Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunahh View Post
    @Thrackerzod and @RamGuy
    Thank you for explaining. If it doesn't ask you all the time for a code then that's actually ok. Thought it would be more of a hassle.
    Still don't know if I'll do it though. 2 extra programs seems a bit excessive, when I know that I can keep my account secure anyway. This is all just because so many people click on every phishing link and share their account info.
    I would have liked it more if they gave out the extra bag slots to everyone, because a bigger bagpack is a feature that the community has asked for for years. And gave out a pet, toy or even mount for using the authenticators.
    The authentication is handled by the launcher, not the game as it used to be in the beginning, unless of-course you run the game executable directly. Other than that, you only need to authenticate once in most cases, and it will last you months or even years. Also, the app is a handy way to deny connections to your account if the unfortunate scenario comes to happen.
    Last edited by Gilgallad; 2018-01-16 at 09:30 AM.

i use 20 slot bags since wotlk and never have any probs with bag space.

a authenticator for 4 slots.. joke of the year!

fuck up with your spy software. i will never use it!
    Last edited by Arvandor; 2018-01-16 at 09:33 AM.

@Thrackerzod and @RamGuy
    Thank you for explaining. If it doesn't ask you all the time for a code then that's actually ok. Thought it would be more of a hassle.
    Still don't know if I'll do it though. 2 extra programs seems a bit excessive, when I know that I can keep my account secure anyway. This is all just because so many people click on every phishing link and share their account info.
    I would have liked it more if they gave out the extra bag slots to everyone, because a bigger bagpack is a feature that the community has asked for for years. And gave out a pet, toy or even mount for using the authenticators.
    Its not really about being "safe" by not clicking phishing links and acting responsibly while using computers and technology. The most "common" way for people to get "hacked" these days are because of server breaches and user information and password database leaking all over the Internet.

You can user your devices 100% responsibly but when a server gets breached and you happen to have an account in whatever database the hackers are able to extract your user information and password will be out there no matter how "safely" you use your own devices.

This is the sole reason why GDPR is being enforced in the EU to force companies to actually take more responsibility as account information, passwords and credit card information is getting leaked left and right these days as most companies don't enforce even basic security practices due to the extra amount of cost and the addition amount of hardware it requires.

When I used the "reset your password" feature on the biggest telecommunication company here in Norway they simply sent me my password in clear text using e-mail... Non-encrypted e-mail.. E-mail is so easily spoofed and gets sent to so many devices using protocols that are so easily compromised. Its beyond ridiculous I couldn't believe it myself and this e-mail is now cached on several servers with my password in clear text.. Bravo.

Not using two-factor in 2018 is pretty much consider being unsecured and unreasonable just because of how often all these user names and passwords gets leaked all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post

You realize it’s an app you only have to use once right?

Quote Originally Posted by 2SLick View Post
    Maybe because people still like to level in WoW? I know, what a strange concept that people actually still like to experience leveling and how these changes will allow a more dynamic experience and flow due to not one shotting every freaking mob and out leveling the zone in 20 minutes.

There's tons to be excited about.

If it's not for you, well that's a you issue, not much can done about that.
    It's the same content though. All they did was nerfing your damage and increased the time it takes to level.
    Thats artificial time gating and most definitely not something to be exited about, no matter if you like leveling or not.

In short: It's a cheap way to sell more level boosts and nothing else.

Deleted
    @Thrackerzod and @RamGuy
    Careful out here. I'm in the same boots as you, yet the plebs that swallowed this purely AD oriented feature tried to torn me into pieces.

All they really had to do with levelling was scale it so it felt somewhat challenging and meaningful, make it so that every mob and quest scales so it gives relevant XP all the time and nothing gets grey half-way through a storyline and make the levelling take about the same time as before. Instead it seems like they are trying to make everything to go way slower in order to push people into purchasing character boosts..

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RamGuy View Post
    All they really had to do with levelling was scale it so it felt somewhat challenging and meaningful, make it so that every mob and quest scales so it gives relevant XP all the time and nothing gets grey half-way through a storyline and make the levelling take about the same time as before. Instead it seems like they are trying to make everything to go way slower in order to push people into purchasing character boosts..
    They did just as you said they should... Mobs and quest now scale (to some extent) so they are not grey, and it takes the same amount of time as before.

Deleted
    *facepalm*

That's the most clueless post of the year. Or even of decade.

You might want to do basic reading on what authenticator does and how it works. Its not new thing that Blizzard invented, its not something that can spy on you. All modern software with decent security use some kind of 2fa authentication, often different authenticator apps that all do the same as Blizzard authenticator does.

You don't need to buy anything. Physical authenticators are thing of past. You need to simply install app on your phone. All that app does is generates numbers for you to enter to confirm that its you trying to log in. It doesn't bother you every time you want to log into game.

i feel like blizzard lied right to our faces about allied races, how dare they not include them on day 1!!!! Game is on its deathbed anyway i guess, time to let an old giant die

Im kinda mad at the M+ changes, I agree that having 5 ress is kinda too much but making it 10min CD is just stupid.

you do know the battlenet app itself scans your wow folder while its running right? lol its how they search for game hacks, in fact most games anti cheat software does the same thing
    its why on destiny 2 for pc alot of people got banned for having cheat software even if it was for older single player games,
    Last edited by Shamu; 2018-01-16 at 01:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Im kinda mad at the M+ changes, I agree that having 5 ress is kinda too much but making it 10min CD is just stupid.
    Dying should have a punishment in M+, hence the change. You shouldn't be able to bypass mechanics just by dying. Plus it makes it fair for all classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    Dying should have a punishment in M+, hence the change. You shouldn't be able to bypass mechanics just by dying. Plus it makes it fair for all classes.
    And how is that? Then lets remove shaman ability to reincarnate or priest shoulders that give free ress every 10min.

