Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Look I just look at the classic vanilla thing to be an alt right agenda just like the thread we have with black panther.

keep it pure and Vanilla

- - - Updated - - -

which sounds like there is room for a change.
    i would think you were a complete jerk but you have rocky horror in your avatar so i guess i wont hate you even though youre wrong, or trolling i cant tell.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're right, I was interested at first when it was announced but I rather just play on live servers (and my monk/samurai in FFXIV) with superior graphics/mechanics/dungeons/questing. I did my time (190+ days) in Vanilla years ago and had my fill of it.

There are too many good Nintendo/PC games coming out as well in the next year and so anyway.

Have fun with your old shit.

Quote Originally Posted by alabaster jones View Post
    You know, somehow I don't think this thread is going places.
    It's going places..............just none of the nice places.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Why do you care so much what I will and won't do?

Just level your expectations and you'll be happy when Classic finally ships.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    That's childish, like anyone who actually wants Classic.
    Talk about projection.

Can only speak for myself.
    I clamored for classic in WoD. I even quit 'retail' and went private as I felt the modern game had realy gone of the deep end.
    I came back in Legion, and while not perfect, found it very enjoyable.
    I still want a Blizzard run Classic game, as the chaos and insecurity (never knowing wether the server you poured all that tim in would be there the next day) of private isn't ideal. However, in the end, I just want a good WoW game. I'd be great if retail could be i, but having Classic as a backup won't hurt.
    Seeing as how polarized the 'retail' community reacted to the more classic style influences in Legion, probably having two WoW universe games catering to the split group could be best. In that case though, I personally am happy to start with a 'vanilla experience' Classic, but then hopefully one which over time also receives new original content.
    I'd love it if BfA continued the 'classic' influence the game designers definitely had, but frankly, I'm getting some WoD vibes of it already. I'm hoping I'll be wrong, and otherwise hoping classic launches soon.
    Last edited by HuxNeva; 2018-01-16 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by duannyboy View Post
    How can you sit there and post your disengenous little threads about how "changes mean that it's not Classic anymore and that's what you asked for /trollface" and my personal favourite "but think of the poor people who signed the petition, this should be about them, not us"

The first one I kind of understand now. People have been telling you "retailers" that your version of the game is shit for a long time now. So you have the attitude that, well if Vanilla was so great let's see it as it was. What you don't understand is that everyone who played vanilla knows that even a 100% copy will be miles better than retail, it's just that changes will make it better still.

The second is just clutching at straws under the false pretenses of a moral highground. Supporting purists as if they are an endangered species purely because you want Classic to fail.
    No I am neither of them, I lived through true vanilla. I know what it was like and you are right I would not play it because it was a poorly designed game compared to now. But at the same time I feel that people should know what it was like and not through the green coloured glasses that the "Pro-Vanilla" side likes to offer. I will laugh when the community(which was the only thing that was good in vanilla) is not there because the gamers are different.

Let blizz handle this thing. as one that played Wow from beta i can safely say that there is ALOT! of upgrades that would be nice to have in the game back then.

Personaly id like these things. (no need too flame cause i dont care, this is what i think would have made my life easyer all those years ago... )

Group finder. (NOT! LFG! NOT CROSSREALM!)
    pro: you can que up a group the the thing you want to do rather then having to bug a guildy or spam the chat for help / dungeon group.
    It will give other players the option to que for it but they still have to travel there, you still have the long banters in party chat while waiting for more players to que up and so on and so forth. it just spares the trade chat from the spam and your /macro from having 10 macros you spam to make groups or Look for groups.

Con: it WILL! lower the social aspect of the spaming in trade and getting trolled for ages by randoms til you forget you where making a group for something and then after 30 mins of funny chat in trade / whispers you resume your group making.

Mass Loot:
    Pro: As one that palyed a paladin back in the day and aoe grinded WPL undeads like crazy. Pulling 50 of them running into a corrner and then consicrating and spam healing myself while using holy wrath and Exorcism to kill them it was a PAIN! to try and loot the layers uppon layers of undeads around me.

Con: THERE IS NONE CAUSE IT SUCKED BALLS! having to angle the cam the correct way to get that one arm that was sticking out from the pile of corpses around you to loot it... no thank you.

Graphics: Upgraded graphics
    Pro: new players will come to the game and wont think it is utter crap graphics and quit after a few days cause it just hurts their brains compared to the other games out there today. (or the live server now.) if you dont like it you can always turn down your graphics and get the pixel heaven the game was at the start. ENJOY! id personaly want to have cool spellefects and such rather then the same cast animation for EVERY SINGLE SPELL! (appart from holy shock.) seeing as dwarfs basicly cast like someone that gave up on a rubics cube and just threw it in the air.

Con: Old players that want the good old game may not be fans of the way it looks and feeles and may not end up sticking around. hence the "you controll your own graphics options". remeber that back then even your windows was 32bit.

these seemes to be the most populer topics people bring up and there for im not going to rant on about more details.
    I hope blizzard gives us a FEW updates to the game. after 13 years of reading these forums i finaly made a user cause i could not take anymore of this "I WANT THIS!" BS in the classic wow forums. My ideas are personal preference and not a yell for "I WANT!" if they do some of it, Cool. if they dont, Cool aswell..

