Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Anti-Islam activist mistakes Koran for Bible in court appearance

Anti-Islam activist mistakes Koran for Bible in court appearance

Anti-Islam activist Neil Erikson has admitted breaching court orders by failing to return a uniform to former employer Toll and publishing online footage and photographs of high-profile confrontations in which his associates are wearing the logistics company's uniforms.

Erikson mistakenly picked up the Koran as he prepared to give sworn evidence in the witness stand in the Federal Circuit Court on Monday, until the court's associate pointed him to the Bible, and later submitted to the court he was "just a simple forklift driver" in a "David versus Goliath" legal stoush against Toll.

But in between those moments, the court heard Erikson lied to Toll about his criminal past when hired, told Toll he had passed Year 11 when he left school in Year 8 ("Who doesn't lie on their resumes?" he said) and was shown footage of him criticising the company in a video filmed outside the court and uploaded to Facebook on Monday morning.

In a hearing to determine whether a penalty is imposed for contempt of court, Erikson said he failed to return to Toll his uniform after he was sacked last year, that he published video footage of a confrontation with then senator Sam Dastyari in a Melbourne pub, and that he tweeted a news photograph of a friend wearing a Toll shirt during a scuffle outside a speaking event featuring controversial commentator Milo Yiannopoulos.

It also emerged during Monday's hearing that he was one of four men charged by police over the fights outside the Yiannopoulos event in Kensington in December.​

Erikson told the court he had been charged with affray, behaving in a riotous manner and two counts each of assault with a weapon and unlawful assault. He is due to appear before a magistrate at a later date.

Toll sacked Erikson in both 2014 and last year, the court heard, and first requested its uniform back from him several years ago. It again requested he return the uniform when Erikson featured in a video of men racially abusing Mr Dastyari in a Melbourne hotel in November. The men told Mr Dastyari he was a "terrorist" and that he should go back to his birth country of Iran.

Erikson admitted on Monday he had not returned the uniform to Toll despite being ordered to do so by Justice Suzanne Jones on December 7, that the footage of the clash with Mr Dastyari was still on one of his YouTube channels a week after the judge made her orders, and that a photograph of friend Ricky Turner in a scuffle outside the Yiannopoulos event was still on his Twitter page a week after the judge's orders.

Mr Turner was wearing a Toll shirt in the photograph despite never having worked for the company. Erikson said he didn't give his friend the shirt.

Erikson said he had told Toll he would return the uniform, but instead threw the shirts away.

"I admit I didn't return them. I discarded them," he said.

He also said he was unaware the video footage of Mr Dastyari and the photograph of Mr Turner were on his social media pages until he was contacted by Toll's lawyers, after Justice Jones made her orders. He said he removed the online material as soon as he became aware it was there.

He did not act on an earlier request to remove the material, he said, because he hardly ever used Twitter and had several YouTube channels, was "overwhelmed" by the volume of emails from Toll's lawyers and was not sent web links to the offending material.

Erikson said he was unfairly sacked by Toll last year when news emerged that he had been charged over a mock beheading he and two other men performed outside the City of Bendigo offices in October 2015, in protest against plans to build a mosque in Bendigo.

But under cross-examination from Myles Tehan, for Toll, Erikson conceded he had provided Toll with false information when he was hired, including denying he had a prior criminal conviction [for stalking, in 2014] and that he had been charged over the Bendigo protest.

Erikson and United Patriots Front colleagues Blair Cottrell and Christopher Shortis were last year found guilty in Melbourne Magistrates Court of inciting contempt, revulsion and ridicule of Muslims. All three men were fined $2000.

​Justice Jones said Erikson was "travelling close" to breaching court orders over the video filmed on Monday morning, which was uploaded to the Nationalists Uprising Facebook page.

The judge also chastised three of Erikson's supporters in court, who sniggered when he explained what the acronym LMFAO referred to. The acronym was a Facebook post attached to a news report about Erikson breaching court orders. Justice Jones said the post was an insult to her.

She told Erikson he had the right to air his views, but not while wearing Toll uniform that purported he worked there.

"The fact is Toll don't want to be associated with your views," she said.

In a statement of claim previously lodged, Toll has asked the court to permanently ban Erikson from publishing "injurious falsehoods" about the company, and is seeking damages.

