Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Really? Let me remind you of your initial response to me:

I classify that as snappy and on edge with a good dose of arrogance and dismissiveness.

You have flat out refused to engage the point, choosing simply to keep telling me I am wrong (without any backing), choosing instead to focus on the fact that someone insunuated that you are acting like a crybaby.

Every one of your replies can be summed up as:

"You're wrong. He had no point. All he did was call me a crybaby".

Nor did I you.
    Alright, well Raelbo, it has been great to discuss this with you.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Alright, well Raelbo, it has been great to discuss this with you.
    /facepalm

You haven't really "discussed" anything. That's my problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    I'm curious how many Scarab Lord actually still play... and how else the time and resources spent on making this could have been better allocated for current content.
    I know there is one on Argent Dawn EU, that's about it (that I've seen).
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

This... just doesn't make ANY sense.

People are joking about "where's my updated Zulian Tiger mount", but they have a point. There's no precedent for this, in fact the opposite, with older rare mounts getting newer reskins or releases.

WHY give a brand new HD mount to people for a 10 year old achievement? They already have a cool looking mount from the reward they did, which is suitably different (and in my opinion still superior style wise). Why spend dev time to give a brand new ADDITIONAL mount to so few players that didn't even ask for it or need it.

Blizzard also MUST know that 90%+ of the players that actually have it these days did so from exploits or realm swapping, so why reward that? Arguably, people with the Qiraji battle tank went through a MUCH bigger ordeal to get it than most of those with the black one now.

It's just an incredibly bizzarre thing to do. Literally the ONLY POSSIBLE explanation I can come up with for why Blizzard thought this would be a good idea is that there is someone/some people on the Blizzard team with the old mount that wanted to GIVE THEMSELVES a new HD mount but didn't want anybody else to have it.

they could have made this something more exciting by making these new mounts farmable and permanent. Honestly I don't see the point of 'temporary' mounts. Plus we have the old blue one from archaeology - why isn't there a way to get a new model for that permanent version? wasted....

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    This... just doesn't make ANY sense. ....WHY give a brand new HD mount to people for a 10 year old achievement?

They already have a cool looking mount from the reward they did, which is suitably different (and in my opinion still superior style wise). Why spend dev time to give a brand new ADDITIONAL mount to so few players that didn't even ask for it or need it.
    Because they have reworked the silithid models for the new content in Silithus and it made sense to them to apply those model updates to all the existing models, which includes mounts, not just the black one, but the red and blue as well confirmed and (IMO) probably also the green and yellow. However, because some people will be upset if the old models are removed, they have elected to keep the old mount models as well as the new ones around.

It's not about giving a reward to people for something they did 10 years ago. It's about the most out of the new models they have just developed. Makes perfect sense

It's just an incredibly bizzarre thing to do. Literally the ONLY POSSIBLE explanation I can come up with for why Blizzard thought this would be a good idea is that there is someone/some people on the Blizzard team with the old mount that wanted to GIVE THEMSELVES a new HD mount but didn't want anybody else to have it.
    Why look for a sinister motive when a more benign one will suffice?

Here's a mount for literally a hand full of people who don't play anymore.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

First: nice view of green here.

Second i can actually quite understand it: scarab lord was a hard to earn achievement. Very very hard, helped my guild to open aq in the days.

Third: Blizzard MIGHT unlock the mount once vanilla-servers are opening and if they manage to open AQ accountwide. Then even newer player have the chance to get it.

Fourth: even if NOT. A reskin of a mount really doesn't take a lot of work. The HD-Upgrade of the mount itself is available to everyone, having put on a new color of skins is more a manner of minutes than a matter of hours; that's not really much of work.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Because they have reworked the silithid models for the new content in Silithus and it made sense to them to apply those model updates to all the existing models, which includes mounts, not just the black one, but the red and blue as well confirmed and (IMO) probably also the green and yellow. However, because some people will be upset if the old models are removed, they have elected to keep the old mount models as well as the new ones around.

It's not about giving a reward to people for something they did 10 years ago. It's about the most out of the new models they have just developed. Makes perfect sense
    But they've NEVER done this before, EVER. What other mounts have they given new HD versions away from free because the models changed in game? Even for pets, they rarely change the models of old pets and just make new ones with the new models to catch instead. If anything the exact opposite has happened - Like when loads of new HD dinosaur models were added in game, so they made the old Bone white raptor mount available in game.

