Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ATZenith View Post
    What type of mind set do you have to come in here and say a fighting game, a 2D fighting gaming, will be comparing to an 3D MMORPGs combat style? lmfao
    Just because they are different games, doesn't mean they can't be compared.

Axelhander just did that. He compared. He thinks that a PvP game is better when everyone is on a equal starting field, while in WoW, your character gets stronger in the PvP because he/she did things outside of the PvP match.

A huge problem I have in PvP is that every single class - hell, maybe even every single spec - has access to some kind of stun, why is that necessary?

It's totally okay for every class to not have a damn stun, like out of all the crap they can prune stuns are probably the most reasonable thing to get rid of on alot of classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronan View Post
    Okay but only if a healer can't kill a dps. I don't want to repeat the very "fun" situations in other expansions where healers were raid bosses who could kill any dps because they could keep themselves up AND had very decent damage to grind down the dps.

Otherwise, kindly FUCK OFF!
    no, a healer should be able to kill a dps

but a dps should be able to kill a healer too
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2018-01-16 at 03:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogguh View Post
    It's funny how some people look forward to the end of the grind like you do, sort of a kid waiting for Christmas mentality. For others like myself, the grind is sitting in a dentist chair getting unpleasant work done, waiting for the misery to be over. Having no chance against an opponent is really not acceptable, which is why if anything, rated should require gear and randoms should be kept normalized.
    That is the point of playing an MMO though. Gear is supposed to matter. MMOs are for putting in work and then getting a sense of accomplishment from the reward that it gives you. If you want to play a game where everyone is equal and skill is king, then there are plenty of games like that already in the market. For instance, pretty much every FPS game is like that. DOTA/LOL/PUBG/PoE/etc, they all have equal gearing for the most part.

I like having gear matter in MMOs.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    1. remove pvp templates
    2. pvp gear not that far behind top pve gear
    3.make Tanks viable in pvp: with other words: increase their dmg to be on pair with dps in instanced pvp and lower their survivability to also be on pair with dps survivabiltiy or only slightly above. With other words: transform tanks into dps in instanced PvP only.
    4.make random BGs fer: no more healing and other potions, no more engie staff etc. That really shouldn't be allowed.
    5.focus more on BGs, not just arena and bring back 5 vs 5
    6.and please, stop balancing classes/specs or stop pretending that you know how to do it! You know you can't do it Blizzard. If you couldn't do it in 10 years ... Just stop, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Sifu View Post
    3.make Tanks viable in pvp: with other words: increase their dmg to be on pair with dps in instanced pvp and lower their survivability to also be on pair with dps survivabiltiy or only slightly above. With other words: transform tanks into dps in instanced PvP only.
    I would like that Tank would become actual tanks instead of just glorified Dps.

For example Prot Warrior has ways to redirect attacks, reduce teammates damage and so on.

Why not share this kind of utility with other tanks, Raid/group wide defensive Cds or ways to redirect/block damage.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

We can put list after lists but i highly doubted they will reverse anything or improve (give more abilities, better gear, gear that can be modified, 4set pieces, or for that sake make people want to play healer). Since Mop (outside of s15), PVP is getting worse. As an example being on Illi in Cata finding healer with 2400 xp would take max of 10 min spamming trade, now its take hours in LFG and the higher you get the tougher it gets. Maybe i am being pessimistic but i think they killed it arena pvp as we see it now.
    What might help is #soloque if and now that is big IF classes are interesting to play, healers enjoy their roles and there are good rewards.
    P.S. I remember back even in mop/wod most top streamers outside of few selected did PVP. Now its 90 % PVE.

Return Conquest vendor, PvP set bonuses, gem slots and enchants. I want to control my character customization.
    Remove as many instant CCs as possible and replace with CC that can be out-played. There are way too many ranged stuns in this game, it's ridiculous.
    I love CC and believe that PvP would be terrible without it but there just too many stuns right now.

Add Solo-Q RBGs and Arena.
    Add 6v6 RBG bracket.

Remove templates, bring gear back to what it was before WoD. I want to play my own character in PvP, not some thing that blizzard made for me.

Solo Q rated BG and Arena, Get rid of pvp template . Progress in gear and power should be part of any MMORPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    I would like that Tank would become actual tanks instead of just glorified Dps.

For example Prot Warrior has ways to redirect attacks, reduce teammates damage and so on.

Why not share this kind of utility with other tanks, Raid/group wide defensive Cds or ways to redirect/block damage.
    Alternatively, tanks can also make great disuptors. Ill hapilly do half the damage of a dps if im twice as survivable and have a bunch of tools to make myself a giant pain in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Alternatively, tanks can also make great disuptors. Ill hapilly do half the damage of a dps if im twice as survivable and have a bunch of tools to make myself a giant pain in the ass.
    This is also a option.

I would just like that tanks have another role then just, a dps that takes longer to die.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

NEEDS REWARDS SIMILAR TO HOW WOTLK DID IT. 1800 for weps. 2.2k for shoulders and more powerful weps.

it CANNOT be any other way, this is what makes it competitive. and im talking powerful normal raid equivalent weps for 1800. and heroic/mythic equivalent for 2.2k.

7+ Year Old Account
    I like the prestige system but don’t like have honor talents.

