Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eraclito View Post
    You're not alone, Yarathir, i've thought the very same thing as soon i've seen Muffinus tweet. Yet, that guy yelled at me when i asked to make the Scepter of Shifting Sands quest item legendary-quality, since all the people who completed the quest could keep it. The answer? "No, you already have enough prestige". Coherent, now who got the mount get ANOTHER ONE for free.
    It's curious that Ion Hazzikostas just so happens to be a Scarab Lord!

(though I wonder original, or WoTLK cheeser)

But yeah, I maintain that a new model should be available from current efforts. I don't care if the new one becomes the rarest thing ever again, or easy as sin, it should be obtainable from current content, not "you had to have done a thing more than a decade ago to get a mount and title and then you get a bonus title now and if you don't like it build a time machine lol!!"

And the new mount still is nothing like the old one, so no, it does not trample on Scarab Lord achievements at all.

Or do you want all the non-gladiator Netherdrakes removed from the game, too? By grinding rep, you can literally get the same mount model that gladiators got, only without armor.

Meanwhile, this new Black Qiraji not only has no armor, but it has a whole new model and textureset, as well as a different design. That's leaps and bounds more different from the original Black Qiraji than any gladiator mount is different from a regularly obtainable mount.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I know how to read, but thanks.
    So the conclusion is you won't get the other colors. For more than 7 days, that is. And they won't add to your mount count either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    cus blizzard was to fucking lazy to remove the wrath scarab lords isnt my issue. But it also doesnt mean every window licker in wow should get one. Was a bug in the new servers that they didnt see untill it was to late and didnt address it either. Which i think they should of. Everyone else got thier archeology battle tank, so why do you think you should demand the black one? So what if a modeler and artist spent a day updating a super ultra rare mount? Fuck its the same argument i heard from casuals over mimihead or invincible. People need to accept there are some exclusive things that were given out in the past that they will not be able to get no matter how much they cry unfair on the forums.

- - - Updated - - -

why do you deserve somthing just cus blizzard put time into it? By that right im owed starcraft ghost.
    They're getting something for nothing...something you're arguing against. Hypocrite much?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    They're getting something for nothing...something you're arguing against. Hypocrite much?
    They got carried by their guild to a unique mount and title so now they deserve a new mount 10+ years down the line, don't you get it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Give a good argument, beyond "muh prestige". why?

And while you're at it, also give a good explanation for why WoTLK Scarab Lords are ok, and not a total destruction of Scarab Lord prestige.

And after that, why the Ultramarine Qiraji Battle Tank is ok.

[COLOR="#417394"][SIZE=1]
    “Muh prestige” is a good enough argument. I worked my ass of for this, you didn’t. You fucking don’t deserve it. The wotlk situation was a mess and should never have happened. The ultramarine tank ok because everyone knows exactly where it comes from. And it’s not doing the scepter chain in vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    No, exclusivity and the idea that making things 'difficult' (see: requires X amount of people or grinding, rarely ever strategy) to get is rewarding is exactly what made this game the shitshow it is.

People like you just can't seem to separate that from the dopamine releases in their brains. I swear dopamine addicts are going to ruin gaming.
    You have no fucking clue of how MMORPGs work and what basic game design philosophy is. Things like these are what make people come back time and time again and gives their character a sense od value. You just don’t understand.

"bloo bloo bloo they spent art sources on this for a handful of players"

No, they made the red and blue mounts for that micro holiday, and then spent about five minutes recoloring it black, since they were already there. Some of you crybabies need to seriously check out the holidays and what's coming up before getting all ass blasted about not getting something you don't deserve.

(if anything it's a subtle hint about the next expansion's """"totally out of nowhere"""" Old God plot twist that the Silithid, their most prominent minions, are getting HD upgrades. Kind of like how EVERY demon in the game got a rework in the Hellfire Citadel patch, even ones that weren't even in that raid, and then Legion happened.)

It's curious that Ion Hazzikostas just so happens to be a Scarab Lord!

(though I wonder original, or WoTLK cheeser)

But yeah, I maintain that a new model should be available from current efforts. I don't care if the new one becomes the rarest thing ever again, or easy as sin, it should be obtainable from current content, not "you had to have done a thing more than a decade ago to get a mount and title and then you get a bonus title now and if you don't like it build a time machine lol!!"

And the new mount still is nothing like the old one, so no, it does not trample on Scarab Lord achievements at all.

Or do you want all the non-gladiator Netherdrakes removed from the game, too? By grinding rep, you can literally get the same mount model that gladiators got, only without armor.

Meanwhile, this new Black Qiraji not only has no armor, but it has a whole new model and textureset, as well as a different design. That's leaps and bounds more different from the original Black Qiraji than any gladiator mount is different from a regularly obtainable mount.

- - - Updated - - -

So the conclusion is you won't get the other colors. For more than 7 days, that is. And they won't add to your mount count either.
    idk what is so hard for you to understand. I will get them. I will enjoy them while I have them. I get that your mad or dissappointed or whatever, you'll never get the black version, but it really is no big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu View Post
    “Muh prestige” is a good enough argument. I worked my ass of for this, you didn’t. You fucking don’t deserve it. The wotlk situation was a mess and should never have happened.
    Excuse me. You worked for this mount model? A silithid with a beak and no armor?

If I recall, you worked for a 10 year old model and title, without a beak, without spikes, and with armor plating. Maybe you need to work on your vision, because last I checked, you worked (translation: got carried by your guild) for this:

Not this:

You never worked for this, my lad. Get real.
    The ultramarine tank ok because everyone knows exactly where it comes from. And it’s not doing the scepter chain in vanilla
    Same goes for this one. People can see the difference between the old one and the new one from miles away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Excuse me. You worked for this mount model? A silithid with a beak and no armor?

If I recall, you worked for a 10 year old model and title, without a beak, without spikes, and with armor plating.

You never worked for this, my lad. Get real.

Same goes for this one. People can see the difference between the old one and the new one from miles away.
    Are you completely oblivious to the fact that it’s the idea behind the mount that matters? People associate it with that event and that’s the crux of the argument.

Quote Originally Posted by gsfgsjjkg View Post
    Those mounts cant fly.... Oh wait!!

So funny that blizz only gives us the only one that can fly if you have either the money or the gold if you want that whole bnet shit.
    Yeah I also have the store one (bought it for charity but never actually used it much). I still don't get why they didn't make it a flying mount tho, being the very low number of Scarab Lords it wouldn't have made any difference, I think. But whatever, we got it for free anyway

Are you completely oblivious to the fact that it’s the idea behind the mount that matters? People associate it with that event and that’s the crux of the argument.
    No, it really isn't.

That's like making a new Netherdrake model with four eyes and a random horn that the original didn't and giving it to original TBC Gladiators.

10+ Year Old Account
    cus blizzard was to fucking lazy to remove the wrath scarab lords isnt my issue. But it also doesnt mean every window licker in wow should get one. Was a bug in the new servers that they didnt see untill it was to late and didnt address it either. Which i think they should of. Everyone else got thier archeology battle tank, so why do you think you should demand the black one? So what if a modeler and artist spent a day updating a super ultra rare mount? Fuck its the same argument i heard from casuals over mimihead or invincible. People need to accept there are some exclusive things that were given out in the past that they will not be able to get no matter how much they cry unfair on the forums.

- - - Updated - - -

why do you deserve somthing just cus blizzard put time into it? By that right im owed starcraft ghost.
    Do you know what happened when the Zandalari Tiger and Raptor were removed? They added new ones that anyone could get them.
    Do you know what happened when the ZG bear was removed? They added a new one anyone could get it.
    Do you know what happened with the naxxramas proto drakes when they were removed? They added them back to the BMA so anyone could get it.

So explain why the BRAND NEW black mount should remain exclusive when HISTORY has shown that Blizzard has added very similar but different mounts back into game so anyone can get them (with different kinds of effort). I agree that the old mount should never be added back to WoW and should remain exclusive, however why can't people get the new ones? I would ask you to explain it but the fact is that there is no proper explanation for it.

Aw well, I will likely see this mount running around once every month or so.

Where were you when they added other mount variations into the game? Did you also cry because they added a ZG panther/new raptor? Did you also complain that they added the proto drakes back into the game? Get the hell off your high horse, if you did it back in the day you have a TITLE and a MOUNT to show it off. Even if 99% of WoW had the new black one YOU WOULD STILL HAVE THE ORIGINAL ONE THAT STANDS OUT. So gtfo with the bs reasoning that the new one should stay exclusive because it's a invalid argument.
    Last edited by Forgottenone; 2018-01-17 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    I agree that the old mount should never be added back to WoW and should remain exclusive, however why can't people get the new ones? I would ask you to explain it but the fact is that there is no proper explanation for it.
    Just wanna reiterate that I agree with this. I don't want to touch the original Black Qiraji Battle Tank mount or Scarab Lord title, and I don't think Blizzard should either.

Just wanna reiterate that I agree with this. I don't want to touch the original Black Qiraji Battle Tank mount or Scarab Lord title, and I don't think Blizzard should either.
    Like i said why not give it to those who have the hammer but never got a chance to ring the bell?

10+ Year Old Account
    Give a good argument, beyond "muh prestige". why?

And while you're at it, also give a good explanation for why WoTLK Scarab Lords are ok, and not a total destruction of Scarab Lord prestige.

And after that, why the Ultramarine Qiraji Battle Tank is ok.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah. Can't wait until TBC Gladiators get a free mount.
    *before i say anything, ill say that im not for the updated model change at all, quite against it. And that I started played in early BC, my server was a new one so the guy who got it on my server did it during the early days of TBC, so its not like I had much of a shot at it or anything (i was 57 i think at the time, travel form ran all the way to silithus to see the event).

I disagree with giving it to everyone because as you said there is already the ultramarine battletank. Yes its a pain in the ass (still working on it, its been years, in those years, have had ravenlord drop for me 4 times, deathchargers reins twice, alar, invincible and numerous others), but thats how this was too. It was not just a guild effort but a server wide effort. I remember the horde guild who was working on it, getting alliance guilds to do their part (it was dead alliance side on that server).

This was while they outgeared and outleveled content so I can only imagine the people who did it in vanilla with much less in the way of quality of life as compared to TBC players.

The WOTLK ones are to me in the same boat as the dude on my old server. What can you do, perhaps blizz should release new servers with the doors to ahn'qiraj already open. I dont know if they changed that or not but i think i remember something about it cuz people used to realm hop to get it (dont even know how cuz it required a ton of city wide mat turn ins and stuff).

I am assuming they updated the model not as a priority but because given the new expac story line stuff is happening in silithus that is changing these things, and due to that being updated the model got updated (the new quests talk about how they are adapting and evolving due to sargeras blade/strike).
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by gsfgsjjkg View Post
    Like i said why not give it to those who have the hammer but never got a chance to ring the bell?
    Honestly, everything is better in my opinion than randomly giving it to a group of people where the majority of those still playing cheesed it in WoTLK, or alternatively, haven't really done much in terms of intensive play since maybe Cataclysm.

I don't mind if it's easy, hard, almost impossible to get, but a model developed this year should be available from current gameplay, even if it'll be extremely limited like "the original."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keesasha View Post
    Yeah no SMS protect for me, my phone number is not valid.
    dont use the + in your number
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post

I disagree with giving it to everyone because as you said there is already the ultramarine battletank. Yes its a pain in the ass (still working on it, its been years, in those years, have had ravenlord drop for me 4 times, deathchargers reins twice, alar, invincible and numerous others), but thats how this was too. It was not just a guild effort but a server wide effort. I remember the horde guild who was working on it, getting alliance guilds to do their part (it was dead alliance side on that server).

This was while they outgeared and outleveled content so I can only imagine the people who did it in vanilla with much less in the way of quality of life as compared to TBC players.
    Just gonna grab a little snippet of your post if you don't mind.

I'm honestly not suggesting the new mount should be given out with a box of cereal (although I don't care how easy or hard it is in the long run). Blizzard has many ways of distributing a mount like this in a prestigious manner without having to award it to original Scarab Lords. I honestly don't mind which that is, if it's piss-easy or so hard that you'll be wiping on several mythic bosses for hours. I just think current players should be capable of obtaining it if they want to put their mind to it, without having to buy a time machine.

And if we really wanna talk about original Scarab Lord prestige, I think that any of those that got it after Classic/the original opening, should have had it removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    Do you know what happened when the Zandalari Tiger and Raptor were removed? They added new ones that anyone could get them.
    Do you know what happened when the ZG bear was removed? They added a new one anyone could get it.
    Do you know what happened with the naxxramas proto drakes when they were removed? They added them back to the BMA so anyone could get it.

So explain why the BRAND NEW black mount should remain exclusive when HISTORY has shown that Blizzard has added very similar but different mounts back into game so anyone can get them (with different kinds of effort). I agree that the old mount should never be added back to WoW and should remain exclusive, however why can't people get the new ones? I would ask you to explain it but the fact is that there is no proper explanation for it.

Aw well, I will likely see this mount running around once every month or so.
    And i dont support them being added. If you were not there for the content to get them they should be locked out for those that did. It encourages people to complete current content and gives extra incentive to complete when its current. to many people wait untill the next tier is out and blitz the old one. I dont think that should reward anything but old loot and chevos. Just cus you pay for the game doesnt entitle you to everything in the game files.

And i dont support them being added. If you were not there for the content to get them they should be locked out for those that did. It encourages people to complete current content and gives extra incentive to complete when its current. to many people wait untill the next tier is out and blitz the old one. I dont think that should reward anything but old loot and chevos. Just cus you pay for the game doesnt entitle you to everything in the game files.
    Indeed. And just because you're a Scarab Lord doesn't entitle you to getting a new model.

It's a pure fact that the new mount is only similar in basic structure and color. On all other fronts, it's different. Let's count, shall we?

1. It has no armor. The original does.
    2. It is a new mesh, developed in 2017, not in classic.
    3. It has new textures. Once again, developed in 2017, with sub money from people playing currently
    4. It has fairly major design differences, like the mandible shape, the spikes and the beak that the old one didn't have.
    5. The spell ID is different and not shared with the old one.
    6. The mount description is different and not shared with the old one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    Frankly this is utter BS.
    People who did something so many years ago get a exclusive reward for doing "nothing" now.
    Yet you would be called entitled for wanting to work your ass off to get this new one instead of having it randomly ported into the pockets of people that did a thing over a decade ago.

Ironic, is it not?