Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Buying vinyl figures was your first mistake.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    Buying vinyl figures was your first mistake.

How about you e-mail customer service instead of complaining here?
    God why don't people read the OP.

I'm out.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

Almost all pop figures are like this. Not Blizz's fault at all. Most they can do is shrug and send you Funko's way

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Don't do that. That's the literal definition of chargeback fraud. If you received the product (and this user did), then as far as your credit card company is concerned, the transaction was legitimate. Any satisfaction expectations you might have are between you and the seller, not the credit card company.

Chargeback fraud isn't a victimless crime, and you CAN get nailed for it. Especially if you conveniently publicly post pictures confirming you received the product you paid for, as you did here.
    He didn't get what he paid for....Paypal does the same kind of refunds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    He didn't get what he paid for....Paypal does the same kind of refunds.
    Yes. He did. He ordered that D.va funko pop, and that's what he got. Claiming a chargeback over this would be chargeback fraud. It's illegal.

Yes. He did. He ordered that D.va funko pop, and that's what he got. Claiming a chargeback over this would be chargeback fraud. It's illegal.
    Them refusing to refund something that's damaged is whats up for claiming a chargeback. It's like when you order a book in English off Amazon and it comes in French, then Amazon refuses to refund, that's basis for a chargeback. Wanting a refund for a damaged product ISN'T FRAUD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Them refusing to refund something that's damaged is whats up for claiming a chargeback. It's like when you order a book in English off Amazon and it comes in French, then Amazon refuses to refund, that's basis for a chargeback. Wanting a refund for a damaged product ISN'T FRAUD.
    This isn't appreciable damage, and this is a customer satisfaction issue, which is between the customer and the vendor. If the vendor won't issue a refund, that's that. It doesn't magically give you the right to get your credit card company to do a chargeback.

And your Amazon example is also not grounds for a chargeback. You need to take it up with Amazon. Doing a chargeback in that case is not different in any respect than just shoplifting the book out of a brick-and-mortar store.

It's particularly silly since the OP said he could get a refund, but just didn't like the timeline for the new item, since it was intended to be a gift.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chargeback_fraud
    Last edited by Endus; 2018-01-16 at 03:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Advocate Cheeks View Post
    So I decide to order the Blizzard Store exclusive D.VA pop vinyl for my SO's upcoming birthday. It's her favorite hero and preferred skin in-game, which makes it double awesome. After a little bit of a shipping delay (which is really no big deal), I noticed something odd upon opening the shipping container:

It was open at both ends. I removed the figure from its packaging, and upon further inspection, observed many issues consistent with regular handling:

As well as evidence of having been on a rough or unfinished surface:

But the most egregious detail was the damaged hood latch:

And the biggest kick in the pants? It'll take weeks to replace, unless I order another one and opt for the refund on the busted one (which will take over a month to process) and either way, her birthday is day after tomorrow. I'm SOL with this one. Support was adamant that the item wasn't a return, display or compromised in any way. Typical.

Anyone else had a similar experience with Blizzard? I've honestly never been shit on by their gear store like this before.
    Most people won't agree with you, but I personally would be very upset with this. First and foremost, it was fucking opened. Two, there is clear damage and use. Not only would I demand a refund, I would demand that the next item be shipped for free.

- - - Updated - - -

This isn't appreciable damage, and this is a customer satisfaction issue, which is between the customer and the vendor. If the vendor won't issue a refund, that's that. It doesn't magically give you the right to get your credit card company to do a chargeback.

And your Amazon example is also not grounds for a chargeback. You need to take it up with Amazon. Doing a chargeback in that case is not different in any respect than just shoplifting the book out of a brick-and-mortar store.

It's particularly silly since the OP said he could get a refund, but just didn't like the timeline for the new item, since it was intended to be a gift.

There is an expectation when purchasing an item. I've had this argument many times. When you purchase an item online, the expectation is that it is new, and undamaged. If at any point it does not meet the expectation (as displayed by their advertisement) and they refuse to refund it is entirely in all forms fraud and worthy of a chargeback.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    Most people won't agree with you, but I personally would be very upset with this. First and foremost, it was fucking opened. Two, there is clear damage and use. Not only would I demand a refund, I would demand that the next item be shipped for free.
    Okay but why though? Part of the refund would include your shipping. So...technically speaking, your next item would ship for free? And if you do a replacement then shipping is typically free on that and they send you prepaid shipping labels to send the 'defective' product back.

Really don't know where this idea that people are ENTITLED to free shit just because something goes wrong. You're literally the guy in McDonald's demanding a free meal because your hambuger had pickles on it and you 'SPECIFICALLY' said NO PICKLES. RAWR RAWR RAWR.

Seriously, the customer is always right is one of the biggest fallacies in recent history, especially considering the ABSOLUTE FACT that the customer is usually an idiot.

Part of ordering shit online is not getting to personally inspect the item first hand and potentially having to talk to a CSR to get a replacement/refund. If you don't like that, then don't shop online. Plain and simple. OP is just made they had ONE bad experience and suddenly they're all:

edit: On a side note, not that it's really a joking matter, but has anyone actually ever watched this music video? When it hits that apex I fucking lose it every time. I get it's an analogy for the impact death has on a family but god damn, could whoever directed this have picked something a little less hilarious looking? Sorry. I'm a bad person. I'll be going now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    There is an expectation when purchasing an item. I've had this argument many times. When you purchase an item online, the expectation is that it is new, and undamaged. If at any point it does not meet the expectation (as displayed by their advertisement) and they refuse to refund it is entirely in all forms fraud and worthy of a chargeback.
    If you notice a damaged item in a store, can you just take it and walk out? If you take an item home and notice it has breakage, can you demand a refund and keep the item?

The answer to both questions is obviously "no". You're wrong on this.

That's completely false, if something is damaged and in this case it is, it's considered appreciable damage. That's the bottom line, he paid for something, got something damaged.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's completely false, if something is damaged and in this case it is, it's considered appreciable damage. That's the bottom line, he paid for something, got something damaged.
    Which means he can return it for a refund and such.

It does NOT mean you can do a chargeback. That's for cases of fraud.

I don't get these funko pops. I keep getting them from people as gifts, sometimes in loot crates, my family even sends them to me sometimes. I just turn around and give them away to people who do like them. I just recently gave away a Doc Brown one and a Wolverine. I don't get the hype behind them at all. I find them ugly and lame. Sorry guys, I get they can be cool, but I just don't get the fascination behind them.
    Yes, I draw my own avatars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Advocate Cheeks View Post
    So I decide to order the Blizzard Store exclusive D.VA pop vinyl for my SO's upcoming birthday. It's her favorite hero and preferred skin in-game, which makes it double awesome. After a little bit of a shipping delay (which is really no big deal), I noticed something odd upon opening the shipping container:

*snip*

And the biggest kick in the pants? It'll take weeks to replace, unless I order another one and opt for the refund on the busted one (which will take over a month to process) and either way, her birthday is day after tomorrow. I'm SOL with this one. Support was adamant that the item wasn't a return, display or compromised in any way. Typical.

Anyone else had a similar experience with Blizzard? I've honestly never been shit on by their gear store like this before.
    I've had several Funko Pop figures with crappy quality. You're blaming the wrong company.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pawstruck View Post
    "I have discovered the fact that manufacturing processes are imperfect. I should make a thread on the MMO-C forums about this!"

I just don't understand people's thought processes (or lack thereof) sometimes... People are human. They make mistakes. I'm betting their customer service treated you very well; don't take it for granted.

Yeah I don't get it either. If he contacted Blizzard and gave these photo's, i'm sure he'd recieve either a complete refund or a new item. Worse things happen at sea.

Which means he can return it for a refund and such.

It does NOT mean you can do a chargeback. That's for cases of fraud.
    If they refuse a refund, which is what I stated, he is entitled to a chargeback.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they refuse a refund, which is what I stated, he is entitled to a chargeback.
    Not automatically.

Chargebacks are for fraud. If you can't return the item for some reason (including the seller not accepting returns), that doesn't magically enable you to do a chargeback. A chargeback when you've received the item in question is chargeback fraud, and is functionally no different than shoplifting.

1. Buy Chinese made garbage toy based on garbage game
    2. Get upset about the quality without considering the source
    3. Accept best possible outcome, put it in the bin and stop wasting your money

*edit* - I take this all back, its made in Vietnam. You are completely correct it should be much higher quality because I hear Vietnam is the vanguard of plastic toy creation.
    Last edited by TheDestinatus; 2018-01-16 at 06:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yuck, that's some bad packing.

Not automatically.

Chargebacks are for fraud. If you can't return the item for some reason (including the seller not accepting returns), that doesn't magically enable you to do a chargeback. A chargeback when you've received the item in question is chargeback fraud, and is functionally no different than shoplifting.
    Except it isn't lmao. When you pay for something, especially something new, you're expecting it to be in pristine new condition, not scratched, chipped, or anything of the sort. If the Retailer, in this case Blizzard, refuses to refund your money for something damage, you are entitled to a chargeback. I'm done having to repeat myself because you have no idea what you're talking about. So stop quoting me, thanks.