Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Guess it's time to get upset over nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    funny cus as soon as they got rid of that exclusivity and prestige is when the pop count took a fucking nose dive and people and guilds were quiting in droves.

- - - Updated - - -

They got an updated model for somthing that hadnt been touched in somthing like 12 years. Why do you deserve somthing that an organized guild and most of a server had to work to get one person? Why do you deserve that?
    Want to tell me where I was asking for the old mount or title? Why do they deserve a new mount for something they did over a decade ago? Why devote the resources for something that almost no one has and no one can possibly obtain?

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    No one is touching the old mount or title. It's still around and still unobtainable.

This is a new model, with a new design (the old one had no beak and bony protrusions and spikes), with new textures, with current development time put into it.

I like the fact that you didn't tackle my earlier points about the WoTLK Scarab Lords and the Archaeology Battle Tank doing far more to diminish the prestige of the Black Qiraji Battle Tank, though. Because you know you can't.
    cus blizzard was to fucking lazy to remove the wrath scarab lords isnt my issue. But it also doesnt mean every window licker in wow should get one. Was a bug in the new servers that they didnt see untill it was to late and didnt address it either. Which i think they should of. Everyone else got thier archeology battle tank, so why do you think you should demand the black one? So what if a modeler and artist spent a day updating a super ultra rare mount? Fuck its the same argument i heard from casuals over mimihead or invincible. People need to accept there are some exclusive things that were given out in the past that they will not be able to get no matter how much they cry unfair on the forums.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Want to tell me where I was asking for the old mount or title? Why do they deserve a new mount for something they did over a decade ago? Why devote the resources for something that almost no one has and no one can possibly obtain?
    why do you deserve somthing just cus blizzard put time into it? By that right im owed starcraft ghost.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    cus blizzard was to fucking lazy to remove the wrath scarab lords isnt my issue. But it also doesnt mean every window licker in wow should get one. Was a bug in the new servers that they didnt see untill it was to late and didnt address it either. Which i think they should of. Everyone else got thier archeology battle tank, so why do you think you should demand the black one? So what if a modeler and artist spent a day updating a super ultra rare mount? Fuck its the same argument i heard from casuals over mimihead or invincible. People need to accept there are some exclusive things that were given out in the past that they will not be able to get no matter how much they cry unfair on the forums.

- - - Updated - - -

why do you deserve somthing just cus blizzard put time into it? By that right im owed starcraft ghost.
    Your argument sucks and is invalid is what I'm reading.

Different mount, so expecting different rules is logical. No one is touching the old one, and no Scarab Lord asked for an updated one.

And no, you can't just sidestep the fact that the Scarab Lord mount's prestige was already ruined before, way harder.

In comparison, letting current players earn this new model does nothing to diminish the prestige, because people can tell from a huge distance which the original is.

it should just get canned. there is no reason to add a new mount for something earned over a decade ago for the 5 or 6 people that are still active with it.
    Last edited by zhero; 2018-01-17 at 05:56 AM.

Yeah. Can't wait until TBC Gladiators get a free mount.
    You joke, but as someone who has the TBC glad mounts I'd happily take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Utigarde View Post
    You joke, but as someone who has the TBC glad mounts I'd happily take it.
    But it's never gonna happen.

I don't see any problem w/ the mount update >_>

Well, I for one cannot think of any better way to spend the art teams resources than making a brand new mount for a few hundred people who did something over a decade ago and already have a super exclusive mount and title to show for it.

Nope. None.

I'm curious how many Scarab Lord actually still play... and how else the time and resources spent on making this could have been better allocated for current content.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by gsfgsjjkg View Post
    Those mounts cant fly.... Oh wait!!

So funny that blizz only gives us the only one that can fly if you have either the money or the gold if you want that whole bnet shit.
    Oh, you mean the Grinning Reaver? Well, it was built on the Silithid skeleton as a base and has the same basic design ideas. I guess it has to be removed because it tramples on Scarab Lords!

Quote Originally Posted by Ithilion View Post
    My only complaint is that it should have been a flying mount
    Those mounts cant fly.... Oh wait!!

So funny that blizz only gives us the only one that can fly if you have either the money or the gold if you want that whole bnet shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, you mean the Grinning Reaver? Well, it was built on the Silithid skeleton as a base and has the same basic design ideas. I guess it has to be removed because it tramples on Scarab Lords!
    Sorry i misclicked i was responding to Ithillion but clearly i didnt delete the comment in time sorry

Deleted
    Yeah no SMS protect for me, my phone number is not valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    I'm curious how many Scarab Lord actually still play... and how else the time and resources spent on making this could have been better allocated for current content.
    This could've been current content. Rare or easy, this could have been a cool new mount (along with the other colorations) for people to farm. But that would be so horrible, apparently.

And there are a few original ones left, but by far most of them still playing are ones that cheesed it during WoTLK. (talk about stomping on prestige!)

Also, they are very appreciative. You should've seen the comment section of the Reddit thread when they thought the new mount would replace the old one (not just be an extra). 90% of the posters were calling it ugly.

Just another thing I'll never get, lol oh well, no big deal. I'll get the other colors and that'll be enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Just another thing I'll never get, lol oh well, no big deal. I'll get the other colors and that'll be enough for me.
    The other colors aren't permanently available.

The blue and red are temporary. From a micro-event.

You're not alone, Yarathir, i've thought the very same thing as soon i've seen Muffinus tweet. Yet, that guy yelled at me when i asked to make the Scepter of Shifting Sands quest item legendary-quality, since all the people who completed the quest could keep it. The answer? "No, you already have enough prestige". Coherent, now who got the mount get ANOTHER ONE for free.

Quote Originally Posted by gsfgsjjkg View Post
    Iam sure the few hundred who still play who have that mount will be very pleased.

Such a great use of dev time like these ridiculous 3 days a year mounts that will prolly disappear when its over and you need to get them again next year just for 3 days!
    few hundred? you mean less then a hundred

The other colors aren't permanently available.

The blue and red are temporary. From a micro-event.
    I know how to read, but thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    few hundred? you mean less then a hundred
    TBH i was being very conservative with that estimate! I doubt anyone who has that mount still plays on my server.

TBH this couldve been a chance to allow all those who have the hammer to ring that bell and get the new look mount.

Yes those who care about prestige would still have the original skin and the title and us mount collectors could have something that we did but never got the chance to complete.