Mr Tehan said none of Erikson's evidence to court stacked up and he had not provided an adequate explanation for throwing out the uniform rather than returning it to Toll.

Justice Jones reserved her judgment on the contempt case.
    http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/an...15-h0ihwz.html

Stay in school, kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    But real school, kids are short changing themselves by consuming all the faux outrage on Youtube and considering themselves educated on economics or religion.

P.S. This is his defence in court:

“I think personally they’re trying to break me down,” he told the court. Erikson also told the court he was “just a forklift driver” with a year 8-level education who did not understand the court process and all the documents he had received from Toll.
    http://www.news.com.au/national/vict...1eaefc1a1a876f
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Year 8 level education, we are talking 12/13 years old right?

Fucking hell.
    Speciation Is Gradual

At this point I feel anti-islam people are probably some of the dumbest people out there. Just plain blind hatred becuase they hear "muh terrorists" on the news station, surely the 2 billion other muslims must be bad right.

My fav was this 11 years old girl lied about getting her hijab cut by a stranger, I swear the entire comment section was filled with ragers saying "she must pay for her lies" "Just shows to you how bad muslims are" i mean jesus shes 11.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    At this point I feel anti-islam people are probably some of the dumbest people out there. Just plain blind hatred becuase they hear "muh terrorists" on the news station, surely the 2 billion other muslims must be bad right.
    Not all Muslims are bad, the majority worldwide are, but not all...

Sharia includes such pearls as reduced legal rights for women, sanctioned wife beating and the death penalty for homosexuals. Even in Britain, where Muslims tend to be more moderate, half want homosexuality made illegal and a third want Sharia introduced.

But let’s not point out the extreme misogyny and homophobia amongst the majority of Muslims in the world, because someone might call you an islamophobe and that would just be awful.

The majority of Islam’s adherents are bad by Western standards and it is far from dumb to be against people who wish to impose a backward theocracy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    The majority of Islam’s adherents are bad by Western standards and it is far from dumb to be against people who wish to impose a backward theocracy.
    This.

Unfortunately most people don't know even the basics of their own history, culture and religion these days. As a result we have a big bunch of cultural relativists who are dumb and ignorant enough to believe that all religions are the same -- or worse, they are also extremely dishonest are attempting to rewrite history in the name of perverted political correctness. All religions are nonsense, of course - but with very, very different degrees of severity. Anyone, atheist or not, should be able to see this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    This.

Unfortunately most people don't know even the basics of their own history, culture and religion these days. As a result we have a big bunch of cultural relativists who are dumb and ignorant enough to believe that all religions are the same -- or worse, they are also extremely dishonest are attempting to rewrite history in the name of perverted political correctness. All religions are nonsense, of course - but with very, very different degrees of severity. Anyone, atheist or not, should be able to see this.
    The one that annoys me most is when Islam is unironically called a Religion of Peace - it isn’t, it never was, it wasn’t intended to be.

Mohammed was a military commander, his successors (who knew him best) were as well, the Koran contains information on conduct in warfare, those aren’t traits associated with pacifism. It is at heart a martial religion and incredibly successful at that.

Why would we care about the opinion of muslims not living in our countries? I see this awesome survey doesn't list Europe, NA, SA or East Asia at all. I'm quite sure the majority of all people here come from these countries, so the picture may be frightening at first but doesn't really say anything. and yes the sharia is bad, it was written before the middle ages. but again, why should we care? They don't have money, resources or even a strong army. the must fight education forever. And they will lose.

@ topic
    and agian there is the problem without education...

10+ Year Old Account

Sharia includes such pearls as reduced legal rights for women, sanctioned wife beating and the death penalty for homosexuals. Even in Britain, where Muslims tend to be more moderate, half want homosexuality made illegal and a third want Sharia introduced.

But let’s not point out the extreme misogyny and homophobia amongst the majority of Muslims in the world, because someone might call you an islamophobe and that would just be awful.

Not all muslims are bad, but the majority are ... yikes. Glad you're in the open with your Islam bashing.

Funny thing about the Pew survey is, whats missing. The Gulf States (UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar,) and Iran. Why omit those states? Also all American and European states are missing.

All you have left are fairly impoverished countries that also have weak governments and also have weak rule of law. Maybe living in a place with weak rule law makes any law look like an improvement. Even if it's Sharia law.

But hey, wouldnt want nuance to get in the way of your identity politics and sweeping generalizations.

Gratz at MAKING facts.

Source http://www.pewforum.org/files/2013/0...ull-report.pdf

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pew_Research_Center

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PL-Cibo
    ...why should we care? They don't have money, resources or even a strong army. the must fight education forever. And they will lose.
    You are being awfully optimistic. Receiving the same education as everyone else hasn't kept 2nd and 3rd generation Muslim immigrants from becoming Islamic supremacists. The values and attitudes people are taught at home tend to have a vastly superior effect over anything that schools provide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PL-Cibo View Post
    Why would we care about the opinion of muslims not living in our countries?
    Because people immigrate.

I see this awesome survey doesn't list Europe, NA, SA or East Asia at all. I'm quite sure the majority of all people here come from these countries, so the picture may be frightening at first but doesn't really say anything. and yes the sharia is bad, it was written before the middle ages. but again, why should we care?
    A third of British Muslims support the introduction of Sharia, so roughly a million people at present and a growing demographic. That is why people care.

They don't have money, resources or even a strong army. the must fight education forever. And they will lose.
    They aren’t losing. High birth rates and people worried about criticising backward views within mainstream Islam, result in the problem growing.

You are thinking that education will solve the issues, but they are receiving their education from religion.

15+ Year Old Account
    "Unknown man picks up wrong fairy book at court" - "How can I use this to my narrative?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    At this point I feel anti-islam people are probably some of the dumbest people out there.
    Be careful, big difference between anti-Muslim and anti-Islam.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Not all muslims are bad, but the majority are ... yikes. Glad you're in the open with your Islam bashing.
    Citing self proclaimed attitudes of Muslims is apparently bashing...okay. Do you think they are lying?

Funny thing about the Pew survey is, whats missing. The Gulf States (UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar,) and Iran. Why omit those states? Also all American and European states are missing.
    Attitudes in the Gulf states aren’t going to be more moderate, are they? They execute homosexuals in Saudi.

British Muslim attitudes have been reported by the likes of the BBC and Channel 4, I referred to them. Other European countries and the Americas are likely available as well.

All you have left are fairly impoverished countries that also have weak governments and also have weak rule of law. Maybe living in a place with weak rule law makes any law look like an improvement. Even if it's Sharia law.

But hey, wouldnt want nuance to get in the way of your identity politics and sweeping generalizations.
    It is astonishing that you have a problem with me calling the majority of Muslims misogynists and homophobes, rather than those who express such views. A classic case of shooting the messenger.

- - - Updated - - -

I copy pasted the graphic from the Pew website.

I remain unconvinced the majority of those statistics even know what sharia law fully entails and whether or not there is even another way of life.

Backwards religions are just simply horrible and have no point to them. The trinity religions are all guilty of cultural abominations and should frankly become relics of bygone eras rather than clutched so firmly. The level of control and fear the 'will of gods' impose on humans is absolutely staggering, and absolutely disgusting.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    How does that make any difference for the realities that are being created?
    It means that, unlike alt-righters and their malice-motivated pro "satanism"-esque Evangelism agenda, Muslims may advocate Sharia Law because they lack education.

Note that the more advanced/educated the nation they reside in, the less likely they are to push for Sharia Law; whereas the opposite holds true for alt-righters that the more advanced the nation is as a whole, they more they feel empowered to pursue a destructive and terroristic agenda.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    I remain unconvinced the majority of those statistics even know what sharia law fully entails and whether or not there is even another way of life.

Backwards religions are just simply horrible and have no point to them. The trinity religions are all guilty of cultural abominations and should frankly become relics of bygone eras rather than clutched so firmly. The level of control and fear the 'will of gods' impose on humans is absolutely staggering, and absolutely disgusting.
    I don't really agree with the person you quoted's conclusion but you don't have to guess what Sharia supporters think it should involve. A lot of the more contentious points are in the paper
    Last edited by ryan92084; 2018-01-16 at 01:24 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    This thread isn’t long for the world.