It's a shame... i really thought my theory of Pudding pulling out the memory of Big Mom eating up Carmel from Streusen's mind and show it to her was going to happen. =/

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    It's a shame... i really thought my theory of Pudding pulling out the memory of Big Mom eating up Carmel from Streusen's mind and show it to her was going to happen. =/
    What would that accomplish?

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    What would that accomplish?
    Thought that would be obvious - at least it would put her in a state of unprotected craze like before, or the other side - have her be so remorseful realizing she was the cause of her loved friend.

15+ Year Old Account
    The big mystery is Lady Stussy's goals right now. What does she plan to achieve mentioning Tamatebako's explosion to Viscount Niwatori and Charlotte Mont d'Or? Could this be the act that brings about Madame Shyarly's prophecy as the Big Mom Pirates retaliate against Fishman Island to punish Jimbei and the Straw Hats blaming them for the bomb?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean Stussy is CP-0 and her target was obtaining the Tamatebako. By mentioning it she probably wants to smoke out its location. Morgan will publish this and this will be a further factor to push the Strawhat's bounty up. So yes, she might be trying to cause a war to uncover its location. I doubt the World Government is fond of Neptune anyway and if they have even an inkling that Shirahoshi is Poseidon, they'll definitely want her. I mean let's face it, she is right now the most dangerous person in One Piece, able to sink any fleet at will.
    Well, she knows where it was as she saw it explode at the base of the Whole Cake Chateau. It fell after Du Feld's body knocked it off after Stussy shot him with the Tobu Shigan.

Magazine misprint Flambe is the 36th daughter not 33rd.

10+ Year Old Account
    """""""""misprint"""""""""

classic oda

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't want to sound hater towards One Piece - Its one of the few Shounen that I can actually read/watch, but...

Am I the only one that doesn't enjoy "One Piece Shippuden" as much as the classic one? Classic used to be much more interesting, and Luffy (and his team) wasn't as strong as it is now. I mean, I like the idea of "I trained for some time, now I'm stronger (almost every shounen does that)" but I found One Piece "Shippuden" to be a lot weaker in its plot, villains and battles than the classic one.

No hate for it, I just think it isn't as good as the older chapters.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with the post-timeskip story is that the arcs are dragging on longer, there's less emphasis on adventure, and there's been a pretty big buildup going on the entire time with not as big of a resolve in most arcs. There's also been a lot less focus on the characters as a whole. We haven't had a chance to see any of the crew members being pushed to their limit like they had in the pre-timeskip, and they seem to be a lot less colorful personality and presence wise since the timeskip. There also hasn't been as much interaction between the crew, everything has just been about business. Obviously the characters are better now (a lot of this arc, for example, has emphasized on Sanji) but it still could be improved for a lot of the others.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2018-01-16 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    The problem with the post-timeskip story is that the arcs are dragging on longer, there's less emphasis on adventure, and there's been a pretty big buildup going on the entire time with not as big of a resolve in most arcs.
    This is true. These arcs are taking forever. We've only visited like 5 places in the past....8 years. Literally. Fishman Island, Punk Hazard, Dressrosa, Wanou, and Big Mom's islands.

God that's depressing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victoria View Post
    I don't want to sound hater towards One Piece - Its one of the few Shounen that I can actually read/watch, but...

Am I the only one that doesn't enjoy "One Piece Shippuden" as much as the classic one? Classic used to be much more interesting, and Luffy (and his team) wasn't as strong as it is now. I mean, I like the idea of "I trained for some time, now I'm stronger (almost every shounen does that)" but I found One Piece "Shippuden" to be a lot weaker in its plot, villains and battles than the classic one.

