Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Possible Spoiler] Patch 7.3.5 and the Goblins.

Heya guys!

With the new development of our storyline, we've gotten a little cutscene and I am not sure if I'm the only one but...

.... I am silently cheering that Gallywix is starting to make more presence and especially as a schemer. Will this mean soon to be another chapter for the Goblins? Last chapter we had, we paid dearly with Blackfuse joining Garrosh but that was a dark chapter compared to further advancements.

As well, I am loving the fact that even though part of the Horde, the other leaders shows even less trust to Gallywix than even Sylvanas.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I am saddened that Gallywix is still the Trade Prince, but whatever.

Glad that people hate him considering his history with the Horde.

Deleted
    I wish they hadn't made gallywix a slaver etc back in cata. I don't mind a seedy faction leader but a man who enslaved his own kind?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    I am saddened that Gallywix is still the Trade Prince, but whatever.

Glad that people hate him considering his history with the Horde.
    Well, he's not been in danger, that is the thing. He sends out his men and stays in safety. Always done so. Only reason he joined the Horde was because he was suddenly in danger of getting his ass kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    I wish they hadn't made gallywix a slaver etc back in cata. I don't mind a seedy faction leader but a man who enslaved his own kind?
    Well, we call it slaver, he could call it something else. A goblin sees a profit where they can, after all.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well, he's not been in danger, that is the thing. He sends out his men and stays in safety. Always done so. Only reason he joined the Horde was because he was suddenly in danger of getting his ass kicked.

Well, we call it slaver, he could call it something else. A goblin sees a profit where they can, after all.
    Well I hate him for it regardless. I just wish he was a slightly less evil character. Also his own goblins resent him for slavery, think it's in that blank scroll short story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I hate him for it regardless. I just wish he was a slightly less evil character. Also his own goblins resent him for slavery, think it's in that blank scroll short story.
    Well, it isn't really evil. And most Goblins hate each other to a certain extent. Gallywix was just not the favorite one, and well, greed flows to their heads.

7+ Year Old Account
    Gallywix and Sylvanas are the leaders who should be replaced badly.

Would be good to have a actual leader for the goblins who cares about his people, i don't like the way of goblins are portrait only as little green fucks who only cares about money, this is not the right and only way to work on a playable race, i wish the bilgewater cartel would be different, i they have some sense of honor, dignity, pride and duty

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Gallywix and Sylvanas are the leaders who should be replaced badly.

Would be good to have a actual leader for the goblins who cares about his people, i don't like the way of goblins are portrait only as little green fucks who only cares about money, this is not the right and only way to work on a playable race, i wish the bilgewater cartel would be different, i they have some sense of honor, dignity, pride and duty
    Nah, there needs to be rotten apples sometimes, not everything can be nice. While Gallywix is the leader, he isn't as respected like a pack of Gobsquad or the likes. He is the means you need to deal with for your caravan to go forward, it isn't always fun when everyone is on the cart because you asked nicely.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course, I had hoped for a cartel lead by Gazlowe but he seems to rather hold himself as a neutral contractor.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nah, there needs to be rotten apples sometimes, not everything can be nice. While Gallywix is the leader, he isn't as respected like a pack of Gobsquad or the likes. He is the means you need to deal with for your caravan to go forward, it isn't always fun when everyone is on the cart because you asked nicely.
    but why only in the horde?

Like i said almost 100% goblins are portraits as money hungers who only cares about profit, this is not good for the narrative, especially not good for goblin players, im tired of seeing threads saying the goblins would totally leave the horde for enough money dismissing all they lore build on the start zone.

