Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xecks View Post
    all these qol changes and class balancing issues are really off the table.
    source, please
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcath View Post
    The problem is they really arent interested in yours, in particular. You already have a sub. Your money is already secured. The ENTIRE, and I cannot stress this enough, reasoning behind this is to capture a demographic that, despite the obnoxious please contrary to reality, is large enough to sustain their own MMO market using trademark merchandise they already own.

All the "I wish" "QoL" and "Balance this" is purely conjecture and piss in the wind.

So why not try to help people who arent looking to play current WoW enjoy the game Blizzard is specifically bringing back for them instead of burdening their complaints with faux concern? Why not work on putting opinions in about functions that DONT have an effect on gameplay, like visuals, or sound, or map glitches?
    If they ask I’ll tell them what I want. Plain and simple

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    source, please
    heh. you diddnt read the interviews that were linked .

heh. you diddnt read the interviews that were linked .
    Nothing posted in here is saying exactly what you're saying. They say they want to re-create the Vanilla experience; they haven't said minor QoL changes are off the table.

What they have said is that they're going to squash exploits and DC bugs. Meaning it's not going to be a literal copy/paste of any version of the game that actually existed. It's probably going to be a mashup version with some features from early/mid/late Vanilla that never all existed together.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Nothing posted in here is saying exactly what you're saying. They say they want to re-create the Vanilla experience; they haven't said minor QoL changes are off the table.

What they have said is that they're going to squash exploits and DC bugs. Meaning it's not going to be a literal copy/paste of any version of the game that actually existed. It's probably going to be a mashup version with some features from early/mid/late Vanilla that never all existed together.
    "as close to a 1:1 copy they can make" whats up for debate is the patches or franken patch or if it will be a progression patched thing rolling out as it did exactly when 1.1 went live .

it might not be the exact thing but it is going to be as close as it can. that means no qol changes.

Deleted

It sounds like you are looking at the interviews and just seeing whatever you want to see when they clearly say they want to make it as much like the original Vanilla as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    Wrong. So wrong it's the dumbest statement anyone can argue with regards to this topic.

Legion is the 6th expansion for WoW. Idk how you or anyone else manages to play it accidentally since every expansion comes with an initial up front cost along with the ongoing subscription. The entire playerbase must be fools if they're paying the same price they typically would for a brand new game, but they're actually just getting vanilla + balance and bug fixes. If that's the case why does anyone want to go back to Vanilla, by your definition; the same game but a shitty broken version.
    There's new story, new raids, new content every single time. New mechanics, new classes, new roles for existing classes. If I have to point that out then you have clearly been living under a rock since 2007.

People want to experience the old world and the raids and mechanics as they were back then, with 2018 polish. People want Vanilla + QoL changes, not Legion. Vanilla is a different game entirely. At the end of its life-cycle it was still an unfinished game. Classic has an opportunity to bring everything that was good and more into 2018 as a fresh experience and, even with hundreds of tiny tweaks and improvements, it will still be a completely different game from Legion. You won't get many demon hunters in a 2018 WoW: Classic no matter how many QoL improvements.

Taking my earlier example, despite being on a different engine, that's literally like questioning why anyone would want to replay the upcoming FFVII when there's a version from 1997 that they could play instead. I'm genuinely blown away by how people can be so retarded to make such a comparison.
    Not sure what you're even talking anout here. "accidentally"?
    You're making no sense what so ever.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    A REMASTER of FF7 is different than FF15 in all ways possible. The story lines are different. The game play is different. Different combat mechanics. Completely different games.
    Which of these things is anything but different in Vanilla WoW and Legion? This is exactly the point. Just because they aren't connected as much as the two WoW expansions, doesn't make this idiotic notion stick that Vanilla and Legion are the same game with QoL improvements. If Vanilla was released in 2004 and Legion was released as an entirely separate game with new accounts needed and no progress from earlier expansions, this would be a like for like comparison. They're so different it's like comparing FFVII to FXV, albeit slightly less extreme. Plenty of people prefer FFVII to FXV.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chriscadaver View Post
    Your only argument seems to "This is what I and a few people who still play the game want, so screw anybody else". Where does that leave the large group of people that stop playing the game because it became to dumbed down that want to play the game as it once was?

At the end of the day the people that are asking for what you are, are the exact people that will mess around with it for a month or two then never come back. Where as people that want the original vanilla experience are the people that will play it long term. Thankfully blizzard seem to be smart enough to already know this. Hopefully they will continue with the "authentic vanilla experience" narrative so all this Vanilla 2.0 nonsense can stop.

If you are happy playing Legion, why do you feel it's ok for you to make these demands for a game you probably aren't even going to play that long term, just because you want to "experience a polished Vanilla". The people that quit a long time ago and have been asking for this dont want this,
    Except I don't play the game, and I've no idea how many others want this. I do know for sure that plenty of people on this forum want this, and that their opinion shouldn't be worth less than yours or anyone else.

