Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    So what? Women lie about domestic abuse but we still believe them?

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Dream View Post
    you are surprised?? they lie all the time about it!!
    Who is they?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Who is they?
    Kids, kids always lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    Liberals make up something for their agenda to blame on the right?

LUDICROUS!

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Classic comments here
    Not nearly as entertaining as I was hoping to be honest.
    Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. -Thomas Jefferson

I called it in the last thread, and people like @Minikin tried to claim is was wrong. These almost always turn out to be hoaxes. Here is another source additional to what the OP provided proving she lied about the attack. These false reports need to be treated as crimes. She belongs in a juvenile prison until she is 18 and her parents belong in prison for 25-life. https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/canada...lice-1.3759910
    Cooler Master H500P Mesh | i7 8700K@5GHz | CLC 280 | Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR4@3000MHz | EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 | Samsung EVO 960 500GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | WD Black 3TB | AOC G2460PF 144Hz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    I called it in the last thread, and people like @Minikin tried to claim is was wrong. These almost always turn out to be hoaxes. Here is another source additional to what the OP provided proving she lied about the attack. These false reports need to be treated as crimes. She belongs in a juvenile prison until she is 18 and her parents belong in prison for 25-life. https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/canada...lice-1.3759910
    because people like minikin believe in the "innocent until proven guilty". its not because i hold anything against you, thats just my belief. we just know the family through connections.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    I cant stand false reports. That shit gets people hurt and locked up for no reason. Worse, it makes it harder for actual victims to get their stories out.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    because people like minikin believe in the "innocent until proven guilty". its not because i hold anything against you, thats just my belief. we just know the family through connections.
    If you believed in "innocent until proven guilty" you would have sided with the accused, not the accuser. You also tried to claim that you knew it was real because you lived in the area, never once stating that your previous opinion was based on always believing an accuser is telling the truth. Which is exactly opposite from how an actual criminal justice system works. Burden of proof is always on the accuser, not the accused.

The fact that 9 out of every 10 of these types of reports turns out to be a hoax is all the proof we need that "innocent until proven guilty" must always be applied to the accused. Because in these cases the accuses are almost always innocent. Just like the #MeToo movement expanding to include regret instead of actual rape or assault.
    Cooler Master H500P Mesh | i7 8700K@5GHz | CLC 280 | Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR4@3000MHz | EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 | Samsung EVO 960 500GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | WD Black 3TB | AOC G2460PF 144Hz

10+ Year Old Account
    If you believed in "innocent until proven guilty" you would have sided with the accused, not the accuser. You also tried to claim that you knew it was real because you lived in the area, never once stating that your previous opinion was based on always believing an accuser is telling the truth. Which is exactly opposite from how an actual criminal justice system works. Burden of proof is always on the accuser, not the accused.

The fact that 9 out of every 10 of these types of reports turns out to be a hoax is all the proof we need that "innocent until proven guilty" must always be applied to the accused. Because in these cases the accuses are almost always innocent. Just like the #MeToo movement expanding to include regret instead of actual rape or assault.
    youll notice that the edit i made to my post, where i disagreed with you, alluding to the "pending investigation" was done prior to this update of it being a lie. that thread very quickly devolved from the actual topic to something else.

there is not much else to say on this topic.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

So I live in Toronto and so I had a conversation today with my female Muslim coworkers about what they thought about the case. Their guess was, that she was caught coming home from school without wearing her hijab, and out of fear of a beatdown by an angry Muslim father, she made up a lie about how someone cut if off of her. Apparently it's very common for young Muslim girls who just want to fit in at school to take off their hijabs and put them back on before they get back home.

So unlike the Muslim college students in the states who lied about being attacked by Trump supporters, I doubt she intended to create a hate crime hoax that would end up on international news, rather, it was a lie that escalated waaaaay out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    youll notice that the edit i made to my post, where i disagreed with you, alluding to the "pending investigation" was done prior to this update of it being a lie. that thread very quickly devolved from the actual topic to something else.

there is not much else to say on this topic.
    This is your exact quote

"It's not, I live in the area.

Edit: given the investigation so far. With other school children
    "

Nothing in your edit changes what you originally said. You tried to claim authority on the incident because you live in the area. You then make a nonsensical statement of "given the investigation so far. With other school children". And nothing in those two statements would imply you believe in the idea of "innocent until proven guilty". Just the opposite in fact because your statements are in direct support of the accuser, not the accused.

So as long as you keep making blatantly false statements, and as long as you keep trying to lie about those statements you made, I will continue to call you out on them.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    So I live in Toronto and so I had a conversation today with my female Muslim coworkers about what they thought about the case. Their guess was, that she was caught coming home from school without wearing her hijab, and out of fear of a beatdown by an angry Muslim father, she made up a lie about how someone cut if off of her. Apparently it's very common for young Muslim girls who just want to fit in at school to take off their hijabs and put them back on before they get back home.