The point is, in a raid where you have min 10ppl losing one is 10% loss ( not counting tank ) in 20 or more well its 5% loss ( or even less ) so yeah still possible to do it even if its mythic boss in question ( even if you lose 3-4 ppl, depending on boss HP - not tank ofc but u can lose a healer ) but if you lose healer in M+ you are kinda done ( provided that boss doesnt have small amount of HP ) since most abilities even if u use immunity can kill you fast, like feed on the weak and so on.

So yeah 10min is a alot, 3m-5m would be ok

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRoads View Post
    They did just as you said they should... Mobs and quest now scale (to some extent) so they are not grey, and it takes the same amount of time as before.
    How so? They have bumped the XP requirement with about 40% for 1-60 and comparing how long it takes to kill mobs and finish quests you will spending about twice-third times the amount of time compared to what you would normally spend on the same tasks before the patch.

So you need to get more XP than before in order to reach level 60, and every mob you kill on your way will take much longer. How does this result in it taking the same amount of time?

The rough estimate on levelling from 1-60 is that it you will need to spend at least twice the amount time if you do exactly the same thing as before the patch. So if you before that patch spent 20 hours reaching level 60, it will now take you 40 hours. These are just examples and not estimates.

How is that the same?

Quote Originally Posted by RamGuy View Post
    How so? They have bumped the XP requirement with about 40% for 1-60 and comparing how long it takes to kill mobs and finish quests you will spending about twice-third times the amount of time compared to what you would normally spend on the same tasks before the patch.

So you need to get more XP than before in order to reach level 60, and every mob you kill on your way will take much longer. How does this result in it taking the same amount of time?

The rough estimate on levelling from 1-60 is that it you will need to spend at least twice the amount time if you do exactly the same thing as before the patch. So if you before that patch spent 20 hours reaching level 60, it will now take you 40 hours. These are just examples and not estimates.

How is that the same?
    he be factoring the fact that there is less down time from moving area to area, as before you could out level an area in a few quests and had to spend 10 minutes moving to new area.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    So guess the backpack being impossible to alter in any way was just another lie.
    Yep. Blatant lie. It will be worrying to see what happens when they retire mounts from previous raid tiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamu View Post
    he be factoring the fact that there is less down time from moving area to area, as before you could out level an area in a few quests and had to spend 10 minutes moving to new area.

I have a really hard time believing you will save that much not having to travel as much/far as before. You don't really manage to do all that much in 10 minutes and it will rarely take you more than tops 15 min to move from one area to the next on the live servers today.

Mobs gives the exact same amount of XP as before. The major difference is that you will spend 2-3 times the amount of time killing each mob. So that's a 300% decrease in XP per hour just there. This will also make it so that most of the questing will take that much longer as most of the quests have some sort of mob killing associated with it. If it take 2-3 times the amount of time killing each mob for a quest, it will take you 2-3 times the amount finishing the quest. It gets even worse with quests where you have to loot things that don't drop 100% as it will be much faster on live to kill additional mobs in order to get said items compared to after the patch. So for each additional mob you need to kill in order to get the last drops the equation gets worse for after the patch compared to live.

But you also have quests that don't require killing mobs. You have lots of take this, deliver it over there and various quests where the looting is done by interacting with objects in the world and not by killing mobs. All these will of course still take the same amount of time on both live and 7.3.5. So even though killing takes 2-3 the amount of time it will be close to 2 times due to the fact that you have various quests along the way that won't require you to kill anything.

And this is just about the fact that mobs have larger health pools and gear being nerfed so you spend much longer time killing than before. You also have to take into consideration how they have also increased the amount of XP required to level as well. That's another 40% XP required on top of everything basically taking longer.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    ye this is very possible

first they make leveling utter garbage fix it a bit when people complain too much and then release allied races

it woudl be to much at the same time since they know how badly it will be when people realise that nerf to leveling is nothing but pushing char boost sales
    Repeat yourself by auto replying the same thing over and over again does NOT make it true. Char boost sales pfffftt.......

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonol View Post
    Careful out here. I'm in the same boots as you, yet the plebs that swallowed this purely AD oriented feature tried to torn me into pieces.
    I don't mind to have the authenticator connection to the account as prerequisite. But I do mind the connection to my phone. I already have a security measurement installed, and my account has never been compromised at all. Not once. I don't see the reasoning behind having 2 security measurements for this QoL feature. This is a scam.

My authenticator is usually stored at home. If burglars break in, they have much more valuable things to steal than my authenticator, which they probably would not even notice because my home is a bit of a mess. But with a mobile phone, which can get lost at any time if you really have bad luck, connecting my account and not being able to play in such a scenario, on top of all other negative effects - I don't need that. Of course, I have never lost anything more valuable than a cheap umbrella or cheap sunglasses, but smartphones could also be pickpocketed.
    Last edited by mmoceb1073a651; 2018-01-16 at 04:17 PM.