Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    There are some very stupid people in the world unfortunately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Looking at the current threads, yes.
    Ooooh boy. Guess that backfired for Blizz. Maybe they should have come out and said it, but I guess that would ruin the surprise.

And no, before someone quotes that Lore post to me, that's not at all clear and way too open for interpretation.
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2018-01-16 at 07:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    Why not? I think they will be, just like the PTR.
    The reason i think that is they just stated that 7.3.5’s story will unlock incrementally and that all of the dialogue that takes place in the Embassy is related to recruiting the Allied Races (btw, is Allied Races supposed to be capitalized?). Seems out of place imo if you can’t actually recruit them yet.

Same way I think Thunder Totem and the Nighthold won’t become phased to the Horde yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Did anyone actually think they were coming at launch without pre-order?
    If they have to be tied to the pre-order, why don't we have the pre-order yet? I don't care whether the allied races are tied to the pre-order and I believe those who want them don't care either. The issue is different: it has been 3 months, the patch is damn small, and when it finally - after a long wait - comes out, turns out that it comes out only in half, and the other half will either come later or maybe "soon (tm)", nobody knows and they aren't saying.

Like I said, they are just kiting players. Throw a small bait here and there, then delay-delay-delay-jump-jump-jump, then ship half of it and continue. It's blatant. Blizzard are becoming a textbook example of how to do very little, ship even less, yet pretend that you are doing a good job.

The patch release was pretty abrupt too, zero communication about the patch for ages (granted it was holiday season in there) then an 8hr maintenance announcement with no patch information. Then the day before patch we get a blue post confirming the patch and we get PTR notes that are *outdated* (they still said legendary currency tokens were 175 essence).

It feels very rushed and last minute, considering how long the PTR server was down, how late the announcement was and how little of what was seen on PTR is even live tomorrow.

Patch is pretty irrelevant to most of us now, standard weekly reset bois. Looking forward to 2 more weeks of turbo hype for Jan 30th....

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    If they have to be tied to the pre-order, why don't we have the pre-order yet? I don't care whether the allied races are tied to the pre-order and I believe those who want them don't care either. The issue is different: it has been 3 months, the patch is damn small, and when it finally - after a long wait - comes out, turns out that it comes out only in half, and the other half will either come later or maybe "soon (tm)", etc.

Like I said, they are just kiting players. Throw a small bait here and there, then delay-delay-delay-jump-jump-jump, then ship half of it and continue. It's blatant, Blizzard are going to be a textbook example of how to do very little, ship even less, yet pretend that you are doing a good job.
    Having Allied Races ready to go at 7.3.5's launch never meant they'll be available at launch. They're still BfA content and as such still tied to the pre-order which isn't at all required to come out with 7.3.5's release either. I can't believe people are complaining about the possibility of getting Allied Races early not being early enough when they were never officially announced for 7.3.5 in the first place. Yeah, 7.3.5 is a pretty small patch if you consider all the content it has locked behind pre-order/time gating but compared to 7.2.5 or 7.1.5 there isn't really that much of a difference. Hell, it's had the shortest PTR cycle of all the .5 patches and it arguably brings the most stuff that could have broken out of all of them (character model system updates with some pretty hefty file format changes, new database format, level scaling). Don't be such a negative nancy.

Having Allied Races ready to go at 7.3.5's launch never meant they'll be available at launch. They're still BfA content and as such ...
    Nobody cares.

Why the heck are we talking about this at all? Because there is nothing to do and there have been nothing to do for a long time. All their supposedly smart trick of delaying every raid tier by 2 months did is created an emptiness, common for the period of nothing between expansions, but this time in the middle of the expansion. People were running out of things to do before Argus - which they also timegated to the hell and back - and Argus didn't hold for too long either. This period of "here's a little content" - "OK, thanks, but I am done with it in a week and am now waiting" - <a long wait and then things repeat with another small bit of content> started just months after the release of the expansion this time! That's the big picture.

As I said, the issue is that they are spending 3 months to release a tiny patch which without the allied races is just disappearingly small.

As I said, they are blatantly kiting players from one month to the next and from one season to the next (who knows maybe it will go to year-level some time in the future). It is seen with a naked eye.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    Looking forward to 2 more weeks of turbo hype for Jan 30th....
    If this turns out to be something like Feb 28th, it'd be one more good laugh.
    Last edited by rda; 2018-01-16 at 10:04 AM.

Nobody cares.

As I said, the issue is that they are spending 3 months to release a tiny patch which without the allied races is just disappearingly small.
    And so were 7.1.5 and 7.2.5. I don't see how this is different from how it has been during Legion or even WoD. I'm not saying it is a good thing, but it's not anything new either.

ITT: How dares the blizzard not to fulfill my misguided assumptions.
    Never change plebs, never change.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ooooh boy. Guess that backfired for Blizz. Maybe they should have come out and said it, but I guess that would ruin the surprise.

And no, before someone quotes that Lore post to me, that's not at all clear and way too open for interpretation.
    The strings prove that they're pre-order content (as you obviously know for yourself), whether it comes in a fix before 8.0 or in 8.0 itself, but I do agree that they should have just said it; especially since the amount of allied race content they added in the PTR. They're practically fully implemented and a lot of people do look at datamined content (and people talking about it just leads to people who don't look at the content asking about it). I'd imagine their play is to wait until pre-orders open up to fully disclose what their plans are for allied races in Legion, but I don't think that was the best idea. Either way, we're past that point so we just pretty much have to wait.

