Poll: What do you think of the next expansion?

Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I don't think I will be on the forum much longer, honestly. Things are dying.
    Thank the lords and everything that is holy. My prayers have been answered!

BFA is low effort, unexciting WoD 3.0.
    I think that Legion was a big push for increasing the subscription numbers and getting WoW back on it's previous days of glory. And... it failed. Maybe it did not lose subscriptions as fast as WoD, but it did not gain millions of new subscriptions either.

So, as a result, Blizzard is now redirecting everyone who is at least a bit capable to their other games, and leaving the people we saw at Blizzcon in the WoW team. And not only these people have no idea how to run the game, but they are facing a shortage of development resources, so their only choice is to copy/paste old features and present them as new.

Chilton saw where this is going and left while he could, just as Metzen did a while before.

This game is dying and is now on life support. It is not worth the money they are asking for it.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2017-11-21 at 01:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    Actually I wasn't referring to the fighting. That was pretty dam obvious that the factions would clash. I was talking about the question asked at the end. "Why do we fight?" With the combat school you see in the cutscene you get the feeling that Pandas have something they are constantly fighting. He talks about protecting your loved ones so we can see the hints about the Sha and Bug People. Then later on it's get revealed that troll empire is also really close and war breaks out over the titan relics. Finally it circles back around to the beginning with horde and alliance fighting. They work together against bigger external threats but fight each other when none are present.

Go back to the battle for Azeroth cutscene. We see none of this. Absolutely nothing but a giant and that the Faction Leaders will play a huge role on the frontlines. So any external threats are going to be completely unrelated or happen by chance as we explore the ocean. I wouldn't be surprised if the void pops up as it was highly referenced by the nightborne and legion and thought to be the next expansion.
    Funny, I had a totally different impression of that Panda scene. For me, they are ready to fight for an important reason, and thus they are training and are vigilant. But they don't start fights with others. While Horde and Alliance are constantly starting fights. Pandaren are defenders, while H&A are agressors in MoP. I have played both sides through quests, it's pretty obvious that these factions are mirrors in this regard. Only later, when Garrosh embraces the Sha and Anduin rejects it, the factions separate. Though the Horde also has its rebels which don't follow Garrosh's course.

I am very tired of this whole faction war thing, and that it's constantly the Horde who is made responsible. I want to pledge my allegiance to my Class Orders and leave both Horde and Alliance behind. Anyway, Alliance has its share of warmongers. They should for once be responsible of igniting the war.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    I think that Legion was a big push for increasing the subscription numbers and getting WoW back on it's previous days of glory. And... it failed. Maybe it did not lose subscriptions as fast as WoD, but it did not gain millions of new subscriptions either.

So, as a result, Blizzard is now redirecting everyone who is at least a bit capable to their other games, and leaving the people we saw at Blizzcon in the WoW team. And not only these people have no idea how to run the game, but they are facing a shortage of development resources, so their only choice is to copy/paste old features and present them as new.

Chilton saw where this is going and left while he could, just as Metzen did a while before.

This game is dying and is now on life support. It is not worth the money they are asking for it.
    This is what I am thinking as well. They don't even care anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post

Yes to all of this.

I would change some small details, but the gist, I believe, is entirely correct. They are putting all their bets away from WoW into other games. They are minimizing the effort they spend on WoW. The latter reflects in complete lack of new things and in all features being bland and boring repeats / reuses plus things that are damn easy to do. The completely unimpressive amount of new features in BFA and the completely barren presentation of it are reflections of the bigger picture that we had since WoD.

Things are dying. (Frankly, you can see it everywhere. This very forum we are on, for example, is significantly smaller than it was before by unique visitors / other stats from external sources. The life is moving elsewhere, just gradually. And BFA - from what we can see - will absolutely continue this, it won't stop the bleeding, just like Legion didn't stop it one bit.)
    Last edited by rda; 2017-11-21 at 04:12 PM.

I would like to see the red vs blue war we have coming to a head, and resulting in a break down of battle lines entirely. No more alliance and horde, just people trying to stop the next big bad.

7+ Year Old Account
    woah, the thing isn't even out yet!

Don't poo poo it until it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Washington state, united states of america.
    It's not even in alpha yet. (Or at least open information alpha). I'm not as psyched for it as I was for legion. But I didn't have a pit of despair with it like with warlords of Draenor. I'm excited for the old god lore/story that they're masking behind the surface. Which makes sense considering that's how the old gods operate. (I still think they're behind the burning of Teldrassil and provoking the war). It'll be interesting to see more lore regarding Zandalari, and the Kul'Tirans who we've barely heard from in world of warcraft. I'm also somewhat interested in the allied races. My warlock will become a nightborn in a heartbeat. Also on a semi related note excited for level scaling. I kind of wish for pure level scaling like ESO but this "per region" is fine enough for now. (The storyline is so messed up I don't see the issue with starting in Outland, then going to Azeroth mainland, then Northrend, etc but oh well). I was hoping for MORE interstellar travel and the likes but the fantasy crybabies didn't like it, so back to a glorified version of "Orc's versus humans" I was hoping for more things transcending faction. The factions outside of PvP is just annoying imho. But oh well it is what it is. I'd rate my hype/excitement 6.5/10. (WoD was 2/10, Legion 10/10, MoP was 9/10, Cataclysm was 7/10, Wrath was 9/10). TBPH I feel like it'll start out similar to Cata. Now how it ends could be on a better not. The only thing that saved Cata in the end was transmog.