These old mounts are there for prestige and people use them for prestige both despite and because of the fact they're older with older models. That's the trade-off. Mounts like this and Plagued drake might look a little dated compared to other stuff around at the moment.. but it's the achievement and prestige behind them that counts. They don't need newer HD updates.

Why look for a sinister motive when a more benign one will suffice?
    Because I genuinely don't see any other serious motive behind this. It's bizarre and different from every precedent they've set before. Even if they were worried that the new one would take away from the uniqueness of the old mount... WHY EVEN ADD the new one then? Or why not just make the new one holiday specific like all of the other new mounts?
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2018-01-17 at 08:57 AM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

As a long time mount collector, this fascination developers have to pander to the "elite" truly disgusts me.

They should use these new models to reward active players for engaging in fun, fresh content, not keep pandering to the few people who succeeded getting something from shit gameplay or borderline cheating in the past. How about making a new event in Silithus if you want to honor the memory of the Gates of AQ? You know, since WE ARE ACTUALLY GOING THERE THIS PATCH?

Sometimes I feel developers treat their player base as an ant farm or a Sims City. They want a few people to have unique things because it looks cool from the outside, but they fail to understand how this impacts the players' experience on the inside. Really, this mentality applies to world boss mounts and rare spawns as well, among other things, all of which seem to build a richer world in theory, but provide some awful experiences if you actively engage in getting them as a player.

It's even more of a slap in the face that the other colors are temporary, while this seems to be a permanent mount that doesn't even require doing a nostalgic turn in quest. Really, really disgusted. /Spit on the devs who thought this up and approved it. I feel pushed away from the game because of their mentality.
    Last edited by Coconut; 2018-01-17 at 09:27 AM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    But they've NEVER done this before, EVER. What other mounts have they given new HD versions away from free because the models changed in game? Even for pets, they rarely change the models of old pets and just make new ones with the new models to catch instead. If anything the exact opposite has happened - Like when loads of new HD dinosaur models were added in game, so they made the old Bone white raptor mount available in game.
    You're right. Their approach until now has been to make new ingame mounts. That doesn't mean that they can't, or shouldn't, update other mount models in the future.

Maybe this one is an exception because the red/blue/yellow/green ones (and maybe some new colours too) will drop in patch in the future, but they have no plans to have a new black one drop anywhere and want to keep it unique.

Because I genuinely don't see any other serious motive behind this. It's bizarre and different from every precedent they've set before. Even if they were worried that the new one would take away from the uniqueness of the old mount... WHY EVEN ADD the new one then? Or why not just make the new one holiday specific like all of the other new mounts?
    Well, if they're going to the effort of making new silithid models for the new content, then it makes sense to apply those models to things like mounts. And yeah, sure, it might be a bit unusual for them to give a new mount model to an old, exclusive mount, but there still is a world of difference between committing the time and effort to making new models because you want to give a cool upgrade to Scarab Lords and giving a cool upgrade to Scarab Lords because you have the new models.

The former is an indulgent waste of resources which most players would be justified in getting upset about (because those resources could be better spent elsewhere). The latter makes little difference to any of us and the only reason to get upset is essentially sour grapes. I guess if it turns out that in the end no one else gets any of the new models (eg for the blue, red, green and yellow mounts) then we'd have a more legitimate reason to feel cheated, but then again we have no reason to suspect that this won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Indeed. And just because you're a Scarab Lord doesn't entitle you to getting a new model.

It's a pure fact that the new mount is only similar in basic structure and color. On all other fronts, it's different. Let's count, shall we?

