Thread: Bitcoin

Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Bitcoin

RIPeroonie!

SOOOOOOO fucking happy I sold it all off except for $1k or so when they were at $16k each.

To those who took out a second mortgage in order to buy them at the time, feelsbadman. Should have really listened to Warren Buffet when he said something like "You buy early and when the public finds out, that's when you sell" Well, that's exactly what happened. Bitcoin became a meme and exploded to $19k each and then recessed back down quickly. You SELL at that inflated price, not take out a second loan and ruin your entire life AFTER it's exploded. RIP.

My prediction is that it has not stopped dropping. It will continue to drop more. Wouldn't be surprised if it caves to $1k or lower at this point. Hold on to your butts!
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Why do I feel like the original post was written in the same style as someone who's mom and dad let them invest some of the family savings into btc?
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

it's not the end of the world man, it's just money, and it does not define what is good in this world, there are more important things in the world. As long as you have your health, that is the single most important thing.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    it's not the end of the world man, it's just money, and it does not define what is good in this world, there are more important things in the world. As long as you have your health, that is the single most important thing.
    Just want to say that I in no way think this is the end of Bitcoin/crypto. In fact, I will be buying more after the downward spiral stabilizes and then hope it goes back up to $16k+ before I sell again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Why do I feel like the original post was written in the same style as someone who's mom and dad let them invest some of the family savings into btc?
    Because using mom's CC is all you know? I'm in my mid 30s and own my own big boy house and cars. None of which I took a loan to invest in more Bitcoin like many were.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

10+ Year Old Account
    oh FFS bitcoin has dies 8 times already. It's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    RIPeroonie!

SOOOOOOO fucking happy I sold it all off except for $1k or so when they were at $16k each.

To those who took out a second mortgage in order to buy them at the time, feelsbadman. Should have really listened to Warren Buffet when he said something like "You buy early and when the public finds out, that's when you sell" Well, that's exactly what happened. Bitcoin became a meme and exploded to $19k each and then recessed back down quickly. You SELL at that inflated price, not take out a second loan and ruin your entire life AFTER it's exploded. RIP.

My prediction is that it has not stopped dropping. It will continue to drop more. Wouldn't be surprised if it caves to $1k or lower at this point. Hold on to your butts!
    People knew this crash was coming, it will recover though, it's only gone back just over 1 month in value and many coins are still above what they were a month a go, Bitcoin hitting 10k this year was already predicted by a few of the youtubers before all the drama this week. You sold your coins at a decent time, but a lot of people did the same and will now buy back in at cheaper price for a net gain.

It's not going to drop to 1k, but you can quote me if it does.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Because using mom's CC is all you know? I'm in my mid 30s and own my own big boy house and cars.
    Oh perfect. At first, you came off as a kid who was freaking out about something everyone had been expecting for a long time now and blasting buzz words like a twitch chat meme guru, but then you cleared things up by confirming that you were an adult with big boy houses and cars.

Keep on pwning the crypto game with your inside knowledge, fellow adult.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Oh perfect. At first, you came off as a kid who was freaking out about something everyone had been expecting for a long time now and blasting buzz words like a twitch chat meme guru, but then you cleared things up by confirming that you were an adult with big boy houses and cars.

Keep on pwning the crypto game with your inside knowledge, fellow adult.
    If you don't stop cyberbullying me, I'm going to tell my 67 year old mom on you. She'll call your mom and get you grounded for sure.

RIPeroonie!

"guys its not a bubble , stop saying its a bubble it will go up to 30k soon tm "

well this happens when idiots with no experience in economy try to make easy bucks

dont midsunderstand me - gz to you for making decent $ but we will see some suicides and social unrest because of what is happening right now to cryptcurrencies.

RIPeroonie!

The assumption that BTC will ever be anything more than a quick commodity to trade in or for the Chinese to hide their wealth in so they don't have to pay taxes is where everyone fails.

Unfortunately other crypto currency technology has greatly usurped the usefulness of BTC technology, and the "coin" itself isn't worth much without wide spread adoption of the technology itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    absolutely not in any way a pyramid scheme

Yeah I feel really bad for some of my friends (who I told it's a bubble) and put thousands of dollars into that shit. I actually had bitcoin before this recent hype and sold it. Seemed like there were people who suffered from FOMO and tried to buy in during the hype (bad idea) and lost quite a bit.

It's currently at the same value it was at the start of December, people acting like this is the end of all days because it hit a 6 week low after a year where it gained 10-20x value, now the scared folks are going to sell all their BTC (many losing money) while all the big boys suck it all up for cheap and make more gains when it goes back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    It's currently at the same value it was at the start of December, people acting like this is the end of all days because it hit a 6 week low after a year where it gained 10-20x value, now the scared folks are going to sell all their BTC (many losing money) while all the big boys suck it all up for cheap and make more gains when it goes back up.

Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    It is fine, people are acting like the house is burning down because they only learned about Bitcoin 4 weeks ago and it's just hit an alltime low, in that 4 weeks. It's like they forgot the value it's currently at is over 1000% up from a year ago.

Really not the end of the world, or at all unusual.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2018-01-16 at 11:41 PM.

The whole cryptocurrency market has been trending downward...and dropping.

RIPeroonie!

awww how cute, I remember my first crypto crash. How much money did your mom let you invest? 100$ There are always crashes...and then there is always the retrace. This dude said RIPERONI, lmao

- - - Updated - - -

This is 235rd time Bitcoin has "died" https://99bitcoins.com/obituary-stats/ crashses always happen, and always will, part of the game. OP is just a kid who must have learned about/got into crypto very recently...

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    RIPeroonie!

When did you buy in?

Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    oh FFS bitcoin has dies 8 times already. It's fine.

Internet stocks had the same pattern before they finally died for real.
    Penny stocks had the same pattern before they finally died for real.
    Silver runs.....

etc etc etc

there are bubbles all the time and this is a perfect example of one. is this the end or will there be another pump and dump before the final death?
    Who knows. i mean AOL lived for a very long time after they popped.....

So is this the mandatory daily crypocurrency thread?
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2018-01-17 at 12:03 AM.