Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What's your Ideal Trinket Setup

Just like the title says, if Robin Williams showed up and said he'd grant you a choice to pick out your perfect trinket setup, what would trinkets would you choose for Anoturs or M+(ik it depends on the affix)?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by killtrick View Post
    Just like the title says, if Robin Williams showed up and said he'd grant you a choice to pick out your perfect trinket setup, what would trinkets would you choose for Anoturs or M+(ik it depends on the affix)?
    The answer is the same for every class or almost.

965+ Arcanocrystal
    1000+ Path of the titan (Statstick or not)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geroaergaroe View Post
    The answer is the same for every class or almost.

965+ Arcanocrystal
    1000+ Path of the titan (Statstick or not)
    /endthread
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Not even close for me.

Acidic Catalyst Injector
    Aman'Thul

- - - Updated - - -

You guys melee or something?
    it's a 5k difference for fire for catalyst over arcano, and i would gladly trade that 5k dps for the amount of salt that people would spew
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

I'm kind of bored with all on use trinkets. It's always macro'ed into a sequence, so it never feels like gaining something unique. Just another line of code to write.
    Maybe I'm in the minority on this?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mage in Pajamas View Post
    I'm kind of bored with all on use trinkets. It's always macro'ed into a sequence, so it never feels like gaining something unique. Just another line of code to write.
    The Vitality one has some game play around it, using it high hp adds. That's OK imo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mage in Pajamas View Post
    Having on-use trinkets desync with most big class CDs would be a good move from Blizzard to make them feel more interactive.

Not quite what the thread asked, but I'd like to see more implementations similar to sheath of azara in the future. It seems to suck right now, because it hits very few boss hitboxes... but with a bit of fixing, "skill shot" trinkets could make the game a bit more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Gammonflaps View Post
    Having on-use trinkets desync with most big class CDs would be a good move from Blizzard to make them feel more interactive.

Not quite what the thread asked, but I'd like to see more implementations similar to sheath of azara in the future. It seems to suck right now, because it hits very few boss hitboxes... but with a bit of fixing, "skill shot" trinkets could make the game a bit more interesting.
    Been playing with the sheath trinket the last few weeks and its totally fine to use so long as the boss/mob is still, but when your target starts moving its the hardest thing in the world to hit all 5 blades. As you say I like the idea but make the blades hitscan rather than a projectile.

Terminus with rop and combustion is just INSANE for aoe, i mean it is often the first source of dmg over ignite and pyro , i used it in a nl11 (3 chested) and it was 4th source of dmg crushing thurible by a huge margin, neither pre-nerf aran ruby can come close
    Last edited by D3athsting; 2018-01-04 at 08:57 PM.
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aktec View Post
    Been playing with the sheath trinket the last few weeks and its totally fine to use so long as the boss/mob is still, but when your target starts moving its the hardest thing in the world to hit all 5 blades. As you say I like the idea but make the blades hitscan rather than a projectile.

Have they fixed it on Garothi/Kin'Garoth yet? I only used it on the first reset because I got a silly high TF in some cache or another - but it would not hit either of these bosses, presumably the hitbox is too high, or something.

I tried it in a bit of mythic+ too, and it would always seem to proc off of the final spell of a pack - meaning I needed to find a wall to blink into so that it didn't fire off and pull the next pack too early

Quote Originally Posted by Aktec View Post
    Sheath is actually so nutty when you can land all the blades (aka, on a dummy). Does like 8-11% of my damage on my aff lock, similar on fire. Too bad it's unrealistic in it's current state to replicate that most fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Gammonflaps View Post
    Have they fixed it on Garothi/Kin'Garoth yet? I only used it on the first reset because I got a silly high TF in some cache or another - but it would not hit either of these bosses, presumably the hitbox is too high, or something.

I tried it in a bit of mythic+ too, and it would always seem to proc off of the final spell of a pack - meaning I needed to find a wall to blink into so that it didn't fire off and pull the next pack too early
    or when you're doing WQ's and you randomly pull bird mobs with it, that aren't even on your screen >.>

High Vitality Resonator and Amanthul's. Easy solution for all bosses that don't have mass AoE to abuse

Quote Originally Posted by DubsEdition View Post
    High Vitality Resonator and Amanthul's. Easy solution for all bosses that don't have mass AoE to abuse
    I don't know what you play, but I'm curious to know why you would take let's say a 985 Vitality Resonator over a 985 Injector?

Because assuming you have good gear all around, you already have good stat priority and vers>>>the 3 stats it gives. Also you can abuse the proc on almost every fight by casting it on someone else. Almost have all top parses include it and either injector/pantheon. I would assume they would use Amanthul's and Vitality if the top people actually had it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DubsEdition View Post
    Because assuming you have good gear all around, you already have good stat priority and vers>>>the 3 stats it gives. Also you can abuse the proc on almost every fight by casting it on someone else. Almost have all top parses include it and either injector/pantheon. I would assume they would use Amanthul's and Vitality if the top people actually had it.
    Actually, looking through the logs, the only Mage who has an Aman'thul uses it with Injector, and the trinket rep is pretty much equal for all fights other than AoE (Beacon and Decimator shine there). I'm pretty sure it comes down to whichever is higher ilvl, but since the guy with the highest ilvl trinkets uses Injector, I'd wager it's slightly better.
    BfA Beta Time

Beacon is a no brainer for fire for all fights with any form of aoe, it benefits from all fire dmg bonuses (including 4t21) and combustion
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

All of you are wrong best trinks are panth, and aman thul not even close really

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hambone2626 View Post
    All of you are wrong best trinks are panth, and aman thul not even close really
    You can't equip both Norg's and Aman'thul since you're limited to one pantheon trinket. Now, if you're saying that Norg's is better than Aman'thuls, you literally have to make no use of all the secondary stats granted in order for that to come close and more than 14 people in your raid have to have pantheon trinkets equipped. Good luck with that.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    You can't equip both Norg's and Aman'thul since you're limited to one pantheon trinket. Now, if you're saying that Norg's is better than Aman'thuls, you literally have to make no use of all the secondary stats granted in order for that to come close and more than 14 people in your raid have to have pantheon trinkets equipped. Good luck with that.
    Well, both of those stipulations are still about a thousand times more likely to happen at the same time than Aman'thul's is to drop at all, let alone for the mage in question, so Norgannon's is clearly better from a realistic standpoint. :P
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation