Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    this is just one of the reasons who make him top tier warrior, not the reason alone, people will bring up this because it was the most impressive, if you count after what he go trough to archive that

you mean artifact weapon? the devs said a nature weapon theme would not fit the arms warriors, call that fantasy class bullshit
    Yeah thanks wows my off game these days sooo got it mixed up.

And that is BS imo. It is probably among the most famous weapons in wow lore and to not use it because "nature" themed the f.

Personally i am betting because they hate anything knaack worked on amd are trying to phase it all out(i admit i enjoyed his books on a sheer fun scale of op antics)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuen View Post
    You're making loopy de loops, your first reply to me was based on the fact that anyone could use the Axe of cenarius to hurt Sargeras.....so yes, that is your contemption of my post. So why are you retracting back to him fighting armies? That was never my contention, he's on my list for that reason alone. Here, I'll repost it.

1. Grom Hellscream
    2. Orgrim Doomhammer
    3. Anduin Lothar
    4. Cairne Bloodhoof
    5. Varian Wrynn
    6. Garrosh Hellscream
    7. Varok Saurfang
    8. Broxigar Saurfang
    9. Muradin Bronzebeard
    10. Jarod Shadowsong
    Anyone could use the axe to hit sargeras, sure, but who among then would do it after killed mountains of demons? literally thousands of demons? Varian? the guy overwhelm by felguards? Lothar? killed by an single orc?

Deleted
    Anyone could use the axe to hit sargeras, sure, but who among then would do it after killed mountains of demons? literally thousands of demons? Varian? the guy overwhelm by felguards? Lothar? killed by an single orc?
    We don't know, just because a specific scenario hasn't happened to someone, doesn't mean they are incapable of doing it should it arise. Also Lothar was an old man at that point and Orgrim is literally second on my list for a reason.

7+ Year Old Account
    We don't know, just because a specific scenario hasn't happened to someone, doesn't mean they are incapable of doing it should it arise. .
    so they are far behind old broxx, sorry to break your glass, we are putting what they did on the table, not what they could do, and what they maybe could do.

Deleted
    so they are far behind old broxx, sorry to break your glass, we are putting what they did on the table, not what they could do, and what they maybe could do.
    Has Brox ever killed the third most powerful Demon, twice, both in under 5 seconds? No, see how silly this is?

Brox took on an 'army of Demons', that doesn't exactly explain much. It could have been a 1000 imps for all we know. Killing a 1000 imps is not impressive. Also he was not alone, he was also supported by Dragons, their aspects, an Archmage and the entire Kal'dorie resistance.
    Last edited by mmocd2f4dc063e; 2018-01-15 at 08:24 PM.

Broxigar's fart would wipe your list clean. Sorry.

7+ Year Old Account
    Has Brox ever killed the third most powerful Demon, twice? No, see how silly this is?
    the only thing silly is your arguments.

Brox took on an 'army of Demons', that doesn't exactly explain much. It could have been a 1000 imps for all we know. Killing a 1000 imps is not impressive.
    Army of demons who can create a mountain is impressive, even for imps, yet it was not imps, it was all kind of demons ranks.

Shrine of the Great Warrior:
    Long after the emerald flame took our home, the Legion took to open a gate to a new world. Never had they lusted for any conquest as much as this lush, primitive land.

Just as their armies set forth, a green-skinned warrior stepped through the gate. He wielded a single blade--and roared a single cry for battle.

Mountains of flesh and bone grew as he carved through the demons' ranks. His defiance drew the attention of the Dark One--who came to see his end.

The warrior struck but one blow before he fell, but it was never forgotten.
    If you think this is not impressive, and Varian was a better warrior than Broxx you are clinical insane or over biased

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    If Brox was anything more than a plank of wood, and a plot device for the shitty Rhonin's time traveling adventures books, I'd say I'd actually rank him high, being a walking plot device isn't really a showing of skill.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    the only thing silly is your arguments.

Army of demons who can create a mountain is impressive, even for imps, yet it was not imps, it was all kind of demons ranks.

