Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Theory] Azerite: Cause of the war?

I'm sure most have seen the new ingame cinematics of the alliance and horde meetings, and the reaction all characters who have come in contact with the Azerite have had, the kind of pull everyone has to it.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Azerite
    Azerite is a mineral produced by Azeroth as she bleeds her life essence throughout the world. It is her crystallized blood that was discovered by the Bilgewater Cartel,[1] and the Alliance and Horde are fighting over it.[2] When collected the life essence will be absorbed back into the Heart of Azeroth.

Island expeditions will serve as the main source for Azerite, with maps for them provided by the gnomes and goblins.[3]

Trivia
    Azerite has been likened to plutonium in regards to the nature of its discovery by the Horde and Alliance.[4]
    Being a titan's blood, like the Well of Eternity, azerite is arcane in nature.
    With patch 7.3.5, Jastor Gallywix has an azerite-decorated cane.

Speculation
    Questionmark-medium.png
    This article or section includes speculation, observations or opinions possibly supported by lore or by Blizzard officials. It should not be taken as representing official lore.
    Azerite might be linked to the planetary destabilization phenomenon described in the N [110] A Titanic Effort questline. The Nightwell initially drew power from the Eye of Aman'Thul and through it the power of that titan itself,[5] but after its collapse the energies of Aman'Thul were scattered about the Broken Isles,[6] growing more and more unstable.[7] The appearance of Argus over Azeroth only accelerated the reaction,[8] and Arcanomancer Vridiel believed this was because of the Legion's actions on the planet. Vridiel was extremely fearful about what fate awaited the world after that.[9]
    Remembering back to wrath and the effects certain prisoners had in regards to saronite, yoggs blood, how it drove them crazy and easily influenced, it makes me wonder if, while azerite is the blood of azeroth itself, if it isn't have the same effect on everyone in contact with it, and that pull is the cause of this war, everyone wanting it.
    #boycottchina

tbh my friend if you think sylvanas needs a gem to whisper to her to start a catastrophic world war and get millions of people killed you havent been paying attention

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    tbh my friend if you think sylvanas needs a gem to whisper to her to start a catastrophic world war and get millions of people killed you havent been paying attention
    well heres another theory. What is azerite works in a way of influencing the one holding it with the possibility of achieving whatever your desire is. What it it makes someone like sylvanas think it has the potential to end her undeath for example, that being her motivation.

Theres obviously more then it just being shiny material for weapons, and both horde and alliance leaders suddenly seem driven by its potential without even knowing its properties or how to use it.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully it's just a war for resources instead of another corruption bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell us the last time she starated a catastrophic world war and got millions of people killed.

The fact it is arcane in nature means that it will most definitely be corrupted in some manner or another, unless it already is.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    The fact it is arcane in nature means that it will most definitely be corrupted in some manner or another, unless it already is.
    Where does it say it is arcane? Could aswell be light. Or Shadow. Probably both.

I think in this case its more about the power Azerite holds. Its destructive capability is so high, that no side is willing to share it, let alone trust the other side to share it equally, no matter what agreements they would forge. Until this new level of power becomes normal, war is inevitable. Basically nukes are sprouting up from the earth around Azeroth. And neither side wants the others to claim the majority of them. Until nukes stop sprouting, or become so commonplace they are no longer special, this war won't slow down. And they aren't going to stop sprouting until the end of BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you go by colour, the blue/gold mix says void and light to me. The most powerful titan is from the Planet Nuetralia. Remember to tell her wife she said *Hello*

nah blue isnt void friend blizzard dont have the restraint needed to make anything related to the void not black/purple with glowing clouds all over it

maybe 2005 blizzard but not 2018 blizzard

The stuff is gonna be used to make a giant fucking daisy cutter goblin MOAB which is gonna obliterate Teldrassil.

I always thought Azerite is what Sylvannas uses to burn TEldrassil. I mean it sort of looks like it..afterall, what could be so powerful to blog every ward.

Everything is. From old wounds, to the Broken Shore, to Azerite. The fact people are saying there's no reason for a faction war is astounding. Yet again, people are fucking dumb as hell.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I always thought Azerite is what Sylvannas uses to burn TEldrassil. I mean it sort of looks like it..afterall, what could be so powerful to blog every ward.
    Nope it was stated that it was a fragment of Sageras sword which Sylvanas will use to burn Teldrassil.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    Nope it was stated that it was a fragment of Sageras sword which Sylvanas will use to burn Teldrassil.
    Where was that stated?

nah blue isnt void friend blizzard dont have the restraint needed to make anything related to the void not black/purple with glowing clouds all over it

maybe 2005 blizzard but not 2018 blizzard
    Except, you know, the Emerald Nightmare, where everything is black and red.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    ...Or... Azerite blows up suddenly without anyone's interaction after being stockpiled in Teldrassil so much.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

I don't think the Azerite could corrupt anything. Saronite made sense in being a corrupting stuff.

I'd rather see the Azerite having other side-effects, more like life side effects. Which could be, indeed, interesting for Sylvanas, as it may be able to break her (and her people's) curse.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    I don't think the Azerite could corrupt anything. Saronite made sense in being a corrupting stuff.

I'd rather see the Azerite having other side-effects, more like life side effects. Which could be, indeed, interesting for Sylvanas, as it may be able to break her (and her people's) curse.
    I think the stuff is basically uranium 235 and will be weaponised and when the allies see Teldrassil go up in smoke they realise this stuff needs to be fought over.
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2018-01-17 at 07:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    Everything is. From old wounds, to the Broken Shore, to Azerite. The fact people are saying there's no reason for a faction war is astounding. Yet again, people are fucking dumb as hell.
    I'm not saying their isn't a reason, but you need a catalyst to spark off a war.
    #boycottchina