Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    for a small patch that dont add much, that extended maintenance was unexpected tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post
    There was one time they did award playtime for downtime. I think it was after 2.2.0 It was measly, a day or 4, the servers were jacked up for a week. I don't think you'll be seeing it again. XD
    What? In the first year of the game they gave tons of comp time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    for a small patch that dont add much, that extended maintenance was unexpected tbh
    The amount of server changes going into this patch rivals an expansion launch. All the databases for every mob/quest/dungeon/etc from 1-100 are being changed. "Small patch"

*Bendy's Voice*

Let me in!
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Quote Originally Posted by Basileus View Post
    I thought conspiracy theory stuff wasn't allowed?
    How very slanderous lol!!!

What did you even really say here after all???

Care to translate this???

Whatever do you mean???

Please do tell!!!
    Last edited by MagusHenosis; 2018-01-16 at 11:28 PM.
    "Haters gonna hate, whatcha gonna do?

They're haters after all, it's what they do!" - The Legend, aka "The Best," aka "The Champ," aka "Speedymage," aka "MagusHenosis," aka "The Grim Reaper of Top Players"

Someone must have spilled their Latte.

Clearly they are surprising us with early launch of 8.0.
    Damn that Sylvanas and her sneak attacks!
    FOR THE ALLIANCE!

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Pwncakee View Post
    they should learn to do maintenance during night time...
    They did it while the entire team was in office, I'm betting they are doing a ton of QA right now before they put the servers online.

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    I remember a time when this was a 1 am to 11 am ordeal. Blizzard doing maintenance during peak hours is fucking horrid.
    I dunno, it started when I was still sleeping/getting up for work, and I'm still at work now.

I'd say during the majority of the maintenance window, most people are sleeping/at work/at school. You might be in the minority bud

I'd say there's a lot more people online at 2AM rather than 9AM.

It's by no means a small patch though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwncakee View Post
    they should learn to do maintenance during night time...
    I mean the people behind the maintenance deserve lives mate. It's just that this is an odd maintenance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    The amount of server changes going into this patch rivals an expansion launch. All the databases for every mob/quest/dungeon/etc from 1-100 are being changed. "Small patch"
    I mean is it not just numbers and scaling? It's not like we are getting some cataclysm revamp.

They used to start the 8 hr maintenance at 3am pacific, back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by ATZenith View Post
    I mean the people behind the maintenance deserve lives mate. It's just that this is an odd maintenance.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean is it not just numbers and scaling? It's not like we are getting some cataclysm revamp.
    You're talking about changing SET numbers to scaling numbers, it's no small feat.

10+ Year Old Account
    small patch.

lol.

just because its a .5 patch doesn't make it small no matter how much you think it is, this is larger than 7.2 was data-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Frosteye View Post
    I dunno, it started when I was still sleeping/getting up for work, and I'm still at work now.

I'd say during the majority of the maintenance window, most people are sleeping/at work/at school. You might be in the minority bud

I'd say there's a lot more people online at 2AM rather than 9AM.
    I assume you're on pst? Because for people on est, it's probably more of a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're talking about changing SET numbers to scaling numbers, it's no small feat.
    I honestly don't know. I don't know much about coding. I just know that the scaling technology did come with Legion. So I have no idea how hard it is to do that for the rest of the game. Apparently pretty hard considering this is the longest the servers have been down for who knows how long.

I honestly don't know. I don't know much about coding. I just know that the scaling technology did come with Legion. So I have no idea how hard it is to do that for the rest of the game. Apparently pretty hard considering this is the longest the servers have been down for who knows how long.
    7.1 or 7.1.5 was extended too.

10+ Year Old Account
    7.1 or 7.1.5 was extended too.
    Yeah but was the 7.1 and 7.1.5 maintenance already 8 hours to begin with? I recall them usually being 5 hours

Yeah but was the 7.1 and 7.1.5 maintenance already 8 hours to begin with? I recall them usually being 5 hours
    Nope, patch days are always listed at 8 to start

theyre up not kidding
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."