Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    The one thing I can say in its favor is that men are often told to "suck it up" or "man up". They're not allowed to have feelings or to express them. That's the shit that leads to something like this.
    There’s no reason you can’t suck it up or man up while also dealing with your problems.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Exactly. If it was a disease you would have it at birth, not just when things start to go wrong.
    That’s not how diseases work.

Deleted
    Depression is a made up illness to make people who don't want to take responsibility for their bad choices or bad luck. Ever wonder why you never see people who are millionaires, and have a family that isnt torn apart diagnosed with depression? Its just like alcoholism, call it a disease and then people can use it as an excuse (and easily faked by anyone) and can get disability benefits for it
    Are you fucking serious? Well of course you are, you're fucking Orlong. You've never heard of depressed successfull people? Are you really this fucking retarded? Seriously? Do you have eyes and ears that work?
    I've lost count of all the successfull people who've killed themselves, fallen into addictions and so on. One example is Robin Williams. That guy was successful as fuck and he still killed himself.
    Who the fuck are you to judge these people? WHat the fuck do you actually know about it? If you haven't lived it then you've no experience and you've got fucking nothing to do judging people about it.

I'm so fucking sick of your shit I'm gonna fucking take this hit just so I can tell you what a fucking garbage human being you are. I hope all kinds of shit happens to you. I hope life hits you like a fucking freight train so you can learn some fucking humility and compassion you stinking shitbag.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. If it was a disease you would have it at birth, not just when things start to go wrong.
    How can you be this fuckign retarded? You think people are born with every disease they get? Shit happens in peoples lives, shit that fucking breaks them. Are you calling people with PTSD fakers too because they weren't fucking BORN with it?

God damn how the fuck does someone as fucking dumb as you even put pants on in the morning...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    There’s no reason you can’t suck it up or man up while also dealing with your problems.

- - - Updated - - -

That’s not how diseases work.
    You can't man up about shit if you're deep in a fucking depression. "Manning up" is for normal people who've no fucking concept of what it's like to have actual mental illnesses. It's the idiots way of trying to seem like they know, when they really know nothing what so fucking ever.
    "Manning up" is what leads to shit like drug or alcohol abuse. It's what leads to broken people. Violent people. Dead people.

infracted - minor flaming
    Last edited by Crissi; 2018-01-15 at 08:39 PM.

Depression is a made up illness to make people who don't want to take responsibility for their bad choices or bad luck. Ever wonder why you never see people who are millionaires, and have a family that isnt torn apart diagnosed with depression? Its just like alcoholism, call it a disease and then people can use it as an excuse (and easily faked by anyone) and can get disability benefits for it
    you're clueless as fuck.

-Written diarrhea-

Go fall down a flight of stairs.

infracted - minor flaming
    Last edited by Crissi; 2018-01-15 at 08:40 PM.

I wouldn't be surprised if depression is inherited so yes the parents might be depressed too.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Are you fucking serious? Well of course you are, you're fucking Orlong. You've never heard of depressed successfull people? Are you really this fucking retarded? Seriously? Do you have eyes and ears that work?
    I've lost count of all the successfull people who've killed themselves, fallen into addictions and so on. One example is Robin Williams. That guy was successful as fuck and he still killed himself.
    Who the fuck are you to judge these people? WHat the fuck do you actually know about it? If you haven't lived it then you've no experience and you've got fucking nothing to do judging people about it.

I'm so fucking sick of your shit I'm gonna fucking take this hit just so I can tell you what a fucking garbage human being you are. I hope all kinds of shit happens to you. I hope life hits you like a fucking freight train so you can learn some fucking humility and compassion you stinking shitbag.

- - - Updated - - -

How can you be this fuckign retarded? You think people are born with every disease they get? Shit happens in peoples lives, shit that fucking breaks them. Are you calling people with PTSD fakers too because they weren't fucking BORN with it?

God damn how the fuck does someone as fucking dumb as you even put pants on in the morning...

- - - Updated - - -

You can't man up about shit if you're deep in a fucking depression. "Manning up" is for normal people who've no fucking concept of what it's like to have actual mental illnesses. It's the idiots way of trying to seem like they know, when they really know nothing what so fucking ever.
    "Manning up" is what leads to shit like drug or alcohol abuse. It's what leads to broken people. Violent people. Dead people.
    I can’t say I see “manning up” the same way. To me manning up is dealing with your problems geting what ever help you need not just pushing it out there but doing nothing about it. I also wouldn’t think turning to drugs or drinks is manning up. In my view manning up is finding ways to deal with your problems without using such things and without bring thoses around you down if you don’t have to. If you need help from thoses around you i wouldn’t say it’s manning up to not get it or try to but if you can deal with your problems without being them down you should do so.

Deleted
    I don't think Orlong is real tbf

Quote Originally Posted by Shiro Tagachi View Post
    Depression is often adopted as an excuse for lazy anti-social people who want attention and pity because working yourself out is haaaaaaaaard. People with real problems are too busy trying to solve them than to cry on online boards about it.
    snip
    like robin williams and chester bennington right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I don't think Orlong is real tbf
    Anyone who plays the part of the blind contrarian is never real. There's quite a few on this forum.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    like robin williams and chester bennington right?
    I don't remember Robin Williams making pity shows on online forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiro Tagachi View Post
    I don't remember Robin Williams making pity shows on online forums.
    ahh i see you're saying some of these people are just attention seekers not depressed. well that is hard for us to judge someone behind a screen and actually know/understand what they are going through a few forum posts won't really prove anything.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    No, it is that we found out that depression was an actual medical condition. It is for example theorized that a lot of the alcoholism in the past, was acting on depression (and there was a lot of alcoholism in the past).
    Just like how PTSD and its effects on people is quite new

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Just like how PTSD and its effects on people is quite new
    Well historically, PTSD (at least the war kind) was noted as far back as ancient Greece, where they were aware of soldiers that had participated in wars had a tendency to erratic behaviour under certain conditions. Same goes for the Roman Empire, where it was again noted that often times long serving soldiers that had partaken in battles had erratic behaviour, same went for slaves that had been gathered in prolonged skirmishes.
    Lastly after the first world war, the term shell shock began to appear quite often, and was really the start of true scientific experimentation and observation of what war really did to people. And after the second world war, PTSD began to become a noted condition off soldiers that had partaken in particularly harsh battles.

