Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Death Knight - Shadow: hybrid melee/ranged spec focusing on shadow magic. Purple!
    Demon Hunter - Chaos: ranged spec with a scythe and ranged metamorphosis.
    Hunter: tank spec with a focus on your pet fighting with you.
    Mage - Chrono: DPS/Healing hybrid spec which uses manipulation of time to heal allies and hurt enemies.
    Monk - Flamedancer: Ranged DPS spec using Chi-Ji inspired flame attacks.
    Paladin: dual-wield DPS spec.
    Priest - Inquisition: ranged holy DPS spec.
    Rogue: bow-wielding DPS spec using stealth and illusions to catch the enemy off-guard.
    Shaman: earth-wielding tank spec.
    Warlock: actually no idea.
    Warrior - Gladiator: sword and board dps.

Hunter - Tinker: Take Beast Mastery's tech stuff from Legion, make it the only spec that uses mechanicals, add tech-based talents, and add a mecha suit on cooldown.
    Paladin - Cavalry: Much like DH being the jumping master, expand on the idea of the talent Cavalier and make them the only spec with (limited) mounted combat.
    Warrior - Champion: Sword and board dps but with additional group-centric enhancements. Further develop shouts and banners for this spec. Has archer squire "pet."
    Priest - Inquisitor: Malevolent harnessing of the light for damage. Think of the old Scarlet priests torturing people or the way Blood Elf paladins used to suck that Naaru for power.
    Rogue - Skald: Viking themed bard. Uses curses (dreadblade style, not warlock) and chants on their enemies and sings stories of ancient heroes to bolster and heal allies. Similar to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gUakexPEKI.
    Mage - Prismatic: Combines fire and ice and enhances it with arcane. Like when Khadgar destroys the dam at the start of WoD. Unstable, difficult to control, and powerful.
    Shaman - Summoner: Uses elementals as fully controlled pets. Has all four elemental pets, even a healing water one different from the mage's. The earth elemental is great for solo tanking too.
    Monk - Blademaster: Has additional weapon based attacks that other monks lack. Little armor but fast with a 2h sword and great at dodging.
    Warlock - Necromancer: These warlocks have chosen the path of the dead instead of demons. All of their pets are replaced with undead versions. Void theme (death, not tentacles like SP) like on the Ner'zhul fight.
    Death Knight - Rot: As unholy has become increasingly pet centered, there is a space for a ranged disease/poison/fungal caster. The runeblade creates and empowers spells but dps is from ranged attacks not melee.
    Demon Hunter - Soul Harvest: Healing spec developed around the soul fragment healing of the other two specs. The healing cousin of affliction, but for DH. Specializes in AoE healing.
    Last edited by The Man in Room V; 2018-01-16 at 11:14 AM.

These are the only ones I've ever found interesting:

Shaman: Earth-based 2hd Tank

Death Knight: Necromancer disposable-pet Ranged-DPS

Mage: Chronomancer time-rewinding Healer

Paladin: Shockadin Holy Ranged-DPS

Monk: Chi-Ji DBZ Ranged-DPS

Quote Originally Posted by The Man in Room V View Post
    Hunter - Tinker: Take Beast Mastery's tech stuff from Legion, make it the only spec that uses mechanicals, add tech-based talents, and add a mecha suit on cooldown.
    OMG, yes. This is perfect. Give Hunters a Tinker spec and put a nail in that coffin for good! They already have traps, pets, guns... just brilliant.
    Last edited by Futhark; 2018-01-16 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Hunter idea is just fab

I would prefer a Tinker over 12 new specs.

I don't feel like fourth specs are needed. Maybe a third one for DH if they think of a good one that still feels like a DH and doesn't stray too much into warlock territory like a DH caster spec might. Even if they added 4th specs for others, druids do NOT need a 5th spec, they already have a melee dps, ranged dps, tank and healer spec. Giving other classes 4th specs would bring them closer to Druid's level and giving druid a new spec would be redundant.

To me, adding any new specs should add something new to the class overall. There's no point IMO in giving rogues a 4th melee dps spec. If blizz were to add 4th specs I feel rogue, mage, warlock and hunter would be the ones to look at first, to give them all a healing or tank spec of some kind and remove pure DPS classes from the game. That would be the first step IMO, because if you're just adding more dps options to people it's kinda pointless.

There already are 36 specs and most of them have been rushed in Legion. As long as they don't put enough dev time on those 36 specs, I don't see any reasons to add more.

Return of the Gladiator Warrior, with a polearm+shield setup.

Warp mage, especially if they can create some insane animations. I'm thinking a blend of Tracer and Chronos, with some arcane/lightning effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    Warlock: Corruption; tank spec, playstyle turns the player into a mini raid boss, with AoE drains, fel lightning, will have shapeshift that allows player to turn into a demon(a lore reason behind this could be that the warlock absorbed some of sargeras' corruption) male form would have a beast-like Sha kind of look, while female form would resemble a sha covered elf or human, each with differences and armor resembling race of warlock, corrupted breath/beam(channeled), and Devil's Mark(DoT effect curse) suggested weapons: fist weapon/swords/staves
    Warlock has nothing to do with the Sha that is all Old God influenced so that would lean more to the Shadow Priests.

Deleted
    Warrior: Gladiator
    Paladin: Templar (1h and shield, half damage half healing)
    Mage: Mastery (A mix of all the spell schools, OG/oldtime Mage)
    Warlock: Siphonist (A spec that focuses on stealing powerful buffs, spells and life force from enemies)
    Priest: Darklight (A healing spec focusing on purely Shadow magic)
    Shaman: Fury (A shaman spec that focuses on the more powerful, outer branches of shamanism. Unique spells, powerful build up abilities. Tank)
    Monk: Chiweaver (A ranged DPS chi KAMEHAMEHA spec, with their main damage/CD ability rotating into SUPER and SUPER SUPER KAMEHAMEHA for insane damage)

Quote Originally Posted by Boraal View Post
    Warlock has nothing to do with the Sha that is all Old God influenced so that would lean more to the Shadow Priests.
    Um, I just said the forms would look Sha-like, not actual Sha, just kinda look like the Sha, I'm being very clear with you

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the only spec I'd honestly like to see if a tank spec for shaman, or possibly a caster spec for demon hunters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davryn View Post
    I think 36 specs is more than enough... focus on updating/fixing existing specs instead of making new ones IMO.
    I don't think Blizzard works like that. They change specs often to keep the game feeling fresh. Even when the spec is borderline perfect. Perfect on expansion and broken/crappy the next. Whether it's good or bad, it's how each expansion has been.

Death knight - No idea, class feels pretty fleshed out
    Druid - Nope
    Hunter - Best bet would be a Ranger style class with group buffs, but Blizz doesn't do Bard style characters
    Mage - Necromancer, most Necromancers were just mages who decided to play with a different kind of magic.
    Monk - No idea
    Paladin - Ehh.. Maybe a medium ranged caster style class.
    Priest - Same as paladin
    Rogue - Blademaster, I imagine these more like 2h wielding rogues so I put them here
    Shaman - Shadowhunter
    Warlock - Bring back proper Demonic class
    Warrior - Gladiator spec or Spellbreaker, Gladiator was the only reason I played WoD, but Warrior is in serious need of a magic flavored mitigation tank to balance protection and it's usual physical concentration.

Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    Mage: Conjuring; damage spec, focused on summoning arcane constructs from atop a mount(to fill the mounted wizard niche)
    No no no no, mages don't need a 4th DPS spec when blizzard already has issues making all 3 relevant. The class needs a tank or heal spec instead.

Just gonna whip out my new-spec-thread list, polish it up a bit.

Death Knight - Necrolyte: These masters of death use dark powers to fend it off from their allies, healing them instead.

Demon Hunter - Outcast: Illidari who have taken up ranged weapons and the skills of their various allies to bring a new dimension to the war for Azeroth's future.

Druid - Flame: The watchers in the Firelands have learned to harness the pure, cleansing power of fire to create a new type of ranged DPS who will cleans the taint from the world.

