Thread: MechaStorm

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

MechaStorm

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty cool. Love the skins.
    "The Russians can't beat us at anything--they can't even feed themselves." Woody Hayes

10+ Year Old Account
    Now the fate of our world... Every world... Rest in thier hands...

Meh pretty cringy. The first ugly cartoon that was released with Kel'thuzad was funny as a novelty but going again for the same style for their trailer isn't doing it for me.

I know it's just a skin promo video, but I can't help but compare them to PROJECT skins and their promo video for LoL... and the gap is huge (and that's coming from someone who likes HotS and doesn't really play LoL).

I'd rather have them make promo videos on the game engine rather than continue this... cringe-worthy, ugly... cartoon trend.

10+ Year Old Account
    people can call it what they want... but that fucking bloodlust moment was epic XD no waitl... LEGENDARY! reminds me of tekkaman XD

No Tusk Club.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Meh pretty cringy. The first ugly cartoon that was released with Kel'thuzad was funny as a novelty but going again for the same style for their trailer isn't doing it for me.

I know it's just a skin promo video, but I can't help but compare them to PROJECT skins and their promo video for LoL... and the gap is huge (and that's coming from someone who likes HotS and doesn't really play LoL).

I'd rather have them make promo videos on the game engine rather than continue this... cringe-worthy, ugly... cartoon trend.
    It's far from cringe worthy, not even close. It has a very anime feel to it and those that like mechs and anime will love this kind of marketing.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Dude, get over yourself. It's done in the old transformers/90s cartoon style, and probably intentionally because they are MECHA. You know, like Transformers?
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagonos View Post
    Dude, get over yourself. It's done in the old transformers/90s cartoon style, and probably intentionally because they are MECHA. You know, like Transformers?
    Umm, I know what this is supposed to be inspired by and the style reference, but it doesn't change how I feel about it. This is art and how people feel about art is subjective matter, not something you "get over yourself", and the way I feel about it, is that it's cheap, looks poor, and is cringy.

Especially when you compare it to Leagues of Legends similar set of skins and their reveal video, which kinda makes this poor cartoon look like some indie companie's budget rip off... This video is a turn off for me, rather than something invoking hype.

10+ Year Old Account
    Umm, I know what this is supposed to be inspired by and the style reference, but it doesn't change how I feel about it. This is art and how people feel about art is subjective matter, not something you "get over yourself", and the way I feel about it, is that it's cheap, looks poor, and is cringy.

Especially when you compare it to Leagues of Legends similar set of skins and their reveal video, which kinda makes this poor cartoon look like some indie companie's budget rip off... This video is a turn off for me, rather than something invoking hype.
    ...This is hardly indie company budget. An indie company couldn't come close to doing what was done in the trailer. You need your eyes checked if it's cheap and poor. It's one thing to not like the style but to call it cheap and *poor* is just incorrect on all levels.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

"Blah blah If i dont like it its bad blah blah i think only high rez art styles are valid blah
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

10+ Year Old Account

Using the word "cringe" in this context is a gross misuse of the word. It's people like you who make the word lose all of its meaning, because you apply it to pretty much anything you dislike. You trying to sound like an intellectual and that "ugly cartoons" are beneath you is what I would call cringe.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2018-01-17 at 04:44 AM.

Having an opinion doesnt make it valid. If i were to believe the earth is flat id be wrong. If i had a reason like "only astronaughts have been in space" as justification id be stupid And wrong

The art style obviously took several animators months to work on so if u think its low budget or bad artistically you are objectively wrong.

If u think it doesnt have as much effort put it into it as other things and thats bad you are objectively wrong because the value of that is detetmined by the want of effort. They just wanted a cool video displaying some themed skibs in a video with the inspired style. Your criticisms are ALWAYS trash if you dont consisider the intent with the piece.
    If i said steven universe is horrible because its a lousy murder mystery id be wrong and stupid and my opinion invalid

Finally u basically just insulted it without any explanation.
    If you want your criticisms to critique well then u should CRITICIZE it objectively no insult it because u projected something its not onto your expectations
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyway, as a mech fan, and being into Transformers, this video is pretty kickass. The animation is actually top notch. A clear improvement over the Kel'thuzad trailer, which I also really enjoyed. Honestly wished they made an animated series of this stuff, or at least of any of their current franchises. Such huge potential for new stories outside of the games, books, and comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Using the word "cringe" in this context is a gross misuse of the word. It's people like you who make the word lose all of its meaning, because you apply it to pretty much anything you dislike. You trying to sound like an intellectual and that "ugly cartoons" are beneath you is what I would call cringe.
    Hilarious how you call me out on misuing the word cringe and then use it yourself in a same manner. I'm not a native english speaker but as far as I know, feeling cringe is when someone tries to generate specific emotion (in this situation - hype, making a cool video) but misses the mark and ends up with something that makes you feel embarassed or unconformtable. Fits perfectly to how I felt when I saw this video.

Deleted
    Hilarious how you call me out on misuing the word cringe and then use it yourself in a same manner. I'm not a native english speaker but as far as I know, feeling cringe is when someone tries to generate specific emotion (in this situation - hype, making a cool video) but misses the mark and ends up with something that makes you feel embarassed or unconformtable. Fits perfectly to how I felt when I saw this video.
    Your way of justifying the word cringe is cringing.

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    Having an opinion doesnt make it valid. If i were to believe the earth is flat id be wrong. If i had a reason like "only astronaughts have been in space" as justification id be stupid And wrong

The art style obviously took several animators months to work on so if u think its low budget or bad artistically you are objectively wrong.

If u think it doesnt have as much effort put it into it as other things and thats bad you are objectively wrong because the value of that is detetmined by the want of effort. They just wanted a cool video displaying some themed skibs in a video with the inspired style. Your criticisms are ALWAYS trash if you dont consisider the intent with the piece.
    If i said steven universe is horrible because its a lousy murder mystery id be wrong and stupid and my opinion invalid

Finally u basically just insulted it without any explanation.
    If you want your criticisms to critique well then u should CRITICIZE it objectively no insult it because u projected something its not onto your expectations
    I can't be wrong on how I feel about art, sorry but comparing opinions on art to opinions on facts (you can't have opinions on facts, you either know something or don't), just makes any further conversation with you irrelevant to me. When I call it low budget it's how I feel about it, not what I know, if it really took "several artists months" to make this, then it was a horrible waste of their work, because it still looks cheap and bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Your way of justifying the word cringe is cringing.
    Your way of quoting me out of the blue just to say this is even more cringing.

the trailer was awesome, remindes me more of gundam than transformers

, because it still looks cheap and bad.
    You may not like the art style(that is your opinion, after all) but it certainly does not look "cheap" to anyone who has even the remotest fucking clue about animation. You can say it looks cheap, and you can say your McDonald's Big Mac tastes gourmet, but anyone who's not a moron is going to know you're flat out wrong on both subjects.

10+ Year Old Account

only thing cringe worthy is your attitude towards it tbh
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Thought it was awesome.

Mod note: It's OK to enjoy different things.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh