View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    There isn't an American or British race considering their respective ethnic makeups, how do you get an accusational ism out of that? If ALL (not just the one I linked) performance league tables showed internationally judged Kenyan or Mexican Universities at the top it would be fair to ask the question are those peoples naturally intellectually gifted or is it some other, perhaps societal or governmental, reason. That wouldn't warrant playing the ism or ist card for asking the question regarding their successes either despite the much narrower genetic spectrum of their peoples compared to the US/UK.

It remains the case no global ranking list generated anywhere by anyone would rank any EU University at the top table for education - you can be sure if it did the EU would be trumpeting it from the rooftops. Yet another EU fail.

Or perhaps there is a list with this hallowed EU institution within it, I await to be proven wrong tap tap tap....
    You do realise that EU is not running ANY Universities right? Even if Eu gives money in some form the Univerities are run by their respective countries they are in.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I meantioned that earlier, it's part of economies of scale and scope. But language really gives those two countries an overwhelming advantage. And in the case of the UK, their EU membership also helps. Wealthy people who fail to get into a good university here, pay to study at a decent university in the UK because almost everyone young speaks adequate English and decades of this happening means there are support structures for foreign students in the UK that simply don't exist elsewhere cause the market was not there.
    There is also the point that the inequality between universities varies by country.
    Some countries only care that the best bears their name, others rather have a good average to build upon.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    Did you really just make an argument that Anglo-Saxons are naturally smarter than others based on University rankings? That's easily the worst dribble your dribbled so far, and it is a self-defeating point. You claim to be smarter, yet you apply a ranking that has nothing to do with intelligence, to intelligence. A truly bright person would first see if the comparison even tests for intelligence - which it does not - and then see if the systems are even comparable in the first place - which they are not.
    I could explain to you how, say, the American education system differs fundamentally from the German one, making a comparison like this pretty much moot. But you would not listen anyway, so I am sparing myself the trouble.
    Let's just say that knowledge is indeed power. Acquiring knowledge in the UK and US costs tens of thousands per year. Now, prove how smart you are and follow that trail of money to the conclusion as to why UK and US universities - and those with the same system - score higher than those of other systems.

There is also the money. The education market is a market like any other, so naturally, economics and money explain a lot about those rankings as well.
    Not really, I was making the point that when the world looks for guidance, wisdom and learning excellence it doesn't stop anywhere in the failing EU. The world always asks the tough questions of the UK and US for answers to their unknowns. Their world beating unparalleled insight and acumen is unmatched across the planet.

That's why the answers to Brexit will come from the British, rather than the relatively uneducated unelected EU apparatchiks.

UK and US educational institutions teaching and leading the civilisation of the world as always, twas ever thus.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I meantioned that earlier, it's part of economies of scale and scope. But language really gives those two countries an overwhelming advantage. And in the case of the UK, their EU membership also helps. Wealthy people who fail to get into a good university here, pay to study at a decent university in the UK because almost everyone young speaks adequate English and decades of this happening means there are support structures for foreign students in the UK that simply don't exist elsewhere cause the market was not there.
    That is not the fault of the UK that some through the ages chose an inferior language of communication, it could always be corrected by dropping their minority local dialect that hardly anyone speaks anymore and learning to speak the Mother tongue of English. I suppose all the EU has to do is persuade the French - good luck with that. There are only so many times the British can tell the EU that to be a winner in this global world you need to parlez in English.

Until they accept the obvious the EU will continue to stagnate and fail.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Reducing the number of native languages of your scientists is a sure fire way to reduce the effectiveness of the innovation process.

Not really, I was making the point that when the world looks for guidance, wisdom and learning excellence it doesn't stop anywhere in the failing EU. The world always asks the tough questions of the UK and US for answers to their unknowns. Their world beating unparalleled insight and acumen is unmatched across the planet.

That's why the answers to Brexit will come from the British, rather than the relatively uneducated unelected EU apparatchiks.

UK and US educational institutions teaching and leading the civilisation of the world as always, twas ever thus.

You literally said that UK/US citizens might be naturally smarter based on the ranking you presented. A ranking that says nothing about guidance, wisdom or insight, especially not about any averages. This is just your typical superiority complex making you see connections that are not there. So, how about you provide some sources that actually prove what you are saying, instead of some ranking that is only tangentially related.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    You literally said that UK/US citizens might be naturally smarter based on the ranking you presented. A ranking that says nothing about guidance, wisdom or insight, especially not about any averages. This is just your typical superiority complex making you see connections that are not there. So, how about you provide some sources that actually prove what you are saying, instead of some ranking that is only tangentially related.
    And so that may be the case. For the same reasons Austrian skiers are naturally better than Greek ones, British people surrounded by geographically not the Alps, but exceptional Universities are naturally likely to do better than EU citizens surrounded by third class ones. Or would you dispute the downhill ski medal rankings are not a reflection of the skiing ability of participants in the same way you say educational league tables have nothing to do with the mental ability of their students?

No one has provided evidence to the contrary, explain otherwise the appalling rankings of EU Unis. It has to either be the failure of EU governance to invest wisely in their Universities or that EU people are just a bit dim. Which?

I prefer to think it is yet another example the EU again failing its people by providing poor learning infrastructure. Some might say the EU would prefer to keep their population uninformed as if they did have half a clue the EU would disintegrate tomorrow.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

So wait Dribbles is now supporting british Universities. A place where nearly everyone who went to them and graduated voted remain?

10+ Year Old Account
    Change your name from dribbles to drivels, everything you say is garbage.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...to-dutch-court

interesting stuff. but how to solve that problem ? just give everybody and their grandma freedom of movement as long as they are citizens of UK ?
    Last edited by ranzino; 2018-01-16 at 05:24 PM.

So has Dribbles taken some figures from a headline and filtered them through his ridiculous prejudices to support his misinformed jingoistic worldview without looking deeper into the facts that would destroy his narrative?

As we watch before our eyes the painful collapse of the EU, the very definition of a falling civilisation, I could not agree with you more.
    *Citation needed

Perhaps it does have one or two left that barely anyone can mention. It still remains that a student offered a place at Cambridge or Oxford is not going to say "thanks but no thanks, I'm off to some no name no reputation EU place"
    It depends on what they're studying. But again, you're creating totally artibrary metrics like "top 20 global!" as your bar for success, which is unreasonable.

I mean, let's take the top 10 - UK has 3 and US has 6. So by that measure, the UK, even if it has the "top" on your list, is a shithole and nobody would want to go to school there when the US has literally double the number of top schools.

See how silly an unreasonable that argument is?

[QUOTE=dribbles;48670025]Well you don't know yet, wait until April 2019 when we have left, it is still today being gifted to the EU. People in the UK are dying because of the EU parasite sucking its host dry, preventing current proper funding of the NHS.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7822386.html

Again, you're own Brexit champions admitted it was a lie.

You can bury your head in the sand all you want, it doesn't make you any less wrong.

Well you don't know yet, wait until April 2019 when we have left, it is still today being gifted to the EU. People in the UK are dying because of the EU parasite sucking its host dry, preventing current proper funding of the NHS.
    This is one piece of lying nonsense that I cannot allow to stand. The lack of funds to the NHS is NOTHING to do with the EU, and everything to do with the Tories cutting off the funds it needs to pave the way to privatisation. The suggestion that we can't fund the NHS because of the EU was a lie when the referendum took place, and it is still a lie today. Your posts show a degree of education that tells me that this kind of statement comes purely from a desire to mislead, rather than a lack of understanding. Shame on you.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not really, I was making the point that when the world looks for guidance, wisdom and learning excellence it doesn't stop anywhere in the failing EU. The world always asks the tough questions of the UK and US for answers to their unknowns.
    The "world" is certainly not seeking guidance from the US regarding climate change and alternative energy to fossil fuel.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    So wait Dribbles is now supporting british Universities. A place where nearly everyone who went to them and graduated voted remain?
    I think you are mistaken, from Dec 2017 figures our survey says 68% of students now support Labour. You know that party led by perhaps the only man in the UK more pro-Brexit than Nigel Farage. They might as well vote for UKIP.

http://www.hepi.ac.uk/2017/12/18/two...8-back-remain/

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It depends on what they're studying. But again, you're creating totally artibrary metrics like "top 20 global!" as your bar for success, which is unreasonable.

I mean, let's take the top 10 - UK has 3 and US has 6. So by that measure, the UK, even if it has the "top" on your list, is a shithole and nobody would want to go to school there when the US has literally double the number of top schools.

See how silly an unreasonable that argument is?
    Well by rights with the US population at 5 times the number in total population terms, per capita I would say the UK is doing very well thank you very much. The same could not be said of the EU....

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7822386.html

Again, you're own Brexit champions admitted it was a lie.

