Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    That's certainly a valid question for you, as it requires you to have actually dated someone first.

A tad ironic from a guy who had to pay a "bride price". Though, it's true that real relationships aren't always about money. Divorces, however, generally are. The end is never justified by the means, IMO.
    Bullshit. No woman's going to marry a bum just because of love and if she does she's fucking stupid.

Money makes the world go 'round, love isn't going to take care of you when you're sick and you're kids dying of starvation.

Money is probably the no2 reason relationships and marriages end ( first being people wanting to bang other people )

Deleted
    Last edited by mmoc66337a3447; 2018-09-17 at 12:40 PM.

I did and after a weekend get-away / romp I remembered why she was my ex.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mugurelbuga View Post
    Bullshit. No woman's going to marry a bum just because of love and if she does she's fucking stupid.

Money makes the world go 'round, love isn't going to take care of you when you're sick and you're kids dying of starvation.

Money is probably the no2 reason relationships and marriages end ( first being people wanting to bang other people )
    Not sure if your reading comprehension is lacking or if you're just being ignorant, but relationships are not always about money.

10+ Year Old Account
    A few times. Mostly just for sex. Pays to stay friends with exes just in case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricco987
    However, anyone who's been around for a while and been paying attention can say that social status/money are major factors impacting how people are choosing partners.
    There is a vast difference between saying something is a major factor, and randomly jumping into a thread to make an all out assertion that 100% the factor leading an ex to come back was money. Go look at the quote that I commented on to put things in context. Nevermind, just scroll down a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame
    A tad ironic from a guy who had to pay a "bride price"
    Not really, that's a cultural quirk that is at best loosely related to what the woman prioritized. By the logic some are advancing, she should have married a Beijing guy instead of me, because the money we're giving to her mom doesn't even pay for one square meter of a Beijing apartment and the going rate here is apartment, car, and a gift of money to the parents. 2.1 is actually bringing her own business and apartment as part of the deal, so the payment to her mother is purely token.

The quote that I was replying to presumed to say all returning exes are doing it for money and emotional support, completely ignoring for one that not all exes are women. See the post just above what you quoted for the full language:

Quote=Deruyter]Why would they even do that?
    I'll tell ya, they thought they could do better and found out they couldn't and are now in dire need of financial and emotional support[/Quote]

Do you see any nuance there? I don't. I see a blanket statement that treats a chunk of the world's population as if gender alone defines them and completely ignores another part. That's taking the dime store psychic act a bit far.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame
    Not sure if your reading comprehension is lacking or if you're just being ignorant, but relationships are not always about money.
    Yep, thanks. That pretty well sums up why I made my original comment, he even pulled out the money makes the world go round quote that I predicted.

Quote Originally Posted by mugurelbuga
    It's a safe assumption.
    It isn't really. You're committing a horrible stereotype of Americans, but the fact remains you are talking about a limited subset of possible exes. The thread is about exes, not just women, and not just women from the US. @Katie N for example isn't American, but she has posted in the thread.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, and I made the mistake of getting back together with them.

It didn't last long after, for the same reasons. I honestly wouldn't recommend it, but YMMV.
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    There is a vast difference between saying something is a major factor, and randomly jumping into a thread to make an all out assertion that 100% the factor leading an ex to come back was money. Go look at the quote that I commented on to put things in context. Nevermind, just scroll down a bit.

Not really, that's a cultural quirk that is at best loosely related to what the woman prioritized. By the logic some are advancing, she should have married a Beijing guy instead of me, because the money we're giving to her mom doesn't even pay for one square meter of a Beijing apartment and the going rate here is apartment, car, and a gift of money to the parents. 2.1 is actually bringing her own business and apartment as part of the deal, so the payment to her mother is purely token.

The quote that I was replying to presumed to say all returning exes are doing it for money and emotional support, completely ignoring for one that not all exes are women. See the post just above what you quoted for the full language:

Are your in laws also going to be living with you as is customary in China?

Had one message me on facebook. I said no I have a GF. She kept it up and I screen shot the conversation and sent it to my GF. I'm sure she took care of it because I never heard from her again .
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennis
    Revolving door. Pink has both an older and a younger sister, and the younger also lives in Beijing (she's the one they married off to a Beijing guy). Right now, we have the older sister's daughter living with us while she helps Pink with the new shop, and basically apprentices in the health and beauty business. I'm sure we'll have her family coming around to help out when Pink is pregnant, but that's a ways off right now. I'd guess that's going to fall largely to her older sister since her mother has her hands full with the family farm.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Luckily not, because I kiiinda need my right hand for.. things.

[Insert Infraction Here]

Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    Why does this post say you have mentioned me?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie N
    Why does this post say you have mentioned me?
    I mentioned you back up the page as someone who had posted in the thread and wasn't American. It also happens that your ex isn't a woman.

It isn't really. You're committing a horrible stereotype of Americans, but the fact remains you are talking about a limited subset of possible exes. The thread is about exes, not just women, and not just women from the US. @Katie N for example isn't American, but she has posted in the thread.

Deleted
    Yes very recently. Avoid at all costs.

She was going all how she'd love to see me again. I said "sure as long as you understand that it is just as friends and nothings going to happen"

She went mental and started off. Hung up and blocked. Not that I would mind a hookup, but know I did myself a solid favor.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chosenkiwi View Post
    She went mental and started off. Hung up and blocked. Not that I would mind a hookup, but know I did myself a solid favor.
    This is why I generally cut off all contact when I split with someone (Obvious exception for parental partner aside, that is). People are fickle. Last chic I dated kept bouncing back and forth between begging me back and insulting me after I dumped her for being stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    I mentioned you back up the page as someone who had posted in the thread and wasn't American. It also happens that your ex isn't a woman.
    I meant his post, it says in my mentions that he mentioned me in the post.

2018-01-07
    10:17 AM - Tennis mentioned Katie N in post Have you ever had an ex come back to you?

Yes.

Not just for sex, either.

Many many times over, for 7 years, either by me or her, and everytime I broke her heart. Eventually I just fucked off for good, because she's better off without me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretchie View Post
    The first I would have been harsh as hell with. The second I would have replied to her email simply with "you will just have to move on without me"
    There definitely was temptation to be vindictive, but I just ignored her.

The second one my wife answered herself. I don't imagine it was very pretty.

yep, lots of times lol.