Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mathias shaw is my employee

so on what grounds does he go off telling anduin about the azerite?

I thought I was the leader of every single rogue out there. Can't I just slap the crap out of him for that?

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post

I thought I was the leader of every single rogue out there. Can't I just slap the crap out of him for that?
    To my understanding, he never actually joined the uncrowned. He would only show up in the order hall when he had an item to give you because of his one ability, and him being a bodyguard/champion was just him returning the favor for saving his life, regardless of faction. In the end I think he's fully loyal to the alliance though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't he the leader of the SI:7? I don't think he needs your permission to do his job...
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

I think you missed the part where the entire rogue campaign was written as if your character was a human.

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Isn't he the leader of the SI:7? I don't think he needs your permission to do his job...
    since I'm the leader of every single rogue, then ipso facto I'm the leader of the SI:7 too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I think you missed the part where the entire rogue campaign was written as if your character was a human.
    But isn't that the right way to play the game ?

since I'm the leader of every single rogue, then ipso facto I'm the leader of the SI:7 too.
    I don't think that's how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    But isn't that the right way to play the game ?
    Seems that way most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    You actually aren't the leader of every single rogue. You're a shadowblade, the same rank as Ravenholdt and the others. It's a council thing not a single leader.
    no, actually I was elected leader of the uncrowned, and I send every other shadowblade where I wish on a whim so yeah I'm pmuch the leader.

no, actually I was elected leader of the uncrowned, and I send every other shadowblade where I wish on a whim so yeah I'm pmuch the leader.
    Aren't the Order Halls disbanding because their purpose for existing is gone with the Legion defeated? With the Legion threat ended, the Order Halls disband, everyone returns to their respective factions, and the player characters no longer have any authority over them. The PCs still be called Highlord, Archmage, etc., out of respect due to their contributions.

Also, it's pretty ludicrous to believe important NPCs like Lady Liadrin, Rexar, Shaw, etc. will be obeying the player characters forever. They will do their own thing as always.
    Last edited by corebit; 2018-01-17 at 01:54 AM.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Why don't you go out to him and ask him personally?

I'm shure he will answer you.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Matthias Shaw is the head of his own order, and chief of intelligence and head spymaster for the Alliance armies. In that capacity I'm pretty sure he trumps the head of the Uncrowned, and even still he'll probably do whatever he wants in any case.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I thought I was the leader of every single rogue out there.
    You seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding about the meaning of the word "rogue".
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

1. That's literally not how being a rogue works.

2. You are the leader of the Uncrowned. This is not an all inclusive of all rogues but rather of some rogues who use their positions to influence global outcomes.

Mathias Shaw states in the Uncrowned quests that he will not officially join the Uncrowned, but he will provide assistance because the Shadowblade helped him and the SI:7. Same as how the Shattered Hand are in the rogue order hall, but aren't part of the council.

So, no, Mathias answers to Anduin, and he doesn't answer to the Shadowblade. Also, order halls are just being forgotten by BfA anyway, so even if he was subservient to the Shadowblade, it won't matter soon enough.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispraise View Post
    You seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding about the meaning of the word "rogue".
    so much this...

Rogues have a blurred sense of loyalty to anything but themselves under normal circumstances. They barely held it together for profit and self interest originally with a few examples of characters striving for something more.

No. The playable character merely lead the combined efforts of a specific class. The anti-Legion efforts are over and everyone is going back to where they were. On top of this, this character specifically stated that he isn't joining the rogue order you talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    To my understanding, he never actually joined the uncrowned. He would only show up in the order hall when he had an item to give you because of his one ability, and him being a bodyguard/champion was just him returning the favor for saving his life, regardless of faction. In the end I think he's fully loyal to the alliance though.
    This right here. He was happy to help the Uncrowned against the Legion but he's still the leader of SI 7 first and foremost.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    You actually aren't the leader of every single rogue. You're a shadowblade, the same rank as Ravenholdt and the others. It's a council thing not a single leader.
    Also this. Unlike some order halls the rogue PC is not the supreme leader but one on a council.

With the Legion defeated the function of most of the Order Halls lose their focus. There's no common enemy to bind members together in favor of the Alliance or Horde.

I thought I was the leader of every single rogue out there.
    You aren't. Rogue Order Hall is one of those where you specifically become a member of a council, granted a seat at a table, rather than some overlord.

Additionally we're talking about rogues here. Dalaran Sewers is a hive of scum and villainy. What is actually holding them back from acting on their own accord or for their own (and their faction's) interests?

1) Unlike other order halls The Uncrowned is led by the Council, not the PC. Don't expect hierarchy in an order of assasins or pickpockets.

2) Order halls don't matter shit anymore. The Burning Legion is defeated and another faction war is about to start.

3) Some order hall followers will be forced to return to their factions since they're heavily involved with them: Lady Liadrin, Tess Greymane, Darius Crowley, Vereesa... just to name a few