Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm just amused that so many people are still expecting Blizzard to follow up on their word, as if after a decade 'their word' means fucking anything.

Remember the dance studio that was teased on the WotLK fucking box? Pepperidge Farms remembers. Remember 4.2 Firelands and how it was supposed to be 3 whole raids? Pepperidge Farms definitely remembers that.

Blizzard's story has been a story of over ambition and marketing. Assuming their newest venture will be anything but after the year of Overwatch is fucking absurd and consumers thinking otherwise are just complacent cows unwilling to think critically about their entertainment investments.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Well here is just a thought.

They didn't want to listen to you at first about classic......then they did.

So when do you think they will slowly start listening to the ppl wanting the QOL.......again.......
    Heh they hate blizz for changing Vanilla, putting out expansions and then stop playing. Now they want Blizz to put out the old stuff but not change it. Like they are trusting Blizz again. How many times does the dog need to bite them before they get the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Well here is just a thought.

They didn't want to listen to you at first about classic......then they did.

So when do you think they will slowly start listening to the ppl wanting the QOL.......again.......
    hopefully not till after i clear naxx. thats the one thing i diddnt do in vanilla that i was interested in. only got a few bosses then the guild broke up.

Quote Originally Posted by Xecks View Post
    what patch implementation (1.x or progression or frakenpatch).

and things like colorblind mode and bug fixes.

thats all. theyve said as much in the interviews and most of the blue posts including the one on the eu forums.
    all these qol changes and class balancing issues are really off the table.

just a thought.
    Are they as off the table as vanilla servers? Blizzard said they would never do them.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    That's the point. No one wants to play it that way. That's exactly why people are asking for Classic to have QoL fixes instead of having to play some bullshit make believe Vanilla experience where you can 10 man 40 man raids that is project 60, which is the only alternative as you've pointed out. Next idiotic arguement please.
    Your only argument seems to "This is what I and a few people who still play the game want, so screw anybody else". Where does that leave the large group of people that stop playing the game because it became to dumbed down that want to play the game as it once was?

At the end of the day the people that are asking for what you are, are the exact people that will mess around with it for a month or two then never come back. Where as people that want the original vanilla experience are the people that will play it long term. Thankfully blizzard seem to be smart enough to already know this. Hopefully they will continue with the "authentic vanilla experience" narrative so all this Vanilla 2.0 nonsense can stop.

If you are happy playing Legion, why do you feel it's ok for you to make these demands for a game you probably aren't even going to play that long term, just because you want to "experience a polished Vanilla". The people that quit a long time ago and have been asking for this dont want this,

Quote Originally Posted by chriscadaver View Post
    At the end of the day the people that are asking for what you are, are the exact people that will mess around with it for a month or two then never come back. Where as people that want the original vanilla experience are the people that will play it long term. Thankfully blizzard seem to be smart enough to already know this. Hopefully they will continue with the "authentic vanilla experience" narrative so all this Vanilla 2.0 nonsense can stop.
    Where does this leave all the hybrid players who aren't happy with (a significant portion of) the original vanilla experience? Should we all just play as Pures and leave the Hybrid population as low as it can be? 'It'll even out cuz they have no gear competition lolz'
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2018-01-16 at 01:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Where does this leave all the hybrid players who aren't happy with (a significant portion of) the original vanilla experience? Should we all just play as Pures and leave the Hybrid population as low as it can be because 'it'll even cuz they have no gear competition lolz'?
    Yeah you are right, nobody played hybrid classes in vanilla did they? Oh wait...

Yeah you are right, nobody played hybrid classes in vanilla did they? Oh wait...
    They did, because there was potential for being buffed at some point and time, just like every other class. There's lots of Pallies and lots of Druids not because everyone wanted to play support, but because there was an expectation that we'd be able to DPS and Tank in raids too. That expectation was met with TBC, but it was an entire 2 years of bait-and-switch during Vanilla. That is a part of Vanilla's legacy.