In more general terms PTSD was for a long time an actual condition, it just wasn't classified under PTSD. It was acutely known that people that had experienced horrific actions, high stress situations etc., were prone to again erratic behaviour, self destructive behaviour and were capable of being triggered into said behaviour by certain things.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well historically, PTSD (at least the war kind) was noted as far back as ancient Greece, where they were aware of soldiers that had participated in wars had a tendency to erratic behaviour under certain conditions. Same goes for the Roman Empire, where it was again noted that often times long serving soldiers that had partaken in battles had erratic behaviour, same went for slaves that had been gathered in prolonged skirmishes.
    Lastly after the first world war, the term shell shock began to appear quite often, and was really the start of true scientific experimentation and observation of what war really did to people. And after the second world war, PTSD began to become a noted condition off soldiers that had partaken in particularly harsh battles.

In more general terms PTSD was for a long time an actual condition, it just wasn't classified under PTSD. It was acutely known that people that had experienced horrific actions, high stress situations etc., were prone to again erratic behaviour, self destructive behaviour and were capable of being triggered into said behaviour by certain things.
    Interesting, makes sense people would have noticed it earlier just unsure what it was exactly

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Interesting, makes sense people would have noticed it earlier just unsure what it was exactly
    Well for many a cases most mental issue were often written down to being either a punishment of some divine being or being inhabited by a demonic being; a good example is many a scriptures of tragic heroic epics of soldiers could easily be interpreted as mental issues brought on by partaking in war, portrayed in a manner of a curse or trial by a god, but that of course is only speculative (and most epics are BS).

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    imo the one most in guilt is easier acces to information then ever before - 50 years ago poor people had literaly no idea how rich rich people were - they had a glimpse but no real idea

now children are tought for +/- 12 years in school that they can be anyone they want to be - and then when they finish high school reality hits them like a bull - most of people will never ever achieve "succes" in life - most of people will live boring shitty live from one paycheck to another , they will be spending 40-60 hours weekly in boring mundane jobs till retirement and when they wil retire nothign awaits them

50 years ago life was very different and people didnt realise how shitty their lives really were - now they know it already when they are in their 20ties - and some simply cant deal with truth . they wont become pop stars, they wont become CEOs , they wont become masterchefs , they wont become next bill gates , many of them will work boring retail jobs , many will be factory workers doing mundane brainless stuff for years

some will succed , but then reality hits again - most of those who will succed wont be poor kids of poor parents - only rich kids of succesfull parents from previous generations - i see it very well in my generation when i visit my parents back in small town i was raised in - the only ones who succeded were those who :

a) escaped to big cities/abroad( to more wealthy countries )
    b) kids of parents who were either lawyers/MDs or who owned a buisness already 20 years ago and now their kids work in their parents shops/companies
    (and in this case money do literal wonders - i have example of 1 kids who had 2 parents who were MDs , kids wasnt learning in school at all , he was often cought vandalizing by police , repeating grade multiple times - and guess what - 15 years later he lives in another city and is .... MD working in the same hospital as his father - guess what bribes and private University can do for any brainless moron (whos "crew" he hanged on sits in jail ) while people who had semi decent grades and were actually learning work for minimum wage ) - life is not fair thats what depressing for people

rest lead boring rather poor life and will never ever achieve much - and its hitting them realy hard i can see when i talk to them via fb .

reality is very harsh for majority of people
    That's very well thought...and i do think it's actually true.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well for many a cases most mental issue were often written down to being either a punishment of some divine being or being inhabited by a demonic being; a good example is many a scriptures of tragic heroic epics of soldiers could easily be interpreted as mental issues brought on by partaking in war, portrayed in a manner of a curse or trial by a god, but that of course is only speculative (and most epics are BS).
    Oh yeah totally. "Hearing voices of demons" and being punished by the gods is a big one, particularly among certain religious groups

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    Depressed parents can equal depressed kids, it is almost like being around depressed people drags you down.

This is the most obvious and frivolous study I have ever seen posted on this site.

The people who conducted this study should feel bad.
    Sorry that science is catching up and confirming your wivestales. What hard scientific evidence did you have before this study that depressed parents made their children depressed?

Oh right, it was all anecdotal hence wivestale.

- - - Updated - - -

Your troll is showing again hun.

But I'll bite. Are you mad at them because they aren't fiscally responsible and can't offer anything to society? Are you lost knowing that so few follow the rhetoric of Republican Town?

And shit, all a soldier has to do is bullshit his way through a war to get recognized as a hero. The idea that people get shit they don't deserve is well established in pretty much every faucet of Republican life: It's what even funds the mindset of conservatism that you seem so happy to spew.

Oh but that soldier earned it, I'm sure. Just like every CEO, business man and professional football player 'earned' things.
    Last edited by Blamblam41; 2018-01-15 at 10:27 PM.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

What is with the sexist misandrist title of this post? It says if either parent are depressed it can be passed on to kids.

Afk proving that the wind blows sometimes.