Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I mean, besides a dubious source here, if this is true then these people need to be carefully watched before they can do something stupid. There is nothing more dangerous than a radical that believes revolution is the only way forward.

But don't you dare to suggest to even think of harming a nazi, right?
    I mean, both ideologies are pure evil. But I guess you are one of those people who thinks if someone hates Communists then they are a Nazi.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Not even that. Unlike the Alt-Right who literally labelled themselves that rather than a political opponent doing so, there is no Alt-Left group unless you meant alt-left (not capitalized) as a general thing.
    Well, there are a few groups on facebook and other social media platforms that call themselves that. I am in a couple, but yeah I see your point with lower case.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    The alt-left is not a thing... focusing on the working class? Ye, that already exists, stop trying to re-invent the wheel, you're not doing anything new.
    What political class(es) in the United States? We've got no labor party, the DNC sold out to corporations, and the RNC has been lap dogs for the rich for over 3 decades.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Breitbart is ridiculous, but I will say this: the best way to get a police state is to make the police think they're threatened by normal people to an extreme. If you make it seem like you're threatening cops and coming to get them in their homes, you're basically asking them to be more hardcore and violent to protect themselves and their families.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I'm going to start by getting my news from a source that isn't Breitbart. It's very troubling that people still do though.
    you can thank Donald Trump for popularizing the website and other conspiracy news outlets like Info Wars that completely pander to Toxic Alt-Right and Trump fanbase.

So looking around for a source other than Breitbart, I came up pretty scant, best I could find was from thelocal.de and I have no idea how trustworthy that is.

Apparently these pictures were published by "indymedia.org" relating to the G20 riots in Germany.

More than 100 photos and videos taken of suspected perpetrators lighting cars and looting shops have been made available online by the Hamburg police as part of their investigation, reports Die Zeit.

Despite the deployment of 20,000 police officers during the G20 summit, heavy riots took place in the Hanseatic city in July and hundreds of people were arrested.

But the authorities were also accused of misconduct; right after the summit, dozens of investigations were launched examining police behaviour including alleged assault.

In November authorities in Hamburg faced accusations of abuse of power during the summit, with German media reporting they used a banned combat weapon to fire on rioters.
    https://www.thelocal.de/20171218/far...of-them-online

Note that there is no reference to "antifa" (existence: tenuous) or "alt left" (existence: zero).

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    This is troubling. What can we do about this?
    Stop reading garbage like Breitbart?

I mean, you could ban the alt-left, but they're such devious bastards they've gotten one step ahead of you by not existing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    No such thing as Alt-Left.
    Baffling, isn't it? I mean, the entire left is alternative by definition.

The only conclusion you can draw from people using the term "alt left" is that (a) they don't know what "alt" means, and (b) they mindlessly throw anything they are accused of back at their accusers, regardless of how much sense it makes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Most people that are "alt-right" are avowed alt-right. So even if they use the term "alt-left" it isn't deflection, it's simply identifying those on the left side of political spectrum that are as radical as those in the alt-right.
    I can see how that makes sense if you don't know what the word "alt" means.

Do you mean "fringe"? Because that word would work in that context. So why not use it, instead of talking gibberish?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    So looking around for a source other than Breitbart, I came up pretty scant, best I could find was from thelocal.de and I have no idea how trustworthy that is.

Apparently these pictures were published by "indymedia.org" relating to the G20 riots in Germany.

Note that there is no reference to "antifa" (existence: tenuous) or "alt left" (existence: zero).

Stop reading garbage like Breitbart?

I mean, you could ban the alt-left, but they're such devious bastards they've gotten one step ahead of you by not existing.

- - - Updated - - -

Baffling, isn't it? I mean, the entire left is alternative by definition.

The only conclusion you can draw from people using the term "alt left" is that (a) they don't know what "alt" means, and (b) they mindlessly throw anything they are accused of back at their accusers, regardless of how much sense it makes.

- - - Updated - - -

I can see how that makes sense if you don't know what the word "alt" means.

Do you mean "fringe"? Because that word would work in that context. So why not use it, instead of talking gibberish?
    I don't use either alt-right or "alt-left". Neither accurately describes a group, I would specify what group I was speaking about whether that be The Bundy's or the Tea Party on the right or Antifa, BLM on the left. The differences between groups, even towards the fringes of the political spectrum make it impossible to lump them all in with a convenient alt-whichever word.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    I don't use either alt-right or "alt-left". Neither accurately describes a group, I would specify what group I was speaking about whether that be The Bundy's or the Tea Party on the right or Antifa, BLM on the left. The differences between groups, even towards the fringes of the political spectrum make it impossible to lump them all in with a convenient alt-whichever word.
    BLM is a hashtag and "antifa" barely exists, unless you're using that as a vague all-encompassing term for all anti-fascist or anti-Trump groups. Which is a lot.

The alt-right is quite well-defined though, since Richard Spencer invented it as a term of self-identification.

Quote Originally Posted by Djanco View Post
    linking to a breitbart article in 2018 LOL
    Yeah, they don't have to issue retractions because they don't post lies. Yet people from CNN have literally been fired because of the lies Breitbart helped expose. Attitudes like your's are why Democrats lost nearly 1,000 state and federal seats during the Obama administration and why a reality TV star with zero political experience was elected President. You refuse to accept the truth because you've swallowed the lies that the liberal MSM has been feeding you.

