that at blizzcon? Classic Wow i think it was called.

Seriously though, the only way to achieve that in a believable way, is if we disguise ourselves for some reason.

"Oh no <playername>, I heard that <bigbaddy> hired assassins to kill you... You need to put on <random_nobody_costume>
    if you want to keep helping our efforts! Of course we can't tell anybody, there might be spies.
    You think you can handle common soldiers treating you like shit? Well then, off you go!"

World of Warcraft: Who the fuck do you think you are
    Last edited by DietzThought; 2018-01-15 at 06:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you not heard the details of the next expansion? We are nobodies going to a foreign land to recruit help. No more artifacts, just rocks and sticks

10+ Year Old Account
    The best way to push all the players of their pegs, is by making a Goblin expansion. Ain't no one anyone until you can prove it to the cartels.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    The problem is that's what we were for awhile and slowly gained renown.

Vanilla: Random nobody
    BC: Noticed and asked to do some heroic deeds in pushing back the Legion
    LK: Recognized, basically part of the armies/groups to fight the Lich King
    Cata: Well known, asked by the dragon aspects and multiple other high-ranking characters to save Azeroth from being torn asunder
    MoP: Extremely known as a savior of Azeroth, though we took a more back-seat approach on this expansion
    WoD: Made a garrison and became a commander to stop the AU Iron Horde and Gul'dan
    Legion: Became leader of our classes, uniting both factions of their class, and pushed back the Legion even further

Like, I don't exactly see how you can go from being a/an almost demigod, to just being an unknown lowly adventurer again.
    This, and just as a comment on MoP, that was a case where we were going to a previously unexplored continent that neither Alliance nor Horde had ever set foot on, and we started out there with a smaller strike force of faction troops while mostly being surrounded by new races and factions that had never heard of us. We were nobodies there, and had to earn the regard of the locals. There may be some of that going forwards into the new zones in BFA.

But this is a progression of events that is totally realistic for one character who has gone through so much. I notice someone mentioned vanilla serves - that's probably your best bet. Or roll a brand new character and go through those events.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    This, and just as a comment on MoP, that was a case where we were going to a previously unexplored continent that neither Alliance nor Horde had ever set foot on, and we started out there with a smaller strike force of faction troops while mostly being surrounded by new races and factions that had never heard of us. We were nobodies there, and had to earn the regard of the locals. There may be some of that going forwards into the new zones in BFA.

But this is a progression of events that is totally realistic for one character who has gone through so much. I notice someone mentioned vanilla serves - that's probably your best bet. Or roll a brand new character and go through those events.
    yeah I hope BFA our role as a huge leader of alliance/horde will take a backseat to the exploration and diplomacy with new races and lands.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    wouldn't it be nice?

an expansion where we're not the baddest most awesome champion general leader of armies, leader of the entire class etc.

It might be impossible after 13 years of lore, But I'm kinda bored with how overpowered our characters are.
    It would bring back the sense of adventure. Yep. Would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post

TBH I like the progression we have but I would prefer us to "go on our own", more or less being a mercenary/hired bodyguard/gun/etc more than anything.

Like yeah we can become as close to gods as mortals can be, but that doesn't mean I need a hoard of NPCs following me/taking orders from me. I wanted Player Housing and neither the Garrison nor Order Hall came even close to that. Give me a room/house to decorate. There's a reason people love Animal Crossing/The Sims/etc games.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

wouldn't it be nice?

Welcome to Battle for Azeroth... your individual accomplishments mean nothing.... you are a lowly grunt ordered to fight for whatever plot device your faction leader demands of you. Now dance monkey!
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

wouldn't it be nice?

Classic servers are coming. You can go back to being a peasant adventurer there.

Isn't that what BfA is doing? I am getting an impression that we are being knocked down to MoP levels of importance this expansion.

It's like the dragon ball series. You just can't expect goku to save the universe a tenth time and be a nobody. It just makes no sense.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

I don't think they need to make us nobodies again. But I would really really really really like it if they stopped gushing over us for every.....single........thing. That drives me nutz!

Go play on Classic when it launches.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    I don't think they need to make us nobodies again. But I would really really really really like it if they stopped gushing over us for every.....single........thing. That drives me nutz!
    And yet not a single one of our characters is shown or mentioned in any cinematic. At best we get some backhanded "Oh, it's you champions!"

We save the world multiple times, and the best we can get is "Welcome generic hunter! How about that sportsball team, eh!?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yay this topic again

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Go play on Classic when it launches.
    I'm going to dont worry :P

we weren't even nobodies in vanilla. you're literally asking to go back to like less than level 30 in vanilla.

it's stupid. being a nobody in wow would be stupid. i like my power and authority, i just wish i could get to enact that power over people. like with fucking nathanos, he's a cunt to me every time we speak, and i should be able to make him fear for his life for a moment as punishment.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2018-01-15 at 09:36 PM.