Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    So ignoring the giant problem with the concept that if someone doesn't want our help we should just let them suffer...

Why the hell did you put mentally handicapped in that list? You think the mentally handicapped are capable of making the sorts of decisions you think are made to warrant abandoning them?

That's and extra awful level of heartlessness there. You just equated the mentally handicapped with substance abuse.
    Ignored as in, don't give them money.

I really meant mental illness which likely is because caused by drug use. But stupidity plays a part in it as well. I would rather help the people who wnat to be helped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    I really meant mental illness which likely is because caused by drug use.
    Lol, what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    After reading through this thread I am convinced that the US in general should be doing more things like Calfornia. So thank you for creating this thread, @jimboa24
    Agreed. The poverty issue was just about a lie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Lol, what?
    Too hard for you to understand? Hardcore drug use literally fries your brain into all sorts of ailments. Schizophrenia comes to mind first.
    Last edited by zEmini; 2018-01-16 at 10:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too hard for you to understand? Hardcore drug users literally fry their brain into all sorts of ailments. Schizophrenia comes to mind first.
    Correlation does not imply causation; in fact, it's equally if not more likely that people with natural proclivities to mental illness are drawn to substance abuse.

Also, stimulant psychosis is not schizophrenia.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Correlation does not imply causation; in fact, it's equally if not more likely that people with natural proclivities to mental illness are drawn to substance abuse.

Also, stimulant psychosis is not schizophrenia.
    It is probably both. I have seen a normal person get into heavy drugs and become ... whatever it is you are referring too. She isn't normal anymore and suffers from all sorts of mental and social problems. Doctors blamed the drugs (opiods, then heroin) on the cause.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ignored as in, don't give them money.

I really meant mental illness which likely is because caused by drug use. But stupidity plays a part in it as well. I would rather help the people who wnat to be helped.
    So my autism, depression and anxiety were caused by drug use when I have never touched an illegal drug in my life?

What the hell are you on?

10+ Year Old Account
    It is probably both. I have seen a normal person get into heavy drugs and become ... whatever it is you are referring too. She isn't normal anymore and suffers from all sorts of mental and social problems. Doctors blamed the drugs (opiods, then heroin) on the cause.
    Anecdotes aren't evidence, just so you're aware.

Chances are she had a psychological predisposition towards mental illness regardless.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    After reading through this thread I am convinced that the US in general should be doing more things like Calfornia. So thank you for creating this thread, @jimboa24
    What is weird is I feel like California, or at least its cities should really learn some lessons from Portland OR.

California is a fine place, its major issue though is its housing and inflated cost of living. But it isn't like these are intractable problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anecdotes aren't evidence, just so you're aware.

Chances are she had a psychological predisposition towards mental illness regardless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    So my autism, depression and anxiety were caused by drug use when I have never touched an illegal drug in my life?

What the hell are you on?
    Are you denying that heavy drug use will not cause permanant mental problems?

Sorry but ill take the words of doctors over someone random people on the internet. The earth is flat, and climate change is fake news.

7+ Year Old Account

Sorry but ill take the words of doctors over someone random people on the internet. The earth is flat, and climate change is fake news.
    Heavy drug use can cause mental issues. I doubt its the sole cause of mental issues, or homelessness.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account

None of your last several posts make any sense. Nor do they do anything to make your previous post any less terrible.

Also just make yourself more clear. I can't tell if you are a flat earther or you are mocking them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    None of your last several posts make any sense.
    Perhaps he's been using the drugs?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Before I did drugs, I had limitless problems... now I have just one! Thanks meth!
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Awful, I don't use the drugs, I only use what God gave me. I only take 100% organic Drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by xRandx View Post
    Awful, I don't use the drugs, I only use what God gave me. I only take 100% organic Drugs.
    Like cyanide!
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like cyanide!
    That stuff will kill ya! Unless you drink enough hydrogen infused water....
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    What is weird is I feel like California, or at least its cities should really learn some lessons from Portland OR.

California is a fine place, its major issue though is its housing and inflated cost of living. But it isn't like these are intractable problems.
    People could just stop moving here from Red States because you know they hate us so much.

But when it is 70 degrees at the Rose Bowl on Jan 1. What can you do

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    People could just stop moving here from Red States because you know they hate us so much.

But when it is 70 degrees at the Rose Bowl on Jan 1. What can you do
    I think Cali is a place for a lot of economic migration. the Rents though really choke it out and our cities are REALLY badly made.

Deleted
    A lot of people here seem to pretend that the reason for California being in such a poor state is simply out of the hands of the Democratic Party. Yet they conveniently forget it was a powerhouse under the Republicans. I personally like this quote:

“Liberals thrive on appealing to the groups of people who consider themselves to be "oppressed." The entire basis of their platform is this: "You are oppressed by THESE PEOPLE. The reason you are suffering is THESE PEOPLE. If you vote for us, we will punish THESE PEOPLE and make sure THEY stop oppressing you!"
    The trick, though, is this... the moment the "oppression," or struggle, stops, the minority groups will stop voting democrat. Why? Because if they're earning money, living in thriving neighborhoods, and, well, succeeding in life, they will naturally swing Republican.
    So what do liberals do?
    Well, to use their own terminology... they oppress them!
    Liberals WANT single mothers dependent on the State, they want soaring black crime rates and fatal encounters with police officers, they want hispanics to remain unassimilated and not a part of American culture, they want women to be wild and unruly in order to scare off the good men who would otherwise be interested in starting a family with them... THEY, THE LIBERALS, WANT ALL THESE THINGS. Why? BECAUSE IT KEEPS THEM IN POWER!”

The guy is a bit emotional about it, but he’s right on the money.

If any blue voters here ever plan on moving to red states, please show some decency and leave your voting habits behind. We don’t want them to turn into the same shithole that is California.