You can bury your head in the sand all you want, it doesn't make you any less wrong.
    Very sorry to point this out but your source is 6 months out of date. The latest figures provided by our champions do in fact confirm an error but unfortunately to a far worse position than previously thought. Todays newspapers summarized neatly by amongst many others :-

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/535018...e-438-million/

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    This is one piece of lying nonsense that I cannot allow to stand. The lack of funds to the NHS is NOTHING to do with the EU, and everything to do with the Tories cutting off the funds it needs to pave the way to privatisation. The suggestion that we can't fund the NHS because of the EU was a lie when the referendum took place, and it is still a lie today. Your posts show a degree of education that tells me that this kind of statement comes purely from a desire to mislead, rather than a lack of understanding. Shame on you.
    It is not nonsense but a hard cold fact. There is no magic money tree for the NHS until the radical dissection of the EU tumour sucking UK resources dry. Once complete and in just over a year, after the UK is given the all clear from this cancerous beast, as Surgeon Boris confirms today the NHS will be first in line. In the meantime how remain voters can countenance continuing payments to the EU in neglect of NHS funding as people needlessly go to their graves is more than shameful. It is criminal negligence and when the dust settles after families have had a chance to grieve and bury their loved ones, inquiries should be held and people advocating remain and the syphoning of funds to the EU held accountable.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    The "world" is certainly not seeking guidance from the US regarding climate change and alternative energy to fossil fuel.
    I am willing to bet someone blames climate change on Brexit too

Well by rights with the US population at 5 times the number in total population terms, per capita I would say the UK is doing very well thank you very much. The same could not be said of the EU....
    Do you know what this is? You arbitrarily moving goalposts and creating more arbitrary measures that you never established in the first place to justify your position.

Very sorry to point this out but your source is 6 months out of date. The latest figures provided by our champions do in fact confirm an error but unfortunately to a far worse position than previously thought. Todays newspapers summarized neatly by amongst many others :-

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/535018...e-438-million/
    Yes, he thinks. Let me know when he gets any data to actually back that up. Because he provides about as much data/evidence as your pro-hard-Brexit paper that literally lacked any data or proper analysis and was based almost entirely off of assumption and supposition.

I believe Brits would call this "poppycock".

I think you are mistaken, from Dec 2017 figures our survey says 68% of students now support Labour. You know that party led by perhaps the only man in the UK more pro-Brexit than Nigel Farage. They might as well vote for UKIP.

http://www.hepi.ac.uk/2017/12/18/two...8-back-remain/
    You mean the corbyn that said he'd vote remain if there was another vote right now.

Also you're stil that much of a dumbfuck that you're peddling the whole "If you voted Tory or Labour you back brexit." when everyone not named Dribbles knows that is not the case.

- - - Updated - - -

It is not nonsense but a hard cold fact. There is no magic money tree for the NHS until the radical dissection of the EU tumour sucking UK resources dry. Once complete and in just over a year, after the UK is given the all clear from this cancerous beast, as Surgeon Boris confirms today the NHS will be first in line. In the meantime how remain voters can countenance continuing payments to the EU in neglect of NHS funding as people needlessly go to their graves is more than shameful. It is criminal negligence and when the dust settles after families have had a chance to grieve and bury their loved ones, inquiries should be held and people advocating remain and the syphoning of funds to the EU held accountable.
    You mean the magic money tree that suddenly came into existance when the Tories had to pay a bunch of terrorists to help them be propped up in a minority government.

The only thing that's hurting the NHS is Jeremy Hunt who is on a mission to destroy it. To the point NO NHS worker wants him anywhere near it. Yet inexplicibly keeps getting more and more responsibilities with people's health. If the Tories were even semi competent Hunt would be kicked out of the cabinet and thrown so far to the back benches he'd need binoculars to see the front bench.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    You mean the corbyn that said he'd vote remain if there was another vote right now.

Also you're stil that much of a dumbfuck that you're peddling the whole "If you voted Tory or Labour you back brexit." when everyone not named Dribbles knows that is not the case.
    Well you may not believe me but that is quite correct. Would you believe it from the Labour leader who said it again just last week for what must be the thousandth time?

Jeremy Corbyn has insisted the UK cannot be a member of the single market after Brexit, disappointing some of his pro-European Union MPs. The Labour leader told colleagues that it was not possible to stay in the single market, as he set out his Brexit policy to the parliamentary party on Monday night.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...t-after-brexit

Don't believe me, don't believe him, you are really living in some fluffy non existant PR alternative universe, but it is not really clear which party is taking the most hard Brexit line out of UKIP, Tory, Labour parties. I would think Labour, you? That's who you voted for tactically right?

LOLs whose the dumbfuck now? You hardest of Brexiteer you, welcome to the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's shocking how some people seem to celebrate intentional ignorance over studied forethought and preparation.
    That is not specific to Britain. Remember how Hillary was bashed after the first debate for daring to prepare?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    That is not specific to Britain. Remember how Hillary was bashed after the first debate for daring to prepare?
    Hermione Clinton knew all the answers but only came off as elitist. Sad day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

You know what, I've started writing a few replies to this cesspool of bile and nonsense, but I'm actually going to give up responding to you now. Either your position is so deluded that debate is pointless, or you are behaving this way deliberately to get a rise out of the sane people on this thread. Either way, further discussion with you serves no purpose. But I still hope that one day you can behave like a normal human being. New medicines are being developed every day, after all.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.