Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    You are saying Republicans passed their health care bill?
    Nope, how Obamacare was passed using budget reconciliation with a bill that technically originated in the Senate. The Constitution spells out quite clearly that all spending bills must originate in the House.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Very interesting. Yeah, people like to point out Trump's record low approval rating early in his Presidency, but it is the over all approval rating after each year that really counts. And there are several who had lower than his has ever hit. Thanks for the update! Good news.
    Except it's a ridiculous assertion. It's by a poll that is famously biased towards the GOP. Now, I would hope you knew that, and are just shitposting. If not, I guess you can claim willful ignorance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    Underhanded ways? You mean like how it was passed?

- - - Updated - - -

One or your members has a picture of himself sexually assaulting a service member. There are fruitcakes even in Congress.

So what parts have been "essentially defunded". I assume you are talking about the part that wasn't actually authorized by Obamacare but Obama decided to unilaterally decide that he could spend taxpayer money any way he wanted which is specifically against the Constitution.

Nixon is as far back as you consider modern? Hell I was alive when Nixon was President.
    You have Trump admitting to sexually assaulting women, do you really want to play that game?

- - - Updated - - -

At the end of their first year, Trump had essentially same ratings as Obama.

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-approv...ma-same-761948

- - - Updated - - -

I just generally trust the public to determine what is best for them rather than force things upon them like the left seems to do.

Trump and Obama had essentially the same poll numbers after their first year.
    http://www.newsweek.com/trump-approv...ma-same-761948
    Wow, that's some disingenuous bullshit right there. Shall we look at all the polls, or do you simply want to push a false narrative?

You are wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...ber-first-year

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/29/politi...ing/index.html

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...roval-ratings/

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    A single poll... not sure I’d hang my hat on that. And the public doesn’t decide what’s best for themselves, our elected officials make those calls. I get that you have a victim complex, but the right and the left both force shit on the American people. Get over it and actually pay attention to what your elected officials are doing.
    His numbers were up in several other polls. His overall ratings from all the polls are close to 40%. ( 39.3% ) That is a improvement over what it had been.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Rasmussen has a pretty poor track record. Please use better sources.

Pew is generally pretty accurate:

That is not the most recent poll numbers. Plus that is only one poll. I mean you guys want to stress you need to take several into consideration. :P
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2018-01-16 at 04:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok... Obama was around 56% at the end of his first year.
    I am not disputing that. But Trump's numbers have improved.

His numbers were up in several other polls. His overall ratings from all the polls are close to 40%. ( 39.3% ) That is a improvement over what it had been.

- - - Updated - - -

That is not the most recent poll numbers. Plus that is only one poll. I mean you guys want to stress you need to take several into consideration. :P

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...roval-ratings/

10+ Year Old Account
    And it's still the lowest in history. Which says a lot about how low it was just last month.
    Maybe for his first year. Would have to do some research. But he is not done yet. Truman dipped down into the 20's% at one time. So did Bush Jr I think?

Maybe for his first year. Would have to do some research. But he is not done yet. Truman dipped down into the 20's% at one time. So did Bush Jr I think?
    "Maybe for the first year"

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL
    BWAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHA
    i'm sorry. lol...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Even your chart shows a improvement over where it was in late summer and fall of last year.

Yes. Even your chart shows a improvement over where it was in late summer and fall of last year.
    and Jill Stein had a chance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    "Maybe for the first year"

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL
    BWAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHA
    i'm sorry. lol...
    You do know Obama after 8 years, finished with a lower rating than 56% after his first year? I would say he had 7 more years to make it better and he failed. :P

- - - Updated - - -

and Jill Stein had a chance!
    She lost and so did all the rest. lol!

You do know Obama after 8 years, finished with a lower rating than 56% after his first year? I would say he had 7 more years to make it better and he failed. :P
    You do realize 56% is one of the highest in history right?

10+ Year Old Account
    You do realize 56% is one of the highest in history right?
    Even Reagan beat him, which he had 63%. Dwight Eisenhower had close to 70%. Clinton was up there in the 60's. Even Ford was close to the same Obama had at 53%. these are all who finished their terms. Kennedy had 71% at the time of his assassination. It is hard to say what many of the older Presidents had because they did not keep approval ratings until in the 20th Century.

