Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Karzerus View Post
    99% of Genn criticism I've come across has been completely unfounded and based on nothing but petty hate. Sorry if I don't see some deeper meaning in the hatred. Puh-lease!
    The problem is that 99% of Genn's character is based on nothing but petty hate though... He is an uninteresting warmonger and the closest thing Blizz has given the Alliance to a Garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    do you have evidence that the worgen curse slows aging?
    Genn is like 80 and he can still fight well

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Genn's just a regular human turned into a werewolf. And dogs/wolves don't live as long as humans, so realistically Genn should be too old to fight.
    Werewolf != Dog/Wolf. How do you know this doesn't make him live longer/immortal from natural death like the whole Vampire thing? You have no clue what the Worgen curse does to a person; don't apply your real world logic on something of fantasy.

I like how you used a perfectly plausible example of Aragon (if true, idk, I didn't bother with LotR), then immediately looked like a fool saying "DOGS DIE YOUNG, WHY IS GENN ABLE TO FIGHT?"

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    do you have evidence that the worgen curse slows aging?
    Do you have evidence it DOESN'T? We have literally no clue if it does/doesn't.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polastri View Post
    never said it slows aging..
    Except that's literally what you said. "worgen so i dont think you can scale his ability to fight using the whole hes old thing" Unless words mean different things where you're from, that sentence reads that you're saying we can't say he can't fight because he's old as he is a worgen. Which necessarily implies that it slows aging.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Yeah, uhm, you might need to read some stuff about the King and the worgen curse. You'll learn a lot of fascinating stuff.
    no where does it say that the worgen curse lets you live longer. fancisnating stuff indeed

and to the guy that said the first worgen is still alive: yeah, they’re night elves. night elves live for a long ass time. humans do not

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    You can’t prove a negative. Next!

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    I mean, Aragorn was 87 or so during LotR, so why is this a shock?
    Because genn is a normal human with cursed druid magic, which does not extend his life.

Except that's literally what you said. "worgen so i dont think you can scale his ability to fight using the whole hes old thing" Unless words mean different things where you're from, that sentence reads that you're saying we can't say he can't fight because he's old as he is a worgen. Which necessarily implies that it slows aging.
    That more or less says "it might slow aging, but we don't know", because that's just it, we have no clue.

Most lore NPCs in WoW don't die of age (or rather a disease they get from being old, no one in the history of the universe ever died of "old age"), and we're talking about a WEREWOLF here. We have no fucking idea or frame of reference regarding the aging thing, yet Genn fights just fine. Your call to chalk it up to "Worgen curse gives him strength and/or anti-aging shit" or "Blizzard done goofed". Your call. You can't really pick anything other than those two.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Druidic magic as a rule does not, look at malfurion, druid magic incarnate far more touched with it than anyone else and since nozdormus blessing is gone he feels his age.

Because puppy daddy is an alpha beast who will never die.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

Quote Originally Posted by Polastri View Post
    hes part worgen so i dont think you can scale his ability to fight using the whole hes old thing
    Wouldn't every human year be seven for Genn then? He's long past his expiry date.

Werewolf != Dog/Wolf. How do you know this doesn't make him live longer/immortal from natural death like the whole Vampire thing? You have no clue what the Worgen curse does to a person; don't apply your real world logic on something of fantasy.

I like how you used a perfectly plausible example of Aragon (if true, idk, I didn't bother with LotR), then immediately looked like a fool saying "DOGS DIE YOUNG, WHY IS GENN ABLE TO FIGHT?"

I provided evidence as to why Aragorn is not a valid argument for why Genn should be able to fight as an old man. Aragon is 87 in the events of Lord of the Rings but still acts like he's 30 because he's partially immortal. Post-War of the Ring, he reigns as kind well into his second century as king, and dies at the age of 210. In WoW, without evidence to the contrary, we have to assume the worgen curse does not affect aging as it is the simplest explanation. Therefore, Genn being 60-70 years old thus should not be able to fight as he does.

I always just thought the whole worgen curse just lets him fight still, yeah he ages but he goes into rages and uses his fury even with his age, like most werewolf lore.

While the eighty of the OP is a slight exaggeration, he does bring up a good point. Genn was mind to late 30's at the absolute youngest during the Second War, and that was 28 years ago according to wow's timeline. He's kicking 60 and shouldn't really be able to fight like he still does.

It's less about hate and more about realism, but considering your avatar I would imagine you'd perceive any argument against your idol as a personal slight.
    REALISM in a fantasy game? Get the fook outta here mate.

Quote Originally Posted by brbshower View Post
    REALISM in a fantasy game? Get the fook outta here mate.
    Well I mean... there are things that are unrealistic because they are characteristics of the genre (such as magic, or dragons), and things that are unrealistic because they make no sense. Without an otherwise satisfactory explanation, Genn Greymane shouldn't be able to fight as he does well into his 60's. If we see a piece of lore that says the worgen curse gives people the vitality of someone half their age, I'll 100% accept that, because it's an explanation that lines up with the self-consistency of the fantasy genre. But, without such an explanation we're just seeing an old man pushing feats that his body shouldn't be able to, because the human body doesn't have that kind of tolerance and resilience at that age.

Deleted
    Lol, you mad he survived the ULTRA-POISONED arrow from the IMMORTAL SYLVANAS WHO CAN KILL SARGERAS FROM 10 000 MILES AWAY WHILST RIDING A BAT IN A HURRICANE???

The guy's a worgen. He's got extra durability and longevity

IMO the fact he survived Sylvanas' cursed arrow hitting him straight in the chest (Stormheim cinematic) proved to me he has a huge plot armor.

I'd expect a troll to survive than, but not a human/worgen. And it didnt do him any harm what so ever. Meanwhile Vol'jin takes a knife into his belly and dies from a fel wound. Makes sense really.

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    both manly male leaders died in the start of Legion at the same time Blizzard set up a Diversity council

nothing threatened from "progressive values" besides World of Warcraft by these kind of people they kill everything they touch
    Both, you mean all three. I have always seen Tirion as the most important leader of a neutral faction and he got killed too. I wonder what female character will replace him as the new Highlord of the Argent Crusade.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Quote Originally Posted by Lolgo View Post
    Because we would drown in alliance fanboys' tears. Still eludes me how exactly the old dog survived one of Sylvanas' black arrows.
    Yeah when voljin didnt

Well I mean... there are things that are unrealistic because they are characteristics of the genre (such as magic, or dragons), and things that are unrealistic because they make no sense. Without an otherwise satisfactory explanation, Genn Greymane shouldn't be able to fight as he does well into his 60's. If we see a piece of lore that says the worgen curse gives people the vitality of someone half their age, I'll 100% accept that, because it's an explanation that lines up with the self-consistency of the fantasy genre. But, without such an explanation we're just seeing an old man pushing feats that his body shouldn't be able to, because the human body doesn't have that kind of tolerance and resilience at that age.
    Watch The Expendables, it will cover what the human body is capable of doing at that age. Even just being a movie, the physical condition that Stallone, lundren, or even Hulk Hogan should even enough to realize that people are capable of doing amazing things at that age

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I provided evidence as to why Aragorn is not a valid argument for why Genn should be able to fight as an old man. Aragon is 87 in the events of Lord of the Rings but still acts like he's 30 because he's partially immortal. Post-War of the Ring, he reigns as kind well into his second century as king, and dies at the age of 210. In WoW, without evidence to the contrary, we have to assume the worgen curse does not affect aging as it is the simplest explanation. Therefore, Genn being 60-70 years old thus should not be able to fight as he does.
    Would the existence of Genn in his current state not count as evidence to the contrary? I mean he's old as fuck, he still fights really well, and he can take a cursed arrow to the moob without issue. Obviously that moon puppy juice is doing something for him.