The amount of players who actually play hybrids as main healers exist but is also very low. If you look at the data from static forms of Vanilla patches, you'll see that Druid populations are incredibly low compared to that of any Pures. This is consistent to practically any private server. Without any changes to Classic, what do you propose is going to incentivize people playing as a hybrid (namely Paladin and Druid)? The simple idea that you can bring buffs to the raid? (hah!)
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2018-01-16 at 01:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    sure there are people that want it . i know and understand that. im just saying the only thing theyve asked us to discuss were those things i mentioned.
    You think they give a fuck? I mean for years so many people were crying for the genuine Vanilla experience and literally seconds after classic was officially announced all the sudden everyone was demanding all of these changes that literally changes the experience.

Deleted
    They did, because there was potential for being buffed at some point and time, just like every other class. There's lots of Pallies and lots of Druids not because everyone wanted to play support, but because there was an expectation that we'd be able to DPS and Tank in raids too. That expectation was met with TBC, but it was an entire 2 years of bait-and-switch during Vanilla. That is a part of Vanilla's legacy.

The amount of players who actually play hybrids as main healers exist but is also very low. If you look at the data from static forms of Vanilla patches, you'll see that Druid populations are incredibly low compared to that of any Pures. This is consistent to practically any private server. Without any changes to Classic, what do you propose is going to incentivize people playing as a hybrid (namely Paladin and Druid)? The simple idea that you can bring buffs to the raid? (hah!)
    So, basically what you are saying is you want to play TBC??

And I dont know.. Something crazy like somebody wants to play a Druid because they want too?? Not everything is centred around top tier PVE content, which is what you are talking about in essence. That was the beauty of Vanilla, you could spend two years leveling a character, doing dungeons and eventually getting into Molten core/Onyxia raids and you'd have the time of your life. Not everything is about being the best of the best at the pinnacle of the content.

So, basically what you are saying is you want to play TBC??

And I dont know.. Something crazy like somebody wants to play a Druid because they want too?? Not everything is centred around top tier PVE content, which is what you are talking about in essence. That was the beauty of Vanilla, you could spend two years leveling a character, doing dungeons and eventually getting into Molten core/Onyxia raids and you'd have the time of your life. Not everything is about being the best of the best at the pinnacle of the content.
    That's the thing though. That's the minority. Like I said, it's not like no one is playing a Druid, it's that they're played by a minority. This wasn't the case in Vanilla because there was a much wider spread of players (like me) who expected to fill a DPS or Tank role because that's what the game intended; just not implemented. TBC is when Blizzard actually gave us what the game intended to do from the very beginning. Many people played hybrid classes because 'support' was not an official role and many of us expected to be viable as something else. We know now that hybrids are only viable as support, and from private servers we have data that shows us how few people actually play it.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2018-01-16 at 02:02 AM.

Deleted
    That's the thing though. That's the minority. Like I said, it's not like no one is playing a Druid, it's that they're played by a minority. This wasn't the case in Vanilla because there was a much wider spread of players (like me) who expected to fill a DPS or Tank role because that's what the game intended; just not implemented. TBC is when Blizzard actually gave us what the game intended to do from the very beginning. Many people played hybrid classes because 'support' was not an official role and many of us expected to be viable as something else. We know now that hybrids are only viable as support, and from private servers we have data that shows us how few people actually play it.
    Seriously don't see your point. You're just saying you want to play TBC, which vanilla was not. Asking blizzard to tailor Vanilla to what you think it should be, when you clearly don't actually want to play Vanilla, you want to play a rehashed version of it more akin to TBC, is just crapping all over the parade of the many many people that just want to play Vanilla.
    Why not just stick it out like we have for years and believe that if Blizzard have finally given us Vanilla - if that is a success - you may get what you want, which from the sounds of it is TBC not Vanilla.

