Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Canada has a President? Does QE2 know?
    i think sometimes he forgets his troll account is canadian... or supposed to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    i highly doubt MLK would want us to judge blacks by the content of their character in todays world. that would be a lot of blacks easily discarded.
    He says while claiming racism is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Holy shit, you actually believe racism is gone?
    discrimination sure is. anybody that tells you otherwise is lying and wants drama.

its so good right now, people have to make a big deal over a cake in a fly over state that nobody visits and hardly anybody lives there... thats how hard people like you have to dig to find discrimination and even then its weak as fuck and 1 case out of billions of interactions a day. its fucking nuts to think these small random events somehow equal discrimination on a national level.

- - - Updated - - -

He says while claiming racism is gone.
    why is it racism? wtf is wrong with people like you? im talking about getting to know them and the content of their character... wtf you talking about? how about you go talk to some black people yourself. then before you're done ask them what they think of their own kind. ask them if they feel safer in a room full or blacks or whites. get to know them before you spout off bullshit like that.
    Last edited by oxymoronic; 2018-01-15 at 07:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit, you actually believe racism is gone?
    Quite a few people do, which is the source of a lot of this rubbish. It's a lot easier to dismiss criticism of the social order when you take the position that reform is entirely unnecessary to begin with.

And as I said above, it's also a function of delegitimising current reformers by holding them to a fictional historical standard which they are intentionally never able to meet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I take a solid attitude that calling out the protestors for being violent while not focusing on what caused the protests in the first place is not seeing the forest for the trees, and is the white privilege version of virtue signalling.
    That's me alright, the half Hispanic, crippled cancer survivor, and poor to boot... A paragon of white privilege just virtue signaling my white privilege all over the place.

"But guys you're disappointing MLK by being violent :'(". It's trying to straddle this weird line between holding up a civil rights figure as proof that you're totally not complicit in society's abuses because 'you're on his side' while actually seeing no issue with the status quo and trying to dismiss entirely legitimate concerns because...
    MLK and his allies were able to affect sweeping change while committing no violence during an era of literal government enforced legalized institutionalized racism against blacks... So forgive me for not accepting the violence BLM seems to need to get their point across at present when the "racism" challenges they face are literally almost nothing relative to what MLK and his civil rights movement allies faced.

BLM are just ingrates who couldn't be happy with the sops given to them, or something?
    Apart from one overtly racist Republican state representative from Kansas (at least I think that's what he was) saying blacks should be thankful for slavery, I have never seen a single person make an argument even passingly similar to that. Yet you are taking that argument, that you seemingly made up yourself, and applying it to every single person who disagrees with you. Classy.

This thread is the prefect example of why we don’t deserve nice things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ignoring the fact that "identity politics" have been a thing since representative government has been a thing, maybe if you want to actually delegitimise the people saying 'you can't be racist against whites' you should be striving to fix institutional and systemic issues that give that side its legitimacy.
    I can delegitimise those who say you can’t be racist towards white people by citing a dictionary.

As I said, they are racists looking to justify their racism, identity politics needs to die.

You know, like how it's significantly more effective to defuse Communist fifth column activities by improving people's living conditions so they aren't tempted to try and upend the established regime.
    Communists are as much of a problem as neo-Nazis, i.e. they are a low level threat and consist almost entirely of morons larping as revolutionaries. Their idiocy doesn’t need to be pandered to.

Ignoring the fact that "identity politics" have been a thing since representative government has been a thing, maybe if you want to actually delegitimise the people saying 'you can't be racist against whites' you should be striving to fix institutional and systemic issues that give that side its legitimacy.
    you mind telling what institutional and systemic issues we have that need to be fixed?

10+ Year Old Account
    I can delegitimise those who say you can’t be racist towards white people by citing a dictionary.

As I said, they are racists looking to justify their racism, identity politics needs to die.
    "Identity politics" has been a thing forever and will continue to be a thing so long as humans have an ingroup/outgroup social view.

Is it really that difficult a thing to say 'racism' needs to die? Or are you more concerned with people complaining about white people than racism.

