Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Because you have to use your brain at least a little bit in combat before level 110? And how is what you mentioned inconsequential? It also doesn't take 30 seconds, it takes more like 4-5 hits up from 0-1.
    ahh you can literally mash buttons and still kill stuff. mobs barely do damage so how are you using your brain?

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    Didnt they drastically increase the xp quests give.
    I felt like yes, they did.

I'm leveling an warrior 80, in my playstyle I usualy get 3-4 levels per day (dont play much time with him), yesterday I still get 3 levels.
    I noticed that after get some 81 gear (~280 ilvl), It became easier to kill. Still cant agro all mobs and kill with 2-3 aoe, but I like it.

I think that way ppl will make 110 with a better knowledge of your classes.

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    ahh you can literally mash buttons and still kill stuff. mobs barely do damage so how are you using your brain?
    By thinking of how to maximize your killing potential at least. Mobs do deal some damage, just not enough to be threatening. Have you even tried it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    No thanks.
    And why not, if they balance around it? Any actual reason or just "nnn changes"?

By thinking of how to maximize your killing potential at least. Mobs do deal some damage, just not enough to be threatening. Have you even tried it?

- - - Updated - - -

And why not, if they balance around it? Any actual reason or just "nnn changes"?
    of course, and in leveling maximizing damage is not really that important, plus pressing 1-2-3 does not take much thinking

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    of course, and in leveling maximizing damage is not really that important, plus pressing 1-2-3 does not take much thinking
    Have you? Because it sounds like you've made up your mind before trying it. I did not get the impression that it was considerably slower, just that mobs didn't fall over from an auto attack. I also didn't say maximizing damage, but maximizing killing potential. Different things, one of which matters a lot when leveling.

Agree with you, just the fact that I have to do my basic rotation its better than: "Charge, Mortal Strike, next mob"

Deleted
    Yesterday with full heirlooms in Pandaria at lvl 85 I one or twoshotted mobs. Today it takes about 10 seconds to kill the same mob. I've raided this class for several expansions so I know at least the basics of it (altoholism). 10 seconds might not seem like much but it adds up over all the hundreds/thousands of mobs you have to kill to level. No thanks, I'm just not going to do it anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    It's not challenging in any way or manner whatsoever. You're just spamming the 2-4 rotational abilities you get by level 20 for 90 levels, except it takes 10 hours longer on average unless you speed run or get people to carry you through dungeons.

Watching people without heirlooms spend 45 seconds pressing 1,2,3 1,2,3, 1,2,3 over and over again to kill a single mob (and god forbid the quest 'boss' mobs) certainly looks unfun as fuck, but even with heirlooms it's sluggish and pretty unfun as far as gameplay goes.

Sort of sad that the classes are incomplete messes until artifact weapons. Even then, most specs can't even function without it being fully unlocked.
    It's true that classes are complete dogshit until 110 with full artifact but even then you still only spam the same 3 abilities, they just function better. Legion in a nutshell.. or should I say world of diablo3craft.

It's absolutely fine.

People were and still are completely blowing it way out of proportion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    Watching people without heirlooms spend 45 seconds pressing 1,2,3 1,2,3, 1,2,3 over and over again to kill a single mob

Damn it. This is bad news.
    It is certainly very un-fun, boring, and annoying if you need like half a minute on each mob.

Instead of increasing the health of mobs, they should instead reduce the XP you get from everything.
    Same result, without reducing the fun.

I dont mind if leveling takes 10 more hours or 10 more days.
    But taking so long to kill each mob will most certainly make it feel like a drag.

But i guess Blizzard is a company after all.
    Someone has to buy those boosts.

Much better than before, but still needs some changes to mob damage or increase damage on their abilities. Still, like it.

I logged in as a level 45 balance druid with 10% into the level and full +exp heirlooms. It took more than a "full rotation" to kill mobs. As a test, I pulled most of the kobold cave and ended up dying, but only because I intentionally didnt heal. It took the kobolds a decent amount of time to kill me.

After that, I actually started the questing in Westfall. Within 15 minutes I'd already gained level 46 and was a good chunk (~25%) into that level.

I came away with two ideas:

By level 45, a balance druid has a fairly complete kit with the affinity choices. I can see the restoration affinity affecting my time between kills immensely and other classes (say rogue), might have a tough time maintaining a decent time to mob death ratio if they have to rest between fights.

Lastly, those without heirloom gear are going to be punished and punished hard. The mob health/time to kill isn't the issue, but the lack of enhanced experience is going to be brutal.

Overall, I both like and disagree with the change. I think that for people like me, who can throw on heirloom gear and go on a out my day, it won't be too much more of a time investment. However, I am not sure why they couldn't have made this optional. There should have been an npc, or checkbox to make this happen as I know there are people who purely grind mobs in zones for levels and it works for them.