1. It has no armor. The original does.
    2. It is a new mesh, developed in 2017, not in classic.
    3. It has new textures. Once again, developed in 2017, with sub money from people playing currently
    4. It has fairly major design differences, like the mandible shape, the spikes and the beak that the old one didn't have.
    5. The spell ID is different and not shared with the old one.
    6. The mount description is different and not shared with the old one.
    Says who being a scarab lord doesnt entitle you to a new model. Blizzard wanted to update the model they did. Now you kids are butthurt beyond compare that you cant have it. Your not entitled to earn it just cus blizzard rebuilt a old mount in new graphics for the few that are still playing with it. Get the fuck over it.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    And once again, ladies and gentleman, blizzard catering to the crying minority that demands exclusive things simply because they started playing in an arbitrarily date, even though we all pay the same amount of money each month

Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    But the question becomes where do you draw the line and WHY? If they didn't do it for those mounts why do it for a new model mount? They completely readded an old mount (proto drakes) without making them newer models, they just added it for anyone who has gold to get.

My main issue is the inconsistency, and at this point why try to change anything? Just keep the old mount exclusive, allow the new mount to be obtained. If you have ever seen a mount train in Dalararn you can see exclusive mounts. The only thing I dislike is the inconsistency.
    are you sure its a new mount? it looks like they just made a new model and swapped it out. And people are stomping your feet demanding that you be able to get it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    And once again, ladies and gentleman, blizzard catering to the crying minority that demands exclusive things simply because they started playing in an arbitrarily date, even though we all pay the same amount of money each month
    paying the same amount doesnt entitle you to shit. You should earn everything and be handed fuck all.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    are you sure its a new mount? it looks like they just made a new model and swapped it out. And people are stomping your feet demanding that you be able to get it.
    How about they remove your old mount then to replace it with this one? I bet you would wail to high heaven.

paying the same amount doesnt entitle you to shit. You should earn everything and be handed fuck all.
    Dude... you were just handed a free mount.

I look forward to when the right person comes across that backpack upgrade and loses their farting mind. Years of saying spaghetti code and now it's an auth incentive lol, can't wait.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    You know technically, the people who have played the longest have invested more money in the game than newer players.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    How about they remove your old mount then to replace it with this one? I bet you would wail to high heaven.

Dude... you were just handed a free mount.
    I wasnt handed shit. They updated the fucking model, do you people have any evidence that its a brand new mount and not a replacement? Regardless they have it cus they got the scarab lord title. SO fucking what if they got a updated version after 12 fucking years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I look forward to when the right person comes across that backpack upgrade and loses their farting mind. Years of saying spaghetti code and now it's an auth incentive lol, can't wait.

- - - Updated - - -

You know technically, the people who have played the longest have invested more money in the game than newer players.
    You can play the game as long as you want but if you sit on your fat ass ans accomplish fuck all you should have fuck all, you should earn it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    First: nice view of green here.

Second i can actually quite understand it: scarab lord was a hard to earn achievement. Very very hard, helped my guild to open aq in the days.

Third: Blizzard MIGHT unlock the mount once vanilla-servers are opening and if they manage to open AQ accountwide. Then even newer player have the chance to get it.

Fourth: even if NOT. A reskin of a mount really doesn't take a lot of work. The HD-Upgrade of the mount itself is available to everyone, having put on a new color of skins is more a manner of minutes than a matter of hours; that's not really much of work.
    Meanwhile we are still waiting for them to give us sources for stuff like bracers for the WoD garrison cloth set, boots and belt for the blue recolor of DK T10 (and many, many more other xmog sets that are missing some piece).

So yeah, F them spending any time on content for literally handful of players.

Aaaand my phone number isn't valid for SMS Protect. No extra bag slots for me.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2018-01-17 at 09:44 AM.

I wasnt handed shit. They updated the fucking model, do you people have any evidence that its a brand new mount and not a replacement? Regardless they have it cus they got the scarab lord title. SO fucking what if they got a updated version after 12 fucking years.
    From the mount's wowhead page: "This mount is given to Scarab Lord title holders who previously had the old model already. The new model is automatically added to your mount tab upon logging in. It is a second mount, it does NOT replace the old model. So Scarab Lords, enjoy a second exclusive mount. You can use the old model, the new model, or switch between both, to your own liking!"

So you simply log in and get a fresh new mount without doing ANYTHING because you are a special snowflake. When Blizzard updated the Raven Lord, they put a price tag on it with the CE, they didn't hand it out for free. When they updated the Wyverns and Gryphons, they made new content for them. But these where for the general population. When it comes to special snowflakes, the developers have their face so far up their asses it cuts the oxygen supply to their brains and they can't think straight anymore.