Communists are as much of a problem as neo-Nazis, i.e. they are a low level threat and consist almost entirely of morons larping as revolutionaries. Their idiocy doesn’t need to be pandered to.
    I was referring to anticommunist efforts in the middle of the last century, point in fact.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    It does truly amaze me though, that Leftists can't see that identity politics, and "white privilege" are fundamentally racist. Surely they are not this dumb. Surely they are just saying these things, because they think it's justified racism.
    Racists always think their racism is justified, like all extremists do. ‘It’s different when we do it!’

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    This thread is the prefect example of why we don’t deserve nice things.
    Wll, folks are screaming about identity politics in a MLK thread, so yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Identity politics" has been a thing forever and will continue to be a thing so long as humans have an ingroup/outgroup social view.

Is it really that difficult a thing to say 'racism' needs to die? Or are you more concerned with people complaining about white people than racism.
    The complaining about white people is racist.

If people think there is a problem with racism, then it is utterly moronic for them to be racist. If they do that then they aren’t part of any solution, they are part of the problem.

I was referring to anticommunist efforts in the middle of the last century, point in fact.
    I don’t live in the middle of last century, so I don’t give a fuck.

Racists always think their racism is justified, like all extremists do. ‘It’s different when we do it!’
    well the word racist has been tossed around and changed from its original meaning. i certainly dont think my race is superiors to blacks, as i know in many aspects blacks are on average more physical and stronger than the average person from my region. however, i do think us asians are smarter and that correlates into a lot of other things, critical thinking being one. envisioning consequences and caring about them is another. are asians better than blacks? no, do we have a lot of differences? fuck yes.

Never heard of her.

Infracted
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2018-01-16 at 07:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The complaining about white people is racist.

If people think there is a problem with racism, then it is utterly moronic for them to be racist. If they do that then they aren’t part of any solution, they are part of the problem.
    But let's be honest, the complaining about white people was the real crime in your view.

I don’t live in the middle of last century, so I don’t give a fuck.
    You gave enough of a fuck to echo a sentiment from the middle of the last century, so.

10+ Year Old Account
    But let's be honest, the complaining about white people was the real crime in your view.
    Saying racism is bad...how awful of me!

You gave enough of a fuck to echo a sentiment from the middle of the last century, so.
    Communist ideology is a busted flush, judging people by the content of their character and not skin colour is a timeless ideal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saying racism is bad...how awful of me!
    If you said that instead of "this form of racism gets a pass while this other form that I find less agreeable does not".

Communist ideology is a busted flush, judging people by the content of their character and not skin colour is a timeless ideal.
    Which is entirely irrelevant to the point, being that whatever the ideology a successful strategy for preventing that ideology from becoming a cause of social disorder is actually addressing its legitimate concerns.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreenGoldSharpie View Post
    Wll, folks are screaming about identity politics in a MLK thread, so yeah.
    Let us take this moment to reflect that it was only by means of "identity politics" and coming together as a group for concerted reform that the Civil Rights movement achieved what it did.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you said that instead of "this form of racism gets a pass while this other form that I find less agreeable does not".
    Where did I say that any form of racism was different? Racism is racism.

Which is entirely irrelevant to the point, being that whatever the ideology a successful strategy for preventing that ideology from becoming a cause of social disorder is actually addressing its legitimate concerns.
    Communism largely destroyed itself, because it simply doesn’t work when humans are involved, which is something of a fundamental flaw.

Racism is declining, but advocates of identity politics are reversing that and now the far right are making a resurgence in response. If there is one thing the world doesn’t need it is their return, so well played to the identity politics advocate cretins.

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Let us take this moment to reflect that it was only by means of "identity politics" and coming together as a group for concerted reform that the Civil Rights movement achieved what it did.
    Oh, I wasn't bashing identity politics. I'm perfectly on board with the concept. My identity is both important to me and informs my politics. Someone who tells me it shouldn't isn't like to get very far with me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGoldSharpie View Post
    Oh, I wasn't bashing identity politics. I'm perfectly on board with the concept. My identity is both important to me and informs my politics. Someone who tells me it shouldn't isn't like to get very far with me.
    Especially considering the right has been about nothing but identity politics in recent history, lol.