So unlike the Muslim college students in the states who lied about being attacked by Trump supporters, I doubt she intended to create a hate crime hoax that would end up on international news, rather, it was a lie that escalated waaaaay out of control.
    There is still a big issue with your assumption that you fail to address. The fact that far too many Muslims beat women and children for not wearing the sexist and oppressive hijab. There is nothing in the Quran that requires women wear the hijab. Yet it's constantly held up as a religious issue, which is a complete lie. It was a simble of elitism adopted by Mohammed from other cultures that was eventually turned into a tool to oppress women.

"The Veil in the Quran
    Initially in Prophet Muhammad's life, the veil was not an issue. His wives didn't wear it, nor did he require that other women wear it. As he became more important in his community, and as his wives gained stature, Muhammad began adapting Persian and Byzantine customs. The veil was among those.

The Quran does address veiling explicitly, but only in so far as the Prophet’s wives were concerned. The wives were to be "covered," that is, unseen, when in company of other people. Significantly, the Quran's requirement did not mention a veil as it’s understood in the West—as a face covering—but a hijab, in the sense of a "curtain," or a separation of sorts. Here is the relevant passage in the Quran, best known as the "Verses of the Curtain":

Believers, do not enter the houses of the Prophet for a meal without waiting for the proper time, unless you are given leave. But if you are invited, enter; and when you have eaten, disperse. Do not engage in familiar talk, for this would annoy the Prophet and he would be ashamed to bid you go; but of the truth God is not ashamed. If you ask his wives for anything, speak to them from behind a curtain. This is more chaste for your hearts and their hearts. (Sura 33:53, N.J. Dawood translation).

What Led Muhammad to Require Some Covering
    The historical context of that passage in the Quran is instructive. Muhammad's wives had been insulted on some occasions by members of the community, leading Muhammad to see some form of segregation for his wives as a protective measure.

One of Muhammad's closest companions, Omar, famously chauvinistic, pressured Muhammad to limit women's roles in his life and to segregate them. The Verses of the Curtain may have been a response to Omar’s pressure. But the event closest connected to the Quran's Verses of the Curtains was Muhammad's wedding to one of his wives, Zaynab, when guests wouldn't leave and acted improperly. Shortly after that wedding, Muhammad produced the "revelation" of the curtain.

Regarding manners of dress, and other than that passage, the Quran requires only that women and men dress modestly. Beyond that, it never requires face or full-body coverings of any form for men or women.
    "
    Source: https://www.thoughtco.com/quran-requ...r-veil-2353510

Also, the motivation behind the hoax does not change the fact that it was a hoax and that these hoaxes need to be punished harshly. If she lied to avoid a beating by her father, then she's a victim too. But either way any hoax like this needs to result in hard prison time.

This is your exact quote

"

Nothing in your edit changes what you originally said. You tried to claim authority on the incident because you live in the area. You then make a nonsensical statement of "given the investigation so far. With other school children". And nothing in those two statements would imply you believe in the idea of "innocent until proven guilty". Just the opposite in fact because your statements are in direct support of the accuser, not the accused.

So as long as you keep making blatantly false statements, and as long as you keep trying to lie about those statements you made, I will continue to call you out on them.

There is still a big issue with your assumption that you fail to address. The fact that far too many Muslims beat women and children for not wearing the sexist and oppressive hijab. There is nothing in the Quran that requires women wear the hijab. Yet it's constantly held up as a religious issue, which is a complete lie. It was a simble of elitism adopted by Mohammed from other cultures that was eventually turned into a tool to oppress women.

"The Veil in the Quran
    Initially in Prophet Muhammad's life, the veil was not an issue. His wives didn't wear it, nor did he require that other women wear it. As he became more important in his community, and as his wives gained stature, Muhammad began adapting Persian and Byzantine customs. The veil was among those.

The Quran does address veiling explicitly, but only in so far as the Prophet’s wives were concerned. The wives were to be "covered," that is, unseen, when in company of other people. Significantly, the Quran's requirement did not mention a veil as it’s understood in the West—as a face covering—but a hijab, in the sense of a "curtain," or a separation of sorts. Here is the relevant passage in the Quran, best known as the "Verses of the Curtain":

Believers, do not enter the houses of the Prophet for a meal without waiting for the proper time, unless you are given leave. But if you are invited, enter; and when you have eaten, disperse. Do not engage in familiar talk, for this would annoy the Prophet and he would be ashamed to bid you go; but of the truth God is not ashamed. If you ask his wives for anything, speak to them from behind a curtain. This is more chaste for your hearts and their hearts. (Sura 33:53, N.J. Dawood translation).