- - - Updated - - -

Both Bushes, Truman, Carter, and Nixon dipped that low. Which doesn't negate the fact that his average approval rating is lower than any other President's in history(when comparing similar time frames).
    I am not disputing that and you mean, in the history of the approval ratings of the Presidents.

Even Reagan beat him, which he had 63%. Dwight Eisenhower had close to 70%. Clinton was up there in the 60's. Even Ford was close to the same Obama had at 53%. these are all who finished their terms. Kennedy had 71% at the time of his assassination. It is hard to say what many of the older Presidents had because they did not keep approval ratings until in the 20th Century.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not disputing that and you mean, in the history of the approval ratings of the Presidents.
    So? Still one of the best. and You downgraded it to 53%? And no he ended up with 58% according to the website I provided.

Also those are just Polls.

Historically from professional Political Studies experts Obama currently still on the top lists.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2018-01-16 at 04:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So? Still one of the best. and You downgraded it to 53%? And no he ended up with 58% according to the website I provided.
    http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...of-second-term Obama finished with a 54% rating.

The one I was referring to was close to his term end. But was not his final . It showed it at 53%. And yes, his was one of the bests of the recent presidents, but at least 3 where higher. With Eisenhower considerably higher. Keep in mind, most Presidents did not have any official approval ratings.

Correction. His approval rating was 60% after he finished. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.6af3f58476c8 Sorry about that.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2018-01-16 at 04:53 AM.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...of-second-term Obama finished with a 54% rating.

The one I was referring to was close to his term end. but was not his final . It showed it at 53%.
    Mines is an average of All.

If you want the Gold Standard of Polls look at Gallup.

http://news.gallup.com/poll/113980/g...-approval.aspx

Obama ended up with 59% at the end of his presidency.

Any attempt to try and say that Trump's numbers are close to Obama's is just plain disingenuous. Trump's not going to rise much, and he's not going to fall much. He is simply too divisive, and will always hover between 36-42%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mines is an average of All.

If you want the Gold Standard of Polls look at Gallup.

http://news.gallup.com/poll/113980/g...-approval.aspx

Obama ended up with 59% at the end of his presidency.
    You are closer than my first check. lol! I corrected it, his was at 60% when he finished. So I agree. One of the best ones of those we have records of. Which still omits a lot of them however. But man are we getting off topic!. lol!

Underhanded ways? You mean like how it was passed?

- - - Updated - - -

One or your members has a picture of himself sexually assaulting a service member. There are fruitcakes even in Congress.

So what parts have been "essentially defunded". I assume you are talking about the part that wasn't actually authorized by Obamacare but Obama decided to unilaterally decide that he could spend taxpayer money any way he wanted which is specifically against the Constitution.

Nixon is as far back as you consider modern? Hell I was alive when Nixon was President.
    It really didn't take you long to discredit yourself as a poster. Kudos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Well, if your politics actually do fuck people over massively economically you are indeed the cause of violent reactions. See the American Revolution for example.

Same goes if your politics threaten the lives of the people. Who would condemn uprising against that?
    I'm sorry but this is the kind of mindset that we are fighting against and as someone with a antifa logo, Politics and "WORDS" are never a reason to hurt, attack or maim anyone. EVER. but see you and your kind just use it as a justification to commit acts of violence or "violent reactions"

You can not say that because you don't like this or that, so let's go shoot, beat, stab and murder because of reasons. You are nothing but domestic terrorists.
    The American revolution was nothing like what is happening today and will never be, I can also tell you fail to grasp history.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    I agree with a lot of what you said. I too watch very little to no TV whatsoever. But the media is definitely fan the flames. It gets them viewers which gets them advertising money. And sadly, that is the most important things to these mega corporations.

Delivering the truth in the News doesn't bring in the clicks or views. It's really a shame.
    Yep exactly, if the people that ran CNN or Fox News could put their own parents on TV being executed, they would do it in a heartbeat for ratings. But there is a difference between one that simply makes things up and the other, that doesn't do it's job.

I miss the days when reporters were heros, and risked life and limb legit to get a story, not by breaking the law or trickery, but running people down and asking them over and over.

The Reporter who got punched in the face, because they wouldn't stop getting the truth, not a clip where they can stop and start and create whatever editorial piece.

But now you have crooks paying reporters for puff pieces
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis