Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    This would be a rather interesting reveal. Was that shown in the preview for the next episode? I have a feeling it might be the Admiral that he was banging but that sounds MUCH more dramatical and a good umph needed for the show.
    It was shown at the end of last night's episode.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker
    Yeah. It's funny how they reverse the whole thing. The fact of the matter is... if a customer created a scene in real life like they are in the forums, they would be removed from the store. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

Example: GC works at McDonalds. Some idiots walks up to the counter and asks for a Whopper. GC tells him they do not sell Whoppers. The idiot flips a nut. Calls GC off and throws straws at him. GC asks him to leave.

10+ Year Old Account
    This would be a rather interesting reveal. Was that shown in the preview for the next episode? I have a feeling it might be the Admiral that he was banging but that sounds MUCH more dramatical and a good umph needed for the show.
    It was a theory I came up with as the episode started, than was proven to be true by the final reveal. Not sure why it came to me, guess I'm just awesome.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I already knew which one he would be based on the Klingon chick in previous episode where she said he must change to become more(or something like that). Then all of a sudden we have the ONLY captured Starfleet Officer who just happens to be the love slave of said Klingon chick.

long live the empror

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    long live the empror
    SNAP!!!! Episode 11 is already out lol. The site I go to only had Episode 10 lol. I am going to watch now and see all the fun >.<

My bad guys lol. I am an episode behind lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    long live the empror
    Is it just me, or have they done something to her face? She looks kinda scary there...

Also: Watching After Trek and apparently Michelle Yeoh helped design that sword, so there is a less that 0% chance the season will finish without her unleashing that badboy!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Ok.... So after watching Episode 11, the caracter conflict seems too forced.

I mean the Terran Empire is HUGE and those are some astronomical odds that Gergioh is the Emperor. The rest of the episode went great! I am looking forward to the Stammits vs stamsits fight in his head. And however much I dont like the Emporer Gergioh thing it will be interesting to see the interactions between her Lorca and Burnham.

I think Tyler is Voq reveal came way too soon. I guess all the stress of being with female Klingon chick and being in the MU fucked his head up too much.

This show still isn't Star Trek.

Star Trek isn't supposed to have a main character, I have 10 million other complaints but that is the most important one.

The Orville is more Star Trek than Discovery is. The dumb romance, melodrama and AU bullshit.. oh my fn god.

I need to make a gif of Elim Garak vomiting into a bucket on the promenade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post

Star Trek isn't supposed to have a main character, I have 10 million other complaints but that is the most important one.

The Orville is more Star Trek than Discovery is. The dumb romance, melodrama and AU bullshit.. oh my fn god.

If you want dumb romance and melodrama. go watch The Original Series. They got them all over the place. Some TNG episodes were not bad either. Or Voyager (Janeway and her holographic Irish bartender).
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Ok.... So after watching Episode 11, the caracter conflict seems too forced.

I mean the Terran Empire is HUGE and those are some astronomical odds that Gergioh is the Emperor. The rest of the episode went great! I am looking forward to the Stammits vs stamsits fight in his head. And however much I dont like the Emporer Gergioh thing it will be interesting to see the interactions between her Lorca and Burnham.

I think Tyler is Voq reveal came way too soon. I guess all the stress of being with female Klingon chick and being in the MU fucked his head up too much.
    phillipa was one of the best captains in the history of the federation, a woman of those qualities could easily be the mistress of the terran empire.

- - - Updated - - -

romance in star trek that does not exist .... if you do not count riker / troi, worf / yatzia, odo / kira, bllana / tom, chakorai / seven, etc etc

discovery reminds me a lot of deep space nine

Besides Kirk, Picard, Sisko, Janeway and Archer, Star Trek shows totally do not have main characters.

DSC is unique in that its main character isn't the captain.

- - - Updated - - -

The thing I fear about this show is, what happens when the Klingon War ends......... I mean the show started off STRONG with the start and struggle of the Klingon war but, what after..... I doubt people will want to see the exploration side of Star Trek.

