Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    No Allied Races, no play!
    PAULA! I missed you
    Sarkhoza(Neglected) Thanos(Neglected) Saronus(New (Old) Main. WIP.)
    <Crux> Zul'jin - US

#TeamWaycrestHallowsEnd

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    No its not, it means on the ptr bfa things will show up that wont release in 7.3.5
    ....yeah, kind of like dark iron dwarf data, which I pointed out in the paragraph above.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh View Post
    It seems sort of out of character to me.
    Define out of character, because realistically speaking it's already weird that the Alliance, if we look back at superpower history, has never been the aggressor.

As Taran Zhu said, aggression triggers immediate reprisal, and every reprisal is itself an act of aggression. Even though the Horde is always written to start the conflict, you'd intentionally act as an idiot to state that the Alliance doesn't revel at the thought of striking out against the Horde.

I'm glad the Alliance is being the aggressor this time, for however much value that holds.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the Alliance really seems kick things off this time.

True. It's something different for the Alliance at least. But it seems sort of out of character to me.

You're right. The tensions were simmering in the background and Sylvanas was up to no good in Stormheim. But it's more the aggression towards the Goblin workers I am talking about specifically. Hell the Alliance Assassin NPCS you kill are basically gloating in glee over getting to kill them.

Undermining your the supply line of your enemy is a viable strategy indeed. If you were actually at full war with each other. The factions are a stone's throw away from war and the Alliance seems to throw it.

All I am saying with this is. It seems strange and uncharactaristic for the Alliance to be the ones that are on the offensive.
    Not if Genn and what's her name, Sky Admiral Rogers? Not if either of them is in charge. Look what they did in Stormheim. "We'll attack if the horde causes it to be warranted" then immediately attacks upon sight. Rogers haaaates the horde, Genn mostly hates Sylvanas but he has no love for the horde in general either. So it has been done before!
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Have you seen the Horde though?

Killers at the core. They're different from us, which means they cant be trusted. We must sound the drums of war. They're savages! Savages!
    Alliance has jaina though a dreadlord

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    Not if Genn and what's her name, Sky Admiral Rogers? Not if either of them is in charge. Look what they did in Stormheim. "We'll attack if the horde causes it to be warranted" then immediately attacks upon sight. Rogers haaaates the horde, Genn mostly hates Sylvanas but he has no love for the horde in general either. So it has been done before!
    Both of those are good examples. Also Varian declared a Genocidal War on Thrall and all other "Green Skinned Abominations" so it's not like it's -that- out of character.

It's just out of what people -want- the Alliance's Character to be.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Define out of character, because realistically speaking it's already weird that the Alliance, if we look back at superpower history, has never been the aggressor.

As Taran Zhu said, aggression triggers immediate reprisal, and every reprisal is itself an act of aggression. Even though the Horde is always written to start the conflict, you'd intentionally act as an idiot to state that the Alliance doesn't revel at the thought of striking out against the Horde.

I'm glad the Alliance is being the aggressor this time, for however much value that holds.
    Genn Greymane and the Sky rodgers of the Alliance wouldn't mind fighting the Horde at all warranted or not. Most of the time Alliance is stand still. Whatever reasons Alliance has for hitting the goblins(Yay for goblins being greedy), it's still unknown what pushes it to Darnassus burning and Undercity attack.

Both of those are good examples. Also Varian declared a Genocidal War on Thrall and all other "Green Skinned Abominations" so it's not like it's -that- out of character.

Which was in Wrath and Varian's character had changed dramatically since then so it's not a fair argument.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by everything nice View Post
    have you seen the horde though?

Killers at the core. They're different from us, which means they cant be trusted. We must sound the drums of war. They're savages! Savages!
    .... Win!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Genn Greymane and the Sky rodgers of the Alliance wouldn't mind fighting the Horde at all warranted or not. Most of the time Alliance is stand still. Whatever reasons Alliance has for hitting the goblins(Yay for goblins being greedy), it's still unknown what pushes it to Darnassus burning and Undercity attack.

Which was in Wrath and Varian's character had changed dramatically since then so it's not a fair argument.
    That's a significant moving of the Goalposts.

Ironforge started the fighting in Alterac. Darnassus started the fighting in Warsong. Varian tried to start the war of the Cataclysm, but Thrall Declined, so a bunch of troops sneaking through the Barrens did it for him.

Then Rogers ordered the War Crime in Pandaria and Genn took Rogers over to try and assassinate Sylvanas.

The alliance aren't Goodie Little Two-Shoes like people try to portray them, or wish they were. And more than the Horde is pure mustache twirling evil.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

You know the Alliance was being fed false info on the Horde's activities by the SI-7 controlled by Detheroc under the guise of Mathias Shaw, right?

Detheroc is also responsible for stopping Shaw to report so the Alliance and Horde disastrous first attack on Broken Shore wouldn't be halted.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post

He may have declared it, but what actions did he took after it?
    Whatever...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post

Not me, I like having some horde haters on the alliance side who keep pushing shit and causing tension. Makes things more interesting than "oh no they were mean to us again. Guess we'll clean up their mess and go back to hoping they'll be nice this time." Mind you I also enjoy having characters like Anduin who don't want to fight or have conflict, because that's what keeps the tension on the alliance side instead of just between the two sides!
    give up dat booty
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it worth getting game time again for new patch?
    Or should I just wait for the Allied Races?
    For the Horde!

7+ Year Old Account

Killers at the core. They're different from us,
    RAWR! and BOO!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    You know the Alliance was being fed false info on the Horde's activities by the SI-7 controlled by Detheroc under the guise of Mathias Shaw, right?

Detheroc is also responsible for stopping Shaw to report so the Alliance and Horde disastrous first attack on Broken Shore wouldn't be halted.

He may have declared it, but what actions did he took after it?
    That doesn't change the fact that they attacked first out of hatred for the horde. When you ask Rogers why she hates them so much she doesn't say "we know they've been bad lately!" she says she grew up in Southshore, and her parents died in the bombing. She and Genn are both eager for any excuse and opportunity to attack.

- - - Updated - - -

Savages, savages, barely even human!

...wait
    give up dat booty
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    Well im going to enjoy the new bg and make a new toon on a new realm, so i can get ready for the allied race on that realm, so TO ME, yes, it is worth it.

That doesn't change the fact that they attacked first out of hatred for the horde. When you ask Rogers why she hates them so much she doesn't say "we know they've been bad lately!" she says she grew up in Southshore, and her parents died in the bombing. She and Genn are both eager for any excuse and opportunity to attack.
    I love how Horde feel like killing parents, siblings, children and whole populations does not justify people wanting revenge on them. All Horde attacks are "justified" somehow, while any time the Alliance decides to be proactive it's an all-out war justification.
    Whatever...

7+ Year Old Account
    So with the new Silithus questline, doesn't the Alliance technically start the war? Horde sends Goblin workers and crew to mine Azerite, Alliance gets sent in to murder and sabotage them.

I dunno. Attacking workers is pretty bad imo. It's not like they are battke hardened soldiers. They're simple miners and the like. Hardly a step above civillians.
    Naa we kill just a bounch of goblins.. I mean is not like killing real people ...

Aside from the jokes, I was on a PVE Test realm, I think that part work better on PvP servers where you can feel the tension between the two factions and have real battle against the opposite faction.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marcellus1986 View Post
    Allied races most likely won’t be coming until the 8.0 prepatch, close to release of BFA.
    I dont think so! This 4 Allied races are not an "early-access" bonus, but the "pre-purchase" is one of the requirements to unlock them.
    Also, the Heritage Armor Set is unlocked when a race is level 110, during pre-patch, if I remember right, the level cap is remouved.

There are severals reasons that indicated this Allied Races will be avaiable sometimes in the next weeks:

1) Story
    Legion now is come to an end, it is done! and Blizzard is already start to introduce the new expansion plot. The story around the Wound is gated, so after a few weeks, when all the chain quests in Silithus are done (in Magni style) and the last cinematic unveil, probably the Allied races will be unlocked.
    Infact, we already got Allied Embassy in our main capital city and Nightold/Thunder Totem modified to reflect that.
    Don't make any sense add this kind of things now IF you have to wait 8.0 pre-patch... we have just to wait the story progress.

2) Content
    Allied Races will works as a content to fill the gap between the expansions.
    Without this new races, the scaling world feature is quite useless, not only because many of us don't have slots for new characters (new slot will be avaiable with new allied races), but because mostly of the players are waiting this races to start using that feature. Also, without the new races, subscription will drop heavly, because the content drop.

3) Timing
    We have a story that already introduce this Allyed Races in this patch, and for all of this 4 races, is required the Legion content to be unlocked.
    If, as you say, this 4 races will be avaiable only with 8.0, not only there is no reason why to put that files into this patch, but you have a very short of time to exp all of them, and to got them ready for the new expansion, expecially if you are a new player or if you wanna use this as a new main for the next expansion and you dont wanna buy a race change. Also, we will have 2 more Allied races coming with the expansion... too many new races in a very short of time.

BoA was announced in November at Blizzcon since then, we have never had any new information... nothing.
    Now, that Legion is practically end, it is time to introduce the new expansion by showing new things. We need more news about BfA to speak about.
    So, Blizzard will start the pre-purchase and the alpha soon and so, at the end of this story gated progress, this 4 new races will be unlocked, maybe in about 2/4 weeks.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

7+ Year Old Account
    if you like the bg, and want to experience some zones full story, then its worth it.
    if not, just wait till the AR come out.

Formerly known as Arafal

For reference, the BG is being released later as they go through the story arc.

I mean assuming you have all the unlock stuff done for the new races and don't really want to keep/start raiding do spamming M+ again there really isn't anything worth doing at the moment IMO. We still have plenty of time to finish getting any artifact skins we don't have so I'm just waiting.
    Check out my livestream and follow me on twitter.
    /
    I Livestream and do giveaways.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have the unlock conditions met? If so just wait. Otherwise play.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)