Shrine of the Great Warrior:

If you think this is not impressive, and Varian was a better warrior than Broxx you are clinical insane or over biased
    I think your taking 'mountains' a little TOO literally. Also call me when it's directly stated how many and what he fought, because no, killing thousands of Imps is not impressive, any warrior on the list could do that blindfolded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I think your taking 'mountains' a little TOO literally. Also call me when it's directly stated how many and what he fought, because no, killing thousands of Imps is not impressive, any warrior on the list could do that blindfolded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    If Brox was anything more than a plank of wood, and a plot device for the shitty Rhonin's time traveling adventures books, I'd say I'd actually rank him high, being a walking plot device isn't really a showing of skill.
    He killed enough demons to get Sargeras' attention and cause the Lord of Legion to both notice him and decide to end him up close and personally. I don't think slaying 1,000 Imps would impress Sargeras overly either, just like it wouldn't impress anyone else in this thread. And while Broxigar is often ridiculed for being a Knaak creation, or a walking "plot device," I think you still need to give some credit where credit is due in this particular example. Enchanted/Artifact weapon or no, getting the attention of Sargeras and making him arrive in an avatar to personally kill you is going out in a tried and true blaze of glory. I personally rank Toravaan's display above Broxigar's on the level of pure cheek and by dint of using a more or less "normal" weapon, but it's still very impressive on Broxigar's part.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    My warrior > every other irrelevant warrior in lore

7+ Year Old Account
    I think your taking 'mountains' a little TOO literally.
    im not the one talking about mountains, is over there on the lore, it is to mean literally

he proceeded to slaughter multitudes of demons, blocking their advance towards the portal, slaying so many that he ended up standing atop a mountain of their corpses
    Also call me when it's directly stated how many and what he fought
    he killed many enough to build a mountain from corpses, you don't need to be a genius to se it was too much

just call me when someone has done it something like this, then you could put him on a better rank than Broxx

Brox is not a character, so why are we voting for him?

Deleted
    Broxigar Saurfang is the only one that matters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Brox is not a character, so why are we voting for him?
    Not a character? His story is told in the "War of the Ancients" trilogy of novels and he appears in-game during a flashback sequence at Black Rook Hold in Legion:

The Krokul on Argus also eulogized his final stand against Sargeras, which apparently had previously unknown spectators:

Last edited by Aucald; 2018-01-15 at 11:11 PM.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Ugh here I go on a little rant again. Broxigar is not the pinnacle of warriors, his axe made him a plot device.
    I mean close to every single warrior of note had some sort of magical advantage, be they some sort of blessing, magic weapon or other kinds of empowerment, or just being from a race of fuckhuge green dudes or cow men. It's kind hard to dismiss anyone on the sole basis that they use magic equipment. Plus the axe didn't swing itself.

Personally, based on actually seen achievements and feats of arms, it's hard to discount Brox and Grommash as among the very top. Varian is also high up there, but Garrosh was starting to match him and IIRC Grom was said to be better than him. Cairne is hard to pin down, we know he was better than Cata!Garrosh but he didn't do much more than the duel in terms of actual fighting on screen.

Without the aid of weapons like blademaster's weapons clearly taurens>orcs>all others
    So something like cairne> grom > orgrim
    Arguably things like undeads and mogus could compete, but they are pretty magical per se

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Not a character? His story is told in the "War of the Ancients" trilogy of novels and he appears in-game during a flashback sequence at Black Rook Hold in Legion:

The Krokul on Argus also eulogized his final stand against Sargeras, which apparently had previously unknown spectators:

Always bet on blizzard confirming something is canon when it shouldnt be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Always bet on blizzard confirming something is canon when it shouldnt be.
    In blizzard eyes, brox achieved nirvana by fully purifying himself from any character traits. He ascended to plot-devicedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I mean close to every single warrior of note had some sort of magical advantage, be they some sort of blessing, magic weapon or other kinds of empowerment, or just being from a race of fuckhuge green dudes or cow men. It's kind hard to dismiss anyone on the sole basis that they use magic equipment. Plus the axe didn't swing itself.
    And then there's Lothar.