Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    So, any valuable experience and internal knowledge Eitrigg possesses about waging war, the people of the Horde and its enemies is completely useless because he has battle scars?

Got it...
    Once again, I don't see the point of sidelining a faction that gets shafted all the time by Blizzard just to put another generic orc in a cinematic.

Eitrigg is as generic as an orc can be, really. Old grizzled war veteran that has injuries but still fights and knows his way around the battlefield.

W o w. It's like every second orc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Can the Alliance just change it's name to The Imperium of Man already so we can have a violent revolution and overthrow the yoke of Stormwind?
    Sure, Just as soon as the Hrde under Sylvanas changes its name to The Meatshields

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    You watch your mouth with that Heresy. Anduin is the God Emperor now.
    No, Rastakhan is the true God Emperor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Once again, I don't see the point of sidelining a faction that gets shafted all the time by Blizzard just to put another generic orc in a cinematic.

Eitrigg is as generic as an orc can be, really. Old grizzled war veteran that has injuries but still fights and knows his way around the battlefield.

He's literally just sitting at a table with equally as many Tauren and Elves.

What did he ever do to you?

Deleted
    Anyone else think that the Azerite is somehow messing with their heads? Look at Anduin and Sylvanas' faces when they see it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bethanie View Post
    Why isn't Sylvanas addressing the Horde in public, does she have no respect for 'her' people at all?

It's also disappointing that the Horde are being shown as the villains again. As someone who enjoys playing a Goblin, I hope that disgusting rat Gallywix is killed off quickly, and Sylvanas is forced to use her cannibalise skill on his stinking carcass as punishment for working with him. Thrall should never have accepted him as leader of the Goblins.

In case you missed it,

she did it way before Branduin. At Vol'jin pyre funeral..
    Last edited by Drpizka; 2018-01-17 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Jesus fucking christ. Anduin seriously is having press conference.
    Lots of press were there to cover it: WorgenNews, Draenei Insider, Dwarvish Screen Archive, Darnassian Post and Gnomish Evening Telegraph.
    National Geographic also sent a representative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. I can understand Saurfang, because he's relevant and has an actual status at the moment.

Eitrigg though? The last time he was relevant was when he didn't advise Garrosh. Doesn't help that he is kind of useless anyway due to the fact that he is not able to move all that well anymore due to joint injuries.

I mean, fuck, could have just replaced Eitrig with Ji.
    Oh, he tried. Garrosh just completely ignored him and did whatever the fuck he wanted. He was the Warchief and Eitrigg does what the Warchief says, that's how it works..
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    In other words, Blizzard continues to ignore that many Alliance players want true representation of their races and not a "Human-only Club".
    At least they were present. On the Horde side we have the leaders having a private party. No celebration with their faction. Poor fur trader Joe in Orgrimmar doesn't even know the Legion is defeated.

Quote Originally Posted by aketus View Post
    Better look at the female who dies at Teldrassil? Any guesses?
    Are you sayin all nelfs looks the same? You f-ing racist!

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    It made sense to me that the cinematic is there because that is where Varian's tomb is, so he addressed everyone at his father's memorial as the chapter that started with his death has been closed.

- - - Updated - - -

I believe those were literally citizens of Stormwind, not members of various races that came in for the speech specifically. Figure they'd adapt to the Stormwind style of living.

If I remember correct, there was an entire night elven quarter in Stormwind before Deathwing obliterated it.

I absolutely love the Baine and Saurfang part. Sylvanas clearly didn't give a damn about the things Baine said and Saurfang knows something is wrong when he sees it.

I like goblins overall as they add another dimension to the Horde and have always been there with it - for the right price nontheless, but they've been there.
    Yeah, I agree, they did a smashing job portraying the factions well. The alliance got a heroic stoic speech. The horde got intrigue and really good characterization of the various leaders, it was nice seeing more of Baine. I still don't think putting night elves in the alliance one cheering like that was fitting, but I doubt they care for such details.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    At least they were present. On the Horde side we have the leaders having a private party. No celebration with their faction. Poor fur trader Joe in Orgrimmar doesn't even know the Legion is defeated.
    The Horde "parade" (they want to avoid to repeat Garrosh's celebrations and parades) happens in the upcoming book.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=275306/b...mpler-spoilers

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Yeah, I agree, they did a smashing job portraying the factions well.
    Yes, the portait of Alliance as "Human Club" is clearly a smashing job.

It was't that hard to at least have the rest of the Alliance leadership next to Anduin.

