Thread: No news?

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

No news?

It's been 2 1/2 months already, and no news on vanilla progress. Blizzard has become a mute company with no abilty to communicate to fans. This way hype dies, and when vanilla finally releases people stopped caring as much. I wish I got a month / estimate of time, so I can plan / look forward to it. Rather I'm prolly going to do get into somthing else and not bother playing once it is released. It's sad

They clearly said they didn't even start working on it yet on blizzcon

Quote Originally Posted by mrsohta View Post
    They clearly said they didn't even start working on it yet on blizzcon
    "But werdt do u meen evry1 nose its coming be4 BFA lol??"

They don't usually talk about things "until they are ready to", ie they probably have a lot of debate and design going on at the moment and are experimenting internally. Eventually they'll reach a stage where they're ready to talk to the community directly about it. I'm sure they're still compiling feedback in the meantime though.

But you know, my opinion has always been that Classic will be released at least 6 months after it was announced. It was only in the concept phase back in Blizzcon. I'd expect at least another month before we even hear anything. Blizzard is sloooooooow. Especially about sensitive/difficult things like this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darthlegolas View Post
    "But werdt do u meen evry1 nose its coming be4 BFA lol??"
    Honestly, at this stage... I assume BFA must be mid to late 2018? At this rate it'll likely be coming out at the same time, and I'd be surprised if they launch Classic at such a sensitive point, might not come out until 2019...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightshadow86 View Post
    It's been 2 1/2 months already, and no news on vanilla progress. Blizzard has become a mute company with no abilty to communicate to fans. This way hype dies, and when vanilla finally releases people stopped caring as much. I wish I got a month / estimate of time, so I can plan / look forward to it. Rather I'm prolly going to do get into somthing else and not bother playing once it is released. It's sad
    What a load of rubbish! They're far from mute, I see posts by them all the time, Of course they haven't given updates on this! They clearly said it's very early stages, There won't be anything to update you on for a very long time, I hope you're not this impatient IRL :P

Don't expect news of vanilla at least until gamescom/Blizzcon. BFA beta is imminent and they aren't going to divert people's attention from that.

I think silence is a very effective way to communicate, that they dont have anything ready to show, yet. Its not like they were unclear about the fact that they are just starting. Blizzard isnt some early access startup company, that goes bancrupt, if they dont share what they are doing every week.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

And what are they supposed to say ?
    There is not some new feature to talk about, everything that will be there you already know about and probably already played through.

They will give a date when they themself know, its not like most people think, start servers, install vanilla wow and all done, they actually have to adjust way outdated code to work on new modern servers, and which each code changed it might fuck up something else.

2,5 months? There has been almost no BfA news in that time, and that's what they're focusing on. Maybe they have a plan by next Blizzcon.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't expect news on Classic until GamesCom or BlizzCon, honestly.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

And tomorrow it will be 2 months and a half and 1 day away, when they have a plan how to make it and release it you and everyone interested in vanilla will be the first to know.

no major news till blizzcon, its playable at con BFA comes out either right b4 or after blizzcon.. vanilla summer/fall 2019. my predictions
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

5+ Year Old Account
    We can be certain of one thing: It wont release close to any other major blizzard release, so either long before Bfa or long after Bfa.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

I don’t think it will be out until probably late 2019 or early 2020

10+ Year Old Account
    So not talking about the things YOU want them to talk about means they are mute with no ability to communicate.

Okay.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    no major news till blizzcon, its playable at con BFA comes out either right b4 or after blizzcon.. vanilla summer/fall 2019. my predictions
    This is one of the most reasonable, sane predictions I've seen on these forums. There are people here that have said we'll have it by June/July of this year and I'm like... what fantasy world do you live in?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

They hadn't even started working on the new client when they made the announcement. All they had was some infrastructure in place and an old build up and running for reference. Don't expect any news for another 5 months.

No news is good news.

What updates are they supposed to give you? Everything in Classic is already known.

"Hey guys, we just wanted to check in and tell you that Molten Core will still be Molten Core. Also, the races for the Alliance are still going to be human, Night Elf, Dwarf, and Gnome and for the Horde they will still be Orc, Troll, Tauren, and Forsaken. Level Cap is 60. "
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    So not talking about the things YOU want them to talk about means they are mute with no ability to communicate.

Okay.
    no, I play mostly hearthstone, same thing there.

its more about, "progress update" part. they could release "we are aware of this, and will work on this" etc
    Last edited by Lightshadow86; 2018-01-16 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post

Okay.

- - - Updated - - -

This is one of the most reasonable, sane predictions I've seen on these forums. There are people here that have said we'll have it by June/July of this year and I'm like... what fantasy world do you live in?
    probably the same world where they think BFA comes out in april >.>
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22