Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Why did they buff old raids?

Hey.

What is the reasoning behind buffing Old raids? They don't really have anything to do with lvling so why were their health buffed aswell? Just to force grouping even at outdated content?

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Hey.

What is the reasoning behind buffing Old raids? They don't really have anything to do with lvling so why were their health buffed aswell? Just to force grouping even at outdated content?
    Basically yes. They looked at the level 60 or 70 projects, agreed that doing 40 man raids with a group of 6 of appropriate level isn't intended and buffed accordingly.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...and-its-effect

Because increasing hp leads to fun gameplay.

Errm....
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Basically yes. They looked at the level 60 or 70 projects, agreed that doing 40 man raids with a group of 6 of appropriate level isn't intended and buffed accordingly.
    That's actually pretty neat. It could make such projects a lot more fun to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Because Blizzard are idiots, SoO can’t be soloed anymore because of these stupid changes.

Not like it makes a different if you deal 50 times a mobs hp in damage or 23 times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Not like it makes a different if you deal 50 times a mobs hp in damage or 23 times.
    A difference or no difference?

Simple maths (and that's backed up by the current live game), is that it does indeed make a difference.
    Hint: it's not more challenging content.
    That's one.

If it's good gameplay mechanics to increase the hp of npc's in outdated and dare i say irrelevant content then that's worth looking at more closely i would think.

Hoping for a reversal or fix for this.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

10+ Year Old Account
    The complaints are more aimed towards a bit of WoD soloing (Blackhand takes quuiiiite a bit longer now for that tasty mount chance), and a few MoP boss soloing (Sha of Pride Mythic now 100% requires you to be a tank, or deal something like 4.5 million dps? Which isn't obtainable for the vast majority of the playerbase. Maybe 1-2 others have a reset mechanic, like 25 heroic Ambermaster.

I'm glad I spent this week soloing the few remaining achieves for Glory of the Draenor/Hellfire Raider. Yup yup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    It makes a difference in MoP and WoD raids.

A big one. Maybe learn about the situation before resorting to ‘hurr durr u can 1shot anywae’.

Deleted
    This just shows how Blizzard is out of touch with reality. Why introduce a negative measure like this in outdated content? Soloing old raids is a fun thing people do to unwind a bit or relax. Why would you mess with that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    This just shows how Blizzard is out of touch with reality. Why introduce a negative measure like this in outdated content? Soloing old raids is a fun thing people do to unwind a bit or relax. Why would you mess with that?
    I'd hazard a guess that it was blanketed in with the leveling zone and dungeon hp increase.

Not a seperate change.

An oversight possibly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeresman View Post
    I'd hazard a guess that it was blanketed in with the leveling zone and dungeon hp increase.

Not a seperate change.

An oversight possibly.
    I doubt it’s an oversight, they were given feedback about this before the PTR went live.

It seems they haven’t done much tuning at all and just slapped level scaling in.

I’ve heard WoD is ridiculously overturned for level 90-100 characters because of these levelling changes.

They were told this is a bad idea by people who played on the PTR. They didn't listen. I seriously hope they're going to fix this because it solves nothing and will only piss a lot of people off.

One thread from December 1st: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9607341?page=1

They're forcing the vanilla agenda on everyone it seems. Back to the original with Horde vs Alliance, make leveling a chore again (or spend money), and nerf heirlooms into the ground. Not everybody wanted the vanilla scene, those type of changes should have stayed relegated to the coming Vanilla servers. If they want to adjust mob HP and exp required per level for the purposes of letting people be able complete entire zone quest chains without out leveling them, fine. However, why nerf the heirlooms? They were optional for people who chose to use them. Now they're just an annoyance, because to effectively level you need to wear greens/blues you find that are better, but still keep the heirloom gear on an equipment set to put on for quest hand-ins.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Hey.

I think they simply didn't think it through, that's all. Did it by accident.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Because Blizzard are idiots, SoO can’t be soloed anymore because of these stupid changes.
    Yes it can, I just soloed it all on my rogue on mythic. Not even a single death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    Yes it can, I just soloed it all on my rogue on mythic. Not even a single death.
    Depends entirely on class/spec.
    960 Balance druid and I'm stuck on Sha of Pride because ST burst is non-existant even with Hero, he's despawning because he puts you into the Pacman phase.

Also, you say Rogue, they're a little borked at the moment - 30 mil crits and whatnot.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ne&graphperf=1

Most people actually trying to solo SoO are getting stuck at Sha/Galakras/Shamans

Lucky me for sticking with chars on which i cleared entire SoO heroic multiple times when it was current.
    "Ahhh ahhhhh, ahhh, yeah, ahhhh, YEAH, YEAH, RIGHT THERE, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh" Jenna Jameson

New raid arrives on live
    Blizzard proceeds to nerf it to the ground over few hotfixes after World Firsts

*25 expansions later*

Blizzard buffes all old raids because why not huhuhu

Makes sense

Last patch of the expansion, just wait for the next expansion when our numbers inflate even more.