Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Where is the Alliance epilogue? All I see are the Stormwind and the Horde epilogues.
    Blizzard probably tried to make a distinction there. The Alliance epilogue / celebration is a public speech towards its members and citizens (we see Gnomes, Draenei, Pandaren, Humans and Worgens there, there might be probably some tiny Dwarves I missed). Those citizens were happily cheering for the success of Azerothian force's victory on Argus under a nice blue sky, and for the message Anduin just delivered that no one, not even a King (leader), is more important than the Alliance as a whole (which made of mainly citizens / soldiers instead of leaders).

On the other hand, the Horde epilogue is a rather sober, rather-gloomy-air private meeting between the Horde leaders inside a building. We didn't get to see Horde citizens cheering. We didn't see a free sky, nor did we see any smiles or clapping, except for a brief moment after Baine tried to lighten up the mood (and if not for him, the mood wouldn't even be out of place if it was a meeting after we lost). Just all business (and some suspicions) between the bigwigs. Everything just seems rather... contained.

If that's the case, I understand that they are trying to portray two factions with different images and focus. However, personally, I'd preferred if they depicted Horde members as well. Maybe showing a festival at Ogrimmar outside before zooming into a tent / building for the leaders meeting. With the current depictions, it's like they are implying that the Horde is about its leaders, while the Alliance about the members. That doesn't sound too nice for the Horde (and would be a bit unfair for the Horde leaders who truly care for their citizens as well)
    Last edited by Qualia; 2018-01-17 at 10:00 AM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Blizzard probably tried to make a distinction there. The Alliance epilogue / celebration is a public speech towards its members and citizens (we see Gnomes, Draenei, Pandaren, Humans and Worgens there, there might be probably some tiny Dwarves I missed). Those citizens were happily cheering for the success of Azerothian force's victory on Argus under a nice blue sky, and for the message Anduin just delivered that no one, not even a King (leader), is more important than the Alliance as a whole (which made of mainly citizens / soldiers instead of leaders).
    In other words, Blizzard continues to ignore that many Alliance players want true representation of their races and not a "Human-only Club". Anduin making a speach in Stormwind for humans and some random other races plebs does not represent my dwarf paladin.

Wyrt is completely right on this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Where is the Alliance epilogue? All I see are the Stormwind and the Horde epilogues.
    They are chilling with Ji Firepaw.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Wow wtf Baine has no respect for other Horde members, Blizzard kill him pls!!!
    Now we know why he was defending garrosh in court. He was always his number 1 fan.

Deleted
    I still don't get it why Azerite is so important for the faction leaders? It's just another ore

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraNic View Post
    I still don't get it why Azerite is so important for the faction leaders? It's just another ore
    It glows. And given anduins and sylvanas reaction it may or may not induce euphoria.

Deleted
    Lmao, that Horde one.

They are having ... dinner? Is this the Beta Horde?
    We really need Garrosh back...

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Maybe there's hope for him yet, big maybe.
    Nothing they can do with him will make up for him exiling his own people for wanting to defend their lands.

If he becomes warchief I’m out.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why isn't Sylvanas addressing the Horde in public, does she have no respect for 'her' people at all?

It's also disappointing that the Horde are being shown as the villains again. As someone who enjoys playing a Goblin, I hope that disgusting rat Gallywix is killed off quickly, and Sylvanas is forced to use her cannibalise skill on his stinking carcass as punishment for working with him. Thrall should never have accepted him as leader of the Goblins.

I am an alliancr player but t omg Anduin is just a retard....he sees the stone he gets all amazed and makes big eyes but then he asks what is it.He has the same reaction that an ohre would have if u show it a shiny rock.

Why are Eitrigg AND Saurfang there?

Why is Eitrigg there at all?

You need to see a bigger context behind this all. Lorewise, there probably were celebrations all over Azeroth. Just like the invasion of Azeroth during Legion, it simply isn't representable in the gameplay and cinematics, but we have to understand it that way.

The Horde celebrated things too - as is witnessed in the little piece of upcoming BtS that we got insight into during Blizzcon - but it simply wasn't represented in the cinematic as they felt like there were other, more important things to put accent on.

It makes sense that the Alliance celebration was in Stormwind, just like it makes sense that the Horde one is in Orgrimmar.

I absolutely love the way the Horde's races are represented in the cinematic, as it displays the true nature of them within the faction itself. The orcs, trolls and tauren have the Horde a lot closer to their hearts than the others, albeit some that are present there consider it only as a means to an end or as allies out of necessity. Would have loved to see Rexxar and Rokhan there too.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2018-01-17 at 11:12 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I must say, baine seems...lively. And talkative. And...surprisngly well animated.
    Someone has to lift everyone's spirits with Sylvanas as Warchief.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Why are Eitrigg AND Saurfang there?

