Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsTiddles View Post
    No worries, they announced they are not doing a new season on their discord
    Lame... Means DK's will continue to hold the top spots for some time due to an outdated CR advantage, seems unfair. Was really looking forward to comparing the previous comps to the potentially new ones, I mean this change is one of the biggest changes they've made to M+ for those who push keys.

Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    Lame... Means DK's will continue to hold the top spots for some time due to an outdated CR advantage, seems unfair. Was really looking forward to comparing the previous comps to the potentially new ones, I mean this change is one of the biggest changes they've made to M+ for those who push keys.
    Doesn't seem like that many DKs at the top of the leaderboards. Maybe a third.

On one hand, I find it hilarious we get no reset for an actual Mythic+ change that affects the top end of the leadeboard immensely (literally every group has 2+ brez at the top of the leader board).. but we did get one abritrarily for a raid tier that makes 0 impact on M+ outside of everyone having stronger gear even though people would have already naturally erased the old leader board with their new scores.

On the other hand, I am glad they didn't reset it because I find the leader boards pointless (for me).

There isn't gonna be another gear bump besides normal progression so those scores will also get naturally erased too, to be fair

10+ Year Old Account
    It only makes sense when there's a new raid tier. And even then, it's not a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by prizminferno View Post
    There isn't gonna be another gear bump besides normal progression so those scores will also get naturally erased too, to be fair
    Actually, incorrect, having 1 brez REDUCES to power of players. That is to say groups that stacked 3 brez to chain brez on certain bosses can no longer do that (especially if it is not a later boss). Which means the dungeons themselves are actually more difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsTiddles View Post
    I support a change in season with buffs to power level because it will help prevent ridiculously long seasons, but that's just my opinion. However, it's still a reason whether you support it or not, which was the point of my post.
    Why is there even need for seasons outside of Blizzard's resets for the brackets?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Why is there even need for seasons outside of Blizzard's resets for the brackets?
    That's just how they have been so far. I don't think they are technically needed. If they don't want to do seasons, that'd be cool, too. However, if they are continuing seasons it seems silly to not have closer to a consistent lapse of time like a "season" would normally indicate.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    I am a 958 VDH who has cleared +15 every week since antorus, and I have trouble finding groups b/c before this patch I barely cared for M+.

Even as a tank, I won't get invited, I got AOTC on H argus first week, I know wtf im doing, I carry groups in M +15's sometimes when they all die to stupid shit, a lot of bosses vdhs can solo from 30% and on just takes forever.

Yet, 2.2K RADIER IO SCORE OR NO INV HURRRRRRRRRR

its retarded, like it's stupid. I can't find a group despite being a very competent tank, but I need to run every M+ on +17 and finish in time to get 2.2k score? k

thats cool I guess.

Character for reference: https://raider.io/characters/us/kelthuzad/Vynestridan
    I was in the same boat. Now i am at 2300 score and don't need to worry.

Two things: 1) get your score up 2) profit.

Its really that simple.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    Anyone who actually likes raider.io is someone who already has a high score, otherwise it sucks for everyone else.
    It sucks until you get a decent score, then its fine.

Thats how it will always be.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

I actually enjoyed the process of getting my Raider.io score up. I guess I'm weird :P

One big issue with the scoring is that it depends mainly on how much you pushed in the sanguine-volanic-fortified affixes week. The same score is given regardless of affixes, and if you missed that reset week, you're doomed to have lower score for 10 weeks till it repeats.

At least we should split the scores to tyrannical and fortified.

Quote Originally Posted by Koor View Post
    One big issue with the scoring is that it depends mainly on how much you pushed in the sanguine-volanic-fortified affixes week. The same score is given regardless of affixes, and if you missed that reset week, you're doomed to have lower score for 10 weeks till it repeats.

At least we should split the scores to tyrannical and fortified.
    A more sensible scoring can be done by giving a multiplier to the each affix. Like grouping them in 3 categories https://mythicpl.us/ might be a good example for grouping as a starting point. For tyrannical and fortified, well that might be hard to differentiate since each dungeon has its ups and downs when it comes to these two.

Deleted
    Stop developing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaap View Post
    Stop developing.
    Nice input. For all the flavors in the world, you choose to be salty.

Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    It sucks until you get a decent score, then its fine.

Thats how it will always be.
    Oh f*ck, I don't have time to do M+ until the weekend. Until weekend, the ladderboard is filled with 17+ keys on high population realms, so the M+15 runs aren't shown. Clever thing: playing on a low population realm it is easier to push your rating with M+9 keys because there's less competition.
    So yeah, the system is really great :-)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhorin View Post
    Probably a waste of time to reply to you, but ilvl doesn't change the difficulty of m+ dungeons at all.

