Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadlington View Post
    "bloo bloo bloo they spent art sources on this for a handful of players"

No, they made the red and blue mounts for that micro holiday, and then spent about five minutes recoloring it black, since they were already there. Some of you crybabies need to seriously check out the holidays and what's coming up before getting all ass blasted about not getting something you don't deserve.

(if anything it's a subtle hint about the next expansion's """"totally out of nowhere"""" Old God plot twist that the Silithid, their most prominent minions, are getting HD upgrades. Kind of like how EVERY demon in the game got a rework in the Hellfire Citadel patch, even ones that weren't even in that raid, and then Legion happened.)
    You know, it's sad, that even after this excellent, rational and well thought out explanation, the same people are still whining about how stupid it was that Blizzard spent resources on this.

I guess some people just want to whine for the sake of whining, and will not be deterred by reason or logic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    And i dont support them being added. If you were not there for the content to get them they should be locked out for those that did. It encourages people to complete current content and gives extra incentive to complete when its current. to many people wait untill the next tier is out and blitz the old one. I dont think that should reward anything but old loot and chevos. Just cus you pay for the game doesnt entitle you to everything in the game files.
    But the question becomes where do you draw the line and WHY? If they didn't do it for those mounts why do it for a new model mount? They completely readded an old mount (proto drakes) without making them newer models, they just added it for anyone who has gold to get.

My main issue is the inconsistency, and at this point why try to change anything? Just keep the old mount exclusive, allow the new mount to be obtained. If you have ever seen a mount train in Dalararn you can see exclusive mounts. The only thing I dislike is the inconsistency.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    You know, it's sad, that even after this excellent, rational and well thought out explanation, the same people are still whining about how stupid it was that Blizzard spent resources on this.

I guess some people just want to whine for the sake of whining, and will not be deterred by reason or logic.
    It totally wasn't "excellent, rational and well thought out" because you happen to agree with it?

And it wasn't really any of that, it was a typical dismissive response where everyone who disagrees is lumped into the "crybabies" group.

I want it as a hunter pet, the new one looks like something that can't be domesticated by a normal player or class. That thing looks fucking angry and like it has some form of super rare space aids(this is not a bad thing in a video game).
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    I want it as a hunter pet, the new one looks like something that can't be domesticated by a normal player or class. That thing looks fucking angry and like it has some form of super rare space aids(this is not a bad thing in a video game).
    Too bad. Only the red one is tameable because aside from giving Ion a new mount, they couldn't be bothered to actually give enough of a crap to deal with the wild versions and flag them tameable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Just gonna grab a little snippet of your post if you don't mind.

I'm honestly not suggesting the new mount should be given out with a box of cereal (although I don't care how easy or hard it is in the long run). Blizzard has many ways of distributing a mount like this in a prestigious manner without having to award it to original Scarab Lords. I honestly don't mind which that is, if it's piss-easy or so hard that you'll be wiping on several mythic bosses for hours. I just think current players should be capable of obtaining it if they want to put their mind to it, without having to buy a time machine.

And if we really wanna talk about original Scarab Lord prestige, I think that any of those that got it after Classic/the original opening, should have had it removed.
    i can totally agree with that, im just saying there might be another avenue to the model change. iam assuming (possibly wrong here) that they updated general silithid models in the area due to the changes, and this mount having same/similar model ended up effected. Mind you the key to this being proven/disproven would be if the other ones, the ultramarine or the colored ones usable in the instances also have changed models. If yes then its just a simple model change affecting the entire item, if not then they really screwed the pooch.

if not outright removal of those that got it after TBC launch, at least they introduce new servers with the gates already open. the only benefit of doubt i can provide in this is that if someone joins the game and wants to experience the whole story then they are kinda flubbed out of it cuz the server is started at a point when the event has already occured. Perhaps if they leave the doors closed but instead of a mount and title you get something like a toy, like the inflatable thunderfury.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed. And just because you're a Scarab Lord doesn't entitle you to getting a new model.
    Except it wasn't done "just because you're a Scarab Lord".
    @Cadlington already explained it 14 posts back between your other posts. They have new models for those Silithids, which they applied to all the mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    i can totally agree with that, im just saying there might be another avenue to the model change. iam assuming (possibly wrong here) that they updated general silithid models in the area due to the changes, and this mount having same/similar model ended up effected. Mind you the key to this being proven/disproven would be if the other ones, the ultramarine or the colored ones usable in the instances also have changed models. If yes then its just a simple model change affecting the entire item, if not then they really screwed the pooch.

if not outright removal of those that got it after TBC launch, at least they introduce new servers with the gates already open. the only benefit of doubt i can provide in this is that if someone joins the game and wants to experience the whole story then they are kinda flubbed out of it cuz the server is started at a point when the event has already occured. Perhaps if they leave the doors closed but instead of a mount and title you get something like a toy, like the inflatable thunderfury.
    Oh, that? No, the new Black Qiraji mount is a different spell altogether.

And I doubt they made the NPC version first and that they just happened to recolor it for this mount, for one simple reason:

None of the other silithids are updated. The wasps, ants and other silithid types still use 10+ years old models, and I doubt they updated one model just to put it in a hive with otherwise old, outdated models.

The logical conclusion is that the mount was conceived first, and since they made the model, they just put it in Silithus as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Except it wasn't done "just because you're a Scarab Lord".
    @Cadlington already explained it 14 posts back between your other posts. They have new models for those Silithids, which they applied to all the mounts.
    Uh, no. The new mount is a new spell. It doesn't replace the old Black Qiraji Battle Tank. Hell, it's even called Black Qiraji War Tank instead of Battle Tank.

The old AQ ones and Ultramarine one aren't updated either. It wasn't an across-the-board update. They very specifically went out of their way to give Scarab Lords a new extra mount for something they did over a decade ago.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It totally wasn't "excellent, rational and well thought out" because you happen to agree with it?
    I "happen to agree with it" because it makes logical, rational sense and fits the facts.

And it wasn't really any of that, it was a typical dismissive response where everyone who disagrees is lumped into the "crybabies" group.
    Oh right, so because he insinuated that you're acting immaturely, you petulantly refuse to acknowledge his actual point? You do realise the irony in this, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, that? No, the new Black Qiraji mount is a different spell altogether.

And I doubt they made the NPC version first and that they just happened to recolor it for this mount, for one simple reason:

None of the other silithids are updated. The wasps, ants and other silithid types still use 10+ years old models, and I doubt they updated one model just to put it in a hive with otherwise old, outdated models.

The logical conclusion is that the mount was conceived first, and since they made the model, they just put it in Silithus as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Uh, no. The new mount is a new spell. It doesn't replace the old Black Qiraji Battle Tank. Hell, it's even called Black Qiraji War Tank instead of Battle Tank.

The old AQ ones and Ultramarine one aren't updated either. It wasn't an across-the-board update. They very specifically went out of their way to give Scarab Lords a new extra mount for something they did over a decade ago.
    If that is true then i have no idea what they were thinking lol. The only way they can clean that up is, if they offer up some content in the future that allows players to work towards it.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

I "happen to agree with it" because it makes logical, rational sense and fits the facts.

Oh right, so because he insinuated that you're acting immaturely, you petulantly refuse to acknowledge his actual point? You do realise the irony in this, right?
    He had no actual point. He said "suck it up crybabies." and that's it. He tried to explain it, but his explanation is wrong.

Try again.

- - - Updated - - -

If that is true then i have no idea what they were thinking lol. The only way they can clean that up is, if they offer up some content in the future that allows players to work towards it.
    I'd be okay with that. I still honestly think it's weird to give a new model to Scarab Lords, but if players playing now can do something to work towards it in the near future, that would be fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    He had no actual point. He said "suck it up crybabies." and that's it. He tried to explain it, but his explanation is wrong.

Try again.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd be okay with that. I still honestly think it's weird to give a new model to Scarab Lords, but if players playing now can do something to work towards it in the near future, that would be fine.
    im sure if they do that, most people would agree with that. it would give new players a chance to work towards it rather than just throw a "jenkins title" and reduce its value.

well most did pay $50 for that Black Qiraji War Tank so i guess they need to feel even more special

im sure if they do that, most people would agree with that. it would give new players a chance to work towards it rather than just throw a "jenkins title" and reduce its value.
    They can make it as hard as they need to, even.

Whether it becomes a new Core Hound (from doing a possible pre-BfA launch event Timewalking) and easy, or whether it becomes as hard/harder to get than the original. So long as people can work towards it that play currently without having to buy a time machine.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

Please check your facts before talking nonsense

http://www.wowhead.com/news=277597/7...-qiraji-mounts

We know from datamining that they have updated at least three mounts (and there is nothing saying they didn't do all of them). A bit of logical conjecture based on this plus other info we have about how Silithus is being worked on for current content, would lead to the reasonable assumption that they have made new models and decided to apply these models to aging content including mounts. Why? Because having done the work, it makes sense to get more mileage out of it to improve the game experience.

They didn't go out of their way to make a special mount just for Scarab Lords. The Scarab Lord mount simply falls under the umbrella of the work that was done.

As to why it's a new spell, the reason is pretty obvious as well. Some people will complain if they want to be able to see the old model still. Because some people are like that. It's also possible that in the future we won't be able to get the old models for the red, blue, green and yellow ones

Please check your facts before talking nonsense

http://www.wowhead.com/news=277597/7...-qiraji-mounts

We know from datamining that they have updated at least three mounts (and there is nothing saying they didn't do all of them). A bit of logical conjecture based on this plus other info we have about how Silithus is being worked on for current content, would lead to the reasonable assumption that they have made new models and decided to apply these models to aging content including mounts. Why? Because having done the work, it makes sense to get more mileage out of it to improve the game experience.

They didn't go out of their way to make a special mount just for Scarab Lords. The Scarab Lord mount simply falls under the umbrella of the work that was done.

As to why it's a new spell, the reason is pretty obvious as well. Some people will complain if they want to be able to see the old model still. Because some people are like that. It's also possible that in the future we won't be able to get the old models for the red, blue, green and yellow ones
    You're basically admitting that you're wrong, while you're saying you're right?

Oh, okay then, I suppose.

Um... I have a question.
    Do I get that mount if I attach an authenticator or I need to earn it first

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    His explanation is correct. You're simply allowing the fact that said "suck it crybabies" to detract from that. Which kind of proves his point about acting like a crybaby...

- - - Updated - - -

You're basically admitting that you're wrong, while you're saying you're right?
    if that's your conclusion then you fail at basic logic.

His explanation is correct. You're simply allowing the fact that said "suck it crybabies" to detract from that. Which kind of proves his point about acting like a crybaby...
    No, the main point of his post was to tell people who disagreed to shut up and stop being crybabies. He had a flimsy justification for it that you just so happened to agree with so now it's your favorite post in the thread.

Also, someone who genuinely, unironically approaches differing viewpoints as "people being crybabies" has no right to call anyone immature, lmao.

- - - Updated - - -

if that's your conclusion then you fail at basic logic.
    Well, at least I'm not conceding that I'm wrong, then still proclaiming that I am right in the very same post.

I'm still waiting for a HD Swift Zulian Tiger version