Why is Eitrigg there at all?
    Eitrigg and Saurfang are the OGs. They were Blackhand's lieutenants during the rise of the Horde.

They have a pretty good reason to be there.

Deleted
    Gallywix 'the Allaince don't know'

Literally the next scene the Allaince know

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UltraNic View Post
    The same reason uranium important in our world?

Deleted
    If that's the case, I understand that they are trying to portray two factions with different images and focus. However, personally, I'd preferred if they depicted Horde members as well. Maybe showing a festival at Ogrimmar outside before zooming into a tent / building for the leaders meeting. With the current depictions, it's like they are implying that the Horde is about its leaders, while the Alliance about the members. That doesn't sound too nice for the Horde (and would be a bit unfair for the Horde leaders who truly care for their citizens as well)
    In the sample chapter of Before the Storm, Sylvanas is parading through Orgrimmar to celebrate the Legion's defeat.
    But I get the point you're making.

The issue is that, once again, the Horde in general has to be depicted by the Warchief, and the Alliance is depicted through humanity.
    Warchief is a well known vagabond that plots in the dark? That's what the entire Horde is now >_>
    Alliance capital leader is a human? Immediately becomes High King of multiple races through heritage >_>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bethanie View Post
    Why isn't Sylvanas addressing the Horde in public, does she have no respect for 'her' people at all?

It's also disappointing that the Horde are being shown as the villains again. As someone who enjoys playing a Goblin, I hope that disgusting rat Gallywix is killed off quickly, and Sylvanas is forced to use her cannibalise skill on his stinking carcass as punishment for working with him. Thrall should never have accepted him as leader of the Goblins.
    She having a parade I think in the next novel, from the chapter shown at blizzcon. So she does do something public, but it's just not shown since that's not where she finds out about Azerite.

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Someone has to lift everyone's spirits with Sylvanas as Warchief.

- - - Updated - - -

Eitrigg and Saurfang are the OGs. They were Blackhand's lieutenants during the rise of the Horde.

They have a pretty good reason to be there.
    Yes. I can understand Saurfang, because he's relevant and has an actual status at the moment.

Eitrigg though? The last time he was relevant was when he didn't advise Garrosh. Doesn't help that he is kind of useless anyway due to the fact that he is not able to move all that well anymore due to joint injuries.

I mean, fuck, could have just replaced Eitrig with Ji.

Quote Originally Posted by aketus View Post
    So..it seems the agressors are the alliance. (disclaimer: I play aliiance since 2007).

Horde finds out about a new resource in a disputed territory and starts mining it. what do the alliance do? did they make any diplomatic efforts? did they consider asking questions? no. they send us, their "heros" to kill innocent miners and steal samples. not sure what's going to happen next but at least in my book - the horde now has a justified cause for retaliation (and again, I'm very pro - alliance). just watch Khadgar's reaction, refusing to raise arms on either side and just take his leave.

at this point Anduin's contribution to the conflict is minor, he only say the alliance needs to "know more", but the way SI:7 handles his request is what might be the begining of the war.

Ironically, isn't it, that people, who claims that "Blizzard writers are fucking retarded and don't understand what an alliance actually is" still don't understand what an Alliance actually is? An alliance can have a figurehead leader who act as the binding forces for the others and keep everything in order just fine (hi there, EU). It's not like the High King's words are the laws, the absolute commands or something similar - if that was the case, the complaints might have been justified, but that wasn't.
    For your EU example to work it would have to be King Philippe ruling from Brussels purely because of his bloodline. I have a feeling the other EU members would not be particularly thrilled with the idea. Hell, even Belgium probably wouldn't like it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Lmao, that Horde one.

They are having ... dinner? Is this the Beta Horde?
    We really need Garrosh back...
    Sylvanas adresses the people of the Horde in the book.
    Not everything has to mirrored 1:1.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Yes. I can understand Saurfang, because he's relevant and has an actual status at the moment.

Eitrigg though? The last time he was relevant was when he didn't advise Garrosh. Doesn't help that he is kind of useless anyway due to the fact that he is not able to move all that well anymore due to joint injuries.

I mean, fuck, could have just replaced Eitrig with Ji.
    So, any valuable experience and internal knowledge Eitrigg possesses about waging war, the people of the Horde and its enemies is completely useless because he has battle scars?

Got it...