What Led Muhammad to Require Some Covering
    The historical context of that passage in the Quran is instructive. Muhammad's wives had been insulted on some occasions by members of the community, leading Muhammad to see some form of segregation for his wives as a protective measure.

One of Muhammad's closest companions, Omar, famously chauvinistic, pressured Muhammad to limit women's roles in his life and to segregate them. The Verses of the Curtain may have been a response to Omar’s pressure. But the event closest connected to the Quran's Verses of the Curtains was Muhammad's wedding to one of his wives, Zaynab, when guests wouldn't leave and acted improperly. Shortly after that wedding, Muhammad produced the "revelation" of the curtain.

Regarding manners of dress, and other than that passage, the Quran requires only that women and men dress modestly. Beyond that, it never requires face or full-body coverings of any form for men or women.
    "
    Source: https://www.thoughtco.com/quran-requ...r-veil-2353510

Also, the motivation behind the hoax does not change the fact that it was a hoax and that these hoaxes need to be punished harshly. If she lied to avoid a beating by her father, then she's a victim too. But either way any hoax like this needs to result in hard prison time.
    Sure, if the interviews by the police yielded the fact that the girl made the lie because she feared for her physical or even emotional safety, then that is a matter for child protective services to follow up on. Religion or no religion, a girl that doesn't feel safe inside her own home is in a bad situation. Whenever situations like this arise, I prefer to presume Hanlon's Razor - "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." I don't think this was a malicious situation, rather, the girl just made a bunch of dumb moves and didn't step up to honesty when things clearly got out of control. Which is why I don't buy the theories that the family set up the hoax to win sympathy points for Muslims.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Shoplifter View Post
    Hijab Attack, I think I've seen that on Syfy Channel.
    Sounds like a fighting move to me. Next Street Fighter game maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is your exact quote

"

you are welcome to your opinion. like i said, i didnt disagree with you because I have something against you but because I believe something and because of additional info (which of course now has no leg to stand on).

trust me, you are not the only one upset about this, i will give you that you were far prepared while we were not.

edit: from the previous thread experience id recommend not doing the whole religious thing with the other poster if your aim is about hoaxes and focusing on fixing that problem, the thread gets out of control.
    Last edited by Minikin; 2018-01-16 at 01:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Sure, if the interviews by the police yielded the fact that the girl made the lie because she feared for her physical or even emotional safety, then that is a matter for child protective services to follow up on. Religion or no religion, a girl that doesn't feel safe inside her own home is in a bad situation. Whenever situations like this arise, I prefer to presume Hanlon's Razor - "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." I don't think this was a malicious situation, rather, the girl just made a bunch of dumb moves and didn't step up to honesty when things clearly got out of control. Which is why I don't buy the theories that the family set up the hoax to win sympathy points for Muslims.
    Except all past examples of similar stories were designed to do exactly that, drum up sympathy for Muslim "victims" who were not actually victims of anything. While there have been hoaxes that were born from someone trying to cover up their own stupid behavior, like that white guy who shot himself, looking at all the hoax Muslim "victims", every single one so far has been started to either drum up sympathy for them and/or drum up hatred against white people.

This initial lie in this hoax may be an exception to that, that the girl lied to avoid being beaten by her father. But the parents cashing in on that lie, whether they knew it was a lie or not, was all done to create sympathy for them. Someone who is the victim of a crime doesn't run to the media unless they are looking to get something out of it. The media hype that the parents created completely disproves your argument. That's further reinforced by the fact that people like Trudeau, or the NCCM, both of whom made sure to make public statements condemning the nonexistent attack have yet to issue a retraction.

Which is a common occurrence with this types of hoaxes. Even after they're exposed, the leftist who ranted and raged about racist white people either refuse to say a word about it being a hoax or [URL="http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/09/opinions/hoax-hate-crime-and-racism-opinion-ghitis/index.html"]simply double down by saying that the fake attack was still a good thing because it some how exposes a "real" issue. An issue that can't point to any actual examples to support their claim. Par for the course, ultra leftist biased SNOPES refuses to take the police at their word that the attack was a hoax. Because the girl hasn't admitted on camera that she made it up and while there is no video evidence proving it was a hoax, they care more that there is no video evidence made public that proves it wasn't a hoax.

Real shocker. A faked hate crime that got national air-time and air-time in the USA. This never happens

I mean, it's a fairly specific claim for a girl her age to make. I'd like to know why she lied about it before forming an opinion. Whether she was put up to it by someone, trying to cover for not wearing it, or if she just wanted attention. Conjecture isn't really good for much.

I'll direct my full ire at the media until such information is forthcoming. This kind of "journalism" is irresponsible.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Shoplifter View Post
    Hijab Attack, I think I've seen that on Syfy Channel.

Was that Hijab-nado?

Not even surprised. Great way to say your issue isn't even an actual problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.