Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    I'm going to dont worry :P
    Then why would you want to reshape retail into what you want? This, I don't get.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    we weren't even nobodies in vanilla. you're literally asking to go back to like less than level 30 in vanilla.

it's stupid. being a nobody in wow would be stupid. i like my power and authority, i just wish i could get to enact that power over people. like with fucking nathanos, he's a cunt to me every time we speak, and i should be able to make him fear for his life for a moment as punishment.
    okay, I dont mean to go into a semantic argument into what "nobody" is.

up until wrath of the lich king we werent really recognized as anything other than nameless soldiers/adventurers

that's what I mean.

All I want is that my character not be the most important person in the whole universe, that leads every army, and is basically god.

because it destroys my immersion, because all x million people that play cant also be that person.
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2018-01-15 at 09:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    wouldn't it be nice?

an expansion where we're not the baddest most awesome champion general leader of armies, leader of the entire class etc.

just again some random adventurer, that has to slowly earn respect.

obviously we'd need some arbitrary plot device to cause this but still.

It might be impossible after 13 years of lore, But I'm kinda bored with how overpowered our characters are.
    The only way this can actually happen is with a reset, AKA WoW2
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    okay, I dont mean to go into a semantic argument into what "nobody" is.

up until wrath of the lich king we werent really recognized as anything other than nameless soldiers/adventurers
    Even in TBC we were more than just nameless soldiers/adventurers. We were Azeroth's Best coming through the Dark Portal to help bring down Illidan and Vashj after being chosen by the Naaru.

Deleted
    imo theres a sweetspot between a nobody and a demigod, a hero.

Honestly, I don't feel like until Legion we were really all that big and bad ass. We got there in Cata, but never really got serious recognition in MoP. In WoD I never felt like the actual leader, but just another general with my own garrison. In Legion I feel more like an emissary of my faction that got to be the leader of the class hall and the hero that wields the power. That really feels more like a Legion thing to me.

Even in Cata we helped Thrall and the Apsects, they really did the major killing. MoP was mostly us in a cluster to take down Garrosh and the Old god influence. WoD again I just felt like I was finally getting some recognition and being a respected explorer general (ala Admiral Taylor). Legion feels really like the only time from start to finish I was super important and the guy doing things, not just assisting Khadgar, Thrall, or whoever.

I'm fine with a smaller role, as it doesn't make that much sense for our characters to all the sudden be super faction oriented since we were the lynch pin in getting the factions together through class halls in legion. Our characters feel a little neutral now to be honest. I'm intrigued to see how they convince me to start killing people I just helped and helped me.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Isn't that what BfA is doing? I am getting an impression that we are being knocked down to MoP levels of importance this expansion.
    Pretty much, although it's still far from being nobodies. To our respective factions, we're still the same heroes that did the things in MoP, WoD, Mists, ect. meaning we are still big important characters. To the people living in the two new continents however... They may understand that we're important, but either not heard the stories or just believe them to be fiction. The former being what we were in Mists. Those in Pandaria knew we were important because of how those we were with treated us, and that was basically it.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    It's like the dragon ball series. You just can't expect goku to save the universe a tenth time and be a nobody. It just makes no sense.
    No, that is basically it. Despite having saved the world multiple times no one believes it and he lives as a farmer because they all are fine with Mr. Satan keeping the glory.

wouldn't it be nice?

an expansion where we're not the baddest most awesome champion general leader of armies, leader of the entire class etc.

It might be impossible after 13 years of lore, But I'm kinda bored with how overpowered our characters are.
    So basically we need an invading army to pull down one of Azeroth's moons as we make a valiant last attempt to stop it near the impact point. Except as the moon comes down, it breaks apart revealing itself to have been a prison containing the real Deathwing! So Khadgar sacrifices himself to send us forward in time while recontaining the real Deathwing with a spell that causes everyone to forget what we look like, only remembering us as-wait. wrong game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Honestly, I don't feel like until Legion we were really all that big and bad ass. We got there in Cata, but never really got serious recognition in MoP. In WoD I never felt like the actual leader, but just another general with my own garrison. In Legion I feel more like an emissary of my faction that got to be the leader of the class hall and the hero that wields the power. That really feels more like a Legion thing to me.

Even in Cata we helped Thrall and the Apsects, they really did the major killing. MoP was mostly us in a cluster to take down Garrosh and the Old god influence. WoD again I just felt like I was finally getting some recognition and being a respected explorer general (ala Admiral Taylor). Legion feels really like the only time from start to finish I was super important and the guy doing things, not just assisting Khadgar, Thrall, or whoever.

I'm fine with a smaller role, as it doesn't make that much sense for our characters to all the sudden be super faction oriented since we were the lynch pin in getting the factions together through class halls in legion. Our characters feel a little neutral now to be honest. I'm intrigued to see how they convince me to start killing people I just helped and helped me.
    WoD was literally all about us being the general and leader of the draenor expedition, the whole "with his own garrison" and not "the only garrisoN" thing wouldve worked if not everyone had the exact same garrsion in the exact same place.