Yeah. I think it is a combination of a few different things. Longer arcs, less self-contained arcs, and a larger cast. The longer arcs lead to a feeling a fatigue since it feels like the story drags much more. The less self-contained arcs mean less of a satisfying conclusion at the end of each arc. And the larger cast means we get to spend less time with each character with some characters being totally removed from some arcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Yeah. I think it is a combination of a few different things. Longer arcs, less self-contained arcs, and a larger cast. The longer arcs lead to a feeling a fatigue since it feels like the story drags much more. The less self-contained arcs mean less of a satisfying conclusion at the end of each arc. And the larger cast means we get to spend less time with each character with some characters being totally removed from some arcs.
    Another thing I find sadly missing is HOW luffy deals with enemies. I mean, it always comes down to a fight - but it used to be "how can I contend against THIS Devil Fruit user?" Like using water against Crocodile.

Then we get moments like Caesar, who has a genuinely interesting devilfruit ability - and did Luffy have to do something interesting to deal with him and his gas ability? Nope, it was Armament -> Punch. =/

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with Luffy's fights is that the majority of them in this part so far have just been straight power stomps. Obviously he's struggled, but he's never had to go all out. His fights didn't start improving until he fought Doflamingo, and even then that was a pretty weird fight that only really got trivialized by Gear Fourth. It's getting better as the series goes on with the forest dude and Dogtooth especially, but I don't think there's still been a time where he was at his wits end and had to think cleverly or fight against an equally matched opponent like he did with Rob Lucci.

I do really enjoy part two though and think it's shaping up nicely. It's a slow build up so far but this current arc and the next ones are sounding like they'll be really good. It'll be nice to finally see an island and a powerful Yonkou that has been mentioned since pretty much the beginning of the series, and all the more exciting if Vegapunk really will make some kind of appearance. Maybe picking up the anime again and watching part two of the anime will make me appreciate it more.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2018-01-17 at 04:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously. I'm pretty sure the last time we saw Franky, Zoro, and Usopp was in chapter 822.

That was in April of 2016.

I don't like this use of Shippden here. Reason being it just refers to the timeskip. That aside the issue I have can be summed up by;
    TLDR - I care about the Strawhats, but we're only getting Luffy.

An maybe this is just my own misinterpretation,
    but Onepiece is too big, too crowded, an it is being shown to us through a narrow lens. Starting from chapter 515(So about 400 chapters now) when Amazon Lily starts, its been mostly Luffy an a rotation of other allies seemingly between 4-9 people, an a bigger less important group in the background. Actually the more I think about it. The more this has always been the case in Oda's storytelling. The issue being we love the other Strawhats an want to see them expanded on not just Luffy. Also due to this narrow lens an shortage of time certain things are being skipped!

I plan on expanding on this later but I have work in the morning

Also fun fact! Chapter 512(March 2009) is when the crew is separated an Chapter 598(Febuary 2011) is their return titled "2 Years Later"
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    U6 easily has the best charcters introduce in SUper, aside from Beerus and BLack
    jajaja

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    The problem with Luffy's fights is that the majority of them in this part so far have just been straight power stomps. Obviously he's struggled, but he's never had to go all out. His fights didn't start improving until he fought Doflamingo, and even then that was a pretty weird fight that only really got trivialized by Gear Fourth. It's getting better as the series goes on with the forest dude and Dogtooth especially, but I don't think there's still been a time where he was at his wits end and had to think cleverly or fight against an equally matched opponent like he did with Rob Lucci.

I do really enjoy part two though and think it's shaping up nicely. It's a slow build up so far but this current arc and the next ones are sounding like they'll be really good. It'll be nice to finally see an island and a powerful Yonkou that has been mentioned since pretty much the beginning of the series, and all the more exciting if Vegapunk really will make some kind of appearance. Maybe picking up the anime again and watching part two of the anime will make me appreciate it more.
    I've stopped watching the anime back durring the Fishman Isle arc as I was a HUGE Doflamingo fan (Can't tell by the avatar, can you? ;P) and wanted to get to his story faster.

