Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Time Magazine Cover - 1/22/2018

From the illustrator:

We used to live where the United States was a pretty steady country, and now you wake up every day and try to figure out where’s the next fire, where do we have to go, what do we have to try to contain,” the Cuban-born Rodriguez tells Time magazine. “It’s sort of this president that you’re always trying to contain, like a wildfire that’s moving from one place to the other at all times.
    How bad will it get this year before it turns around?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post

From the illustrator:

How bad will it get this year before it turns around?
    I imagine the typical responses will be something along t he lines of "liberal hysteria" or similar, when we saw some pretty interesting hysterics about how Obummer was gonna take everyone's guns and put people in FEMA camps.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Why is Goku wearing a suit?

The really pathetic irony is that Dumbass Donnie Twit-twit is probably going to rage-tweet about TIME magazine, making up a whole new slew of shit - which is going to become yet another one of the very fires the illustrator is talking about. >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    He is trying to get Gohan a scholarship at a private school. Kaio-sama will soon ask him to come over and investigate Broly destroying south galaxy, just wait
    I've been stuck in the Buu saga since about 2000. My parents stopped paying for cable and I lost Cartoon Network. Waiting will not be a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shouldn't the fake-news prizes be awarded today?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Shouldn't the fake-news prizes be awarded today?
    Please tell me that isn't a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, there are no fake news awards on monday just a joke

they are on wednesday

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...03659337134080

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/...03659337134080

This Wednesday, apparently. I eagerly await them and the possibility that he recruited White House staff to "help" him with it, which would likely be a violation of ethics rules. Not that this administration seems to give a damn about ethics rules to begin with.

I have a better one from German Magazine Der Spiegel:

Makes a great Avatar!
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Why is Goku wearing a suit?
    because presstitute butthurt is OVER 9000!!!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/...03659337134080

This Wednesday, apparently. I eagerly await them and the possibility that he recruited White House staff to "help" him with it, which would likely be a violation of ethics rules. Not that this administration seems to give a damn about ethics rules to begin with.
    That . . . that's insane. He isn't really going to do that, is he?

That . . . that's insane. He isn't really going to do that, is he?
    Of course he will. He's not bound by those same ethics rules and this kind of nonsensical bullshit is red meat for his base, who will applaud and cheer at any attacks on the press. He'll get his positive feedback loop Thursday morning when he's watching Fox and Friends felate his ego-penis and will then tweet about how amazing the reception to the awards has been, per usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It won't get better any time soon. We may have another 3-7 years of this shit.
    If we have more than 3, Then the Dems are some apathetic poo poo heads or they secretly love the drama. 2020 will be like 2008, you'll see historic level of voting

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    What's stopping him?
    Jesus fucking christ - I really hope he isn't doing this. I mean, nothing is stopping him. Maybe Mattis will just come over and hit him on the head.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course he will. He's not bound by those same ethics rules and this kind of nonsensical bullshit is red meat for his base, who will applaud and cheer at any attacks on the press. He'll get his positive feedback loop Thursday morning when he's watching Fox and Friends felate his ego-penis and will then tweet about how amazing the reception to the awards has been, per usual.
    Is it just me, or is this somehow worse than everything else?

Is it just me, or is this somehow worse than everything else?
    Think it may just be you, this isn't even his most egregious attacks on the free press over the past few years.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Think it may just be you, this isn't even his most egregious attacks on the free press over the past few years.
    I agree with you - certainly not even close. It's just . . . him actually holding an awards ceremony just seems worse somehow. Not sure why though.

I agree with you - certainly not even close. It's just . . . him actually holding an awards ceremony just seems worse somehow. Not sure why though.
    "Awards ceremony". It will probably just be a series of tweets in the early evening as he ends work early as per usual.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I honestly wonder how that level of the government interfering in public media can even be legal.
    Flake got it right calling Trump equal to Stalin. Next stop? Hitler.

- - - Updated - - -

"Awards ceremony". It will probably just be a series of tweets in the early evening as he ends work early as per usual.
    True - but still. This is bothering me much more than it should.

True - but still. This is bothering me much more than it should.
    I mean, everyone should be bothered by this. I know many of us are getting a bit used to/"numb" to this kind of stuff, but it should never be something that doesn't bother us. Having the head of state attack the free press on a regular basis in the US is terrifying, and should be treated with the seriousness that it is - it's an attack on core rights enshrined in our constitution and one of the first steps in any petty authoritarians playbook.

The fact that you're not as numb as some of us have become (I've become numb to some of it, even if I still try to keep perspective on the seriousness of this kind of behavior) is good. This should deeply trouble all Americans who claim to love America, the Constitution, and what this country and that document stand for.