Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I love posts like this. =)

I haven't had to enter my authenticator number in MONTHS. Well, every few months when I do have to enter a code I prefer the SMS code anyway because I can copy/paste it since I get my SMSes on my PC.
    Yeah, these days you don't need to type a number in, your phone buzzes and you press the push notification.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergin8r View Post
    Sigh... guess I won't be getting the extra slots then seeing as I don't have or could possibly use a cell phone where I live.
    lol 1980 is that you?

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Not really. You need to have a phone recurring sub as well. That's just silly. Not everyone makes enough calls to justify a sub.
    I don't have a sub with my phone and I have sms protect just fine. Prepaid ftw.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by M1r4g3 View Post
    I'd rather not have the extra bag slots and get hacked than have to enter that shitty ass authenticator number every few logins.
    Is spilled by every lil'Hater who CLEARLY has no idea how the auth works.....

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Yes, bro. I noticed, thanks for pointing out a little late. Still no problem, both are free. If you can't handle that, then you don't really need those 4 extra slots.
    Incorrect. Having a phone isn't free. People as young as 13 are allowed to play WoW. Before this, a parent could easily just control the keychain authenticator with no phone needed. The kid even gets a corehound pet. Now, those players are screwed out of 4 extra slots unless their parent gives them a phone or the parent has to involve their phone in their kid's gaming activities.

Blizzard should've just made the 4 slots have the same requirement as the corehound pet. Personally, it doesn't affect me since I've had an authenticator and sms protect since they were introduced, but not everyone has it as easy as you, or I, do.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Sonol View Post
    Here we go. According to 7.3.5 patch notes, you'll need the Authenticator software and sms protect too to get those nasty 4 extra bag slots.

In the first round when it was just about the Authenticator, I knew it's a trickery. It was too obvious.
    I'm fine with this, had both for as long as I can remember so it's just an added bonus for me. At least they are giving you a choice and not forcing an authenticator on you.
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't..

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Is spilled by every lil'Hater who CLEARLY has no idea how the auth works.....
    But im talking from my experience using it for like a year or more? I don't know what causes it but it happened often enough for me to get triggered and remove it.

the only time you need to enter your authenticator is when you go the bnet website anyway, it skips that step when you login to wow from the launcher. seems like a non-issue and getting the app takes a minute at most

"And what, Gul'Dan, do we have to give in return ?"

- Blizzard Authenticator and SMS Protect.

"Well that isn't so bad."
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonol View Post
    It's not free. Nothing is free in capitalism. Basically they made many ppl trade a piece of their privacy and security for something that could be bought in-game for gold.

They have 2 of their softwares on my PC already (launcher and game), why should I install an other piece of their softwares to my phone? Moreover, why should I give my phone number to a big-ass company that is well known by millions around the Earth and is attacked by thousands on a daily basis to steal data from?

Giving access to your phone and giving them your phone number IS a great security and privacy risk itself. Only foolish can't see that.
    Because, i shit you not, the world is populated by huge mongoloids who can't keep their accounts private. The CS is always booked with retarded people who had their accounts hacked several times or so many that if they get hacked again, Blizzard threatens them to either properly secure their accounts or they won't assist them any further.
    Basically they made many ppl trade a piece of their privacy and security for something that could be bought in-game for gold.
    You're logging in to rent an account from a game company, you're already trading privacy and security.
    Giving access to your phone and giving them your phone number IS a great security and privacy risk itself. Only foolish can't see that.
    Then don't, it's really simple

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Incorrect. Having a phone isn't free. People as young as 13 are allowed to play WoW. Before this, a parent could easily just control the keychain authenticator with no phone needed. The kid even gets a corehound pet. Now, those players are screwed out of 4 extra slots unless their parent gives them a phone or the parent has to involve their phone in their kid's gaming activities.

Blizzard should've just made the 4 slots have the same requirement as the corehound pet. Personally, it doesn't affect me since I've had an authenticator and sms protect since they were introduced, but not everyone has it as easy as you, or I, do.
    Then they have bigger problems in their life rather than getting 4 extra slots in their inventory

10+ Year Old Account

Ugh, yes, THEIR service is free when it comes to your security - unless you go Hardware.

Dude, some kids at the age of 8, has a damn phone. And really, 4 bag slots aren't even more of a loss if you don't have a phone, not much of a gain either. They aren't screwed either. If you are underage, then you would expect a legal guardian to be part. And I almost swear, there is more people ignoring the guardian part, and just have gamecards/gametokens purchased for them. You aren't forced to have your own card.