Since then, I've been glancing back at the anime and realizing just how much better the Anime is compared to the manga, especially in the fights... in some cases, we actually GET to see the fight itself instead of cutting away to a defeat like the Manga does all too often.

Case in point: Doflamingo Vs Smoker. In the Manga, Doflamingo just looks at Smoker, suggests he doesn't trust him, and takes Smoker down in 1 hit and Smoker takes it like a B*tch. In the Anime, they actually had a pretty bad-ass exchange of blows instead, and Smoker only took the hit because Doflamingo was going to kill his crew who were going to help him and he jumped in front of them to protect them from Doflamingo's blow.

Secondly was the initial battle in the forest between Doflamingo and Law. We got to see a LOT more of the fight, and not just cut to a moment where law was pinned to the ground by D.

Third was one of my MAJOR problems with the manga fight - Doflamingo NEVER used parasite on Luffy! I've been wanting to see how Luffy would defend against that ever since D's introduction, but in the Manga he never friggin used it! Well, in the Anime - he did! And it was explained wonderfully that Luffy's armament was able to break through the strings! How smegging SIMPLE would it have been to do that in the manga?

Lastly, and more recently, I just watched Big Mom vs Brook. Yes - they actually HAD a fight to watch in the anime, and it was pretty good! It made brook seem far less of a tool, and it really helped bolster how hard-as-steel Big Mom's skin is.

So, yeah - even I'm considering stopping reading the manga and going back to the Anime at this point. >_<

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the manga, it just gets kind of really laggy at times, especially with the three chapters a month that's been going on these past few years. I originally got into the series by watching the anime at around the time Impel Down was ending in the manga and ended up catching up a few months before Ace died in the manga. I enjoyed the anime parts a lot better than the manga because it's nice to see everything animated and slightly expanded, it's also a bit easier to follow, especially during the action scenes. It's just hard for me to follow these arcs in the anime on a weekly basis, I think I'll enjoy the past arcs a lot more because I'll see them fully animated without having to wait each week.

I have been hearing that the anime hasn't been as good as the part one episodes so far, but it kind of makes sense because they have to draw everything out a bit longer because of how close it is to the manga, apparently each episode is only covering 1-1.5 chapters now. On the flip side, these comments are mostly coming from people who watch the anime on a weekly basis so it's not like they're able to watch everything unfold at a faster pace like somebody who is catching up would be.

7+ Year Old Account
    Another reason that I've stopped watching/reading One Piece is because of something that usually happens in all shounen - there's absolutely no risk involved to the Main Character, and he'll probably pull a new skill out of his ass if he's losing during a fight - That happened a lot in One Piece (and still happens), and I can accept that in smaller arcs, but this is still being used to this day, and it is super tiresome.

I felt offended by the writing in Dressrosa - The Gear 4th being pulled out of Luffy's ass was enough to make me quit. Again, not pretending to hate One Piece, I'll love it to death, but the writing isn't as good as it used to be. Marineford was great because of two things: There was real tension in the arc (with the war and Ace's execution), and Luffy was too weak to save his brother (even with the Haki thing during that arcThis is missing in the new chapters, and I don't think we'll ever get something as good as Marineford again.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think Gear 4th is an "asspull" because he doesn't use it from the start. This is common in animes - Dragon Ball used that with SSJ3, Naruto used that with Sage Mode, etc. They usually wait to use these skills to make some drama, but it just ends up being annoying as fuck, at least for me. Here's this incredibly powerful enemy that you've been waiting to fight - instead of fighting with all you have from the start, just let him beat you up a lot until you miraculously remember that you have a new skill - this is what I mean by "asspull", and most shounens do that.

I think Gear 4th is an "asspull" because he doesn't use it from the start. This is common in animes - Dragon Ball used that with SSJ3, Naruto used that with Sage Mode, etc.
    ??? Goku used SSJ3 right from the start against Fat Buu and Naruto comes back from training to face Pain and he's already in Sage Mode...what are you talking about ???