- - - Updated - - -

It's also a non-issue for me on the hype because RL stuff had me unable to play from 7.1-7.3. I just started playing again about a month or so again. And I have so much to do, including leveling all my alts which I put off doing in 7.0 and 7.1 to focus on a main for once.

I actually hope it comes later rather than sooner so that I can get all the challenge artifacts. Yes ALL 36 of them. Since it's been confirmed they will be unobtainable in 8.0.
    Last edited by serendipity11; 2017-11-28 at 02:39 AM.
    Let's get 1 thing straight, I'm not

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again pattern recognition is shouted down in favour of blind hope. It never matters how right we've been in the past or how many first impressions formed a foundation of truth- the "wait and see"..people who refuse to learn a thing continue to bray. WoW is not complex or mysterious, what you see is quite often an accurate representation of what's coming and this first glance is enough to show that things won't be changing for the better, why? Because we've seen this same situation enough times to know how blizzard works.

Faction conflict remains as contrived as ever-at this point nobody deserves to live after dropping the ball time and again.

I'll play it but I think my investment is done. I understand the meta logic behind nightborn horde and choose to ignore the in-game logic being trampled to make it happen. Same for the void elves, I understand why it was pushed even if it makes Limited sense at best
    Wrath baby and proud of it

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Im annoyed that they went back to thier insipid and utterly pointless Faction War. We all know that well be fighting side by side once again by the end of the expansion, if not sooner.

I do love the Zandalari art, but Kultiras looks like just another boring human settlement.

All in all, id say im more or less indifferent to the proposed content for the start of BfA. Hopefully things will get interesting once the Naga start some shit leading into tier two.

Considering it's not out yet, and they haven't really announced anything kind of a subjective poll. From what they have announced, I'm beyond excited for the advanced AI in the island scenario thing. They seemed to be extremely proud of their work they way they talked about it. The warfronts sound like a cool concept but no idea how it'll work sounds like a reworked PvE ashran. Not a fan of the allied races, I would rather just have more customization options to existing classes. Just from what they have said, it seems that he advanced AI and warfronts are the key features for this expansion and hopefully they come out with more information about these and really invest as much time as they can into them to make them as awesome as I know blizzard can

Disappointed? Well, hard to tell. The upcoming features sound horrible but besides that... the setting is great.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Deleted

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Yes. What is the problem with that? They should be able to remain competitive at the content they are playing by sucessfully completing the content they are playing.

People have jobs, have children and have chores. They don't have time to be forced into constantly doing content they don't enjoy to remain competitive at the game.

Guess what? People just say "Nope" and quit. It's not worth it. As it also doesn't make sense to empower those that do have time to play 24/7. Theres other ways to reward them, be it perks for their alts or beeing able to sell their spare AP/Azerite in the AH. Theres ways to do this that can work, but infinite grinds do not work.

This.

I put WoW aside for Overwatch for some time now (despites OW also having unnerving issues, esp. matchmaking...) and for the first time since Vanilla I'm seriously considering to cancel my wow abo and to not even buy the new expansion. Honestly, despites Legion being really nicely designed in almost any aspect of the game, the way legendaries and artifact weapons were (are) designed absolutely killed my will to even play this game.

So, before buying the new expansion BfA, I'd really need to know how much time has to be put into heartlessly grinding through the same stuff over and over again on a daily basis as well as for how long one would have to do this untill reaching the maximum potential of the artifact weapon like necklace they're going to implement. Will there even be a maximum?? Gosh!

After what? Almost 14 years or so of playing WoW, quests and 5-man dungeon content really aren't the thing for me anymore - I play to raid. And whilst raiding for the most part was enough to stay competitive for raiding in past expansions, despites a necessary but rather limited reputation grind that is, it now has become so overwhelming and dead on unavoidable to play like 24/7 to grind through unenjoyed content just to be able to keep pace with other mythic raids and raiders. Skill simply isn't as important as owning the right items anymore, which is kind of the absolute necessary basic requirement to even get anywhere near entering advanced raiding - and it's a total freaking lottery, let alone the litterally never ending ap grind for any spec and any toon you wanna play. Changing on a comfortable and soon achievable basis? Forget it. Btw first expansion for me to not (somewhat continuously) having played one. single. different. char. other than my main.