And no, shouldn't have shared like the corehound pet, that was a reward for getting an authenticator. Now you're getting a reward for having that, AND sms protection. Free.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by A-sayo View Post
    "And what, Gul'Dan, do we have to give in return ?"

- Blizzard Authenticator and SMS Protect.

"Well that isn't so bad."
    According to some, that is like, their life, it seems. Wonder if Gul'dan gives tinfoil hats.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Why do you think all these companies push using their free apps? Because they sell your personal data and information and use it, of course. This is just another example of it happening, and how many are dumb enough to fall for it.

Prepaid phones don't work, and already reports of people trying this on main providers like Cricket not currently working; basically any 'cheap' phone line option isn't working.
    Last edited by Ahlae; 2018-01-16 at 09:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I love posts like this. =)

I haven't had to enter my authenticator number in MONTHS. Well, every few months when I do have to enter a code I prefer the SMS code anyway because I can copy/paste it since I get my SMSes on my PC.
    Don't even need to do that.

I have to enter my authentication about every 60 days, and all is safe again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ahlae View Post
    Why do you think all these companies push using their free apps? Because they sell your personal data and information and use it, of course. This is just another example of it happening, and how many are dumb enough to fall for it.
    Mate, you bring this problem up just for Blizzard, for, it isn't news? I guess you don't have a credit card? Travel card? Booked a flight? Booked any sort of vacation? Ordered online? Many who provides these services has done so. It is rather common to trade information among other companies now a days.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Edit: Nevermind, I'm broken today.
    Last edited by Renley; 2018-01-16 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Then they have bigger problems in their life rather than getting 4 extra slots in their inventory
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Ugh, yes, THEIR service is free when it comes to your security - unless you go Hardware.

Dude, some kids at the age of 8, has a damn phone. And really, 4 bag slots aren't even more of a loss if you don't have a phone, not much of a gain either. They aren't screwed either. If you are underage, then you would expect a legal guardian to be part. And I almost swear, there is more people ignoring the guardian part, and just have gamecards/gametokens purchased for them. You aren't forced to have your own card.

And no, shouldn't have shared like the corehound pet, that was a reward for getting an authenticator. Now you're getting a reward for having that, AND sms protection. Free.
    Look at both of you, all high-and-mighty with your "they don't deserve this" or "I'm better than kids, haha" attitudes. When it comes to accounts, all players are to be treated equally. This isn't mythic raiding or 2400+ pvp, this is simple account maintenance. SMS protect is nice, but to require it for an ingame reward is stupid, especially since a phone number costs well over $15 a month. A simple one-time purchase of an authenticator was fine for corehound, it should be fine for the 4 slots.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    If you can't afford a phone, but can afford $15 a month, then you can afford $6.50 for a physical authenticator.
    https://gear.blizzard.com/us/authenticators

You do not need a phone for the app or SMS protection. People just love to overreact.
    Do you even know what SMS protection is? SMS requires a phone number. Blizzard's system TEXTS you. Both an authenticator AND SMS protect is required for the 4 slots.

Look at both of you, all high-and-mighty with your "they don't deserve this" or "I'm better than kids, haha" attitudes. When it comes to accounts, all players are to be treated equally. This isn't mythic raiding or 2400+ pvp, this is simple account maintenance. SMS protect is nice, but to require it for an ingame reward is stupid, especially since a phone number costs well over $15 a month. A simple one-time purchase of an authenticator was fine for corehound, it should be fine for the 4 slots.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you even know what SMS protection is? SMS requires a phone number. Blizzard's system TEXTS you.
    Edit: Nevermind, I'm broken today.
    Last edited by Renley; 2018-01-16 at 09:49 PM.

Jesus Christ, people the salt mines must be getting pretty fucking barren if this is what we're crying about today.

That is blocked by Blizzard, welcome to 2018. It won't work for SMS protect.

Hi, glad to be here.

Prepaid phone numbers don't work. Can you confirm Blizzard will accept virtual numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by Ahlae View Post
    That is blocked by Blizzard, welcome to 2018. It won't work for SMS protect.
    Yeah, didn't realize that, my mistake. Thought it did. Unfortunate. :\

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, glad to be here.

Prepaid phone numbers don't work. Can you confirm Blizzard will accept virtual numbers?
    I was mistaken, thought they accepted VOIP numbers, but apparently they do not. TIL!