Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I don't think there is lore for any Worgen dying from old age. All the Gilneans who have been turned to Worgen but not actually "cured" are still running around Silverpine. The original druids who were lost to Goldrinns curse are still alive, which is saying that the curse does nothing to shorten an elves life.
    Chances are Genn is cursed to be 70-80 years old until he is actually killed.

Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post
    New female leaders: Alleria, Mayla, Moira, Thalyssra, Fareeya (if it's not Turalyon leading the Lightforged)

New male leaders: King Rastakhan and maybe Turalyon.

It is kinda crazy how many women leaders have been added. Can't be a coincidence.
    Could be a balance thing? Warcraft had zero female leaders except Tyrande for nearly two decades, and even then she only led the Night Elves because Malfurion was sleeping it off for ten thousand years.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    do you have evidence that the worgen curse slows aging?

- - - Updated - - -

“DAE think the anti men anti white anti straight agenda is going to wipe us all out? xDxDxD”

grow up.
    No evidence, apart from the fact he is still alive?
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Could be a balance thing? Warcraft had zero female leaders except Tyrande for nearly two decades, and even then she only led the Night Elves because Malfurion was sleeping it off for ten thousand years.
    Azshara, Jaina, Liadrin, Aysa & Sylvanas
    Last edited by CreatureLives; 2018-01-16 at 07:32 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pawstruck View Post
    Not sure if troll, but actually I think I agree with you. The game has been tending SJW since Pandaria, but I swear if they make Anduin gay I'm done.

Also: Lol that the only response from SJW's is "GROW UP" or some other ad hominem insult. It's like they know their worldview is indefensible...
    In this case why world view is that? That characters die some times?

- - - Updated - - -

New female leaders: Alleria, Mayla, Moira, Thalyssra, Fareeya (if it's not Turalyon leading the Lightforged)

It is kinda crazy how many women leaders have been added. Can't be a coincidence.
    Moria has been a leader since cata if your going that far back you also have to count bane, genn, aduin ect.

two. two more female leaders have been added than males, and that’s “kinda crazy” to you? (and actually, moira has led since cata, so one)

what about when tyrande and sylvanas were the only females out of the entire roster?

5+ Year Old Account
    two. two more female leaders have been added than males, and that’s “kinda crazy” to you? (and actually, moira has led since cata, so one)

what about when tyrande and sylvanas were the only females out of the entire roster?
    This right here.

5+ Year Old Account

If Turalyon isn't a leader it would be 5 to 1.

Also: Aysa, Azshara, Liadrin and Jaina. Could even throw Alexstrasza in there.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Yesra alexstra Moria sylvanas that cow girl who poisoned carian ect.

- - - Updated - - -

If Turalyon isn't a leader it would be 5 to 1.

Also: Aysa, Azshara, Liadrin and Jaina. Could even throw Alexstrasza in there.
    Liadrin is the leader of the blood knights but not her people if we’re going to add every lesser leader in a group men still proably outweigh women.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Yesra alexstra Moria sylvanas that cow girl who poisoned carian ect.

- - - Updated - - -

Liadrin is the leader of the blood knights but not her people if we’re going to add every lesser leader in a group men still proably outweigh women.
    I think of Liadrin and Lorthemar as the Horde Tyrande and Malfurion.

Genn is the typical cranky old men that moan for everything

What failure did he have that caused the cataclysm and forced the forsaken to invalid and try and kill every one?
    Hell, first he told the alliance to go "fuck themselves", and build the wall. Which not only cut off Gilneas from the rest of the Alliance, but also kicked out some citizens, which did probably not make them happy. The isolation would later cause a civil war. He, just like during the second war again, was not interested in aiding the Alliance against the scourge. Instead, he ordered Arugal, to summon the Worgen, as a weapon, to fight of the Scourge, a plan, which, as we can see now, gloriously backfired. He brought Gilneas to civil war, gave them the Worgen curse, and gave them a pretty much abyssal reputation amongst potential allies. Gilneas as a Kingdom has already ended, before Cata in open rebellion. The Worgen Curse was just the Icing on the cake.

The only good thing, you could say about Genn is, he wasn't an agent of the Horde like Perenolde. But after Alterac was captured, he attempted to instate the Perenolde clan again as ruling leaders of Alterac... Just for... You know, pissing the Alliance off.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think of Liadrin and Lorthemar as the Horde Tyrande and Malfurion.
    That’s not really the case though as we see liadrin ditching lorthemar to have a vacation in the pally order hall. She’s not leading the blood elfs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    Hell, first he told the alliance to go "fuck themselves", and build the wall. Which not only cut off Gilneas from the rest of the Alliance, but also kicked out some citizens, which did probably not make them happy. The isolation would later cause a civil war. He, just like during the second war again, was not interested in aiding the Alliance against the scourge. Instead, he ordered Arugal, to summon the Worgen, as a weapon, to fight of the Scourge, a plan, which, as we can see now, gloriously backfired. He brought Gilneas to civil war, gave them the Worgen curse, and gave them a pretty much abyssal reputation amongst potential allies. Gilneas as a Kingdom has already ended, before Cata in open rebellion. The Worgen Curse was just the Icing on the cake.