Classic is not the chance the developers have to go back and fix things because
    it's 2018 and not 2004-2007. They had their chance to balance classes and chose
    not to do it. Keep it as a snapshot in time, for better or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by surake View Post
    And I do quiet a bit. Doesn’t mean I also can’t enjoy Classic in a way I would prefer. If blizz asks for feedback I’ll give them mine like everyone else will give there’s. Just saying different strokes for different folks.
    The problem is they really arent interested in yours, in particular. You already have a sub. Your money is already secured. The ENTIRE, and I cannot stress this enough, reasoning behind this is to capture a demographic that, despite the obnoxious please contrary to reality, is large enough to sustain their own MMO market using trademark merchandise they already own.

All the "I wish" "QoL" and "Balance this" is purely conjecture and piss in the wind.

So why not try to help people who arent looking to play current WoW enjoy the game Blizzard is specifically bringing back for them instead of burdening their complaints with faux concern? Why not work on putting opinions in about functions that DONT have an effect on gameplay, like visuals, or sound, or map glitches?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcath View Post
    All the "I wish" "QoL" and "Balance this" is purely conjecture and piss in the wind.

So then why does it make you, and others like you so angry that we talk about it?

You afraid they'll listen?

If not, why all the hostile responses?
    Here is something to believe in!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    By this same logic I guess it makes sense for Square Enix to abandon the FFVII remake since there's FXV and you can play it today, since it's literally the same game with QoL improvements. Clearly makes more sense just to re-publish a carbon copy of the 1997 version.
    So you're suggesting & comparing two completely different games and strategies? A REMASTER of FF7 is different than FF15 in all ways possible. The story lines are different. The game play is different. Different combat mechanics. Completely different games. Then you say that because FF15 is already out that they should abandon doing a remake of FF7. Then you go further and say that they should just republish the original version of FF7 instead. There were no QOL improvements between 7 & 15. There were game play changes, graphics changes, and stories were 100% different because they were on completely different gaming systems and were completely different games.

Now lets compare that to WoW and the Classic WoW that Blizzard is doing. Blizzard has already said they will be releasing the game exactly the same as the original game because that's what people asked for. They have said they just don't know what PATCH VERSION of vanilla to release the game with. The reason for this is because the physical world of Azeroth has changed along with all the extra classes, class/race combos, and stat/spell changes. You simply can not compare a REMASTER of FF7 to a rerelease of the original WoW because they are completely different events.

hopefully not till after i clear naxx. thats the one thing i diddnt do in vanilla that i was interested in. only got a few bosses then the guild broke up.
    So about 2 years after your hoping. Sounds like expansion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TotalSyn View Post
    So then why does it make you, and others like you so angry that we talk about it?

You afraid they'll listen?

If not, why all the hostile responses?
    The reason why people who have been rallying for a release of vanilla WoW get upset is because they want to play the game exactly how it was back then & that's why the private servers were so popular. Vanilla WoW supporters are afraid that all you people demanding changes will ruin the damn game they have been wanting to play for years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Drobu View Post
    Classic is not the chance the developers have to go back and fix things because
    it's 2018 and not 2004-2007. They had their chance to balance classes and chose
    not to do it. Keep it as a snapshot in time, for better or worse.
    Half the devs are not from 2004 now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    The reason why people who have been rallying for a release of vanilla WoW get upset is because they want to play the game exactly how it was back then & that's why the private servers were so popular. Vanilla WoW supporters are afraid that all you people demanding changes will ruin the damn game they have been wanting to play for years now.
    Yeah I Want to play Vanilla as it Was PLAYED back then. People have optimized the shit out of Vanilla (a decade ago!!). There will be No Exploration at all without changes. Some classes will be largely unplayed (while You see rogues/priests/warriors/mages everywhere), a lot of Bosses and instances will be untouched (perhaps a bit dramatic, But true to a large extent). We have a right to DEMAND an authentic Vanilla experience, and a 1:1 can’t give us that.

Blizzard has already opened up for changes (like starting on another Patch than 1.1, fixing bugs, combining patches). We’re already on your infamous slippery slope, deal with it.