Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Thumbs up 7.3.5 All dungeons now reward Personal Loot.

Best patch note, ever. If you don't like this change, my condolences.

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    Best patch note, ever. If you don't like this change, my condolences.
    Forgive my ignorance but does it make a difference? I ask it seriously. No pun intended. What will it change for us?

Quote Originally Posted by silkworm View Post
    What will it change for us?
    Well for one, it will make transmog farming considerably easier for completionists
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    Well for one, it will make transmog farming considerably easier for completionists
    How will it make it easier if you on average only get one drop per run and your rogue can't get the intellect cloak?

Hope it can be turned off.

7+ Year Old Account
    I do have 2 issues with it, even if personal loot does have it's advantage..

1: RPers. There are a lot of people RPing female characters who wear leather, mail or plate who would love to dress some of those robes, but no longer can't.

2: It limits transmog collection in some cases. Someone brought up that as a rogue, you can no longer get "Off-hand", nor ranged weapons (Bow/Crossbow/Guns) - which is bit of an annoyance as they can actually collect their transmog bits that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    How will it make it easier if you on average only get one drop per run
    You don't. You're guaranteed a piece of loot when soloing lower level dungeons, so now your loot table goes from a potential 5-10 to 1-3 available items per class.

The only real disadvantage is not being able to collect all weapons on a warrior if that's the only thing you're interested in
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    I do have 2 issues with it, even if personal loot does have it's advantage..

1: RPers. There are a lot of people RPing female characters who wear leather, mail or plate who would love to dress some of those robes, but no longer can't.

2: It limits transmog collection in some cases. Someone brought up that as a rogue, you can no longer get "Off-hand", nor ranged weapons (Bow/Crossbow/Guns) - which is bit of an annoyance as they can actually collect their transmog bits that way.
    Can't 100% guarantee since I didn't test the PTR, but I'm fairly certain this change is for random groups through the dungeon finder since lowbie dungeons have been group loot and had issues with everyone just rolling need on items regardless of usability. I'd imagine you could go into a dungeon solo or in a manually formed group and set the loot system to whatever you want, allowing transmog and acquisition of items typically not on your loot table.

Quote Originally Posted by silkworm View Post
    Forgive my ignorance but does it make a difference? I ask it seriously. No pun intended. What will it change for us?

If you prefer to level via dungeons, it might actually help getting loot that's genuinely useful and help negate scenarios where, for example, an intellect ring drops and everyone including the strength/agility players roll need... which happens pretty often.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2018-01-16 at 07:34 AM.

R.I.P. loot whores.

Finally.

Here's the thing though. Level 15-60 dungeons were converted to forced personal loot quite a while ago (although for whatever reason it only works in Eastern Kingdoms dungeons for me).

And by forced, I do mean that you cannot manually switch to group loot.
    But it's still a far more efficient way of farming transmog than the group loot dungeons.
    The only issue I've found is that rings, necks and cloaks are now available for all classes and specs, so getting transmog loot off of bosses like Emperor Thaurissan who drops all 3 in addition to a trinket for melee is somewhat annoying.

Wrong. It makes it harder for completionists considerably. Without personal loot you can get all items you can equip. Personal Loot you are forced to run multiple classes even if you didn't want to just so you can complete gear for your main.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Wrong. It makes it harder for completionists considerably. Without personal loot you can get all items you can equip. Personal Loot you are forced to run multiple classes even if you didn't want to just so you can complete gear for your main.
    Well let me clarify then. Personal loot makes it considerably easier for completionists to collect all transmog available to all classes assuming they have at least a one of any clothie, a rogue for agility daggers, a hunter for ranged weapons and a warrior/paladin.

Of those, only rogue and hunter are unique in their access to certain weapon types, but those 4 will allow you to collect anything.

Deleted
    Well let me clarify then. Personal loot makes it considerably easier for completionists to collect all transmog available to all classes assuming they have at least a one of any clothie, a rogue for agility daggers, a hunter for ranged weapons and a warrior/paladin.

Of those, only rogue and hunter are unique in their access to certain weapon types, but those 4 will allow you to collect anything.
    Remove warrior and only take paladin in plate. Chlothies don't share their weapon types, so if you roll a priest, you won't get int swords, if you roll a WL you won't get int maces. Warrior won't get them either, so go with pally.

And I´m not sure, if there are any leather/mail int only items left in the vanilla/tbc/wrath loot table. If there are, you need a shaman/druid for that. But the druid should be able to get agi daggers too, so no need for a rogue.

The transmog team then would be cloth, druid, hunter(+shaman), paladin. Any loot you can't get with this team apart from tier sets?

So actually it will be harder to complete it. Good luck getting that int plate item that was made for holy paladins. If you don't have a paladin. And god forbid your agility sword user wants a strength weapon(survival hunter) And god forbid you play a feral druid. FERALS CANT equip daggers. Yet its their artifact is fucking daggers.

Unless they also change that this patch.

Source for feral and dagger, as I gave up on ferals since it sucks: http://www.wowhead.com/item=29346/feltooth-eviscerator Notice no feral listed.
    These day's Im washed, playing VRchat instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    How will it make it easier if you on average only get one drop per run and your rogue can't get the intellect cloak?
    As far as I know there are no longer intellect cloaks? They have agility/intellect/strength for your class.

Corrent me if I'm wrong, I'm not sure though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vluffyvlaush View Post
    the druid should be able to get agi daggers too, so no need for a rogue.
    I believe druids are unable to get agility daggers. I realize their artifact is a dagger, but druids aren't normally able to dual wield. It's why they've used 2h maces, staves and polearms exclusively in previous expansions.

That said, I agree with the paladin for covering whatever weapon type the clothie can't wield, but the clothie class still doesn't matter.
    I'd personally go with a mage for portals

Deleted
    I believe druids are unable to get agility daggers. I realize their artifact is a dagger, but druids aren't normally able to dual wield. It's why they've used 2h maces, staves and polearms exclusively in previous expansions.

That said, I agree with the paladin for covering whatever weapon type the clothie can't wield, but the clothie class still doesn't matter.
    I'd personally go with a mage for portals
    Dual wield shouldn't be needed for that. I will log onto my druid and check if vanilla daggers are in the feral loottable

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    As far as I know there are no longer intellect cloaks? They have agility/intellect/strength for your class.

Corrent me if I'm wrong, I'm not sure though.
    Lower level gear still acts with the single main stat system afaik...
    I had this cloak on my Hunter untill 4 months ago, and he got intellect from it. http://www.wowhead.com/item=40723/di...-of-the-kumiho

Madness will consume you!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    you can easily use the groupfinder tool while solo farming, just list the group and you can change the loot to group loot. Now you can loot everything what is possible to drop

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaze View Post
    you can easily use the groupfinder tool while solo farming, just list the group and you can change the loot to group loot. Now you can loot everything what is possible to drop
    All i wish is that you would not be required to create ghost group to do this. It should be option that you just toogle like raid difficulty.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaze View Post
    Would be nice if they could just let you change the loot system if you go in with a pre-made group, rather than the LFG system. I feel that a pre-made group would be a lot easier to decide what kind of loot system you want, rather than with random people. x_x