As for Lore's post, I believed (and still do) that it was in reference to the Dark Iron datamined stuff, since they did have some stuff for them in the files that were able to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    The strings prove that they're pre-order content, whether it comes in a fix before 8.0 or in 8.0 itself (as you obviously know for yourself), but I do agree that they should have just said it; especially since the amount of allied race content they added in the PTR. They're practically fully implemented and a lot of people do look at datamined content (and people talking about it just leads to people who don't look at the content asking about it). I'd imagine their play is to wait until pre-orders open up to fully disclose what their plans are for allied races in Legion, but I don't think that was the best idea. Either way, we're past that point so we just pretty much have to wait.
    Yeah, I guess they hoped MMOC/WoWHead wouldn't pay that much attention to it or something? *shrugs*

As for Lore's post, I believed (and still do) that it was in reference to the Dark Iron datamined stuff, since they did have some stuff for them in the files that were able to be seen.
    Good point, hadn't even considered that.

And so were 7.1.5 and 7.2.5. I don't see how this is different from how it has been during Legion or even WoD. I'm not saying it is a good thing, but it's not anything new either.
    And so were 7.1.5 and 7.2.5, agreed.

I am saying it is bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably the only thing I'll be doing is the Ulduar Timewalking raid, whenever that comes out and the story-line post Argus if there is much of it. Other than that, levelling change won't be touched by me until allied races /SadPanda

They definitely need to give the change some more umph, I feel like it is missing a lot of spark to get some of us interested as some of us already have too many alts and can't be bothered creating more duplicates.

And so were 7.1.5 and 7.2.5, agreed.

I am saying it is bad.
    Why bother rehashing the same negativity over and over then? It adds nothing new to the conversation.

Why bother rehashing the same negativity over and over then? It adds nothing new to the conversation.
    We were discussing 7.3.5. That it came out half-done was new. This reinforced the notion that Blizzard are doing very little, yes, but it's not like I started complaining about 6.1 or something.

We were discussing 7.3.5. That it came out half-done was new. This reinforced the notion that Blizzard are doing very little, yes, but it's not like I started complaining about 6.1 or something.
    I'm not sure half-done is the right word, but fair enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    What in 7.3.5 is half done? The allied races?

In a way, yes. They put a lot of work into them and basically implemented them and didn't get to finish them by tomorrow, but since they're pre-order content and were never announced to actually be part on the 7.3.5 patch, can you really say that it's half done? 7.3.5 is coming out with everything that it set out to achieve. Your argument is like saying a patch like 7.2 or 7.3 were half done because the raids never came out in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

What in 7.3.5 is half done? The allied races?

In a way, yes. They put a lot of work into them and basically implemented them and didn't get to finish them by tomorrow, but since they're pre-order content and were never announced to actually be part on the 7.3.5 patch, can you really say that it's half done? 7.3.5 is coming out with everything that it set out to achieve.
    Use whatever word you want, the point is that the patch was small even with the allied races and so without the allied races people need a microscope to see it. And they managed to kite people with it for 3 months already and we are still counting, for perspective.

- - - Updated - - -

PS: Why do you think we have these allied races and all this story with them coming before 8.0 to begin with? Because they have just very little to keep people subbed. This isn't a secret to anyone, it is seen freely everywhere and obviously seen in their stats. *That's* why they started looking for things they could decouple from 8.0 and deliver earlier. The preview of a BG is in the same bucket. These talks about how this or that was not officially said to be part of 7.3.5 just misses the big picture completely.

I do agree that they should have just said it
    They did say, either before or shortly after the PTR started, that Allied Races wouldn't come with 7.3.5, even suggesting (not with these words) that they wouldn't come until the major patch number is 8.
    Thing is, we in this thread as well as others viewed that as a white lie, that this patch would at least pave the way for ARs, to be released a significant time before 8.0 - and that's still not disproven, but hardly anyone who had been following this thread closely really assumed they would come with the release of the patch already. It just spiraled out of control due to coverage, and especially random threads like "omg, there's AR stuff on the PTR, that must mean they're coming soon, right?"
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    They did say, either before or shortly after the PTR started, that Allied Races wouldn't come with 7.3.5, even suggesting (not with these words) that they wouldn't come until the major patch number is 8.
    Thing is, we in this thread as well as others viewed that as a white lie, that this patch would at least pave the way for ARs, to be released a significant time before 8.0 - and that's still not disproven, but hardly anyone who had been following this thread closely really assumed they would come with the release of the patch already. It just spiraled out of control due to coverage, and especially random threads like "omg, there's AR stuff on the PTR, that must mean they're coming soon, right?"
    They should start encrypting everything so people dont get wrong idea from dataminers.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    They should start encrypting everything so people dont get wrong idea from dataminers.
    I'm still somewhat surprised they didn't, really. They've already encrypted some of the shop stuff related to the BfA pre-order and other stuff that is way less important than allied races. I guess it might have been too much work seeing there's so many files.

Then again, they already use the new race models near the embassies etc so it's not exactly useful to encrypt. Answered my own question, nice.