The only good thing, you could say about Genn is, he wasn't an agent of the Horde like Perenolde. But after Alterac was captured, he attempted to instate the Perenolde clan again as ruling leaders of Alterac... Just for... You know, pissing the Alliance off.
    And how did any of that cause the cataclysm and forced the forsaken to invade and try and killl every one?

To be honest I don't like the character much and wouldn't miss him at all, but not a fan of killing him just because. Sure, he's old and everything, but still in good shape. We don't know how the Worgen curse effects longevity, but even if it did not, you could say that he refuses to die while he still has unfinished business (namely revenge).

And how did any of that cause the cataclysm and forced the forsaken to invade and try and killl every one?

I never said he did, I seid he ruined his kingdom between the end of WC II and Cata.
    Forsaken invaded Gilneas, when it was already dying be the Orders of Garrosh, and I just meant to say Genn should just shout up, to blame forsaken for everything. Since for most time, he wasn't particulary beneficial for Gilneas either.

5+ Year Old Account
    That’s not really the case though as we see liadrin ditching lorthemar to have a vacation in the pally order hall. She’s not leading the blood elfs.
    It doesn't have to be exactly equal. Tyrande and Liadrin don't need to be the same character.

7+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't have to be exactly equal. Tyrande and Liadrin don't need to be the same character.
    What time frame are you using to classify some one as a new leader then Jaina has been a leader since classic do we need to compare every male and female leader added since then? And what rank do they have to be liadrin is a leader but not a leader of a people like say Moria.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    I never said he did, I seid he ruined his kingdom between the end of WC II and Cata.
    Forsaken invaded Gilneas, when it was already dying be the Orders of Garrosh, and I just meant to say Genn should just shout up, to blame forsaken for everything. Since for most time, he wasn't particulary beneficial for Gilneas either.
    How is being a poor leader compatible to wanting revenge for his son and country which is what I was originally talkingn about.

So, since everyone else decided they want to go on rampant speculation tangents about social justice warriors and LBGT communists or whatever, I decided to sink some time in the WoW-wiki and find out if there was actually any factual information to possibly explain why Genn is still so energetic despite his age. Here's what I found:

We know that the Worgen curse can only effect Night elves and humans. Why isn't really clear, but the connection between night elves and humans in this case is relevant, which I'll explain later.

But the most direct explanation is simply that while under the effects of the curse any Nelf or human is "resistant to other curses and diseases". This would be the first part of why Genn is still so healthy, even at an advanced age. He's simply not afflicted with any other diseases that might otherwise plague someone that old. And while in actual Worgen form, he gains all the added strength, speed, and better eyesight, as well as animalistic instincts to increase his reaction time. This effectively makes him a formidable warrior that is above normal human capabilities, allowing him to continue to be a powerful warrior despite his age.

Now...as to why Genn is even still so healthy in his human form, we need to look into the "cure" for the curse that was created by the Night Elves that allows Worgen better control over their animal rage and gain control over the wogen form at will: Drinking from the Moonwells at Tal'doren.

The Moonwells, as we all know, are small pieces of the Well of Eternity, which the elves use as a source of power. The Well itself is literally like lifeblood of Azeroth's world soul and is often tied to many races' immortality. Moonwells are commonly used as places of healing and life, and both druids and other spellcasters can refresh their mana from them.

What effect drinking the water of a Moonwell would have on a human isn't clear, but given the connection between the Worgen curse effecting only night elves and humans, I think it's safe to assume that it would be beneficial. And if a human were to drink from a moonwell on a regular basis...say...to help keep the Worgen Curse under control, who knows what effects it might have in the long term. Maybe...extending the lifespan beyond it's normal length, and allowing a human to survive cursed wounds(like a black arrow) that might otherwise kill a normal person?

There's no hard evidence to cite, but I think that between the curse and disease-resisting properties of the Worgen state, and from drinking the waters of the Moonwells, it's safe to say that such a person would easily be able to stay healthy and effective as a warrior far past the normal age where a human might otherwise retire or die.

TL : DR version: Go read a wiki ya scrubs! Have a real discussion instead of calling people SJWs.

stop using wowwiki.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

He is alive because of Plotarmor.