15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lagmoose View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-as-head-coach

Looks like Colts have found their new head coach.

Also, Marcus Williams had to block off his social media, because Saints fans are still super salty at him. Jesus christ.
    I just gave him the name "Dunce of New Orleans".
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

15+ Year Old Account
    Would it be weird that if Matt patricia leaves that Bill takes the defense on him?
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    Would it be weird that if Matt patricia leaves that Bill takes the defense on him?
    Nope. First year or 2 Patricia was leading the defense, he didn't have the official title of DC. No one did. Eventually they gave it to him. It might happen again if Brian Flores takes over. Flores has been around longer though and is already getting HC interviews, so maybe they'll give it to him to prevent him getting a better gig elsewhere.

I'm more curious about the offense though. O'Shea has been around a while, but he's a relative unknown and not in line for any jobs elsewhere. I wonder if Bill will take on the effective OC title for the first time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    It's not rational hatred, don't even try.
    10 months on, I'd say this still holds true to anything surrounding the Patriots.

I mean Christ, I'm cheering on Blake fucking Bortles this weekend, and not because the Jags are "England's team"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    So I've lived in Mexico for the better part of the last season and a half. I tune in the other day to see the playoff picture and imagine my surprise when I see Jacksonville, Minnesota, and Tennessee and even Philly are some of the finals teams in it? Lol wtf happened
    Times change. The NFL is built up on principles that make it VERY hard to continue being succesful for a long time. Between lower draft picks and more difficult schedule there's built in escalators, but there's also natural things, like players demanding bigger contracts for being succesful and assitants being poached to be HC or other better functions elsewhere.

So typically there's several teams every year that make the playoffs after not making it before. Nothing new.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the Jags, years of high round draft picks was going to pay off eventually.

They were the Browns, if the Browns didn't fuck it up for 3 years straight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Seeing the browns go 0-16 made me chuckle. That poor team just can't do anything right.
    Meanwhile, they're keeping their head coach, and a team that won a playoff game isn't.

15+ Year Old Account
    So it seems Todd Haley is out but i dont understand it coz realy from a offensive side the Steelers didnt do much wrong most mistake this season came from a defensive side.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Deleted
    So it seems Todd Haley is out but i dont understand it coz realy from a offensive side the Steelers didnt do much wrong most mistake this season came from a defensive side.
    That's how I see it as well. People might argue, with Ben, Bell, Brown and JuJu, they could or should have done even better.

Just checked, over the regular season, they had roughly the same offensive production as the Ravens with Flacco and a bunch of nonames.

10+ Year Old Account
    Third in yards, eighth in scoring is a pretty good offense. If anybody wanted Bell they might entice him by having his old OC on staff. Munchak turned down an interview with AZ, maybe the Steelers OC job is going to him.
    Last edited by draynay; 2018-01-17 at 06:02 PM.

Eric Studesville is going to Miami to be their RB coach. Calling it now, CJ Anderson gets cut because for some reason the team has a boner for Booker and he ends up in Miami.

It kind of makes sense for the Steelers not to be happy with their offense because they should be the highest scoring with the talent they have.

Tom Brady was placed on the injury report due to throwing hand injury.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    For the Jags, years of high round draft picks was going to pay off eventually.

They were the Browns, if the Browns didn't fuck it up for 3 years straight.

They got lucky like the 49ers, all the draft pick turned out really well.

Blake Bortle at 3rd was alright, missed Teddy and Carr (omg imagine if they drafted Carr as QB )
    Dante Fowler Jr good pick, 8 sacks this season
    Jalem Ramsey supreb pick, got into pro bowl and top CB this season.
    Myles Jack was a decent pick too, most of the teams scared to pick him due to his injuries, but he turned out great.
    Last edited by PokeKitty; 2018-01-18 at 02:02 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Somehow i dont think its as bad as it made out to be.

Saying Brady is on an injury report is basically saying water is wet. The Pats play games with the injury report all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somehow i dont think its as bad as it made out to be.
    Assume you mean Brady's hand? It's an interesting look at the beat writers. We know nothing, yet there's a clear divide between those who are already speculating (often the worst things possible) and those who are actually reporting on what they have been told and what we know.

Useful excercise in weeding out the clickbait artists from the actual reporters.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well good thing is that his Xrays where negative.

Mmmmm I'm a bit late, but I bought snacks for the major sports events coming up, including football this Sunday.

Who wants to come over? I mean, it's mostly just healthy stuff, but...

15+ Year Old Account
    Only thing is see is a big pile of calories :P

Hey those are pretty healthy! I mean, not the frozen stuff, but as far as chips go those aren't too bad...I really wish I bought them for the past two weekends though...it would've been way better to spread it out since there were games during the day for both Sat and Sunday.