Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xecks View Post
    what patch implementation (1.x or progression or frakenpatch).

and things like colorblind mode and bug fixes.

thats all. theyve said as much in the interviews and most of the blue posts including the one on the eu forums.
    all these qol changes and class balancing issues are really off the table.

just a thought.
    Would be helpful to post some sources for your info

sure there are people that want it . i know and understand that. im just saying the only thing theyve asked us to discuss were those things i mentioned.
    Well I mean there were bugs that literally broke spells for certain classes making them unusable (or the only viable class) in raids. So really, if people want them to fix bugs they'll also be balancing classes that didn't work the way they were intended to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    Well I mean there were bugs that literally broke spells for certain classes making them unusable (or the only viable class) in raids. So really, if people want them to fix bugs they'll also be balancing classes that didn't work the way they were intended to.
    thats something to discuss then. but it wouldnt be numbers balancing . it would be making something work the way they meant it to.

10+ Year Old Account
    From that same interview you just linked.

J. Allen Brack: Some of the reason for why we're not ready to talk about that is... we actually don't know yet. The important announcement today was: we're doing this. We've heard the community, we've heard our own internal teams, we've heard all the comments over the years. When it comes to the details, we don't know all of the answers just yet.

There's also the fact that now we've announced this, we might want to partner with the community on some of those answers. WOW changed a lot in the first two years, before The Burning Crusade came along, and so, how exactly should it work? Those are questions we need to talk about, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post

J. Allen Brack: Some of the reason for why we're not ready to talk about that is... we actually don't know yet. The important announcement today was: we're doing this. We've heard the community, we've heard our own internal teams, we've heard all the comments over the years. When it comes to the details, we don't know all of the answers just yet.

There's also the fact that now we've announced this, we might want to partner with the community on some of those answers. WOW changed a lot in the first two years, before The Burning Crusade came along, and so, how exactly should it work? Those are questions we need to talk about, for sure.
    WOW changed a lot in the first two years, before The Burning Crusade came along, and so, how exactly should it work? Those are questions we need to talk about, for sure.
    in the two years. nothing after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post

I like how you cut out the context to support your stance.

I'll get a couple of questions out of the way here, which I suspect you can't answer. When is WOW Classic going live?

J. Allen Brack: We don't know yet. Just like every Blizzard game.

And I suppose you're not ready to talk, in any detail, about how it'll work?

Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    He kinda killed it when he started the thread because everyone who followed Blizzard about classics knows that they didn't say what he is saying.
    sure. i am totally wrong even though what i linked says otherwise.

The only question you should ask yourself is why Blizzard is doing this? Because they want money. So how can they earn more money? By releasing a carbon copy of Vanilla which only players from pirate servers would play in the end, or by releasing Vanilla 2.0 a.k.a Classic which would bring more players overall?

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    The only question you should ask yourself is why Blizzard is doing this? Because they want money. So how can they earn more money? By releasing a carbon copy of Vanilla which only players from pirate servers would play in the end, or by releasing Vanilla 2.0 a.k.a Classic which would bring more players overall?
    they already said it in that interview i posted that they are going to remain as faithful to vanilla as possible. classic 2.0 would be a shitty port of live which less people would play and it would lose the appeal of being a direct copy of vanilla.

Deleted
    they already said it in that interview i posted that they are going to remain as faithful to vanilla as possible. classic 2.0 would be a shitty port of live which less people would play and it would lose the appeal of being a direct copy of vanilla.
    They said that about the 1-60 experience. You realise that right

Well, we do not understand the same what they said then. If they wanted to release a carbon copy of Vanilla they would have called it Vanilla. Hence they use Classic, so I think it will be some kind of Vanilla with QoL (Double specs, aoe loot but no LFR, maybe premade group tool? and so on...). They can't release in 2018 the shit Vanilla was, even for 2004.

Well, we do not understand the same what they said then. If they wanted to release a carbon copy of Vanilla they would have called it Vanilla. Hence they use Classic, so I think it will be some kind of Vanilla with QoL (Double specs, aoe loot but no LFR, maybe premade group tool? and so on...). They can't release in 2018 the shit Vanilla was, even for 2004.
    So you simply flat out deny what they've said on record?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-big-questions

Do you think there'll be a line to walk for the team, then? Somewhere between creating that authentic experience that people have asked for, while also figuring out what doesn't make sense anymore? For example, with the Intellect buff, is it important to you that players do need to drink after casting it?

J. Allen Brack: Yes. That's part of the level 60 experience. Our goal is to recreate that classic 1-60 gameplay. Some things changed as time went on, with different patches. How does that get manifested? That's one of the outstanding questions. But yeah, the goal is to recreate that exact experience, for better or for worse.

Are you expecting players to come back to vanilla WOW and properly invest in that game, or just have a look around for nostalgia's sake?

J. Allen Brack: Both, I think. One of the things we do know is that by announcing this, we're in the WOW Classic business forever. Once that starts, there's a commitment on our end that we're going to continue maintaining those servers for as long as there is a World of Warcraft. I think there will be people that come and do the nostalgia trip, they go to the Barrens and find Mankrik's wife, and then they're done. That's fine. Some amount of people, however, are going to create a new Classic community and that's what we'll be providing.

Those people don't just want the old gameplay features, they want the constant social connection. And so we can't just support it for a couple of months and then if it's not working out, ditch it. There has to be an assurance that you can build this character, build this guild, build these friendships, and the server will continue.
    Is pretty concrete.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    It has everything to do with how irrational your argument is regarding Legion being the very same game as Vanilla but with a sprinkle of QoL fixes.
    No, not at all. Legion is the product of 12 years of QoL changes.
    You want that? It's right there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    You sure? It does not appear that way
    How so? They asked what patch of vanilla. They clearly stated that they wanted the same feel as vanilla without any changes.

and yet you guys cant just let people have their 1:1 copy of vanilla that includes nothing but what was in vanilla to begin with . its sad.
    Because it doesn't exist. You guys also want 'bugs and exploits fixed' yet that was also a part of Vanilla. We don't even know how patches will be rolled out and if Blizzard wants to start at a later (arguably more stable) patch, then that's also not Vanilla 1:1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

They also said that there would be NO FLYING in DRAENOR. I wonder how that turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Because it doesn't exist. You guys also want 'bugs and exploits fixed' yet that was also a part of Vanilla. We don't even know how patches will be rolled out and if Blizzard wants to start at a later (arguably more stable) patch, then that's also not Vanilla 1:1.
    i wouldnt care if they did fix some of the bugs if the fixes were sometime in vanilla. but if they werent fixed in vanilla it would bother me but it wouldnt break the game for me like almost all of the changes that are purposed on this and other forums.

the patches thing i dont know. they are something to be discussed.
    the copy of vanilla can and does exist as close to it as possible but the implementation is up for debate like i said.

- - - Updated - - -

They also said that there would be NO FLYING in DRAENOR. I wonder how that turned out.
    i hope it wont be like that this time. theyve said as much but there seems to be people out there that want to ruin it for the people who have fought and grinded for it.

You hope but you do not know. We can say the same for Classic. Period Vanilla could be awesome with Qol, but ppl like you would ruin it for other ppl. I can do that as well.

You hope but you do not know. We can say the same for Classic. Period Vanilla could be awesome with Qol, but ppl like you would ruin it for other ppl. I can do that as well.
    but theyve already said what was said in those interviews. so sorry the game wouldnt be for you .

As they said there would be no flying in draenor

i wouldnt care if they did fix some of the bugs if the fixes were sometime in vanilla. but if they werent fixed in vanilla it would bother me but it wouldnt break the game for me like almost all of the changes that are purposed on this and other forums.

the patches thing i dont know. they are something to be discussed.
    the copy of vanilla can and does exist as close to it as possible but the implementation is up for debate like i said.
    So if anyone wants Vanilla that actually lets our underpowered characters be viable through changing Vanilla, it's sad? But if they roll out patches that are already in Vanilla that do the exact same thing even though that's not how Vanilla was, then you're okay with it?

This entire debate is grey, so I don't think you should jump in so quickly to judge what is a good change and what isn't. ANY change to Vanilla be it a bug fix or a mis-matched patch roll-out is effectively changing Vanilla. If the game came out with 1.12 at the start, Molten Core would play nothing like how it originally did because the classes are already better-balanced and the meta is completely changed. Even at a base 1.07, Molten Core would not play the same way.

I think we need to move on in thinking Classic is gonna be a 1:1 Vanilla and move the conversation forward from that. What is important is keeping the spirit of Vanilla alive; the Vanilla experience. A large part of that experience was not knowing what patch changes to expect. That's why someone would main a Druid despite knowing the current patch sucked for them; it's the idea that they could be buffed any moment. Look at any private server stats though, and you will see Druid pops are always lowest while OP classes like Warriors and Mages are always at the top. That kind of predictability never existed in Vanilla yet it does now. No matter how you look at it, a static 1:1 Vanilla would be nothing like what you actually remembered it to be because we all know all the dumb shit to avoid going into it today. That's why a rebalance conversation matters.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2018-01-15 at 07:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.