I haven't tested xp from dungeons or PvP yet, but I can assume those are no longer valid methods.
    Last edited by G3 Ghost; 2018-01-17 at 12:08 PM.

combat is much better since you feel you are doing sth instead of being a creeping plague who destroy anything comes to touch ! it takes ~15 sec for me to kill mobs as a furry warrior with heirlooms.
    right now i need sth around 15 quests to lvl from 33 to 34.
    didnt feel any changes to mobs dmg and i think you can still pull 2-3 mobs easily if u have good cleave like multi dot classes.
    although it is not a miraculous change or sth that keep ppl so attractive to lvl up after a long time but i think it was a good change and my opinion is positive about it.

5+ Year Old Account
    I went from 40 to 46 in a reasonable time I believe. I mixed in dungeons while questing, which seemed to help. I don't think it is that much slower to be honest, though I could be wrong. If you are spamming dungeons though, I think it will be longer. The mobs in dungeons have much more hp and you can actually die if the tank doesn't know the dungeons have been buffed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NomCarver View Post
    The mobs in dungeons have much more hp and you can actually die if the tank doesn't know the dungeons have been buffed.
    Some players are even going so far as to say they are overtuned atm.

Either way, people in the know won't risk spamming for fear of being matched up with people who aren't in the know.
    Ie wipes possible.

*Make that $hit wipeable again*
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

There is no good reason to remove them. People have been using them since Wrath because it helps them level faster. If you don't want to level faster, don't use them.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeresman View Post
    Some players are even going so far as to say they are overtuned atm.

Either way, people in the know won't risk spamming for fear of being matched up with people who aren't in the know.
    Ie wipes possible.

*Make that $hit wipeable again*
    I do find it nice that you can actually cast a rotation in dungeons though. The biggest risk in spamming dungeons is getting bad players who are used to it being an aoe fest. I went into Scarlet Monastery, the one where you go inside the cathedral, and the bosses are quite "hard". The tank on the last room accidentally pulled the whole room and resulted in a massive wipe.

However, you do get quite of xp in the end and I think they are worth doing for the quests inside.
    Last edited by NomCarver; 2018-01-17 at 12:19 PM.

Deleted
    Clearly done to sell more lvl 100 boosts and make more money, luckily i have a level 100 boost banked from buying legion or wod forgot what one it was

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like seeing my damage numbers actually change and go up as well as the amount of hits it takes to kill mobs change over time. Before it felt like my damage numbers just stayed the same as I leveled up and it felt like the amount of hits it took to kill mobs stayed the same from 1 to 60/70, 70 to 80, 80 to 90 and 90 to 100.

I also really like the freedom of being able to level and quest in any zone I want given I meet the requirement level to that zone. The fact that once I hit level 40 and I feel like leveling through Northern Barrens I can actually do so feels so liberating for some reason. I absolutely love it. Same goes for the options to level through either Outland or Northrend from 58 to 80. I can't wait to actually level and experience Blade's Edge Mountains properly for the first time ever.

I've also completed Ghostlands for the first time ever thanks to this patch. I never knew there was this huge, unique tower in the south-western part of the map. That actually surprised me quite a bit and I can't wait to explore more maps like I've explored Ghostlands.

Few downsides though is that while mob HP has gone up, their damage is still very low. I can pull 5+ mobs and AoE them down and not go below 50% hp fairly mindlessly easily while leveling my ret paladin. Also a glaring issue that's become even more apparent is the fact that auto attacks do practically no damage which feels absolutely awful when all of your abilities are on CD and the mob you're fighting is low on health. I would really appreciate if AA damage was upped a bit. Same goes at level 110, but with the leveling changes it's even more apparent I feel. For now there's also the "problem" of more frequently encountering much higher leveled enemy players than you while leveling on a PvP server. Not a problem I'm really bothered by, even less so since it's a temporary one, but a minor one nonetheless.

I also wouldn't be opposed to mob hp being reduced just slightly to make killing mobs a bit less tedious while buffing their damage moderately as compensation.

All in all though, it's definitely a positive change. I only leveled two characters from 1 to 110 before this patch during Legion and I really disliked how weak everything felt. Felt like I was speedrunning ant nest stomping. Jumping from ant nest to ant nest just trying to get it over with. I wouldn't even get halfway through a zone before I had outleveled it significantly.

10+ Year Old Account
    People should try it before complaining also 45 sec to kill something what are you doing using your fist? running around naked? Heirloom Survival hunter can still one shot enemy's so i highly doubt it it would take any class that long. Anyway leveling a hunter took me about 2.5 hours to get to level 22 maxed cooking and engineering while leveling lost a little time there. Overall it feels like its going faster not much just slightly might be because of less downtime because you don't really change areas you just follow the quest and end up where you need to be.

My opinion its better then it was would had been nice if mobs did some more damage but it just feels less mind numbing.

The weapon of my choice are great balls of fire!