Would be good for their lore to have exceptions, someone with pride who would follow the horde because he like it, he feel right, not because we will win tons of gold

but i like Gally, just wish more characters with a different view, if he assume the leadership perfect

Calling it, now. Gallywix winds up inhibiting or trying to stop the healing of The Wound, because healing it means no more Azerite, so no more profitable fancy blood ore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    Calling it, now. Gallywix winds up inhibiting or trying to stop the healing of The Wound, because healing it means no more Azerite, so no more profitable fancy blood ore.
    I've been speculating about Gallywix starting a new Alliance vs Horde war for money for some time now but have always come to a conclusion that it's not Blizzard's style of writing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Based on the Silithus quests it looks like more people than just Gallywix are complicit in this behavior. There seems to be a concerted effort or conspiracy to prevent the knowledge that Azerite is the lifeblood of Azeroth from becoming common knowledge.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    I've been speculating about Gallywix starting a new Alliance vs Horde war for money for some time now but have always come to a conclusion that it's not Blizzard's style of writing.
    I would've thought this in the past, but they did what I didn't expect with the Sha story in Pandaria kind of being an allegory for war being bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    but why only in the horde?

Like i said almost 100% goblins are portraits as money hungers who only cares about profit, this is not good for the narrative, especially not good for goblin players, im tired of seeing threads saying the goblins would totally leave the horde for enough money dismissing all they lore build on the start zone.
    Nah, I have my doubts the goblins would leave the Horde. The Horde still helped them the most, and Bilgewater offered their services as a return. Gallywix has never really been the spokesperson for the cartel, he's the leader but doesn't have enough respect to be able to control all trades and deals within.

Would be good for their lore to have exceptions, someone with pride who would follow the horde because he like it, he feel right, not because we will win tons of gold
    You have a good example of a pure Goblin but still countless of times has signed for the Horde when really needed, Gazlowe. The creator of the newest Orgrimmar - until Blackfuse pushed on his territory, that is, and made the sub-levels for SoO.

but i like Gally, just wish more characters with a different view, if he assume the leadership perfect
    Gallywix is one of the rotten apples who just knows how to drive the cart. You have Goblins who would love to oppose him but are scared of his connections and 'tools', and then you have the Goblins who rather just make their own 'brand' within their cartel to serve the Horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, I could imagine him doing so. You saw on the isles with the Goblin starting zone, everything is going shit but he's still trying to milk every moolah able.

All the more reason not to trust him, all the more reason to hate and despise him. It's good writing.

I loved Gallywix here, such a great personality. His little song walking up to Sylvanas and her subsequent sigh were just perfect.

As well, I am loving the fact that even though part of the Horde, the other leaders shows even less trust to Gallywix than even Sylvanas.
    Yeah, I thought that was noteworthy as well. The fact that Baine and Saurfang were more suspicious of him than Sylvanas made me think he could be a potential boss in Kezan... hope I'm wrong though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    Would've been a good moment for it now, what if the Goblins started the BFA events?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Based on the Silithus quests it looks like more people than just Gallywix are complicit in this behavior. There seems to be a concerted effort or conspiracy to prevent the knowledge that Azerite is the lifeblood of Azeroth from becoming common knowledge.
    Considering that Azerite should be bristling with energy, can imagine the military sector of the Alliance would be glad to see something in their favor too. And the fact the Horde found it first, and the Alliance becomes all, GOTTA FIND OUT TOO!

- - - Updated - - -

I would've thought this in the past, but they did what I didn't expect with the Sha story in Pandaria kind of being an allegory for war being bad.
    War is always bad but it'll always happen as we're so different.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    All the more reason not to trust him, all the more reason to hate and despise him. It's good writing.
    Indeed, can't all be heroes in the selection.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdrop View Post
    I loved Gallywix here, such a great personality. His little song walking up to Sylvanas and her subsequent sigh were just perfect.
    This is what got me hyping, the while tune while scheming. Most likely something he isn't telling after he presented the Warchief his gold winning smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdrop View Post
    Yeah, I thought that was noteworthy as well. The fact that Baine and Saurfang were more suspicious of him than Sylvanas made me think he could be a potential boss in Kezan... hope I'm wrong though.
    Why wouldn't he be a problem in Kezan? Hope not as a dungeon boss though. Hehe. Yeah, Baine and Saurfangs distrust was perfectly placed. I think they made him as I would see a Goblin Cartel Leader.

Love it. Horde confirmed as bad guys 2k18

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Yes, seems like at least part of SI:7 is acting the same way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    No It's not? Easy to make a character hateable. It was bad writing that thrall ever let him leave that island in the first place. I don't want faction leaders I hate....