So, as regards Battle for Azeroth...

• Running the same dungeons again and again from dusk till dawn just to push one item to a certain state of power as quickly as possible? - Me out.
    • Having to play the (SAME CONTENT of the) game at least 1 & 1/2 up to 2 hours and more daily without a reasonable and final finishing line already being in sight? - Me out.

Simple as that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    That's what will make it a horrible expansion, probably the worst expansion ever. Worse than Legion & TBC.
    TBC? Really? I think you are the only one I have ever seen in 13 years saying that TBC was a bad expansion.

Edit: Also just registered because of that. Hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    In 5.2 there were also elements of the faction war with kirin tor vs blood elves, though the main focus was the thunder king. Then 5.3 and 5.4 were about both sides going after Garrosh. So I don't really feel the war aspect was absent either.

I'm thinking BFA will have the same sort of formula except instead of Garrosh, an outside evil (Azshara or N'zoth probably) being the end goal. In MoP they were also hesitant to spoil where the story was going until the outcry of 'stupid pandas wth is this' was heard and they had to spoil it to ease concerns. And I'm hoping there is plenty more beyond the faction war in BFA too, honestly it wouldn't keep me interested as the main driving force and even blizz have hinted that another threat will emerge as the patches come out. (We know Azshara will be there, N'zoth isn't out of the question either.)
    It would be great to have some sort of Aldor/Scryers situation in general - two factions within Horde/Alliance pro- and against the war with different quests.

It might not be super exciting world-ending threat off the bat, but it will come something bigger than faction warring. Azshara is going to be a big deal, probably some old god stuff, maybe N'Zoth, probably something voidy as well. It might be great. It might bomb. As announces go, it was a bit lackluster, but I'll probably check it out. The start of every expansion has been fun, although MoP and WoD kept my attention for only a few months and Legion was interesting for a bit over half a year. I have a hard time sticking through an entire expansion. Wrath was the pinnacle of WoW for me, after that everything has been ok, or bad. WoW has become a come and go game for me. Every expansion is kinda exciting, although Legion is the first expansion in ages I was like "YES! This is gonna be the best ever". It was good, but not enough for me to stick it out. But now I am back to check out the raids and maybe try the new leveling before BFA. Is all good. WoW is a good game in doses. It is a bad game for continious playing, unless you are a mythic raider perhaps.

Deleted
    I don't think I will be on the forum much longer, honestly. Things are dying.
    Don't get everyone's hopes up now. We know you'll be plaguing this forum with your presence for atleast the entire beta cycle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amez View Post
    TBC? Really? I think you are the only one I have ever seen in 13 years saying that TBC was a bad expansion.

Edit: Also just registered because of that. Hi.
    Then you clearly are newly registered.

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    It would be great to have some sort of Aldor/Scryers situation in general - two factions within Horde/Alliance pro- and against the war with different quests.
    Maybe. Those two factions ended up uniting at the end of BC anyway and the two factions in Sholazar never ended up mattering.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Sorry, but this is the first expansion when i'm already disappointed the day i saw it. The Horde/Alliance conflict is the most boring aspect in World of Warcraft, and now we simply flush all dangers that still awaits us on Azeroth; Old Gods, Azshara, Void Lords down the toilet and crush each other skulls.

And there seems much done for the PvP-Aspect in it, but what about us who don't want to play PvP like these warzones and play exactly because of it on PvE-Server.

Sorry, but this expansion might be the first one i might really skip, although i would love to see Kul Tiras. So anyone else expected something different?
    Well that's always been what Warcraft is about. Alliance vs Horde. Horde vs Alliance. Ever ending Cycle of War. While I do get kind of tried of same aspect still its not Warcraft without the Endless War between both Factions.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    Well that's always been what Warcraft is about. Alliance vs Horde. Horde vs Alliance. Ever ending Cycle of War. While I do get kind of tried of same aspect still its not Warcraft without the Endless War between both Factions.
    I think it's not that people disagree with Horde and Alliance being at war again: it is absolutely moronic that our heroes will be forced to participate in it instead of saving Azeroth. And in the end it will be pointless anyway except for couple of dead leaders on both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Sorry, but this is the first expansion when i'm already disappointed the day i saw it. The Horde/Alliance conflict is the most boring aspect in World of Warcraft, and now we simply flush all dangers that still awaits us on Azeroth; Old Gods, Azshara, Void Lords down the toilet and crush each other skulls.

And there seems much done for the PvP-Aspect in it, but what about us who don't want to play PvP like these warzones and play exactly because of it on PvE-Server.

Sorry, but this expansion might be the first one i might really skip, although i would love to see Kul Tiras. So anyone else expected something different?
    I like the potential the xpac has, but I know its all going to be flushed away 6 months after its release because "que next big bad will show up and we'll all be happy little campers together again" is going to happen.