I mean, if you really look at TNG, DS9 Voyager and Enterprise, the ratings were never really that great until there was conflict and battles n all. TNG had the Borg and some Romulans, DS9 had the Carddies and Klingons and Voyager had the Kazon, the Borg, the Hirogen, Species 8472.........

I just dont wee where the show can go after the war and such a strong opening
    One of my friends favorite Trek show is DS9. Not because of the excellent depictions of alien races or the more character orientated episodes but because of the Battle of DS9.

His tastes lack, err, nuance.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    One of my friends favorite Trek show is DS9. Not because of the excellent depictions of alien races or the more character orientated episodes but because of the Battle of DS9.
    What's that? I don't even remember.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Well there was the Battle when the Dominion took it over and Starfleet amassed like 100+ ships to retake it. I think that is the Battle he is referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/F...f_Deep_Space_9

Maaaannnn I remember that battle now. Good times and sad times.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    I liked the second Mirror world episode. There was just one thing I found really stupid and that was the alien slavery thing, even pacifist aliens like Saru. Not to mention that you have your alien come into your quarter when you are naked to wash you. That seems like a deathwish. I guess they just felt the urge to show some more skin or something.

7+ Year Old Account
    Having watched the latest 2 new episodes I can safely say that I love it! Discovery gives a new meaning to duality and that complexity accompanied by the dark, mature nature and the cast of the show is what draws me to this reimagined Star Trek universe.

Most of us love TOS, The Nexy Generation, Voyager and Deep Space Nine, but if I'm honest, a lot of those had very boring synopsis. Think of children orientated ones, Lwaxana troi, focus on the less interesting characters, romantic episodes, etc. Discovery had a hit or miss start but was never boring and the (planet)locations used added to a new experience thanks to the production value.

Special mention to Mary Wiseman who's making watching the show extra enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by looorg View Post
    I liked the second Mirror world episode. There was just one thing I found really stupid and that was the alien slavery thing, even pacifist aliens like Saru. Not to mention that you have your alien come into your quarter when you are naked to wash you. That seems like a deathwish. I guess they just felt the urge to show some more skin or something.
    That's a common trope. It's meant to emphasize that you see them as little more than things, not even worth feeling shame or embarrassment before. Do you care if your sofa sees you naked? (Not your cat, though, Derrida has got that one booked)

Slavery is most complete when your slaves would not even consider standing up to you. Plus, Saru's species is cowardly by nature. Doesn't strike me as someone who'd murder a captain and get killed for it just to... uh... make a statement?

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    That's a common trope. It's meant to emphasize that you see them as little more than things, not even worth feeling shame or embarrassment before. Do you care if your sofa sees you naked? (Not your cat, though, Derrida has got that one booked)

Slavery is most complete when your slaves would not even consider standing up to you. Plus, Saru's species is cowardly by nature. Doesn't strike me as someone who'd murder a captain and get killed for it just to... uh... make a statement?
    It's not that I don't understand it. It was more that I felt it was a stupid thing to include. If you are going for some Terran Empire first ideal and you wipe out all the aliens then why do you keep slave aliens. Sure as mentioned it's the ultimate form of dominance in some regard. It just doesn't make it less stupid.

suppose he killed her, he's in a terran ship, he would have died after doing that.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not that I don't understand it. It was more that I felt it was a stupid thing to include. If you are going for some Terran Empire first ideal and you wipe out all the aliens then why do you keep slave aliens. Sure as mentioned it's the ultimate form of dominance in some regard. It just doesn't make it less stupid.
    Europeans were racists but they had Native American and African slaves.
    Terrans have slaves because they like to have slaves! they are sick beings

Look up slavery of Egypt. The Pharaohs would have their slaves bathe them and crap like that. It is actually not that uncommon.

- - - Updated - - -

keeping aliens as slaves, is more a psychological warfare type thing. Seeing the Terrans treat them like garbage not worth noting they are there shows the galaxy just how little aliens mean to Terran society and culture.