- - - Updated - - -

Eitrigg has been the advisor of every single Warchief of Thrall's Horde.

The Horde "parade" (they want to avoid to repeat Garrosh's celebrations and parades) happens in the upcoming book.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=275306/b...mpler-spoilers

- - - Updated - - -

It was't that hard to at least have the rest of the Alliance leadership next to Anduin.
    Looks like its more a Stormwind thing, presumably other racial leaders would be in their capitals addressing their peoples, what would have been nice is if they did one for each race then on the alliance, but...resources.

Deleted
    Yeah, Just as the Alliance leaders got together to have a gloomy dinner happens off camera as well.

- - - Updated - - -

It would've been just as easy to have the actual Horde present instead of only their 1%s.

Quote Originally Posted by leorana View Post
    So..it seems the agressors are the alliance.
    The Horde are literally ripping the soul/lifeblood of the planet out of the ground. You would think they would have learnt from Garrosh not to just start tearing into the ground. Especially where C'thun used to be and since it had just been established that Azeroth is a world soul, like we just fought Argus. It would be common knowledge amongst the faction leaders that the planet is alive and it just got stabbed. So Sylvanas/Gallywix make a clear beeline for it, knowing full well they are tampering about. The Alliance is literally having a speech about unity and peace when this happens.

The fact that people say Sylvanas doesnt give a shit about the horde and its so bad, is laughable. Anduinn alone decides to spy on the horde and that they cannot be allowed to mine azurite, without consultation with the rest of the alliance leaders.

The alliance is as much of a tool for humans and the horde is for sylvanas. Only difference is that humans take the whole spotlight from the other alliance races.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    For your EU example to work it would have to be King Philippe ruling from Brussels purely because of his bloodline. I have a feeling the other EU members would not be particularly thrilled with the idea. Hell, even Belgium probably wouldn't like it.
    So, is our issue that there is a leader for the Alliance at all, or that leader being Anduin? I'm just asking because 90% of the time I see people complaining about the Alliance being an alliance, they were complaining that there shouldn't be a leader - which is wrong, as I brought up EU as an example (or many other alliances throughout the history). An alliance, even though its members will be treated equally, can still have a leader who act as the binding force for the rest. That's the current "High King" role (formerly "High Commander"). Anduin isn't literally king of the Alliance in the sense that he can lord over other leaders, and other leaders can in fact ignore Anduin / the High King if they want to.

Now, if the issue is that the figurehead leader role is taken Anduin, then I'd like to point out that it isn't too strange either. Anduin inherited the position of King of Stormwind from his father. Humans, as stated by Blizzard, is by far the most populated and powerful faction inside the Alliance - that's a plus. Anduin is also favored by a number of the Alliance leaders - Genn, Velen, Moira and Magni (might not be counted any longer now he's taken a more neutral role). Aysa didn't have any direct interaction with Anduin, but the Pandaren viewed him favorably as well due to his conducts in MoP. The other two leaders (Tyrande and Merkatoque) don't have anything against Anduin or the Humans either, as both were helped by them during Varian's time. With all that said, is it so weird that the Alliance leaders either wouldn't mind Anduin taking the High King role, or even support him for it?
    Last edited by Qualia; 2018-01-17 at 01:08 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I still don't think putting night elves in the alliance one cheering like that was fitting, but I doubt they care for such details.
    It's just like the Horde cinematic after the Broken Shore, with tons of undead and blood elves in orc attire cheering for Sylvanas and Vol'jin as he burns on the pyre. I imagine that faction capitals have become like major cities in Star Wars; multiracial and multicultural, despite their original design being human or orcish.

Deleted
    Yeah, Just as the Alliance leaders got together to have a gloomy dinner happens off camera as well.
    Yet, since Golden wrote both the cinematics and the book, we only know about the Horde dinner and parade. The Alliance so far is only the Stormwind speech, lacking all the leadership minus Anduin and Genn.

It would've been just as easy to have the actual Horde present instead of only their 1%s.
    The population of Stormwind plus some visitors are "the actual Alliance"?

The population of Stormwind plus some visitors are "the actual Alliance"?
    This is a bit grasping at the straw, I'd say. How do you know that was just Stormwind citizens + some visitors, and not simply just a lot of Alliance citizens gathering for a celebration? There were every races there and they filled most of the space in that scene. Surely you aren't saying that they would have to show millions of character models for it to be considered "the actual Alliance"?
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.