No, I don't watch Fox News, as I'm sure that's one of the remarks you'll try to make to discredit the facts I'm posting here. And I don't just read Breitbart either. I probably read just as much from vomit rags like the Huffington Post or the 100% liberal biased NY and LA Times. Because I'm smart, I get my news from sources I both like and dislike so I can get a more complete picture. While Breitbart doesn't straight up lie like CNN constantly does, they are obviously conservatively biased. But they are at least open about their bias. They don't pretend to be unbiased like every liberal MSM outlet claims to be, all while they demonstrate an obvious liberal bias in every single article.
    Cooler Master H500P Mesh | i7 8700K@5GHz | CLC 280 | Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR4@3000MHz | EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 | Samsung EVO 960 500GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | WD Black 3TB | AOC G2460PF 144Hz

I'm actually not alt-right. but thanks for labeling me based on a news article I posted.
    You know what's funny? I used to be a left-leaning centreist just 3-4 years ago here in the UK. Then Corbyn became the Labour leader and Antifa became a thing. Now I vote Conservative every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    The fact that you read Breitbart and are sympathetic to its opinions, is indicative of your intelligence. I know that much about you, after all, you revealed it.

- - - Updated - - -

Source something reputable and we can discuss that. Breitbart is far from reputable.
    Hey Breitbart is of the utmost reputation they only post the truth, unlike all those "libtard" media outlets. There is another extremely reputable news outlet by the name of Infowars, run by the most sane and humane Alex Jones. He speaks nothing but the truth. Chemtrails are making us all sick, secret Democrat run child sex rings under a single D.C. pizza parlor, a N.A.S.A. run child sex ring on Mars, and that all the Sandy Hook victims are actually alive and well in a secret Government bunker so they can take all the guns. So you see nothing but the truth from Bannon and Jones.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    Yeah, they don't have to issue retractions because they don't post lies. Yet people from CNN have literally been fired because of the lies Breitbart helped expose. Attitudes like your's are why Democrats lost nearly 1,000 state and federal seats during the Obama administration and why a reality TV star with zero political experience was elected President. You refuse to accept the truth because you've swallowed the lies that the liberal MSM has been feeding you.

No, I don't watch Fox News, as I'm sure that's one of the remarks you'll try to make to discredit the facts I'm posting here. And I don't just read Breitbart either. I probably read just as much from vomit rags like the Huffington Post or the 100% liberal biased NY and LA Times. Because I'm smart, I get my news from sources I both like and dislike so I can get a more complete picture. While Breitbart doesn't straight up lie like CNN constantly does, they are obviously conservatively biased. But they are at least open about their bias. They don't pretend to be unbiased like every liberal MSM outlet claims to be, all while they demonstrate an obvious liberal bias in every single article.
    At least CNN will retract stories and fire reporters for falsities. Fox News will continue to push a lie and maybe hide a retraction in some fringe page of their website. Breitbart doesn't give two shits and lives off lies. They lie all the fucking time and they don't care because the mentally retarded rednecks in the South eat that shit up and believe everything they read.

Yeah, they don't have to issue retractions because they don't post lies.
    Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyorkbourne View Post
    You know what's funny? I used to be a left-leaning centreist just 3-4 years ago here in the UK. Then Corbyn became the Labour leader and Antifa became a thing. Now I vote Conservative every time.
    Young person gets old and becomes more conservative, news at 11.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    But don't you dare to suggest to even think of harming a nazi, right?
    Jesus fuck what are you going on about? Doxxing is wrong. No matter who does it.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha!

- - - Updated - - -

It wasn't even a case of getting older as much as it was that it felt the political left was driving out any centre or neutral support and trying to be a far-left agenda pushing force. If the Lib Dems were worth a damn and weren't so anti-Trident i'd probably have voted for them. Wanting to gut the UK defense was actually the only thing that stopped me.

Quote Originally Posted by HabitualLiar View Post
    I agree, the Alt-Left is worse, where is Pinochet when you need him?
    It doesn't exist. The alt-right labeled themselves that in like 2010. The alt-left was made up by alt-righters after they started pushing racist agendas.

Try reading a little about him, should make sense then.

so you're not going to address that question then? typical left wingers
    For someone who claims to not be alt-right, you sure are spending a lot of time spouting alt-right bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought the left was supposed to be accepting of people?
    Not true when it concerns Nazi stooges.

Yeah, Breitbart doesn't post lies? BULL FUCKING SHIT. They don't issue retractions because they don't have any fucking credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    No, because its Breitbart and literally no other outlet reported this. In all likelihood, they made it up. So, having a conversation about a made up story sounds pretty dumb. You can continue if youd like. It would be in tune with average Breitbart sympathizer.
    Here you go buddy, as far as I can tell this isn't some super far left, or far right publication.
    http://www.zeit.de/politik/deutschla...hndung-hamburg
    Here's one you'll have to translate, but if you read through to the part where it says in response you'll see the information corroborated. It's nice that you dismissed this as not real without a cursory search online though.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taliey View Post
    I wonder what's up with the alt left label? Is there something we're missing?
    The alt right have this retarded idea that if they point out the existence of other extremists at the other end of the spectrum then that somehow justifies their own extremism. As if somehow the two cancel each other out.