Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    All i wish is that you would not be required to create ghost group to do this. It should be option that you just toogle like raid difficulty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    Would be nice if they could just let you change the loot system if you go in with a pre-made group, rather than the LFG system. I feel that a pre-made group would be a lot easier to decide what kind of loot system you want, rather than with random people. x_x
    i always mark my group as private so I only bother my friends and guildies
    but i dont get it why blizz wont allow us to change the loot system

Deleted
    Typical Blizzard though. Remove the original instead of letting it stay as an option. Personal loot in LFG, allow loot rules in a custom made group. Everybody happy. This fucks up transmog farmers, and more-so me since I only have my Warrior and no alts. I don't want alts so I am forced to ask someone else to help me just to collect that damn staff.

I'm really happy to have obtained that intellect mail helmet for my hunter before this useless change.

When soloing old dungeons for transmog things does this work like regular personal loot so that most of the time you don't get any drops from bosses?

Deleted
    Easy workaround;
    1. create a custom group
    2. set it as private/lock it behind a password
    3. change loot to group loot

Should still work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Easy workaround;
    1. create a custom group
    2. set it as private/lock it behind a password
    3. change loot to group loot

Should still work.
    does and will never work on dungeons

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    Typical Blizzard though. Remove the original instead of letting it stay as an option. Personal loot in LFG, allow loot rules in a custom made group. Everybody happy. This fucks up transmog farmers, and more-so me since I only have my Warrior and no alts. I don't want alts so I am forced to ask someone else to help me just to collect that damn staff.
    But why do you need the staff if you can't use it anyway? Can you xmog polearms or other 2h weapons into staffs? Honest question, because I don't know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    But why do you need the staff if you can't use it anyway? Can you xmog polearms or other 2h weapons into staffs? Honest question, because I don't know.
    Yes you can.

Many people seem to be ignorant of several changes made to just about all dungeon and quest loot in a previous patch.

Just about all (if not all) armor now has agi/int, int/str or (in the case of cloaks) agi/int/str. Any int plate that would previously only have been usable (and thus lootable with personal loot) for paladins is now available for all classes using plate. Even most 1h weapons that previously had agility or strength now have both.

I usually abuse loot spec to get the things I want. Say I'm running Deadmines on a rogue. Most bosses only have 1 or 2 drops available for rogue. One boss happens to drop a cloak and a dagger. I set loot spec to Assassination or Subtlety and happen to win the dagger. Next time I run it, I'm guaranteed to get the cloak because I can set loot spec to Outlaw. Even if I happen to get the cloak first, there's still a 50% chance to get the dagger on consecutive runs.

Unless they've changed things up, forced personal loot only applies to dungeons (and as has been pointed out, cannot be overruled with a private group finder group unless they changed that too). I agree that Blizzard should allow players to choose though. I'm just personally glad that I now have much easier access to transmog and frankly I'd love for them to implement it (as an option) for old raids as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    I just like to collect it. People collect pets or mounts, I collect transmog that in 99% of the time I don't use. But I get enjoyment out of collecting all drops for my warrior. With each drop I get closer to completion, that keeps pushing me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    Many people seem to be ignorant of several changes made to just about all dungeon and quest loot in a previous patch.

Just about all (if not all) armor now has agi/int, int/str or (in the case of cloaks) agi/int/str. Any int plate that would previously only have been usable (and thus lootable with personal loot) for paladins is now available for all classes using plate. Even most 1h weapons that previously had agility or strength now have both.

I usually abuse loot spec to get the things I want. Say I'm running Deadmines on a rogue. Most bosses only have 1 or 2 drops available for rogue. One boss happens to drop a cloak and a dagger. I set loot spec to Assassination or Subtlety and happen to win the dagger. Next time I run it, I'm guaranteed to get the cloak because I can set loot spec to Outlaw. Even if I happen to get the cloak first, there's still a 50% chance to get the dagger on consecutive runs.

Unless they've changed things up, forced personal loot only applies to dungeons (and as has been pointed out, cannot be overruled with a private group finder group unless they changed that too). I agree that Blizzard should allow players to choose though. I'm just personally glad that I now have much easier access to transmog and frankly I'd love for them to implement it (as an option) for old raids as well.
    On one hand: Yes, it's great that if you just want to get gear that improves your stats, Personal Loot is great.

On the other: If you want to collect transmog bits, it's just annoying that they can't let is switch with ease. I've a goblin warrior who transmogged his sword into a staff with a red jewel for example. There's no way that if I only had that warrior, didn't like alts, and didn't get it in time, that I'd be able to get it. Not to mention, now my warrior wouldn't be able to collect ranged weapons to fill the transmog list.

Quote Originally Posted by Vluffyvlaush View Post
    Yes you can.
    That is totally awesome, and I now look forward to really having a staff fighter

Quote Originally Posted by Spaze View Post
    you can easily use the groupfinder tool while solo farming, just list the group and you can change the loot to group loot. Now you can loot everything what is possible to drop
    Good to hear this will still work. It's kind of a pain you can't just choose the loot type because reasons, but at least there's still a workaround.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    You get no unlearnable drops out of 20 loots on a table, = win.

Aside from rings/neck of course, which with the new system , drop for everyone and can still clutter a loot table.

Some boss loot tables are as low as 1-2 items, much better then the 10+ that had before.

Now end bosses in like Classic still got like 4-7 items sometimes (Baron/Emperor), but that's still improvement over 10+
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-01-16 at 09:32 PM.

Easy work around: Make a trial account and a character on your realm > invite the trial account and make a raid group > then change the loot and log off with your trial account. To bypass the raid restriction on low lvls you can use addons like Leatrix Plus.

They appear to have also changed how personal loot works, making this an all around negative change.

If the boss would drop an item that no one in your group can use, it now drops nothing.

This is bad for both x-mog collectors and people who actually want gear for stats. And I suppose people who want gold / enchanting mats as well.

Say for example, I am playing a warrior and kill a boss who can drop a 2 handed weapon or a shield. If my loot is currently set to protection and he drops the weapon, I get NOTHING, likewise if my loot is set to arms and he drops the shield I now get NOTHING.

While the old system of personal loot vs. group loot had ups and downs (guaranteed to get an item you can use vs. the inability to get off spec / x-mog items) the new version of personal loot is just plain bad for everyone involved.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skulmar View Post
    They appear to have also changed how personal loot works, making this an all around negative change.

If the boss would drop an item that no one in your group can use, it now drops nothing.

This is bad for both x-mog collectors and people who actually want gear for stats. And I suppose people who want gold / enchanting mats as well.

Say for example, I am playing a warrior and kill a boss who can drop a 2 handed weapon or a shield. If my loot is currently set to protection and he drops the weapon, I get NOTHING, likewise if my loot is set to arms and he drops the shield I now get NOTHING.

While the old system of personal loot vs. group loot had ups and downs (guaranteed to get an item you can use vs. the inability to get off spec / x-mog items) the new version of personal loot is just plain bad for everyone involved.
    As a transmog farmer I can only attest to this. Right now when soloing dungeons a load of bosses just drop some gold, instead of transmog pieces (which the system likely considers me not being able to use). It's a backwards change. I don't mind personal loot, but it should go off "is it equippable or not" for the character in question, not by "does it make sense for a warlock to use an agility staff, if not I'll give him/her some gold".

When running Mythic SoO, I had ffa loot by default and not personal loot.. This is after the hp hotfix, and I didn't need to do the fake raid trick with lfg.
    CATA BETA CLUB!
    HearthStone BETA CLUB!