10+ Year Old Account
    Hehehehe.

I'm going to hell for making people play MK8 at 200cc, mushroom only, on rainbow road.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Hehehehe.

I'm going to hell for making people play MK8 at 200cc, mushroom only, on rainbow road.
    Ya there is a special place in hell for ya LOL.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Hehehehe.

Acts of war are usually frowned upon ya know...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    It's not ethical to expose people's faults. Only scumbags and bitches do that.
    The right thing would be to try to stop the behaviour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    What's wrong with him buying a home? Please don't pry into others' lives and make judgements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xezar View Post
    So question, I bought a usb c cable with the intention of using wall chargers (for like phones and such) instead of paying $30 or whatever ridiculous amount for an official charger for use on trips. But I read somewhere that the Switch needs like a higher amp charger (5 instead of the 2.1 for phones?). So will it actually charge the switch any, or do I need to dig around and find a higher amp wall charger as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Yeah, sadly you need to make sure its the right amp charger, but to simply charge it undocked you should be fine with just about any.
    You can find them relatively cheap online, as well.

These three support 15AMP (you can use them with the Dock):
    https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Swit...TP2D3XDSXWM1P1
    https://www.amazon.com/Pegly-Charger...tch+ac+adapter
    https://www.amazon.com/Whiteoak-Adap...tch+ac+adapter

These will only work in handheld/undocked charging:
    https://www.amazon.com/AC-Adapter-Ni...tch+ac+adapter
    https://www.amazon.com/ButterFox-Ada...tch+ac+adapter
    https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-...tch+ac+adapter

The Handheld ones are like $10, the 15AMP go up to about $20.
    Umm... so a few things. There is no standard separating phones or tablets for amperage, there is a standard called USB Power Delivery containing multiple Voltage steppings and Amperage, basically 3A max for almost all Voltage steps but 20V up to 100W total or 20V@5A. 15A charger is also extremely high. The spec for Nintendo charger is 15V@2.6A which translates to 39W cause P = VI. However the switch doesn't need all 39W, in fact it never uses that much. The dock itself has an output of 15V@1.2A, so 18W of the budgeted 39W input is being used for USB and HDMI. Allowing for 21W for the Switch with about 5W over provision since it only really uses about 16W when charging and in load while docked.

While very nit picky, Amps and Volts do have extremely different meaning and uses. One will kill you, and the other will shock you. However the one that shocks you is also needed to pass a barrier to kill you.

Anyways, the problem with the switch while docked is that the switch dock only accepts 15V@2.6A, so a switch fried is because the dock is basically a cheap piece of shit that doesn't have any different voltage input and control.

Kirby preload is already live 2 fucking months before the game comes out.

I mean, we already knew Nintendo just sits on finished games and releases them when they feel like it but they're not even hiding it anymore.

But let's rush out a clearly unpolished Xenoblade game when we likely already had finished Kirby and finished Bayonetta ports that could have filled that release month!
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-01-16 at 06:38 AM.

https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=2...78-mai-bus_all

In an interview with Mainichi, Kimishima explains how Nintendo wants to keep up the pace with the Switch during the next year.

I'm copy/pasting Go Nintendo's summary:

• In order to be playable in the long term, the second year is crucial."
    • "Our task is to add more users, including people who barely touch game consoles.”
    • Nintendo has to expand the game library, take in new players, and raise the Switch as “a game console with long lifespan”
    • Kimishima believes overall worldwide momentum for Switch is rivaling the Wii era
    • Nintendo has reached most early adopters because they really like Nintendo’s games
    • Nintendo’s games are focused on the family demographic
    • in the Switch's future, different sorts of genres will be covered by third-parties, which will help expand the system’s user base
    • if Nintendo doesn’t think of new ways to play, Switch momentum could stop due to competition from other hardware creators
    • there is a possibility in the future that the method to deliver surprises to customers may change
    • to equalize earnings, it is important to always maintain unique ideas
    Last edited by johnhoftb; 2018-01-16 at 11:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is the one game/franchise which is technically possible to be on the switch that you dont think we will ever get?

Final Fantasy 9 or preferably 9 remake. One of my favorite games of all time. Id love to play it again on switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    What is the one game/franchise which is technically possible to be on the switch that you dont think we will ever get?

Final Fantasy 9 or preferably 9 remake. One of my favorite games of all time. Id love to play it again on switch.
    Wouldn't rule out any FF game with how many ports/remakes the DS and PSP got.

If there is one thing Square loves, it's people who will pay full prices for old ass ports. Just look at their $60 price tag on TWEWY.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I don't think you understand what preload means. It's not a completed game being preloaded much of the time.
    Uhh, yes it is.

Preloads don't contain day 1 patches but those are just minor polish and bug fixes. Of which with a Kirby game Nintendo/Hal has probably already had polished for months. Outside of possible DLC I doubt a game like this will even have a patch. For example the day 1 patch in Xenoblade 2 only added the dlc menu to the game. That's it. The preload went up 2.5 weeks before the game came out, not 2 months.

Any preload on modern systems is literally playable the second the game unlocks, regardless of if you're connected to the internet for the day 1 patch or not. They all have internal clocks for unlocking now. I think you're the one who doesn't understand what a preload is. The earliest games have ever been preloadable before is like 2 weeks, which is review copy builds. Nintendo putting up a preload 2 months before game comes out = it's 100% done and playable fully.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA, thanks for the laugh.
    Let me guess the Bayonetta 2 and 2 preloads aren't the full game even though their file sizes are basically identical to the Wii U versions?

Thanks for the laugh indeed kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Umm... so a few things. There is no standard separating phones or tablets for amperage, there is a standard called USB Power Delivery containing multiple Voltage steppings and Amperage, basically 3A max for almost all Voltage steps but 20V up to 100W total or 20V@5A. 15A charger is also extremely high. The spec for Nintendo charger is 15V@2.6A which translates to 39W cause P = VI. However the switch doesn't need all 39W, in fact it never uses that much. The dock itself has an output of 15V@1.2A, so 18W of the budgeted 39W input is being used for USB and HDMI. Allowing for 21W for the Switch with about 5W over provision since it only really uses about 16W when charging and in load while docked.

While very nit picky, Amps and Volts do have extremely different meaning and uses. One will kill you, and the other will shock you. However the one that shocks you is also needed to pass a barrier to kill you.

Anyways, the problem with the switch while docked is that the switch dock only accepts 15V@2.6A, so a switch fried is because the dock is basically a cheap piece of shit that doesn't have any different voltage input and control.
    All the chargers I listed were SPECIFICALLY made for the Switch, not just random chargers. I just accidentally put amp when I meant volt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Uhh, yes it is.

Preloads don't contain day 1 patches but those are just minor polish and bug fixes. Of which with a Kirby game Nintendo/Hal has probably already had polished for months. Outside of possible DLC I doubt a game like this will even have a patch. For example the day 1 patch in Xenoblade 2 only added the dlc menu to the game. That's it. The preload went up 2.5 weeks before the game came out, not 2 months.

Any preload on modern systems is literally playable the second the game unlocks, regardless of if you're connected to the internet for the day 1 patch or not. They all have internal clocks for unlocking now. I think you're the one who doesn't understand what a preload is. The earliest games have ever been preloadable before is like 2 weeks, which is review copy builds. Nintendo putting up a preload 2 months before game comes out = it's 100% done and playable fully.
    I know some companies purposely leave out chunks of data when you preload that need to be downloaded when the game officially launches (usually a gig or less). But that's typically on PC not console. Though as for the file size shown...they can fake that. A lot of games claim more space than they actually take up to reserve it for later use. So they display at one filesize, but are actually another.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

I know some companies purposely leave out chunks of data when you preload that need to be downloaded when the game officially launches (usually a gig or less). But that's typically on PC not console. Though as for the file size shown...they can fake that. A lot of games claim more space than they actually take up to reserve it for later use. So they display at one filesize, but are actually another.
    Preloads on both the PS4 and Switch do not require a patch to play period. They have an internal clock and automatically unlock and are playable at that time.

The reason that exists on PC is pretty obvious and I shouldn't have to say it for you.

In order for me to be able to play my Switch safely and happily in 6 weeks, can anyone please advise on specific accessories I must own from day 1?
    I am thinking protection mostly, what are the better premium screen protectors etc?
    Anything else you would advise, please let me know
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DStrukt View Post
    In order for me to be able to play my Switch safely and happily in 6 weeks, can anyone please advise on specific accessories I must own from day 1?
    I am thinking protection mostly, what are the better premium screen protectors etc?
    Anything else you would advise, please let me know
    Thanks
    https://www.amazon.com/amFilm-Temper.../dp/B01N3ASPNV Is a great tempered glass protector. I use it on my Switch and don't regret it. EASY as hell to put on and comes with two...just in case.

Also, if you plan to travel get a nice case. There are a LOT of them out there, so find one you like (and that has good protection).
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Just as a heads up, Nintendo Online was not delayed until 2019. Nintendo's official website had listed it as delayed until 2019, but people got in contact and Nintendo changed it back to 2018.

https://www.amazon.com/amFilm-Temper.../dp/B01N3ASPNV Is a great tempered glass protector. I use it on my Switch and don't regret it. EASY as hell to put on and comes with two...just in case.

Also, if you plan to travel get a nice case. There are a LOT of them out there, so find one you like (and that has good protection).
    Think that screen protector with this would be good? https://www.amazon.co.uk/JETech-Prot...8BN18WD8M5J6A8

Think that screen protector with this would be good? https://www.amazon.co.uk/JETech-Prot...8BN18WD8M5J6A8
    I don't see why not, though personally I use a more traditional carrying case with mine since I don't like having to pop something like that off every time I wanna dock it.

I don't think you understand what preload means. It's not a completed game being preloaded much of the time.
    Umm Yes it is.

Pre-loading is you being able to download said game before its release to be able to play it at release. Its so you don't have shitty DL times come release cause a million people are also downloading it.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.amazon.com/amFilm-Temper.../dp/B01N3ASPNV Is a great tempered glass protector.
    ill second this, just got one for my Switch and had one for my first Switch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Just as a heads up, Nintendo Online was not delayed until 2019. Nintendo's official website had listed it as delayed until 2019, but people got in contact and Nintendo changed it back to 2018.
    Doesn't matter when they delay it or release it. They still need to improve it and convince people to start paying for something they been using for free for a year. It would be different if it cost day 1 like the PS4 did.

- - - Updated - - -

Should do fine with it, It is barely noticeable on the system. The Switch fits fine into the dock with it so it should fit that as well.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Umm Yes it is.

Pre-loading is you being able to download said game before its release to be able to play it at release. Its so you don't have shitty DL times come release cause a million people are also downloading it.

- - - Updated - - -

ill second this, just got one for my Switch and had one for my first Switch.

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't matter when they delay it or release it. They still need to improve it and convince people to start paying for something they been using for free for a year. It would be different if it cost day 1 like the PS4 did.

- - - Updated - - -

Should do fine with it, It is barely noticeable on the system. The Switch fits fine into the dock with it so it should fit that as well.
    why 2 switches?

why 2 switches?
    Got my first one right after release and all I had on it was Zelda and MK8D. Was annoyed it collected dust and I didn't even unpack it when I moved so I sold it.

Just got my second one because there is now a decent library of games to play on it.

(I had buyer's remorse on my first one due to Zelda as well)
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-01-17 at 12:56 AM.