Who said I was happy with Legion? I hate everything about it bar some minor QoL gameplay improvements over the original expansions. They didn't all come in Legion and they didn't all come in TBC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Not sure what you're even talking anout here. "accidentally"?
    You're making no sense what so ever.
    I'm pointing out how idiotic your statement is with the same troll logic you've applied until now. If that's too difficult for you please reserve your opinion on the topic for people who can actually grasp the basic concept that Legion and Vanilla are completely different games linked only by a game engine, servers and historical character data. The grown ups are talking.
    Last edited by Jyggalag; 2018-01-16 at 11:36 AM.

There is only so many threads you can open on those topics. I feel like they have pretty much been discussed to death. At some point Blizz will come out with some actual models they consider using and then we can discuss those. Untill then, why not build some sky castles and talk about whatever we feel like. Just because we talk about it, doesnt mean Blizzard is somehow forced to do it :>
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Well here is just a thought.

They didn't want to listen to you at first about classic......then they did.

So when do you think they will slowly start listening to the ppl wanting the QOL.......again.......
    This ^

They have a track record of listening to feedback. This does not mean they make changes to classic immediately. They could wait months for feedback after players have gotten into the game and to see how the numbers of players level out. Either way they will monitor it and they will discuss what to do among themselves and with the community.

If they decide to make changes, it will be based on feedback and stats/testing. If they don't do changes it will again be down to feedback stats/testing. They won't blindly make changes like some people think. So just chill give feedback and enjoy the game or stop playing it if you find you don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    I'm pointing out how idiotic your statement is with the same troll logic you've applied until now. If that's too difficult for you please reserve your opinion on the topic for people who can actually grasp the basic concept that Legion and Vanilla are completely different games linked only by a game engine, servers and historical character data. The grown ups are talking.
    I'm not sure why you feel like you have to use these insults but I guess it's becuase you have no actual points to make or you lack the ability to formulate a good argument.

In any case, when one turns to insults that means that the other one "won". Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    I'm not sure why you feel like you have to use these insults but I guess it's becuase you have no actual points to make or you lack the ability to formulate a good argument.

In any case, when one turns to insults that means that the other one "won". Thanks.
    lmao if you say so

Deleted
    Anyone else really hoping for LFR in Classic?

Deleted
    "as close to a 1:1 copy they can make" whats up for debate is the patches or franken patch or if it will be a progression patched thing rolling out as it did exactly when 1.1 went live .

it might not be the exact thing but it is going to be as close as it can. that means no qol changes.
    They actually said that they want to recreate the exact experience (also mentioned recreating vanilla gameplay but that leaves room.for some changes). That is completely different from creating 1:1 copy of the game. You should read more careful instead of being blinded by your own assumptions/preferences.
    Last edited by mmocddaf3ba36b; 2018-01-16 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fistface View Post
    They actually said that they want to recreate the exact experience (also mentioned recreating vanilla gameplay but that leaves room.for some changes). That is completely different from creating 1:1 copy of the game. You should read more careful instead of being blinded by your own assumptions/preferences.
    I believe what they said is that they wanted to recreate the gameplay experience. They've never said anything about making a carbon copy of the old game.

Quote Originally Posted by chriscadaver View Post
    Seriously don't see your point. You're just saying you want to play TBC, which vanilla was not.
    I'm wanting to play Vanilla without the bullshit class balance (ie pre-1.8 'Druids are Innervate Bots because they aren't even viable heals' bullshit) that was there from the start. The class balance was better at the latest iteration of Vanilla, but all that balance wouldn't work for previous content since the actual stat buffs would trivialize older content.

We should be able to play a Warlock and participate meaningfully in Molten Core content without being gimped because MC came out during a patch cycle where debuffs on bosses were limited raid-wide, making you a trivial addition to the group. That shit was fixed, but in a later patch; and if it was just added to MC then all those debuffs would immediately break the balance of the bosses in MC. If they keep it the way it is, then they're basically saying 'fuck Warlocks this is Vanilla, bitches!'

That's why I want to see a rebalancing of the game to add parity to all classes while keeping the content in the same vein of difficulty. The experience overall is 'Vanilla' because it IS Vanilla but more fine tuned to content rollout without being so intrusive as starting everyone off with 1.12. There is much that can be improved with the overall experience and the overall feel of Vanilla can be kept with balance tweaks in play. I don't believe we need to go through the Class-talent overhaul patch cycles that we went through during Vanilla in retrospect. We have the tools available to adjust the gear and ability numbers to keep them relevant throughout the expansion.

Honestly, a 1:1 Vanilla rollout wouldn't be much better in providing that 'Vanilla experience' considering we'd just game the system in a different way. 60% warriors, 20% Paladins/Druids, and whatever fad-of-the-month class is OP during that patch cycle.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2018-01-16 at 06:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by surake View Post
    I’m hoping for balance and QoL changes. I know there is the crew out there that doesn’t want any of that but hey different strokes.
    Why would we need balance changes?

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Why would we need balance changes?
    Make all the specs viable and have a more balanced PVP environment.

Deleted
    AFAIK Blizzard haven't asked for community input and haven't even said for certain that it will be taken into consideration.
    Therefore all avenues of productive discussion are open.

Quote Originally Posted by surake View Post
    Make all the specs viable and have a more balanced PVP environment.
    All specs are viable for something. You want all specs to be viable in PvE, it ain't gonna happen and it shouldn't happen.

And PvP is probably the most balanced it ever was.