It was the Server COMMUNITY! that made classic what it was. the Epicness of long chats on TS, Ventrilo, Mumble, with other guilds and other players ingame, your name / guild tag got you respect or status. Helping players in lesser guilds improve the gameplay, aswell as getting tips from the players in the tier above and so on and so forth. It was the JOY! in the community that made it the legend it is today. From what im seeing with all these demands and QQing on forums, it will never be the same as it was anyways.

P.s. Sorry for the poor english, its not my first languange, more like my 3rd language and is therefor lacking.

I want to play vanilla. No changes. You might think that is "trollface" but in reality it is only what I want. Vanilla. No sprinkles, flavors, or additions. Only plan jane vanilla.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    If you truly believe that private servers are "no changes 1.12" you are going to have a bad time
    A bad time with what? I've already played them and original Vanilla. The playing experience is nearly the same in my opinion. Due to my memory not being able to pick apart the small differences that were present 14 year's ago. If your memory is that good then you should let Blizzard know because I'm sure they're going to struggle to 100% replicate it (if that is what they decide to aim for).

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I want to play vanilla. No changes. You might think that is "trollface" but in reality it is only what I want. Vanilla. No sprinkles, flavors, or additions. Only plan jane vanilla.
    Did you play Vanilla when it was current? Also, if I were Blizzard I would be wondering how long people with your intentions would stick to pure vanilla. So that is a big question mark at the moment. Not trying to be offensive, just simply curious. Personally I could deal with either version, however I would probably prefer some minor QoL changes. In any case, you will most likely get your wish as pure vanilla would be the easiest for Blizzard to do. Any changes would require a healthy amount of redesign hours to make it work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    No I am neither of them, I lived through true vanilla. I know what it was like and you are right I would not play it because it was a poorly designed game compared to now. But at the same time I feel that people should know what it was like and not through the green coloured glasses that the "Pro-Vanilla" side likes to offer. I will laugh when the community(which was the only thing that was good in vanilla) is not there because the gamers are different.
    This argument about gamers as a whole being different is an interesting one and may be valid, time will tell if the community on Classic will be a very different place. I for one am not too fussed. I played Vanilla up to 60 without too much interaction, just exploring an unknown, dangerous, varied and massive world. I believe this is what encapsulates Vanilla as much as the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Demithio View Post
    Did you play Vanilla when it was current? Also, if I were Blizzard I would be wondering how long people with your intentions would stick to pure vanilla. So that is a big question mark at the moment. Not trying to be offensive, just simply curious. Personally I could deal with either version, however I would probably prefer some minor QoL changes. In any case, you will most likely get your wish as pure vanilla would be the easiest for Blizzard to do. Any changes would require a healthy amount of redesign hours to make it work.
    I did and still do today. For years. Vanilla. No changes.

This argument about gamers as a whole being different is an interesting one and may be valid, time will tell if the community on Classic will be a very different place. I for one am not too fussed. I played Vanilla up to 60 without too much interaction, just exploring an unknown, dangerous, varied and massive world. I believe this is what encapsulates Vanilla as much as the community.
    The type of community is typically formed around the game mechanics, those who cant 'hack it' will fall away, the rest adapt and conform. I don't except to see a lot of current WoW players on classic servers. At least not for long term. Some may however stick and adapt to the mechanics and the community it creates, which will combine with old time returning players who desire to reestablish the vanilla community.

I do I do. I'm going back to have my 1-3 button rotations and raid while watching television! Fuck those crazy mythic ToS type fights lol.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    I do I do. I'm going back to have my 1-3 button rotations and raid while watching television! Fuck those crazy mythic ToS type fights lol.
    Or better yet, just go fully AFK like the other 1/3 of the raid. Unfortunately 40 mans were rather bloated.
    Last edited by Demithio; 2018-01-16 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Demithio View Post
    Or better yet, just got fully AFK like the other 1/3 of the raid. Unfortunately 40 mans were rather bloated.
    Eh, fights were simple until AQ40 hit where they got a bit more complex. Before that though its didnt take much in the way of brain power to figure things out and get the mobs dead. The guild I was in at the start was a competitive EQ raiding guild that all jumped ship there to WoW and we got off running into raiding here. We were all competitive so not much in the way of carries for the most part in our group.

Now fast forward to now, yeah I can see lots of people AFKing/half assing in raids and blaming it on their class lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    I see the sentiment, but surely a 1-3 button rotation whilst watching TV isn't what anyone really wants.

I see the sentiment, but surely a 1-3 button rotation whilst watching TV isn't what anyone really wants.
    Eh, that part was me joking around...mostly lol.

No, but that's happened when vanilla was current, and will happen again unfortunately (I had to scream at more than one raid member due to it). Raiding is a very small piece of the vanilla pie though.