If you can do +20 <insert dungeon name here> dungeon in X minutes in 930 gear you can do +20 <insert dungeon name here> in X minutes or less in 950 gear. That is to say since people use Raider.io to determine someones "skill" (for lack of better word) adding ilvl to their "skill" doesn't really change the minimum they are able to do.. only the maximum. So, if someone was "2500" they have done all +17 or so (rough math cause the numbers don't actually matter), when you add ilvl to their gear you expect them to be at 2,500 if not higher.
    We had this discussion before. Each time the poster of such idiocy agreed he was wrong. I will go out on a limb and claim you have no idea about any key above 17.

Deleted
    To cut a long story short:

Raider.IO is fundamentally flawed as it is not a fair system, and this is not the developers' fault, because at it's core Raider.IO is simply a front-end interface being fed by a ladder system operated by Blizzard. This add-on is what RaidBots is to SimulationCraft - great packaging but ultimately flawed if the SC root data is wrong.

The fact that the scoring system ignores affixes (i.e. easy weeks rated as much as harder weeks); the fact that early reset runs have a very high relative importance (scoring should be consistently on a weekly basis irrespective of day or time); the fact that how many runs you make of different dungeons is not a reflection of available skill but of available time. These are all fundamental flaws that will inevitably result frustrations for a lot of the player base.

Unfortunately, as stated in the first paragraph, the community will always try and find "the best available filter" to use for player selection. Unfortunately, Raider.IO despite its flaws, is the best option available and the community will use it no matter what.

Personally, I choose not to use it because of these flaws. The consequence? I do not get invited to many high level keys. I honestly don't care as joining a flawed bandwagon is not an option for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TeraAkron View Post
    To cut a long story short:

Raider.IO is fundamentally flawed as it is not a fair system, and this is not the developers' fault, because at it's core Raider.IO is simply a front-end interface being fed by a ladder system operated by Blizzard. This add-on is what RaidBots is to SimulationCraft - great packaging but ultimately flawed if the SC root data is wrong.

The fact that the scoring system ignores affixes (i.e. easy weeks rated as much as harder weeks); the fact that early reset runs have a very high relative importance (scoring should be consistently on a weekly basis irrespective of day or time); the fact that how many runs you make of different dungeons is not a reflection of available skill but of available time. These are all fundamental flaws that will inevitably result frustrations for a lot of the player base.

Unfortunately, as stated in the first paragraph, the community will always try and find "the best available filter" to use for player selection. Unfortunately, Raider.IO despite its flaws, is the best option available and the community will use it no matter what.

Personally, I choose not to use it because of these flaws. The consequence? I do not get invited to many high level keys. I honestly don't care as joining a flawed bandwagon is not an option for me.
    It doesn't matter if you choose to use it or not. It will read your rankings from the leader board and score you. So if you don't get invited, there is another reason than "choosing not to use it". Maybe its bad gear, maybe its bad score, maybe its the wrong class and sometimes its the wrong name.

Deleted
    What I mean by "not choosing it" is not about being unaware of the consequences, but rather ignoring them. I don't care if people don't invite me because of the low score. It is what it is until there is a better system to replace it.

The choice players have is simple:

1) Embrace the current Mythic Score system and do what is required to 'farm' a high score to get regular invites. Some people might hate what you have to do to get a decent score (i.e. running early reset runs, taking time off work, skipping classes whatever) but will do it anyway as they will hate MORE if they don't maximise their chances to get the best possible loot and run the highest possible dungeons with the best possible teams. "Do what it takes" mentality no matter what.

2) Do not embrace this inherently flawed system, do not farm a high score, but accept that your personal rejection is partially meaningless. You will still get judged on it by a bulk of the player base and they don't give two hoots about your personal opinion. However, you'll perhaps be at peace with it and you can raid or run dungeons with friends, guild members or other people who don't care about Mythic + score.

The bottom-line FUN experience between option 1 or 2 will vary according to the particular tastes and mindset of the person involved.
    Last edited by mmoca7b6dc774a; 2018-01-17 at 11:33 AM.

Decay score by the week (exponential decay, say times 0.95 per week), no further seasonal resets ever.

Deleted
    Just one question - maybe already asked but I did not found it - why there are so many update for this addon? I mean, almost every day once it gonna update. There is any reason behind or just the development cycle is so fast?