Hunter - Naturalist: This frontiersman/survivalist uses his knowledge of herbs, salves, and natural magic to heal his allies.

Mage - Physician: a highly trained healer using knowledge of anatomy and the arcane to heal his allies.

Monk - Sky Dancer: An archer of unparalleled accuracy and precision.

Paladin - Inquisitor: Caster DPS, finally giving the Shockadin that has so long been desired.

Priest - Sentinel: Ranged DPS using a bow + holy and arcane, based on Tyrande in Well of Eternity.

Rogue - Combat: A parry-happy tank who uses speed and subterfuge to stand up to the most terrible of opponents.

Shaman - Earthbreaker: Dual-wield tank using the powers of stone and ice to harden himself against damage.

Warlock - Apotheosis: A dark tanking spec that grounds damage directly into the Twisting Nether.

Warrior - Gladiator: Sword-and-board DPS, possibly using polearms like in the BfA cinematic.

Problem with 4th specs is that while some classes have an easy fit (Earth-based tanking spec for Shamans), it's not really the case for others so you end up with all kinds of contrived nonsense that barely fits the class at all, just so that everyone has a fourth spec.

HERE ARE MINE!!! EVERYONE READ MY IDEAS BECAUSE I SAID SO!!

Warrior - Elven Bard: Only taurens and gnomes can be this spec. Basically warrior playing elven songs!!

Druid - Turbo Duck: Basically druid transforming into fox. It should have several abilities named "quack"

Mage - Chronohealer: Obviously tank spec, specialized into moving agro from himself to another player

Shaman - Totem Hater: Tank spec which hates totems

Paladin - Magnificent beast: Mid range spec shooting stars and rainbows (only Void Elves and Undead)

Warlock - Kcolraw: Tank spec obviously. You play voidwalker summoning random warlock from Azeroth. "How does it feels locks now, hu??"

TBH, I'd love if we got 4th specs based around an expansion's lore, like Allied Races. So not every class needs a new spec at the same time, but each expansion 3-ish classes would get thematically fitting specs, or at least that their lore is developed on said expansion (also maybe hero specs, that are only unlocked at a expansion's start level)

In any case, the specs I'd like to see in terms of flavor are Blademasters for Rogues, a 2H dps spec that would allow races like draenei and tauren to play the class with less stealth and closer to a fury warrior in concept, and Zeal for Priests, a weapon based DPS spec that shifts play style depending on the weapon (melee/ranged) that would in terms on lore encompass Tyrande as a ranged one, and Anduin as a meele one.

I am just tossing ideas into the pot since that is what every one seems to be doing.

Warrior: Gladiator or a Range focus spec. It is kind of Stupid that out of all the specs, we now only have TWO that uses physical range weapons.

Rogue: A Spec that uses Range Weapons. See above.

Shaman: I think we all agree'd on a tank spec.

Priest: We all pretty much agree here. A Range Holy DPS caster.

Monk: This one... I want monks to have 2 healing specs similar to Priests. I want the old Fistweaving style back.

DK: Death Knights gain fire. Cause everything Bolver is now tinkering with new stuff.

Mage: They have slowly been getting time spells through out the expansions. Just make it a whole spec. It could even be a healing or something spec.... dunno.

Hunter: I don't know for hunter.

Druid: already has 4

Warlocks: A tanking spec. They kind of .... well KIND OF... had some fun of it before. It would be nice to see it again.

Paladin: Another sword and shield DPS spec like gladiator.

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    I would focus on giving classes that have no support (tank/healer) role one.

Warlock, mage, rogue, hunter.. anything that adds more tanks/healers to the current queue for things is great.
    This, so much this. I really enjoy some DPS classes like Warlock and Rogue, but only having DPS specs makes them really non-versatile and horrendous to que for content with. Give Warlocks the ability to tank with demons, Mages can heal by altering time to before they were damaged, Rogues can tank through evasion, Hunters can heal by specializing in healing pets somehow.

This would probably be one of my all time favorite changes if it were to happen. I wouldn't even mind them cutting some specs to make room for it, no class really needs 3 different dps specs anyway, it just makes them watered down no matter how "specialized" blizz tries to make them.