I do miss currency and gear mattering, removing templates would be nice. Miss resilience also
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by kurama View Post
    Just combine the PvP templates with the Draenor PvP gear system:

PvP gear ILvL goes UP and their stats change for your class/spec when in PvP combat.
    Why should my stats change in PvP combat? This game is MMORPG - do you see the RPG in there? I want to choose how to play my character and I want to choose my stats. Even MOBAs have more customization than Legion PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Less self-healing for non-healer specs.
    This for one.
    More reliance on actual healers.
    More individual honor for doing objectives in a Battleground. It might give people some incentive to kill the EFC, cap/defend flags, grab orbs etc...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by menshika View Post
    We can put list after lists but i highly doubted they will reverse anything or improve (give more abilities, better gear, gear that can be modified, 4set pieces, or for that sake make people want to play healer). Since Mop (outside of s15), PVP is getting worse. As an example being on Illi in Cata finding healer with 2400 xp would take max of 10 min spamming trade, now its take hours in LFG and the higher you get the tougher it gets. Maybe i am being pessimistic but i think they killed it arena pvp as we see it now.
    What might help is #soloque if and now that is big IF classes are interesting to play, healers enjoy their roles and there are good rewards.
    P.S. I remember back even in mop/wod most top streamers outside of few selected did PVP. Now its 90 % PVE.
    All I play is heals. Although, it has gotten to the point that PvP is so terrible toward healers I stopped queueing as heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogguh View Post
    It's funny how some people look forward to the end of the grind like you do, sort of a kid waiting for Christmas mentality. For others like myself, the grind is sitting in a dentist chair getting unpleasant work done, waiting for the misery to be over. Having no chance against an opponent is really not acceptable, which is why if anything, rated should require gear and randoms should be kept normalized.

And the reason I say that is because, without normalization (and with to an extent), random pvp is the only form of endgame content that punishes you for not doing harder content. Normal raids don't drop Mythic gear, but that's fine because Normal raids do not feature Mythic enemies. In random bgs, I get thrown up against far more powerful opponents, yet I can never actually match them. My choices are to either be perpetually underpowered or to do content I don't enjoy in order to enjoy what I want - no other endgame content requires such a situation.

Now, if random bgs would eventually allow you to be equal to your opponents, then there's an argument to be made for that. But random bgs currently drop garbage tier gear.
    I agree with everything in this post and want to add to it. What's even worse than feeling useless in battlegrounds and being steamrolled over and over until your gear is somewhat acceptable to fight people (that you are still at a disadvantage against if they do higher end PvP), is that you are holding your team back. It makes it so the team with the most undergeared players will lose, and the team with the most geared players, wins. This isn't fun. And for me, nothing is more frustrating than being a major part of why your team is losing, and having absolutely nothing you can do about it because you have to go through the experience in order to gear up and be useful.

And this doesn't even really touch about how people are abusive to undergeared players for this reason, or that it's frustrating to be stuck on a team where people are undergeared. It's a bad design.

I like the idea of gear mattering for rated PvP, or at least I am okay with it. But for randoms, it literally has no place whatsoever... period.

They need to tone down melee mobility right now shutting down a gap closer does nothing because melee have another one stored up. Seriously when I get caught by a warrior in a battleground, I have to run because killing one takes so long that people will show up and help. In arena it's annoying because kiting well doesn't mean shit anymore.

They need to decide where they want there game to be and keep it at that level.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2018-01-23 at 10:41 AM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    They need to tone down melee mobility right now shutting down a gap closer does nothing because melee have another one stored up. Seriously when I get caught by a warrior in a battleground, I have to run because killing one takes so long that people will show up and help. In arena it's annoying because kiting well doesn't mean shit anymore.

They need to decide where they want there game to be and keep it at that level.
    A fucking men man.

Recently was BGing with a guildie whose a holy priest and I was sitting there complaining because even as a frost mage, keeping a DH, Fury war, rogue, etc. (lets not even mention Frost DKS because that shit is a whole other beast entirely and no one can stop that broken ass class) was pretty much impossible even with my slows and double blink, they still maintain 80%+ uptime on you, which is absurd. His response was simply "kite them" and that I dont know how to kite, meanwhile I've played mage since TBC, I think I know how to kite by now. It just ruins the fun of the game when I know no matter what I do I can't even out play a lower skilled player anymore in legion PVP. I think the only spec (at least for mages, but even across the board) that deals with melee well is arcane and thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by hc7 View Post
    A fucking men man.

Recently was BGing with a guildie whose a holy priest and I was sitting there complaining because even as a frost mage, keeping a DH, Fury war, rogue, etc. (lets not even mention Frost DKS because that shit is a whole other beast entirely and no one can stop that broken ass class) was pretty much impossible even with my slows and double blink, they still maintain 80%+ uptime on you, which is absurd. His response was simply "kite them" and that I dont know how to kite, meanwhile I've played mage since TBC, I think I know how to kite by now. It just ruins the fun of the game when I know no matter what I do I can't even out play a lower skilled player anymore in legion PVP. I think the only spec (at least for mages, but even across the board) that deals with melee well is arcane and thats it.
    Nobody has to think anymore and the requirements for abilities are non existent combine that with everyone being durable and it just cancer. Casual pvp is just dead and arena is on life support.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!