Would have to just do a timeskip. People have short memorys and information isn't at anyones fingertips in Warcraft. 10 years and nobody will even remember your face just like IRL.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    The best way to push all the players of their pegs, is by making a Goblin expansion. Ain't no one anyone until you can prove it to the cartels.
    At the chance that you might be joking I could actually get behind that plot, would be quite hilarious being treated like a lowly mook by the cartel trade princes because they don't give a damn about our previous achievements :P

Yes please.

It would make the story development so much better. For example now in BFA i as the leader of my Class and one of the greatest leaders of my faction would simply refuse to join a futile war...especially since i know exactly what happened in all those "misunderstanding situations".

This makes no sense.

Also, who are those other people i team up with? There are only 36 artefact weapons. What are all those other idiots wielding? Replicas? Is is really necessary in an MMORPG to tell a story where you have to either ignore the RPG OR the story whenever other players are around you?

MMORGPs make the most sense when the player is a nameless figure in the shadows behind the important NPCs. I absolutely hate that Blizzard has abandoned this simple truth to tell some "engaging solo story" to totally shit all over the game lore.

You do not have to be "The Champion" to be told an engaging story.

Except that in every incarnation of wow the player(s) are special above the common folk.The only moment you are in some shape or form the "nobody" is when you start the game, but the starting experience already puts you on a higher ground them the commom folk

The human who defeat the Defias leader in Northshire, the Night elf so alone solved the problems in Aldrassil and so on.The result is that right know we are respected for everything we as the player did or lorewise did.

But the best part is...it doesn't make a difference.

Im still collecting resources, im still taking out the trash, collecting bear asses, rescuing soldiers, collecting food, minerals, spying, placing bombs, making arrows, collecting the reagents for some Npc.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    It's like the dragon ball series. You just can't expect goku to save the universe a tenth time and be a nobody. It just makes no sense.
    but they do exactly this in Dragon Ball Super. To the world, it was Mr Satan who saved Earth from Buu. He gives Goku a million zeni as thanks that Chi Chi promptly spends on Goten’s education and Goku goes back to being a nobody farmer for a while.

As for WOW, I agree that BfA will see us going back to a smaller role, and it isn’t beyond possibility to do some time-twisting to make others forget us again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    At the chance that you might be joking I could actually get behind that plot, would be quite hilarious being treated like a lowly mook by the cartel trade princes because they don't give a damn about our previous achievements :P
    I wasn't joking. If we were to see an expansion where Undermine or just generally bigger cartels come, you'll most likely just be the nolife thug. Worth less than dirt, doesn't matter what rumours are about you from others, ya need more points in the book for the cartel to care.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Tbh I think this expansion would have been the best to do something like this. Could easily put in that some how we had to use all our strength/power to defeat Serg and as a result we ended up in a coma, time jump 3-5 years, we wake up and everyone but a few people have forgotten about us. Then we go off to a new land (Kul'Tiras for example) where no-one knows who we are anyway.

Obviously would need a lot more nuance than that but it could be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    but they do exactly this in Dragon Ball Super. To the world, it was Mr Satan who saved Earth from Buu. He gives Goku a million zeni as thanks that Chi Chi promptly spends on Goten’s education and Goku goes back to being a nobody farmer for a while.

As for WOW, I agree that BfA will see us going back to a smaller role, and it isn’t beyond possibility to do some time-twisting to make others forget us again.
    The comparison there is kind of moot though. Goku doesn't care one bit about being recognized for it and has essentially stayed out of the spotlight his entire life. It wasn't like world leaders were acknowledging his achievements at any point.

In WoW we have directly been working alongside the most powerful political figures. It would be like people in the Marvel universe somehow forgetting Captain America is a thing.

wouldn't it be nice?

You realize the opening Quest Line of Burning Crusade places importance on your character as being a cut above the average adventurer, and continues throughout other quest lines?

Wrath also constantly acknowledges you as being a seasoned hero.

If you did end game in Vanilla, quest turn ins for defeating raid bosses regaled you as a hero as well, sometimes with the entire city of SW/Org acknowledging it.

The only change has been how the story has been presented. Instead of in quest text and scripted events, we have cutscenes and NPCs who talk to you. You were never "just a random adventuerer nobody!" beyond level 40, at any point in the game.

actually i'd love to be someone humbler again (not a zero, not someone so 'green' that farmers and townsfolk will question your ability to deal with wolves and gnolls ofc, just not the savior/legend/leader role we're currently forced into)

my hope was that the next expansion would evolve in a distant continent (like Kul Tiras) and this time we'd get there to investigate the influence of old gods/the void rather than save the world from invasions, it would be a more personal journey without our factions providing armies and such

none would know us, none would care if we were heroes in some distant land and we'd be weakened with our artifacts lost, we'd have to once again reinvent our prowess to compensate for our loss

unfortunately the all out faction war means that factions will be too involved in the story and obviously they cannot just forget what we've done for them

maybe there could be story options, sort of like swtor but not quite, where we choose whether or not we want to be a random adventurer or the top dog.

you can still raid as an adventurer if you're under the command of a top dog.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

I'd like that, maybe an alternate universe xpac again, but in a REALLY alternate universe, lul.